Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
JZilla

***OFFICIAL*** Washington Nationals ongoing thread

Giolito may have transformed from one of the worst pitchers in baseball (last year) to a legitimate ace.  Sorry guys.  

On 5/23/2019 at 11:13 PM, fred_1_15301 said:

Giolito may have transformed from one of the worst pitchers in baseball (last year) to a legitimate ace.  Sorry guys.  

He’s not an ace

Juan Soto just does everything extremely well. He’s not a fast runner but he is a great base runner for example.

Juan Soto is decent for a 20-year-old. :coffee: 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Doctor Detroit said:

Juan Soto is decent for a 20-year-old. :coffee: 

I'm not going to just like this post. I'm going to LOVE this post.

I know teams don't really draft in baseball for immediate need but interesting the Nats used their 3rd and 4th rounders on a 22 year old 3B (college seniors drafted high don't typically stay in the minors for years and years) and Arkansas' great closer, who is thought to be near MLB ready.

10 hours ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

I know teams don't really draft in baseball for immediate need but interesting the Nats used their 3rd and 4th rounders on a 22 year old 3B (college seniors drafted high don't typically stay in the minors for years and years) and Arkansas' great closer, who is thought to be near MLB ready.

Does that mean they won't try to retain Rendon? 

7 hours ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

Does that mean they won't try to retain Rendon? 

I think they want to resign him.  IMO, they have to do it before the trade deadline or they have to deal him.  They can't screw this up like they did Harper and get a 4th round pick back as compensation.  

I would not read too much into Rendon, as I don't think a 3rd rounder would dictate whether they re-sign him.  They could definitely use some MLB ready depth there regardless of what happens with Rendon.  They called up Jake Noll at one point this year, who is hitting around .230 in the PCL.

And Kendrick has been great, but someone will probably pay him starter money this offseason, which I don't think the Nats will do.  

Was yesterday the best thing that's happened to Nats fans since at least the HR Derby last year?   Can't remember anything better. Felt good to be emotionally invested in a baseball game again, it's been a while.

You can NOT put Rosenthal in a game against Atlanta when other options are available.  And can NOT leave him in there to walk four guys.  These games count twice since you either gain a game or lose a game in the standings.  

And then he puts tomorrow's starter in for the 8th inning.  Bullpen management of this team is just god awful.

Jonny Venters and Fernando Rodney  :lmao:..  Okay I can see Venters but a 42 year old Rodney who has been as wild as Rosenthal.  :lmao:

And someone is being removed from the 40 man to make this happen.