What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Build a Basketball Franchise. (1 Viewer)

pgreenfan

Footballguy
Round 2.

1. Sacramento King

2. Washington Wizards

3. Indiana Pacers

4. Utah Jazz

5. Chicago Bulls

6. Dallas Mavericks

7. New Jersey Nets

8. Milwaukee Bucks

9. Orlando Magic

10. Atlanta Hawks

11. Boston Celtics

12. Golden State Warriors

13. Los Angeles Lakers

14. Detroit Pistons

15. Houston Rockets

16. Toronto Raptors

17. Memphis Grizzlies

18. Cleveland Cavaliers

19. Portland Trailblazers

20. New York Knicks

21. Charlotte Bobcats

22. Minnesota Timberwolves

23. Los Angeles Clippers

24. Miami Heat

25. Denver Nuggets

26. Phoenix Suns

27. Philadelphia 76ers

28. NO/OKC Hornets

29. Seattle Sonics

30. San Antonio Spurs

Round 2.1. Sacramento King2. Washington Wizards3. Indiana Pacers4. Utah Jazz5. Chicago Bulls - Al Jefferson, F/C6. Dallas Mavericks - Josh Smith, F7. New Jersey Nets8. Milwaukee Bucks9. Orlando Magic10. Atlanta Hawks11. Boston Celtics12. Golden State Warriors13. Los Angeles Lakers14. Detroit Pistons15. Houston Rockets16. Toronto Raptors17. Memphis Grizzlies18. Cleveland Cavaliers19. Portland Trailblazers20. New York Knicks21. Charlotte Bobcats22. Minnesota Timberwolves23. Los Angeles Clippers24. Miami Heat25. Denver Nuggets26. Phoenix Suns27. Philadelphia 76ers28. NO/OKC Hornets29. Seattle Sonics30. San Antonio Spurs

Damn, now the run on young PG's after the bigs. I keep missing by one pick! Guess I have to go with an oldie but goodie here:

Round 2.

1. Sacramento King

2. Washington Wizards

3. Indiana Pacers

4. Utah Jazz

5. Chicago Bulls - Al Jefferson, F/C

6. Dallas Mavericks - Josh Smith, F

7. New Jersey Nets

8. Milwaukee Bucks

9. Orlando Magic

10. Atlanta Hawks--Jason Kidd

11. Boston Celtics

12. Golden State Warriors

13. Los Angeles Lakers

14. Detroit Pistons

15. Houston Rockets

16. Toronto Raptors

17. Memphis Grizzlies

18. Cleveland Cavaliers

19. Portland Trailblazers

20. New York Knicks

21. Charlotte Bobcats

22. Minnesota Timberwolves

23. Los Angeles Clippers

24. Miami Heat

25. Denver Nuggets

26. Phoenix Suns

27. Philadelphia 76ers

28. NO/OKC Hornets

29. Seattle Sonics

30. San Antonio Spurs

2.13 - Manu Ginobili

One of my favorite stats is the PER at espn.com - assigns values to categories and works them out to a per minute rate for each player. Manu is #8 in the league - only Wade, Dirk, Duncan, Yao, Kobe, LBJ, and KG are ahead of him. The difference? Those guys were all picked in the top 10. For some reason I'm getting Manu at pick #43.

He "rates out" to average 21/5/5 if he played 40 minutes/game. With Pop and the Spurs, he doesn't play 40 minutes - more like 30. Pop really tries to avoid the big minutes, even Duncan only plays about 34. Parker, when the Spurs were strugglig earlier this year, went to Pop and asked to play more because he's young and can handle it. Pop's response? "F--- off." I say this to show why Ginobili isn't playing more - it's not because of a lack of durability, it's because of Popovich.

He's a very good defender, both positionally and in terms of steals/anticipation. He's a very efficient shooter/scorer - shots a high percentage from the field, the 3, and the free throw line. He's capable of dominating games - see his 24 consecutive points in 10 minutes earlier this year.

I think Manu is VASTLY underrated because his numbers aren't off the charts, but I feel like that is because Pop limits everybody's minutes. I think he's more than capable of playing 40 minutes a game, he has done so at times in the playoffs, and he will on my team. I rambled so much about him because I'm ecstatic to get him here.

Team so far: F/C Jermaine O'Neal, G Manu Ginobili

2.14- Detroit Pistons select C Marcus Camby

One of the premier defenders in the league, Camby is also a capable player in the post on the offensive side, too. Only reason he doesn't get more offensive chances is, well, he does have Melo and A.I on his team.

Note: Yes, I'm well aware this makes the 3rd Nuggets player I've selected so far.

Suns and Rockets trade

Suns get 2.15, 3.16 and 5.16

Rockets get 2.26, 3.5 and 5.5

With 2.15, the Suns select Ray Allen, SG

2.16- St. Louis Raptors select PG Baron Davis, Golden State Warriors

He's not the cheeriest fellow, but he's put up in the neighborhood of 20 PPG the last couple years and averages about 8 APG as well. I'll definitely take that.

Last edited by a moderator:
2.24 Heat take G/F Jason Richardson

Edit to change team name.... accidently put celtics

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread