What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***New York*** (2 Viewers)

Just to show you that it isn’t just DeBlasio, my wife’s bulge bracket firm is forcing 50% of their employees to work on site on Monday even those that aren’t mission critical in their BCP. Just asinine, but the acting CEO (his last name is a bean for those that can Google) wants to make money.  Apparently they had 10% of the workforce show up on Friday and that wasn’t “acceptable”.
Heard most of the street is doing this. Seems stupid. 

Yep. Given density or population and amount of travellers/population movement, I agree.
Also, lack of testing and tracing is big issue. We need to test everyone that has symptons and they show positive test everyone they have been in contact with. All positive tests get isolated. 

I am not sure Big shutdowns will work. However, not knowing where the virus is I am not sure what else we can do. 

Also, lack of testing and tracing is big issue. We need to test everyone that has symptons and they show positive test everyone they have been in contact with. All positive tests get isolated. 

I am not sure Big shutdowns will work. However, not knowing where the virus is I am not sure what else we can do. 
I think a big shut down is the only think that can slow it down.  My concern is whether the hospitals can handle so many sick people.  Big shutdowns have helped in other countries.  I really hope they do so in NYC.  In NJ you already have hospitals turning people away. 

I think a big shut down is the only think that can slow it down.  My concern is whether the hospitals can handle so many sick people.  Big shutdowns have helped in other countries.  I really hope they do so in NYC.  In NJ you already have hospitals turning people away. 
Testing and tracing and more testing is more effective but we don’t have capacity to do that right yet. So until then shutting down is what we need to do. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Testing and tracing and more testing is more effective but we don’t have capacity to do that right yet. So after shutting down is what we need to do. 
oh i agree.  Until we can do that testing, we need to slow it down though to give our hospitals a fighting chance. 

Hoboken just put in a 10pm curfew and shut down all service at restaurants and bars (restaurants can still deliver and do takeout). 

Keep us posted on your son.  
Thank you for asking. 

He decided to go ahead and quit the Barista job and dive into Code Academy full time. He came home to Knoxville yesterday. 

He loves NYC and wants to live there. But for now, he's here and I feel better about that. 

For you folks with children who are young adults, it's a weird balance of how much to "parent". Thanks for the feedback and help here. It's appreciated. 

Thank you for asking. 

He decided to go ahead and quit the Barista job and dive into Code Academy full time. He came home to Knoxville yesterday. 

He loves NYC and wants to live there. But for now, he's here and I feel better about that. 

For you folks with children who are young adults, it's a weird balance of how much to "parent". Thanks for the feedback and help here. It's appreciated. 
FWIW, when he’s trained up there are (were?) an absurd number of tech startups here looking for anyone that can code a little bit (he probably already knows this).  I’d also advise learning Android.

I work for a 4-year old Fintech firm on the fin side of fintech. 

FWIW, when he’s trained up there are (were?) an absurd number of tech startups here looking for anyone that can code a little bit (he probably already knows this).  I’d also advise learning Android.

I work for a 4-year old Fintech firm on the fin side of fintech. 
Thanks so much. That's his thinking and I agree. Seems like the right career area for sure. He's excited about it and I'm excited for him. 

Does anyone know of a way to call the Mayor's office?  Sort of like how you call a congressman's office.  Only links I get are 311 but I think it is a huge disaster to keep schools open on Monday and I want to call and tell them that.  They are supposed to represent us and I want him to know my thoughts on the topic.  

Does anyone know of a way to call the Mayor's office?  Sort of like how you call a congressman's office.  Only links I get are 311 but I think it is a huge disaster to keep schools open on Monday and I want to call and tell them that.  They are supposed to represent us and I want him to know my thoughts on the topic.  
Our district councilman posted on facebook that all parents should keep their children home. 

The head of the nurses union came out and said they advised closing the schools when the clown said this morning that they asked him to keep the schools open so he's clearly a liar. 

Crazy

Our district councilman posted on facebook that all parents should keep their children home. 

The head of the nurses union came out and said they advised closing the schools when the clown said this morning that they asked him to keep the schools open so he's clearly a liar. 

Crazy
My kids are not going in and didn't go in Friday either but not sure everyone is so focussed on this as people here.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Uft email says to call 311.

Here's a link from our pta.. 

We encourage you to visit:

https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-life/health-and-wellness/coronavirus-update

My kids are not going in and didn't go in Friday either but not sure everyone is so focussed on this as people here.  
Apparently you have to call the school and tell them your child's out due to covid19 and their absence will be marked with a special code and won't count against them. I didn't on Friday. I will tomorrow. 

Apparently you have to call the school and tell them your child's out due to covid19 and their absence will be marked with a special code and won't count against them. I didn't on Friday. I will tomorrow. 
yup, you can get excused absence if keeping home for covid19.

I have to go to the Hamptons tomorrow. Wife read an article saying city folk are bugging out there, with runs on all the stores and banks. Looking forward to seeing some Richie rich Lord of the flys action out there.

A month.

Wow.

What are fully employed households supposed to do? Not saying this is the wrong move...but this is going to be a massive, massive hit to the economy just from this move for people who have to stay home to take care of these kids... at a personal and corporate/commercial level. 

I have to go to the Hamptons tomorrow. Wife read an article saying city folk are bugging out there, with runs on all the stores and banks. Looking forward to seeing some Richie rich Lord of the flys action out there.
That’s probably a good place to be.  I’m trying to convince my uncle to go stay out there at his place and ride it out. 

although i guess that depends if the hospitals may be understaffed this time of year right now.

A month.

Wow.

What are fully employed households supposed to do? Not saying this is the wrong move...but this is going to be a massive, massive hit to the economy just from this move for people who have to stay home to take care of these kids... at a personal and corporate/commercial level. 
Yea man it’s going to be rough for many people.  I hope we have things in place so people don’t starve.  I am seeing companies saying they won’t shut off lights or cable or water, etc.  Italy halted mortgage payments.  It’s going to take a lot and our economy will suffer for a very long time.  😔

I've heard this from two contacts who are out there.  The supply chain is not as strong out there and that's where everyone went.  

What are your plans with your kids for the next month? Do you keep them indoors for a month? Obviously not bringing them to movies or malls, that's just selfish but do you bring them anywhere?

My son had a hitting lesson yesterday and im not sure I should cancel or or not. The instructor said if I cancel the are tons of kids looking to book sessions with no youth sports going on now. So I don't know what to do. It's a half hour one on one session. 

What are your plans with your kids for the next month? Do you keep them indoors for a month? Obviously not bringing them to movies or malls, that's just selfish but do you bring them anywhere?

My son had a hitting lesson yesterday and im not sure I should cancel or or not. The instructor said if I cancel the are tons of kids looking to book sessions with no youth sports going on now. So I don't know what to do. It's a half hour one on one session. 
Hitting lesson sounds fine, imo. Just be safe in terms of physical contact and getting to and from (gloves, hand washing, etc)

I have no idea.  I’m WFH tomorrow with an 8 year old as JPM is making my wife go to work.  It’s going to be interesting.

My son’s in a dead period for hockey, so we go shoot hoops if there’s no one else there.  My wife asked about play dates and I scoffed (which got a dirty look).

Fairway was pretty stocked now besides for flour, bread, some staples (though you could rummage).  Granted I don’t think it matters, but I wouldn’t go out to the Hamptons with the lack of doctors.  I’m guessing it won’t matter, but who knows.

Hitting lesson sounds fine, imo. Just be safe in terms of physical contact and getting to and from (gloves, hand washing, etc)
My head is all spinning. I meant to say tomorrow and it's actually a pitching lesson so no gloves. Im gonna bring him and just bring sanitizer making sure he doesn't touch his face. He wears a silver chain that he's constantly putting in his mouth that i won't let him wear and no water bottle. He can drink when he gets home. 

we have been going to parks.  No playgrounds but wide open space. However they have now closed the parks.  So i guess its just walks around town and in the backyard.  Cant stay inside for a month.  we wont do playdates though or anything like that.

:blackdot:

Left Friday night, landed 5 minutes from Disney Saturday night.

Walmart here was basically fully stocked. I cleared the shelves of the important stuff like booze, floats, sandcastle toys. 

Being stuck in my apartment for weeks if not months on end was pretty overwhelming, it’s just too small.

Today in 3k square feet with a pool and nice weather, makes me wonder why we put ourselves through NYC.

Even for a small pay-cut, I think I’d consider leaving.

I’m out for at least 6 weeks, hope to be back by then, but that feels mighty iffy right now.

GLTA!

total NYC confirmed coronavirus cases: (deaths) 

• 3/5 - 2 
  • 3/6 - 5
  • 3/7 - 11
  • 3/8 - 12
  • 3/9 - 19
  • 3/10 - 36
  • 3/11 - 52
  • 3/12 - 95
  • 3/13 - 154
  • 3/14 - 269 - (1)
  • 3/15 - 329 - (5) as of 3pm update. 

Users who are viewing this thread