What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***New York*** (1 Viewer)

it definitely sounds like they upped the price of admission, I think it was only like $35 last year - they probably do that to keep out a lot of douches. Also keep in mind they have it pretty early (5-10), most douches like to go out by the time this thing ends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm, is this good to take the baby to Flop?

:IBTL: :IBTL:
No - the fewer strollers the better.
Given that answer- then hells-#######-yeah. Meet you there, gb. I'm going to bring both of the bub's strollers, just in case... you know... I have a need to change things up.
Well if you have ever been to a beer fest you should know there are plenty of drunks at these things, do so at your own risk.

I kinda wanna go to this. Is it worth the $50 price of admission? Or will I just end up spending $100 that night just to hang around a buncha douches?
Has anyone gone to the past events?I am interested in attending this year. Not sure if that will raise or lower the ##### percentage.
Ive been to beer on the pier a few times. this seems very similar. its a good time. you leave pretty hammered and usually make your way to the bars after. good times. btw, im in JC too! :confused:

I went to Po a little while ago and was very pleased with it. Good food and good prices. Plus, it's in the village so there are tons of bars within walking distance to go to afterwords. I was actually surprised at how affordable the prices are considering the quality of the food and in comparison to other comparable restaurants. It's a good date place and a good place to just go with your friends. The main thing that I didn't like is that it's a very small restaurant and it can feel cramped since you are packed in there.

UES - Mexican, Cilantro

Ate there last night. Good salsa, homemade chips (mixed in with store bought it looked like). $4 Margaritas on Sundays, good food. I had the Adobe steak tacos, comes with a nice green salsa (mayo based I think) w/ rice and beans. They let me substitute a corn salsa for the beans.

I rate it:

:rolleyes: :lmao: :lmao: :thumbup:

Any thoughts from the New York guys on NYU? I have been to NYC probably 10 times before and have a great time every time I go. I have been looking at NYU quite a bit and I think I would love to go to school there. I am looking to get into the business school, as far as I can tell they accept transfers but are pretty selective. Any thoughts on the area that the school is in, job prospects after graduation, the overall reputation, etc. ? TIA

Any thoughts from the New York guys on NYU? I have been to NYC probably 10 times before and have a great time every time I go. I have been looking at NYU quite a bit and I think I would love to go to school there. I am looking to get into the business school, as far as I can tell they accept transfers but are pretty selective. Any thoughts on the area that the school is in, job prospects after graduation, the overall reputation, etc. ? TIA
Yeah it is one of the top business schools, I wouldn't expect them to accept much in way of transfers, maybe a class or two. Job prospects? This is nyc, duh. The city is expensive so keep that in mind.

Alias said:
The Real Hipster Doofus said:
Yeah it is one of the top business schools, I wouldn't expect them to accept much in way of transfers, maybe a class or two. Job prospects? This is nyc, duh. The city is expensive so keep that in mind.
That must be some "experience" going to school in NYC... I pass by some of the dorms at night and I see these kids all dressed up ready to hit the clubs and think back to my days in college often with some ramon noodles, Genesse pounders and Techmo Bowl.

Alias said:
By job prospects I meant more so the caliber of job you are getting, I just assumed you would be able to find a job after graduating. I have seen the numbers on transfers and they are low, but I am hoping a community college 4.0 with relatively tough classes would at least put me in the running. I know it is expensive but aren't salaries much higher as well?

Alias said:
By job prospects I meant more so the caliber of job you are getting, I just assumed you would be able to find a job after graduating. I have seen the numbers on transfers and they are low, but I am hoping a community college 4.0 with relatively tough classes would at least put me in the running. I know it is expensive but aren't salaries much higher as well?
Salaries higher here in NYC, yes. Much higher, no.

Alias said:
For most jobs, cost of living is "more higher" than the increased salary.That said, if you take into account no need for a car, gas, insurance, that evens out considerably. If you are in NY and also have a car, cost of living goes through the roof (parking is a ##### to pay for in and of itself)

Alias said:
2 courses. That is about all they will credit you for. I know a girl that is a few courses from getting her MBA from a school in CT and she has a 3.8. She already looked into a transfer and the most they would credit her was 2 courses. So while you may get a transfer you will likely be taking 95% of their courses which I think is due mostly to $$$ (they want to get paid).

Alias said:
That must be some "experience" going to school in NYC... I pass by some of the dorms at night and I see these kids all dressed up ready to hit the clubs and think back to my days in college often with some ramon noodles, Genesse pounders and Techmo Bowl.
I went to college and gradschool here in NYC. I knew kids that hardly left campus, and kids that were only on campus for classes. I did a lot of both... great experience having the options. Major downside was the lack of enthusiasm for sports (and I was just as guilty as everybody else, except for my own sport- soccer).

I am looking to take my GF to a nice restaurant this weekend but I want to try something new. Does anyone have any recommendations? Expense doesn't matter. Quality is the most important factor. I suppose the village would be the ideal location, but I am open as far as that is concerned as well.

I am looking to take my GF to a nice restaurant this weekend but I want to try something new. Does anyone have any recommendations? Expense doesn't matter. Quality is the most important factor. I suppose the village would be the ideal location, but I am open as far as that is concerned as well.
What kind of food? Which part of the Village did you have in mind (West, Central or East)?

What kind of food? Which part of the Village did you have in mind (West, Central or East)?
I guess I prefer the West Village and Italian food, but I have been to many places around there so I am open to all ideas. There is a Brazilian place on Bedford St. (I think). Do you know that place? I would like an off the beaten path type of place if possible, so something not on Bleeker.

How is Del Friscos? Does it rank up there with the other top steakhouses?
IMO Del Frisco's is one of, if not the best, steakhouse in the city. But it's a real "powerbroker" kind of place. I've been there twice -- the crab cocktail is amazing. Only Sparks is comparable.
Went here a couple of weeks ago and I had one of the best tasting porterhouse steaks I've ever had. Wife got the filet mignon special they were running and she also loved it. Not cheap and the sides are a la carte, family style. Worth every penny. :)

IMO Del Frisco's is one of, if not the best, steakhouse in the city. But it's a real "powerbroker" kind of place. I've been there twice -- the crab cocktail is amazing. Only Sparks is comparable.
Went here a couple of weeks ago and I had one of the best tasting porterhouse steaks I've ever had. Wife got the filet mignon special they were running and she also loved it. Not cheap and the sides are a la carte, family style. Worth every penny. :(
I will have to give it a try sometime - although the previous poster mentioned Sparks, which is easilyy my choice for most overated steak place in the City. it's good, but it doesnt touch lugars, and I much prefer the Palm even... just cause some guy got offed there 30 years ago doesnt make the food better. :shrug:

Went here a couple of weeks ago and I had one of the best tasting porterhouse steaks I've ever had. Wife got the filet mignon special they were running and she also loved it. Not cheap and the sides are a la carte, family style. Worth every penny. :(
I will have to give it a try sometime - although the previous poster mentioned Sparks, which is easilyy my choice for most overated steak place in the City. it's good, but it doesnt touch lugars, and I much prefer the Palm even... just cause some guy got offed there 30 years ago doesnt make the food better. :shrug:
Sparks was good but wouldn't go back. Loyal Wollensky Grill and Palm (West) fan.Uncle Jacks is also top notch.Still have to try Del Frisco's

Has anyone been to any of these places:Tanti Baci

Villa Mosconi

Nero

Lupa

Has anyone been to any of these places:Tanti Baci

Villa Mosconi

Nero

Lupa
Never eaten at any of them, but I recognize a couple- they strike me on the whole as kinda touristy spots (although Lupa might be the winner there) more than "good" meal spots. I'm in the EVil, so WVil is less familiar to me. If you're really talking about a nice meal- Il Buco on Bond St is about as good (and romantic) Italian as you're going to get anywhere in the city. I highly doubt youll be able to get a table at this point though... but you never know. I'm also a big, big fan of Da Umberto on w16th or 17th St off of 6th Ave for a top-notch Italian meal. Both are pricey.

For less pricey, I can recommend a bunch of spots in the EVil- Supper, Frank, Il Baggato, Frankie (on Clinton).

Heading into the city tonight for a concert at Webster Hall. Any restaurant reccommendations? Looking for casual, light fare in the same basic area as Webster Hall. TIA

baymen said:
Heading into the city tonight for a concert at Webster Hall. Any restaurant reccommendations? Looking for casual, light fare in the same basic area as Webster Hall. TIA
Are you going to the Yelle show? WTF is THAT?Last show I went to at WH I popped in a Sushi place on 3rd ave between 10th and 11th right around the corner and it was Damn Good!!!!

And I've never been there but, right across the street on 3rd is 'The Smith' which I heard good things about - Open air, light / casual.... I bet Floppo knows this place.

The Smith

Are you going to the Yelle show? WTF is THAT?Last show I went to at WH I popped in a Sushi place on 3rd ave between 10th and 11th right around the corner and it was Damn Good!!!!

And I've never been there but, right across the street on 3rd is 'The Smith' which I heard good things about - Open air, light / casual.... I bet Floppo knows this place.

The Smith
Damn... sorry I missed this- hope you found a good spot, baymen. I've got loads of places for the next time- just let me know what kind of food you want and how much you want to spend.The Smith- nice menu and lots o' 20-somethings drinking and whatnot, food kinda meh. Made me feel old and cold on the inside with all the youth and their jibba-jabba.

And how frigging nice has it been here in the city this week?

Went here a couple of weeks ago and I had one of the best tasting porterhouse steaks I've ever had. Wife got the filet mignon special they were running and she also loved it. Not cheap and the sides are a la carte, family style. Worth every penny. :shrug:
I will have to give it a try sometime - although the previous poster mentioned Sparks, which is easilyy my choice for most overated steak place in the City. it's good, but it doesnt touch lugars, and I much prefer the Palm even... just cause some guy got offed there 30 years ago doesnt make the food better. :no:
Sparks was good but wouldn't go back. Loyal Wollensky Grill and Palm (West) fan.Uncle Jacks is also top notch.Still have to try Del Frisco's
Anyone try Peter Luger's? How does it compare?

Went here a couple of weeks ago and I had one of the best tasting porterhouse steaks I've ever had. Wife got the filet mignon special they were running and she also loved it. Not cheap and the sides are a la carte, family style. Worth every penny. :shrug:
I will have to give it a try sometime - although the previous poster mentioned Sparks, which is easilyy my choice for most overated steak place in the City. it's good, but it doesnt touch lugars, and I much prefer the Palm even... just cause some guy got offed there 30 years ago doesnt make the food better. :rolleyes:
Peter Lugar is, without question in my mind, the best steak I have ever had, anywhere, ever. Ever. Ever.I love Palm as far as the chains, Sparks was good but overated imo, but you can't go wrong with a Porterhouse split amongst friends (only make it for 2, 3 or 4 at Lugar) with their German Potatoes on the side. Freakin' awesome and without compare in my experience.

El Floppo said:

The Smith
Damn... sorry I missed this- hope you found a good spot, baymen. I've got loads of places for the next time- just let me know what kind of food you want and how much you want to spend.The Smith- nice menu and lots o' 20-somethings drinking and whatnot, food kinda meh. Made me feel old and cold on the inside with all the youth and their jibba-jabba.

And how frigging nice has it been here in the city this week?
Funny, I ended up eating at The Smith and your description is spot on. Thanks for the reply. Reaper, thanks for your reply as well. FWIW, the concert was the band Cold War Kids. Pretty good show.

mistersmith said:
Went here a couple of weeks ago and I had one of the best tasting porterhouse steaks I've ever had. Wife got the filet mignon special they were running and she also loved it. Not cheap and the sides are a la carte, family style. Worth every penny. :hifive:
I will have to give it a try sometime - although the previous poster mentioned Sparks, which is easilyy my choice for most overated steak place in the City. it's good, but it doesnt touch lugars, and I much prefer the Palm even... just cause some guy got offed there 30 years ago doesnt make the food better. :confused:
Luger's rocks, I go there a few times a year with friends. Really cool atmosphere, the waiters are a riot and apparently make boatloads. I never had a bad time at PL's. Just make sure you make reservations WELL in advance and bring cash, they don't take credit unless you have a PL "membership" card.

Was a work function but they served us semi-family style, as in you got to try quite a bit of the menu. Would say with drinks came out to around 300-400 a person.

Edamame dumplings, steak, and the duck were def the highlights

cowboysin07 said:
Went to Budakkan last night. Might of been the best meal I have ever had.
damn fine eating. :goodposting:uh- it's been a while, but I remember in the low 100s for two including fu-fu cocktails.

The Smith
Yelle was :excited:

Went here a couple of weeks ago and I had one of the best tasting porterhouse steaks I've ever had. Wife got the filet mignon special they were running and she also loved it. Not cheap and the sides are a la carte, family style. Worth every penny. :goodposting:
Luger's rocks, I go there a few times a year with friends. Really cool atmosphere, the waiters are a riot and apparently make boatloads. I never had a bad time at PL's. Just make sure you make reservations WELL in advance and bring cash, they don't take credit unless you have a PL "membership" card.
Lugers is definitely something worth checking out. the bacon is a must get. Ive had better steaks. But they are still very good. oh and the creamed spinach is bomb!!

Users who are viewing this thread