What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Washington Nationals ongoing thread (3 Viewers)

From Thomas Boswell's column the other day:

Dmitri Young had two doubles and may hit at first base until Nick Johnson's broken leg is healed. But you haven't lived until you see Young scream, "YOURS," on a high popup on a sunny day.
:popcorn: Yours? :mellow: It's going to be a loooong season.

Looks like there're about 3 dozen people at the game tonight. It's pretty freakin' cold though. Austin Kearns' ears are blue.

Jason Bergmann is putting em on already.

eta: Batters, not Austin Kearns' ears

Last edited by a moderator:
Randy St. Claire should get himself a little cart or something. He's going to set a record for mound visits this season.

Not really his fault, but Randy St. Claire is not long for his job.

Boy this team is the stink. The offense may pick up a bit once they get Casto out of the 2-spot, not sure what's up with that but the guy has shown he's not ready.

Need some official predictions on W/L record by the end of the season. For betting purposes, as I feel the lines haven't yet represented just how awful Washington is.

I think 27 to 33 wins at home. 25 to 30 wins on the road. 52 to 63 wins total.

This team is clearly the worst team we've seen in a couple of years, right?

The offense may pick up a bit once they get Casto out of the 2-spot, not sure what's up with that but the guy has shown he's not ready.
They're not exactly loaded with options, though. Who would you put there?

Need some official predictions on W/L record by the end of the season. For betting purposes, as I feel the lines haven't yet represented just how awful Washington is. I think 27 to 33 wins at home. 25 to 30 wins on the road. 52 to 63 wins total.This team is clearly the worst team we've seen in a couple of years, right?
Yup.121 is not out of the question.

The offense may pick up a bit once they get Casto out of the 2-spot, not sure what's up with that but the guy has shown he's not ready.
They're not exactly loaded with options, though. Who would you put there?
Anybody who can put a bat on a ball. I'd put Church there. That gives you a pretty solid 1-5. Casto is a weak link, easy out, may as well put the pitcher or Schneider there.

Shawn Hill's quietly putting together a pretty nice April. 4 starts, sub-3 ERA, a respectable K/BB. He won't break the bank on wins, due to offensive inferiority, but he looks fo'rills to me. Pick the boy up in keepers.

Tom Boswell in the WaPo had a column yesterday saying that this team has a very good chance to be amongst the worst of all time. Man, do they SUCK.

Swept by the white hot Brew crew

This team almost looked decent a couple times but I think reality has set in now. 121 is a very distinct possibility.

Would love to see what Bowden was offered for Soriano. I know he'll get a couple of draft picks as compensation, but at this point I can't believe the decision to not trade Alfonso was a good one.

They should move Cordero soon before he loses all of his value. Give Rauch the closer gig.

Poor Ryan Zimmerman.

Two saves in a row is pretty telling

But my crystal ball is a bit fuzzy so I can't say for sure

JZilla said:
Acta doesn't really know what he's doing.
Is this specific to the closer position or just a general comment?
General comment, but in his defense, he really only has half a team's worth of major league material to work with.Still, I haven't seen anything to make me think he'll be around more than a season or two. I've been down on him since the Casto in the 2-hole experiment that went on way too long.

Here's their starting pitching depth chart right now.

1 John Patterson ® (D.L.)

2 Shawn Hill ® (D.L.)

3 Jason Bergmann ® (D.L.)

4 Matt Chico (L)

5 Mike O'Connor (L) (D.L.)

5 Jason Simontacchi ®

5 Jerome Williams ® (D.L.)

Leaving them now with most likely the worst rotation in MLB history.

Here's their starting pitching depth chart right now.1 John Patterson ® (D.L.) 2 Shawn Hill ® (D.L.) 3 Jason Bergmann ® (D.L.) 4 Matt Chico (L) 5 Mike O'Connor (L) (D.L.) 5 Jason Simontacchi ® 5 Jerome Williams ® (D.L.)Leaving them now with most likely the worst rotation in MLB history.
:rant: Speigner looked pretty solid yesterday... a good number of those HRs fell just short..

4-6-1 double play was interesting...

Bacsik with a solid game, until that last predictable mistake.. can the good guys hang on to take 3/4 from the shukies?

Unfortunately I have a previous engagement, but I hope they get a good turnout and nice reception at home tomorrow... that was a real nice road trip and they're really starting to show that they've got a solid core of talent to build on. It's a good time for the city to get behind these guys.

Unfortunately I have a previous engagement, but I hope they get a good turnout and nice reception at home tomorrow... that was a real nice road trip and they're really starting to show that they've got a solid core of talent to build on. It's a good time for the city to get behind these guys.
:shock:Guzman's a new player, compared to two years ago. Young has filled in nicely for Nick Johnson. Nook is a nice threat at the bottom of the order. I hope he develops into a leadoff man; his speed is sick. And, hey, maybe Langerhans could hit cleanup. :loco: Seriously, though, I think one big FA bat next year would have the batting order in good shape.School's still in session, so I doubt there will be much more than 25000 at a weeknight game despite their recent success, unless I'm underestimating the number of Dodger fans in the area. Fact is, they simply don't get a ton of coverage in the media and they don't do a whole lot to market themselves. I think they're just trying to get by this year until the new stadium next year.

Users who are viewing this thread