What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***New York*** (2 Viewers)

Floppo - Got a list of Kid friendly YET COOL restaurants - Maybe outside seating...

I've learned that the key with kids is to just go out real early - Like 5:00pm before the rush and there wil be lots of kids around...

I've got a buddy coming into town with a 8month old....

I was thinking of just going to Rosa Mexicana - I don't think there's an outside but, it's pretty cool :lmao:
Our fall-back for that kind of scene is B-Bar... Bowery and 4th St. Outdoor seating... check.

Kid-friendly... check.

Lots of available seating and kids at brunch and early dinners... check.

Food... kinda ok- not great, but consistently decent.... check?

Mainly it's in the hood, so ... double check.

We also go to Thor in the Rivington Hotel- a bit pricey, but good food and always a table available at the last minute. Groovy wallpaper that the kid goes ape-#### over... and also a short walk, so yes-sir.

But we're dying for some new spots.

Oh- totally agree about getting out early. I think we're just starting to figure that out- we've been heading out as soon as I get back from the office around 6:30 over the last couple of weeks.
That's funny - As an old B &T'r I tell the wife all the time how "back in the day" I used to hang out at B-bar, and we did - Haven't been there in maybe 10 years but, it was great back then....

So, I've been saying B-Bar as a joke......

But, hmmmmmmm. It's possible.. She just sent me a link to Lunetta at Broadway and Park...

We'll probably be taking a nice long walk so any of these areas will do.

I just don't feel like winding up at Pete's Tavern again. (or Choshi ; ) )
lol... I used to say B-Bar as a joke too, until we went for it one Sunday brunch and had no problem getting a table with our stroller rolled up to it without angry looks or comments from the staff. Even offer high chairs and flirt with Floppolinho.Lunetta... A bit out of our walking range, but I'll look into that- thanks!

Choshi :lmao:
I think we're going to try this Saturday around 3:00 if you're in the area - We'll have the two strollers :bs: and lots of drinks....We tried some new BBQ place up near Park and 20th that was pretty lame, good for kids though. The table next two us was two women with kids and they were getting TRASHED.. She gets up to pick up a kid then sits back down and misses the chair completely and I had to help her up... Then the older kid (maybe 3) walks towards our table and grabs a steak knife off the next table and proceeds to do a sword swallow 'trick' and I'm like :blackdot: And I grab the knife..... Jeez, I'm watching MY kid. They pretty much ran out after that.
How'd it go? We ended up there the next morning for brunch with friends and the bub... wondered whether the Reaper clan burned the place down or not...

Floppo - Got a list of Kid friendly YET COOL restaurants - Maybe outside seating...

I've learned that the key with kids is to just go out real early - Like 5:00pm before the rush and there wil be lots of kids around...

I've got a buddy coming into town with a 8month old....

I was thinking of just going to Rosa Mexicana - I don't think there's an outside but, it's pretty cool :lmao:
Our fall-back for that kind of scene is B-Bar... Bowery and 4th St. Outdoor seating... check.

Kid-friendly... check.

Lots of available seating and kids at brunch and early dinners... check.

Food... kinda ok- not great, but consistently decent.... check?

Mainly it's in the hood, so ... double check.

We also go to Thor in the Rivington Hotel- a bit pricey, but good food and always a table available at the last minute. Groovy wallpaper that the kid goes ape-#### over... and also a short walk, so yes-sir.

But we're dying for some new spots.

Oh- totally agree about getting out early. I think we're just starting to figure that out- we've been heading out as soon as I get back from the office around 6:30 over the last couple of weeks.
That's funny - As an old B &T'r I tell the wife all the time how "back in the day" I used to hang out at B-bar, and we did - Haven't been there in maybe 10 years but, it was great back then....

So, I've been saying B-Bar as a joke......

But, hmmmmmmm. It's possible.. She just sent me a link to Lunetta at Broadway and Park...

We'll probably be taking a nice long walk so any of these areas will do.

I just don't feel like winding up at Pete's Tavern again. (or Choshi ; ) )
lol... I used to say B-Bar as a joke too, until we went for it one Sunday brunch and had no problem getting a table with our stroller rolled up to it without angry looks or comments from the staff. Even offer high chairs and flirt with Floppolinho.Lunetta... A bit out of our walking range, but I'll look into that- thanks!

Choshi :lmao:
I think we're going to try this Saturday around 3:00 if you're in the area - We'll have the two strollers :goodposting: and lots of drinks....We tried some new BBQ place up near Park and 20th that was pretty lame, good for kids though. The table next two us was two women with kids and they were getting TRASHED.. She gets up to pick up a kid then sits back down and misses the chair completely and I had to help her up... Then the older kid (maybe 3) walks towards our table and grabs a steak knife off the next table and proceeds to do a sword swallow 'trick' and I'm like :lol: And I grab the knife..... Jeez, I'm watching MY kid. They pretty much ran out after that.
How'd it go? We ended up there the next morning for brunch with friends and the bub... wondered whether the Reaper clan burned the place down or not...
It was muggy with a threat of rain at any moment which it did a few times that weekend so, we didn't venture that far....Wound up going to Rosa Mexicana Twice (Friday and Saturday) - Which BTW is GREAT for Kids :potkettle: Friday was just a test, then we went back with the crew on Saturday.

I agree with all the reviews that the food is very average and it's somewhat overpriced but, the place is LOUD and Roomy which to me make it perfect for kids, especially on a hot muggy day.... Add some Guac, Sangria and a few bottles of wine and all is well.....

If people go there with a date and expect something special, I'd say not so - But, We'll probably go back. Reminds me of a PF Changs for Chinese food. (which we also like).

Grand Opening of Brother Jimmy's new location at 31st and Lex - gonna be huge, should be lots of talent.

Grand Opening of Brother Jimmy's new location at 31st and Lex - gonna be huge, should be lots of talent.
Geez. Every other storefront is becoming a Bros Jims. I have to admit the Penn station location is convenient for a quick drink, and an improvement on whatever the hell was there before.

Geez. Every other storefront is becoming a Bros Jims. I have to admit the Penn station location is convenient for a quick drink, and an improvement on whatever the hell was there before.
Rumor has it Dip (the fondu place) is turning into a sportsbar too. Murray Hill is getting flooded with sports bars.This Bro. J's is supposed to be really big, their biggest yet, 2 floors, street level and then a basement for the Saloon.

Last edited by a moderator:
In a couple of weeks my wife is headed there with my daughter and one of her friends for her 12th birthday on a trip. And OMG it includes seeing Jonas Bros. at MSG!!!!!!! I know the JoBros!!!OMGOMGOMG. (Nick is the favorite I'm told)

Needless to say - I am not going. But.....

Do you(doubtful) or your significant others know of any cool boutique, hip shopping spots for them to hit that are New York specific.(Greenwich/ SoHo/ others) And a bit preteen oriented. Someplace that the girls know what New York has other than the same places at malls. I know it's a reach to get that info here but I am always amazed. Otis? Seeing any young girls lately?

In a couple of weeks my wife is headed there with my daughter and one of her friends for her 12th birthday on a trip. And OMG it includes seeing Jonas Bros. at MSG!!!!!!! I know the JoBros!!!OMGOMGOMG. (Nick is the favorite I'm told)

Do you(doubtful) or your significant others know of any cool boutique, hip shopping spots for them to hit that are New York specific.(Greenwich/ SoHo/ others) And a bit preteen oriented. Someplace that the girls know what New York has other than the same places at malls. I know it's a reach to get that info here but I am always amazed. Otis? Seeing any young girls lately?
Yelp does not have much - altho u may find one of those results applicable

In a couple of weeks my wife is headed there with my daughter and one of her friends for her 12th birthday on a trip. And OMG it includes seeing Jonas Bros. at MSG!!!!!!! I know the JoBros!!!OMGOMGOMG. (Nick is the favorite I'm told)Needless to say - I am not going. But.....Do you(doubtful) or your significant others know of any cool boutique, hip shopping spots for them to hit that are New York specific.(Greenwich/ SoHo/ others) And a bit preteen oriented. Someplace that the girls know what New York has other than the same places at malls. I know it's a reach to get that info here but I am always amazed. Otis? Seeing any young girls lately?
SoHo will definitely have some one of a kind spots, however, be warned that they are very expensive. SoHo is a small area, and would be worth a stroll if they are looking to at least take a peak at the latest and greatest fashions. The two areas I can think of are the East Village (and the Lower East Side), and Williamsburg. Both are hipster areas, with several shops and boutiques that are the only ones of their kind, and the prices are more realistic. Williamsburg is easier, because the area I'd recommend is smaller. Just get off the Metropolitan stop (the L train), and it puts you right on the main drag, Bedford, and there's some great shopping within 3 or four blocks of the train.The East Village and LES are bit larger, and the shops aren't as close together, but if they don't mind walking a bit, there are a bunch of cool little spots there, designers that have their first shop there, and so forth.

In a couple of weeks my wife is headed there with my daughter and one of her friends for her 12th birthday on a trip. And OMG it includes seeing Jonas Bros. at MSG!!!!!!! I know the JoBros!!!OMGOMGOMG. (Nick is the favorite I'm told)Needless to say - I am not going. But.....Do you(doubtful) or your significant others know of any cool boutique, hip shopping spots for them to hit that are New York specific.(Greenwich/ SoHo/ others) And a bit preteen oriented. Someplace that the girls know what New York has other than the same places at malls. I know it's a reach to get that info here but I am always amazed. Otis? Seeing any young girls lately?
SoHo will definitely have some one of a kind spots, however, be warned that they are very expensive. SoHo is a small area, and would be worth a stroll if they are looking to at least take a peak at the latest and greatest fashions. The two areas I can think of are the East Village (and the Lower East Side), and Williamsburg. Both are hipster areas, with several shops and boutiques that are the only ones of their kind, and the prices are more realistic. Williamsburg is easier, because the area I'd recommend is smaller. Just get off the Metropolitan stop (the L train), and it puts you right on the main drag, Bedford, and there's some great shopping within 3 or four blocks of the train.The East Village and LES are bit larger, and the shops aren't as close together, but if they don't mind walking a bit, there are a bunch of cool little spots there, designers that have their first shop there, and so forth.
I could be wrong, but I think you might be going a bit too hipster there, MR.12 year old girl would probably still get a kick out of 5th Ave midtown (around Rockefeller Center)... and even over to Bloomingdales.SoHo, especially along Broadway, has most of the teen-type places like H&M and then they can head into SoHo central for more window shopping. Union Square is good too- Forever 21, American Eagle, etc and you can walk over to lower 5th Ave for more range of shopping.I just went through this with my 14 yo neice...edit... :boxing: unintentially made a suggestive double entendre... sorry.

SoHo will definitely have some one of a kind spots, however, be warned that they are very expensive. SoHo is a small area, and would be worth a stroll if they are looking to at least take a peak at the latest and greatest fashions. The two areas I can think of are the East Village (and the Lower East Side), and Williamsburg. Both are hipster areas, with several shops and boutiques that are the only ones of their kind, and the prices are more realistic. Williamsburg is easier, because the area I'd recommend is smaller. Just get off the Metropolitan stop (the L train), and it puts you right on the main drag, Bedford, and there's some great shopping within 3 or four blocks of the train.

The East Village and LES are bit larger, and the shops aren't as close together, but if they don't mind walking a bit, there are a bunch of cool little spots there, designers that have their first shop there, and so forth.
I could be wrong, but I think you might be going a bit too hipster there, MR.12 year old girl would probably still get a kick out of 5th Ave midtown (around Rockefeller Center)... and even over to Bloomingdales.

SoHo, especially along Broadway, has most of the teen-type places like H&M and then they can head into SoHo central for more window shopping. Union Square is good too- Forever 21, American Eagle, etc and you can walk over to lower 5th Ave for more range of shopping.

I just went through this with my 14 yo neice...

edit... :lmao: unintentially made a suggestive double entendre... sorry.
Yeah, I could see that, but I think he specifically asked for places they don't have in outside of NYC. Joints like H&M are everywhere, I think. That area along Brodway is definitely a good spot.Oh, and you know where else? 8th St. A million shoe stores, and flows right into St. Marks Place.

I think Bloomie's is a must, and meant to suggest it, but skipped it somehow.

I could be wrong, but I think you might be going a bit too hipster there, MR.12 year old girl would probably still get a kick out of 5th Ave midtown (around Rockefeller Center)... and even over to Bloomingdales.SoHo, especially along Broadway, has most of the teen-type places like H&M and then they can head into SoHo central for more window shopping. Union Square is good too- Forever 21, American Eagle, etc and you can walk over to lower 5th Ave for more range of shopping.I just went through this with my 14 yo neice...edit... :lmao: unintentially made a suggestive double entendre... sorry.
We have a lot of those stores here in the mall. She'd like the new designer/starting out places - something that is more local flavor. The are staying on/near 5th Ave. at the Intercontinental so I'm sure they'll go by those places you mentioned. Mom will be with her so who knows - I'm not looking forward to the bills from this one. Thanks for the ideas - if anyone else chimes in.

SoHo will definitely have some one of a kind spots, however, be warned that they are very expensive. SoHo is a small area, and would be worth a stroll if they are looking to at least take a peak at the latest and greatest fashions. The two areas I can think of are the East Village (and the Lower East Side), and Williamsburg. Both are hipster areas, with several shops and boutiques that are the only ones of their kind, and the prices are more realistic. Williamsburg is easier, because the area I'd recommend is smaller. Just get off the Metropolitan stop (the L train), and it puts you right on the main drag, Bedford, and there's some great shopping within 3 or four blocks of the train.

The East Village and LES are bit larger, and the shops aren't as close together, but if they don't mind walking a bit, there are a bunch of cool little spots there, designers that have their first shop there, and so forth.
I could be wrong, but I think you might be going a bit too hipster there, MR.12 year old girl would probably still get a kick out of 5th Ave midtown (around Rockefeller Center)... and even over to Bloomingdales.

SoHo, especially along Broadway, has most of the teen-type places like H&M and then they can head into SoHo central for more window shopping. Union Square is good too- Forever 21, American Eagle, etc and you can walk over to lower 5th Ave for more range of shopping.

edit... :kicksrock: unintentially made a suggestive double entendre... sorry.
Yeah, I could see that, but I think he specifically asked for places they don't have in outside of NYC. Joints like H&M are everywhere, I think. That area along Brodway is definitely a good spot.Oh, and you know where else? 8th St. A million shoe stores, and flows right into St. Marks Place.

I think Bloomie's is a must, and meant to suggest it, but skipped it somehow.
Well 8th St is out - or at least I won't tell my wife about that - sadly they are meeting one of my wifes friends who lives there and I'm sure the shoe place will be high on the list of shops. Just what she needs - she tweaked her knee this morning going down the stairs because of the stupid shoes she was wearing. We have around 3 closets filled with her shoes

edit... :lmao: unintentially made a suggestive double entendre... sorry.
We have a lot of those stores here in the mall. She'd like the new designer/starting out places - something that is more local flavor. The are staying on/near 5th Ave. at the Intercontinental so I'm sure they'll go by those places you mentioned. Mom will be with her so who knows - I'm not looking forward to the bills from this one. Thanks for the ideas - if anyone else chimes in.
:kicksrock: Great Manhattan Hotel.

Was in Brooklyn for the Independence Day weekend. Subletted a place in Park Slope for the duration.

Haven't read the entire thread, but there's a place called the Union House (or something like that) that was a good place to hang out. Indoor bocce = :yes:

Was in Brooklyn for the Independence Day weekend. Subletted a place in Park Slope for the duration.Haven't read the entire thread, but there's a place called the Union House (or something like that) that was a good place to hang out. Indoor bocce = :whistle:
Yeah, that is a money bar. Also like The Gate when I'm in a Park Slope kind of mindset.

I could be wrong, but I think you might be going a bit too hipster there, MR.12 year old girl would probably still get a kick out of 5th Ave midtown (around Rockefeller Center)... and even over to Bloomingdales.SoHo, especially along Broadway, has most of the teen-type places like H&M and then they can head into SoHo central for more window shopping. Union Square is good too- Forever 21, American Eagle, etc and you can walk over to lower 5th Ave for more range of shopping.I just went through this with my 14 yo neice...edit... :thumbup: unintentially made a suggestive double entendre... sorry.
Good to know- read it, but figured the young-un's would still want something recognizable to them, just set in NYC.I'd highly recommend NoLita (north little italy) which is right to the east of Broadway and SoHo... you can do both in one stop, and lots of the types of boutiques you're talking aobut in Nolita. My hood, Lower East Side has tons of shops popping up too... more hipster style, but they might like it too.

Rumor has it Dip (the fondu place) is turning into a sportsbar too. Murray Hill is getting flooded with sports bars.This Bro. J's is supposed to be really big, their biggest yet, 2 floors, street level and then a basement for the Saloon.
Well this won't change the fact that there is still no reason ever to go to Murray Hill.

Redwes25 said:
Well this won't change the fact that there is still no reason ever to go to Murray Hill.
My parents want to get a condo there. :goodposting:

Redwes25 said:
Hey now, that's my hood and I can name at least 100 reasons just this morning that I would go to Murray Hill.

I was in Williamsburg (near Automotive HS) for the first time in about 20 years and was blown away by how the neighborhood has changed. Very young hipster type community, lots of packed cafes and bars. Look forward to checking it out some more.

Hey now, that's my hood and I can name at least 100 reasons just this morning that I would go to Murray Hill.
I don't know what he's talking about. Murray Hill is wall to wall bars packed with 20-something single women getting their drink on. Heck, the Rivergate Apartments by itself is enough reason to get me to Murray Hill.

I don't know what he's talking about. Murray Hill is wall to wall bars packed with 20-something single women getting their drink on. Heck, the Rivergate Apartments by itself is enough reason to get me to Murray Hill.
As I posted in this thread their are about 2 good bars then crappy bar after bar - Joshua Tree, et al. I enjoyed that neighborhood when I was in High School and wanted to drink underage. Now there is no reason to go there. I might move in when I am in 60s like Koya's parents and my in laws. That neighborhood stinks.

I was in Williamsburg (near Automotive HS) for the first time in about 20 years and was blown away by how the neighborhood has changed. Very young hipster type community, lots of packed cafes and bars. Look forward to checking it out some more.
I lived in Williamsburg for 4 years from '91-95 and saw it change before my own eyes.I was going for my masters at Pratt and working freelance in Manhattan, living in a roomin my great aunt's house. Basically, I was a third to a quarter the age of everyone wholived on that block and in that neighborhood. It was all old Italian and Polish retirees whohad lived in the same houses their whole lives. And me. But I started noticing when I was on the L train back to Bklyn from Manhattan that I wasn'tthe only "kid" on the train anymore. First there was one other college kid with a backpack,then another, then many others. I was wondering..."are all these early/mid-twenties kids livingwith their great aunts too?" :lmao: Turns out, these college students where coming to Williamsburgfor the cheap rents and the large apartments. That's how it all began...(great Italian bread at the bakeries there, btw!)

Watch out for the machetes :lmao:

Does anyone know when Murray Hill Brother Jimmy's (212-779-7427) opens? I went last week for the Grand Opening, and they had a guest list, red carpet and velvet rope :shrug: Not the Bro. Jimmy's I know. A buddy said he went by on Sunday and it was closed. I guess they want to build up a little PR before they really open the doors.

Just got back from a week in NYC and still find nothing appealing about it.
I've always lived near by but, the past 6 months I've stayed in NYC a ton and I'm in love with it - We're seriously thinking of moving in.....I have been staying away from anything north of 23rd street though...I'm just loving having everything in walking distance and something going on every day wether it's a band playing, a street festival, or just amazing restaurants all within 1/2 mile.I find it great with a young baby as well as we can take turns going out or at this point find a space outside and bring her....Granted it's not all so easy in the winter but, I have a whole new perspective over being a daytripper, visitor, looking for the next train, a hotel or getting my car towed.I feel like I'm in Vegas other than the gambling..... Just walk right out the door and it's all happening!!

Hope the weather clears up - one of my best friends is in from Hawaii and might hit the City tonight.

Just got back from a week in NYC and still find nothing appealing about it.
I've always lived near by but, the past 6 months I've stayed in NYC a ton and I'm in love with it - We're seriously thinking of moving in.....I have been staying away from anything north of 23rd street though...I'm just loving having everything in walking distance and something going on every day wether it's a band playing, a street festival, or just amazing restaurants all within 1/2 mile.I find it great with a young baby as well as we can take turns going out or at this point find a space outside and bring her....Granted it's not all so easy in the winter but, I have a whole new perspective over being a daytripper, visitor, looking for the next train, a hotel or getting my car towed.I feel like I'm in Vegas other than the gambling..... Just walk right out the door and it's all happening!!
Obviously it's not for everybody, especially those that value their personal space and/or the outdoors. But everything you said above is totally true- and the baby thing is suprisingly easy here, because of it. "Oh ####- we're out of milk."... walk 15' in my pajamas to the corner bodega at 4am an I'm good to go... organic even. We're a year in with our kid, and we've only just started venturing out of the neighborhood (central park, bronx zoo, etc) with him- everything we need for him (and us, really) is within a 10 minute walk.... which is really, really nice. Yeah... non-city folk can hop in their cars and probably do the same thing... it's just nice to not bother. Hell- I've never even owned a car in the 20 years I've lived here.Of course, on the down side there's the noise, smell, pollution, crowding, lack of open or private space, etc. Also the occasional crime... gang of kids just beat both doors (inner and outer) to my apt building in tonight with broom handles trying to get at some other kid who fled into the building behind one of my neighbors begging him for help. Cop was fortunately down the block at... I kid you not- Dunkin Donuts.

I'm heading to NYC this Thur thru Sunday...

How's the weather been lately? When I made plans for this trip a while back everyone's big comment was it would be hot as hell during this period. I looked at online forecasts and looks to be low to mid 80's which doesn't seem too bad.

Will it be a comfortable mid-80 degress, or a hot and humid mid-80 degrees?

offdee said:
I'm heading to NYC this Thur thru Sunday...How's the weather been lately? When I made plans for this trip a while back everyone's big comment was it would be hot as hell during this period. I looked at online forecasts and looks to be low to mid 80's which doesn't seem too bad.Will it be a comfortable mid-80 degress, or a hot and humid mid-80 degrees?
The weather has been awesome lately. Slight breeze, little humidity. Almost fall like at times. I wouldn't worry too much about the chance of rain unless you read it's going to go on all day. Mostly seems to just hit hard for an hour or so and clear up pretty quickly. Hope it stays nice for ya.

Walking to work today (I work in midtown Manhattan NYC) was entertaining. I ended up walking behind this guy I've seen before. He is caucasion, mid-40s, with a mustache, about 5.6" tall and maybe 180 pound (he has a bit of a gut). What's interesting about this guy is what he wears. He's got this thin black bra on which partially covers his hairy chest, a tutu-type frilly, black, skirt and these pinkish, purple fishnet pantyhose (without the panty) which goes to his waist.

What made the walk entertaining was when we passed one of those Homeless Organization tables (where they ask for money for the homeless). This guy who asks for money sees Mr. Fufu. I see this look of disgust on the homeless guy's face and he indignantly yells out, "Put some panties on." For some reason I found this hilarious. I guess it was just the fact that one man is telling another to put panties on rather than put men's clothes on or put on underwear.

Walking to work today (I work in midtown Manhattan NYC) was entertaining. I ended up walking behind this guy I've seen before. He is caucasion, mid-40s, with a mustache, about 5.6" tall and maybe 180 pound (he has a bit of a gut). What's interesting about this guy is what he wears. He's got this thin black bra on which partially covers his hairy chest, a tutu-type frilly, black, skirt and these pinkish, purple fishnet pantyhose (without the panty) which goes to his waist. What made the walk entertaining was when we passed one of those Homeless Organization tables (where they ask for money for the homeless). This guy who asks for money sees Mr. Fufu. I see this look of disgust on the homeless guy's face and he indignantly yells out, "Put some panties on." For some reason I found this hilarious. I guess it was just the fact that one man is telling another to put panties on rather than put men's clothes on or put on underwear.
:thumbup:

Walking to work today (I work in midtown Manhattan NYC) was entertaining. I ended up walking behind this guy I've seen before. He is caucasion, mid-40s, with a mustache, about 5.6" tall and maybe 180 pound (he has a bit of a gut). What's interesting about this guy is what he wears. He's got this thin black bra on which partially covers his hairy chest, a tutu-type frilly, black, skirt and these pinkish, purple fishnet pantyhose (without the panty) which goes to his waist. What made the walk entertaining was when we passed one of those Homeless Organization tables (where they ask for money for the homeless). This guy who asks for money sees Mr. Fufu. I see this look of disgust on the homeless guy's face and he indignantly yells out, "Put some panties on." For some reason I found this hilarious. I guess it was just the fact that one man is telling another to put panties on rather than put men's clothes on or put on underwear.
:unsure: Came out of a restaurant for brunch last weekend (Ave A) and almost got run down by a guy in euro-style sunglasses, prada shoes, tight sleeveless cycling shirt and a diaper.

Walking to work today (I work in midtown Manhattan NYC) was entertaining. I ended up walking behind this guy I've seen before. He is caucasion, mid-40s, with a mustache, about 5.6" tall and maybe 180 pound (he has a bit of a gut). What's interesting about this guy is what he wears. He's got this thin black bra on which partially covers his hairy chest, a tutu-type frilly, black, skirt and these pinkish, purple fishnet pantyhose (without the panty) which goes to his waist.

What made the walk entertaining was when we passed one of those Homeless Organization tables (where they ask for money for the homeless). This guy who asks for money sees Mr. Fufu. I see this look of disgust on the homeless guy's face and he indignantly yells out, "Put some panties on." For some reason I found this hilarious. I guess it was just the fact that one man is telling another to put panties on rather than put men's clothes on or put on underwear.
:) Came out of a restaurant for brunch last weekend (Ave A) and almost got run down by a guy in euro-style sunglasses, prada shoes, tight sleeveless cycling shirt and a diaper.
Can you unpack this a little?

I love NYC.

I have gotten hit on more (by women) in NYC than any other place in the world. Not to say New York girls are easy, but they are more up front about what they want.

Holy ####! This seems to good to be true, not too far from my job either. I have no choice but to check it out.
Yeah I haven't checked it out yet, it is probably littered with boatloads of jailbait$1 sliders

$2 shots

$3 beers
Went there last Friday with some buddies and got thoroughly ####ed up, good times. Some jailbait later in the evening, but when we first got there around 6:30ish to scope it out there seemed to be alot of employees from that big BMW dealership on 10th. The burgers are like white castle burgers, so prepare to crap your pants after a night of beer and those things.

:thumbup: Came out of a restaurant for brunch last weekend (Ave A) and almost got run down by a guy in euro-style sunglasses, prada shoes, tight sleeveless cycling shirt and a diaper.
;)I read this thread backwards and I was going to reply that it could have been FLoppo.. At least my mental image. :goodposting:Being that you posted it - probably not.

Flop.... I've been doing my personal discovery of lower NYC by taking long walks with the baby during the day and then escaping late at night and meeting up with a buddy once they fall asleep....

At night From 20th and 3rd walked south west... Stood on the corner of 14th and 9th Ave :lmao: HOLY MOSES.... Just GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS... The motherlode... Right in front of the Gansvoort Hotel.

Walked down thru the west village and back up...... Nice little walk...

Another area and funny thing about the city is that you could be standing in what seems like an "ok" area and not realize you're standing below 40 million dollar condos!!!!!

Great article on Madison Sq Park and all the development going on around there... We've been taking the baby there to go to the park / Baby Swings and little did I know it was the next prime area... We'll be back tommorow - Probaby get lunch at the Shake Shack.

Madison Sq

I've been in a few "nice" condos - but, damn I'm dying to go to some part in one of these Many Multi Million dollar spreads.... My buddy did the constructiuon work in Jeter's place. In your line of work you 've probably seen a few... Sheesh!!!!

I saw the soft parade at Red Lion last night, still hurting. Those guys are getting OLD, they have been playing since 1990.

Tonight there is a booze cruise for Booga Sugar (cover band) - I am going to skip.

Sunday there is a very cool AC/DC all-girl cover band playing in Hoboken at Maxwells (small live music joint, Joan Jett played there a long time ago)

Alias said:
I saw the soft parade at Red Lion last night, still hurting. Those guys are getting OLD, they have been playing since 1990.Tonight there is a booze cruise for Booga Sugar (cover band) - I am going to skip.Sunday there is a very cool AC/DC all-girl cover band playing in Hoboken at Maxwells (small live music joint, Joan Jett played there a long time ago)
I never liked any of the Bleecker Street bars in the center of the Village (high cheese factor) except Red Lion. Always had a decent crowd and good music.At the turn of this decade, I spent every Sunday afternoon at Red Lion watching (NFL) football. The Irish bartender was cool enough to reserve a table for me at the end of the bar with my game on it. I miss their burgers and draft beer. Good times. :goodposting:

Flop.... I've been doing my personal discovery of lower NYC by taking long walks with the baby during the day and then escaping late at night and meeting up with a buddy once they fall asleep....

At night From 20th and 3rd walked south west... Stood on the corner of 14th and 9th Ave :clap: HOLY MOSES.... Just GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS... The motherlode... Right in front of the Gansvoort Hotel.

Another area and funny thing about the city is that you could be standing in what seems like an "ok" area and not realize you're standing below 40 million dollar condos!!!!!

Great article on Madison Sq Park and all the development going on around there... We've been taking the baby there to go to the park / Baby Swings and little did I know it was the next prime area... We'll be back tommorow - Probaby get lunch at the Shake Shack.

Madison Sq

I've been in a few "nice" condos - but, damn I'm dying to go to some part in one of these Many Multi Million dollar spreads.... My buddy did the constructiuon work in Jeter's place. In your line of work you 've probably seen a few... Sheesh!!!!
Sweet Jeebus... $40mil- can't even imagine what that looks like. I'm working on a pretty expensive shmancy west village project, but not even close to that.Meat packing district... I feel old and curmudgeonly whenever I'm there- but god, yes- too many scantily clad wimmens for a guy like me to handle. Do you pull the cool-dad-with-the-stroller angle? Never seems to work for me... :pickle:

Hadn't heard that about Madison Park- can't beat the location for centrality. Gotta say I don't really ever spend any time there (other than the annual BBQ festival). I'll have to check it out.

:pickle: Came out of a restaurant for brunch last weekend (Ave A) and almost got run down by a guy in euro-style sunglasses, prada shoes, tight sleeveless cycling shirt and a diaper.
:excited:I read this thread backwards and I was going to reply that it could have been FLoppo.. At least my mental image. :goodposting:Being that you posted it - probably not.
:clap: .... I mean ... :lol:

At night From 20th and 3rd walked south west... Stood on the corner of 14th and 9th Ave :pics: HOLY MOSES.... Just GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS... The motherlode... Right in front of the Gansvoort Hotel.

Madison Sq

Sweet Jeebus... $40mil- can't even imagine what that looks like. I'm working on a pretty expensive shmancy west village project, but not even close to that.Meat packing district... I feel old and curmudgeonly whenever I'm there- but god, yes- too many scantily clad wimmens for a guy like me to handle. Do you pull the cool-dad-with-the-stroller angle? Never seems to work for me... ;)

Hadn't heard that about Madison Park- can't beat the location for centrality. Gotta say I don't really ever spend any time there (other than the annual BBQ festival). I'll have to check it out.
Man, the cool-dad-with-the-stroller angle is GREAT!!!!

I can talk to anyone walking around with her.....

I was walking next to Rick Ocasik and "Paulina" the other night without my baby and I was pissed and had nothing to say.... If I had baby I could have said "hey, baby look, there's Rick Ocasik" and I could have sung a Cars song and they would have eaten it up.....

Sans baby you're just another freak trying to talk to hotties and celebrities.

Users who are viewing this thread