What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***New York*** (5 Viewers)

I have been to New York probably fifty times or so for work over the past 10 years. I almost always enjoy the trips, but I also almost never get a chance to do anything cool at all, beyond meeting a friend for dinner and/or drinks. I have never been in Central Park, for instance. About the only cool thing I have ever done is go to the observation deck at the top of the WTC (after I interviewed basically next door, guess that worked out okay).

Finally, I am coming out for a weekend in about a month for a buddy's wedding. I am bringing my wife (but no kids) and she has never been there before. Her brother and sister in law live in Chelsea (they are of the hipster set), so I am sure they will have lots of stuff planned for us to do.

Any suggestions of things that we absolutely must do?
LinkI've put a lot of the suggestions from this thread and other NYC threads into the site and also found links to the different sites. I'm heading myself there next Friday and will be going to a lot of the places mentioned there.
Cool. Thanks.It's actually pretty odd that I have been to NYC enough to feel really comfortable there and familiar with it, but I still don't really know where anything is and haven't done much fun stuff. And I have never been to any of the outer burroughs, other than passing through (Queens? Brooklyn?) on the way to LGA.

Enjoy the last years of New York, because its going to get annihilated by terrorist attacks. Everyone willing to live and work in that city I consider to be very brave, because they are basically surrendering their lives in the hopes of living as a free people. But they are going to die.
Wow. :confused:

Enjoy the last years of New York, because its going to get annihilated by terrorist attacks. Everyone willing to live and work in that city I consider to be very brave, because they are basically surrendering their lives in the hopes of living as a free people. But they are going to die.
:unsure:

Coming up Friday, some quick final questions:

1. Top Of The Rock or the Eiffel Tower?

2. Go to the top during the day or the night?

3. We'll arrive in NYC at 11AM at St Pats Cathedral...can I get to Yankee Stadium by 11:40AM for a tour?

4. Anything about the Central Park Zoo?

5. Anything about Coney Island? Best time to go, is it worth the trip, etc.?

6. NBC Tour? Any good?

7. I'm hungry for some lasanga/gnoccis...Carmines? Vivolo? II Cortile? Any of these places possible to get into Friday night?

Coming up Friday, some quick final questions:1. Top Of The Rock or the Eiffel Tower?2. Go to the top during the day or the night?5. Anything about Coney Island? Best time to go, is it worth the trip, etc.?6. NBC Tour? Any good?
Go to the top of the Rock...go at night, its really a great view of the city that cant be beat for my $$.Stay away from Coney Island....I cant think of anything good there aside from maybe going to the minor league baseball stadium. NBC Tour is pretty solid.... better than a trip to Coney Island.

Coming up Friday, some quick final questions:1. Top Of The Rock or the Eiffel Tower?2. Go to the top during the day or the night?5. Anything about Coney Island? Best time to go, is it worth the trip, etc.?6. NBC Tour? Any good?
Go to the top of the Rock...go at night, its really a great view of the city that cant be beat for my $$.Stay away from Coney Island....I cant think of anything good there aside from maybe going to the minor league baseball stadium. NBC Tour is pretty solid.... better than a trip to Coney Island.
Thanks, pretty sure 89th on Eiffel and Top of Rock are both $15 then an extra $15 or so to go to 102nd somethin in Eiffel.

Coming up Friday, some quick final questions:4. Anything about the Central Park Zoo?7. I'm hungry for some lasanga/gnoccis...Carmines? Vivolo? II Cortile? Any of these places possible to get into Friday night?
CP Zoo... good if you've got young kids- otherwise, just a crappy, depressing zoo in the middle of Central Park. But Central Park and the Met Museum of Art are worth the trip.Carmines... horrible. Really. Stay far, far away. THe other two, I don't really know at all. Try going to little Italy and pick a spot-not great food, but you've got the touristy scene of little Italy at least- and the food will be much better than Carmines. If you want good Italian- go to the east village- try a place called "Frank", but make a reservation if you can. If you can't get in there, there are a ton more places within a 3 block radius. Hell- try just about any place in any neighborhood in NYC and it'll be better than Carmines.

For some of those still planning to go I will update this when I get back with pics/thoughts on FBG suggestions. Right now the following are places we're planning to go:

Arrive Friday 10-11am and head to Yankee Stadium for the tour. Work way down to above 110th st. places. Go down to the south end and see the sites down there then to mid-town and check out the Garden and other mid-town areas. Should be about time for dinner and then check out NBC and Rockefeller.

Saturday start off around central park. Maybe go to the museum of natural history. We'll have about 5-6 hours in central park/museum/times square area on Saturday. Will also likely go to NY Public Library this day as well.

Girlfriend is into photography so anything she may be interested in would be cool as well to take some pictures of.

Southern Tip

1. Battery Park

2. Trinity Church

3. Wall Street

5. CHINESE - Wo Hop in Chinatown, may head down here Saturday

6. Brooklynn Bridge, may walk across it

7. Greenwich Village

8. World Trade Center 7 Building

9. Ground Zero

10. PIZZA - Arturo's, lunch Friday

Mid-Town (23rd St to Central Park)

1. Madison Square Garden, not a tour but would like to see it from the outside at least

2. Empire State Building, not touring it though

3. Rockefeller Center, Top of The Rock, will go Friday night

4. Piece of Berlin Wall on 53rd and Madison

5. NY Public Library (Gutenberg Bible)

6. NBC Studio Tour

7. ITALIAN - Vivolo, probably Friday night before we go over to Top of The Rock

Central Park Area

1. The Dakota

2. Strawberry Fields

3. Central Park area in general

110th St. and above

1. Cathedreal of St. John

2. Seinfeld Diner, probably just a look by but not eating

3. Columbia University

4. Grant's Tomb

5. Yankee Stadium Tour

Last edited by a moderator:
For some of those still planning to go I will update this when I get back with pics/thoughts on FBG suggestions. Right now the following are places we're planning to go:

Arrive Friday 10-11am and head to Yankee Stadium for the tour. Work way down to above 110th st. places. Go down to the south end and see the sites down there then to mid-town and check out the Garden and other mid-town areas. Should be about time for dinner and then check out NBC and Rockefeller.

Saturday start off around central park. Maybe go to the museum of natural history. We'll have about 5-6 hours in central park/museum/times square area on Saturday. Will also likely go to NY Public Library this day as well.

Girlfriend is into photography so anything she may be interested in would be cool as well to take some pictures of.

Southern Tip

1. Battery Park

2. Trinity Church

3. Wall Street

7. Greenwich Village

9. Ground Zero

1. Madison Square Garden, not a tour but would like to see it from the outside at least

6. NBC Studio Tour

Central Park Area

1. The Dakota

2. Strawberry Fields

110th St. and above

3. Columbia University

4. Grant's Tomb

5. Yankee Stadium Tour
I went to high school for the drummer in the SNL band. He gave us a personal tour of the SNL studio, and a few other areas such as Conan O'Briens studio. Very cool. :goodposting:

Zowned-

Vivolo is a great little restaurant, but it's up somewhere in the 70's (and Lex, I think). Not mid-town.

ARNO on 38th is a nice Italian in the area. A little pricey, while Vivolo is a great value.

I never really got the fascination with Grant's Tomb :scared: ... not much to look at.

Greenwich Village is pretty far-enccompassing area including the West, Central and East Village. I'd recommend hitting Soho and the West Village and bailing on the Central and East village sections- or if you want to see Washington Square Park, stick to the more central Greenwich Village after Soho.

If the wife and kids are shoppers- hit Century 21 Dept Store right across the street from the WTC- solid discounts of everything.

Zowned-

Vivolo is a great little restaurant, but it's up somewhere in the 70's (and Lex, I think). Not mid-town.

ARNO on 38th is a nice Italian in the area. A little pricey, while Vivolo is a great value.
Thanks jamny, there is one on 222 E. 58th and one on 138 E. 74th St....figured the one was around our pickup point so would go to that one.My bad, it is a Vivolo restaurant but still italian called bar.vetro

EDIT again: Actually, from their menu they are on 58th also and they have lasagna. I'm happy.

I never really got the fascination with Grant's Tomb :rant: ... not much to look at.Greenwich Village is pretty far-enccompassing area including the West, Central and East Village. I'd recommend hitting Soho and the West Village and bailing on the Central and East village sections- or if you want to see Washington Square Park, stick to the more central Greenwich Village after Soho.If the wife and kids are shoppers- hit Century 21 Dept Store right across the street from the WTC- solid discounts of everything.
Not a big fascination for the tomb but we;re planning on going to the Seinfeld Diner on 110th and Grant's Tomb is about 14 blocks away so may as well walk up and check it out along with the Columbia U campus.The village include Chinatown/Little Italy? Last time I was there I couldn't find my way out and every street looked the same so just darted for a subway. Only reason to be in that area may be to have some authentic chinese food and to find Shrek 3 and Spiderman 3 :mellow: I think I've been to Century once before. Since we'll be around that area will check it out. Since we're not meeting the bus until 11pm I don't think I want to lug around a lot of stuff. Maybe after we're done at central park on Saturday we'll go roam and buy stuff.Thanks, don't think we'll make it to the deli though to wave at ya.

Will probably check once more but is this itinerary realsitic time wise?

12:00-1:15p - Tour Yankee Stadium

1:45-2:30p - Check out Seinfield/110th area sites (not too much here)

2:45p-3:15p - Arturo's for lunch

3:30-5:30p - Battery Park/Trinity Church/Ground Zero areas

5:50p-6:30p - NBC Studio Tour

7:00p-8:30p - Vivolo Restaurant

9:00p-10:20p - Top of The Rock

10:30-11:00p - Get to St. Pat's Cathedral to get picked up

Southern Tip

1. Battery Park

2. Trinity Church

3. Wall Street

7. Greenwich Village

9. Ground Zero

6. NBC Studio Tour

Central Park Area

1. The Dakota

2. Strawberry Fields

110th St. and above

3. Columbia University

4. Grant's Tomb

5. Yankee Stadium Tour
I went to high school for the drummer in the SNL band. He gave us a personal tour of the SNL studio, and a few other areas such as Conan O'Briens studio. Very cool. :rant:
Sounds pretty encompassing. U should def. check out one of the many museums though and since ur up near Grants Tomb id check out Riverside Church its on Riverside Drive and Claremont Avenue and between 120th Street and 122nd Street. Its worth checking out if you're checking out the Cathedral of St. John...not too far away. Martin Luther King spoke there all the time.

Will probably check once more but is this itinerary realsitic time wise?12:00-1:15p - Tour Yankee Stadium1:45-2:30p - Check out Seinfield/110th area sites (not too much here)2:45p-3:15p - Arturo's for lunch3:30-5:30p - Battery Park/Trinity Church/Ground Zero areas5:50p-6:30p - NBC Studio Tour7:00p-8:30p - Vivolo Restaurant9:00p-10:20p - Top of The Rock10:30-11:00p - Get to St. Pat's Cathedral to get picked up
Seems like there might be a couple of places that will take a little longer than you're planning for (such as getting to Battery Park in 15 minutes from uptown), but only because you might have to wait a few minutes for a subway train now and then. But for the most part, this seems pretty feasible to me. Might have to cut one or two stops a bit shorter in order to account for the travel time. Good luck, and have fun!

Will probably check once more but is this itinerary realsitic time wise?12:00-1:15p - Tour Yankee Stadium1:45-2:30p - Check out Seinfield/110th area sites (not too much here)2:45p-3:15p - Arturo's for lunch3:30-5:30p - Battery Park/Trinity Church/Ground Zero areas5:50p-6:30p - NBC Studio Tour7:00p-8:30p - Vivolo Restaurant9:00p-10:20p - Top of The Rock10:30-11:00p - Get to St. Pat's Cathedral to get picked up
Seems like there might be a couple of places that will take a little longer than you're planning for (such as getting to Battery Park in 15 minutes from uptown), but only because you might have to wait a few minutes for a subway train now and then. But for the most part, this seems pretty feasible to me. Might have to cut one or two stops a bit shorter in order to account for the travel time. Good luck, and have fun!
Thinking that too now that I look over it. Though 2 hours in Battery Park/Zero should be plenty and could cut it short/get there late. Plus we are getting to Arturo's on 38th from uptown and then from there to Battery Park and have 15 minutes between each of those.Am going to buy the tickets now for NBC Studio Tour, Top of Rock, and Yankee Stadium I think.

Thinking that too now that I look over it. Though 2 hours in Battery Park/Zero should be plenty and could cut it short/get there late. Plus we are getting to Arturo's on 38th from uptown and then from there to Battery Park and have 15 minutes between each of those.Am going to buy the tickets now for NBC Studio Tour, Top of Rock, and Yankee Stadium I think.
Yea going to take a LOT longer than 15 minutes to get downtown - conservatively I'd space out about 40 between waiting and finding where you want to go

Southern Tip

1. Battery Park

2. Trinity Church

3. Wall Street

7. Greenwich Village

9. Ground Zero

6. NBC Studio Tour

Central Park Area

1. The Dakota

2. Strawberry Fields

110th St. and above

3. Columbia University

4. Grant's Tomb

5. Yankee Stadium Tour
I went to high school for the drummer in the SNL band. He gave us a personal tour of the SNL studio, and a few other areas such as Conan O'Briens studio. Very cool. :thumbup:
Sounds pretty encompassing. U should def. check out one of the many museums though and since ur up near Grants Tomb id check out Riverside Church its on Riverside Drive and Claremont Avenue and between 120th Street and 122nd Street. Its worth checking out if you're checking out the Cathedral of St. John...not too far away. Martin Luther King spoke there all the time.
I'd still vote to bail on Grant's Tomb and Riverside Church and just stick with Toms (if you go in, get a black and white shake from Pete and have him "make it nice"), St Johns and Columbia. Those three are within a 3 block radius of each other- whereas you'd be tacking on a 10-15 minute walk getting up to Grant's tomb (when it sounds like you're on a National Lampoon's Vacation type schedule, every minute will count).And definitely hit the Met Museum of Art- you can enter for whatever you want to pay (if the $20 per adult recommended ticket is daunting). I used to pay a buck when I was a student. I had friends give a quarter.

How long for Top of the Rock? If we have to meet at St. Pat's at 11:00pm what time should we get to tour the Rock? 9:00? 9:30? An hour for it?

Rest of the group is upstairs at the Early Show at CBS. Got kinda boring so we headed downstairs here into the apple store :kicksrock:

Its a friggin hot day to be roaming around the city.
:thumbup: :hot: .... :lmao:
:own3d: Wound up going through the water shooting from the ground at Battery Park to cool off during it while we watched the NYC Tumblers. Just got back about an hour ago. Wasn't so bad finding everything. Was only off from Vivolo's by a few blocks after we took a taxi to 71st and 1st (74th and Lexington). As for the rest of the trip...(will post some pictures tomorrow or Monday):Two friends with me were hustled within 2 minutes of getting off the bus :lmao: . Neither have really been to a large city and were approached with some home-made cd's that the guys were taking donations for. Signed them for them then started asking for $5 "donations" per cd. They tried to argue that they weren't donating, wouldn't be left alone and wound up giving them $10 for two cd's they threw in the trash :lmao: . I told them I didn't have any money and left me alone :shrug:Top of The RockWent during the day as soon as we got there since there was a chance of rain at night. Wanted to see it at night but was still an amazing view during the day. Will upload some pictures either tomorrow or Monday. Took a subway up to Tom Diner, Columbia University, St. Paul? Cathedral. NY Lotto was filming in the diner so we didn't get to go in but still cool to go by it. Walked along the front lawn of the campus. Spent a little time around there before heading down to find Arturo's Pizza and Little Italy (the 2 guys that hung out with us were both italian and eager to visit there to check it out).Found Arturo's Pizza fairly easily and found out they weren't open until 4 so backtracked a block and went to Demarco's. Pizza was excellent plus got to sit out by the sidewalk so a view of the construction while we ate. Walked what seemed like a long way to Mulberry Street and ventured through Chinatown and Little Italy and a piece or so of Soho. Found some dvd's, none so far were the bad quality I've seen before. Really surprised. Also got a nice wallet and some sunglasses. Friends with me bought some watches and I think 1 "Rolex".Headed on the subway again to Wall Street and walked the whole way from a church, not sure which it was but it was right near the exchange. Walked the whole way down Wall Street area down to the water. They wanted to check out the Statue of Liberty and I was ready to sit down for a little so rode the Staten Island Ferry. Good view and it was free, can't really beat that. After we got back we watched the Tumblers for a while. It was bout 6 or so so time to head up to Vivolo for dinner.Took the subway up to 59th street to transfer trains to go up to 77th but there was a delay on the 6 train that we were transferring to and since it was getting close to 7 by this point we took a taxi up to 71st and 1st. Couldn't find Vivolo's, asked a couple on the street and we dialed 411, got the exact address and headed up about 5 blocks. Made it about 15 minutes early or so for our reservation.Dinner @ Vivolo's. First, we were completly underdressed. Hotel is in NJ and we came prepared to walk around the city. The setup they had for 12 of us upstairs was nice. Was told when I made the reservation they would have lasagna just night before. Got there and didn't have it so went with the stuffed shells which were very good. The food was good but the service was horrible. The two waiters said hardly a word at all and 5 of us sat there with empty glasses for almost 10 minutes. The four of us arrived 15-20 minutes before the rest of the group. We sat there and were not offered or even asked if we'd like anything to drink while we waited. Also took about 40-45 minutes for our food. I'm not sure if this is normal at a restaurant in NYC but it just seemed like a really long time to me. We should have just stuck with the Olive Garden in Times Square.Took a taxi right outside the door to Times Square to hang out there until 11 when the bus picked us up. Spent a little over an hour there at the shops to buy some stuff since we could pack it and not have to carry it around the city for a long time. Girlfriend convinced me into one of those artists in Times Square that draw your portrait. Took 10 minutes for both of us together and was just amazing work and the fact that they are all over the place with that ability was just amazing to me.SATURDAYOur bus driver took some of us into the city at 7 instead of 10 to be on the CBS Early Show which was very cool. Bus driver was the best I've had on a trip before.Stayed around the early show for a bit and may or may not have been on. Just wasn't that exciting so we checked out the Apple Store and the opening of FAO Schartwz. The opening was pretty cool. The toy soilders roll out the red carpet and announce the opening with a trumpet. Once you walk in about 20-30 employees line both sides and the building is roaring with applause and welcomes. Was a pretty cool experience. Never have seen anything like it.Went to Central Park after FAO and pretty much just walked wherever we felt. We wound by some 3-K walk with a ton of people there. Just took different routes the whole way through and not really sure what we saw but it was worth the trip in and is pretty much a whole day in itself. Will have to plan that for next time we come up to NYC. The other 3 with me were all complaning of the walking by the time we got out :wall: and were about to walk another 24 blocks to NBC Studio. Got to the studio about 1/2 hour early and they fell asleep on the bench inside while we waited :lmao: .The NBC Studio was interesting. Got to check out the SNL set and Conan set. While in the tour we saw the breaking news about the JFK terrorist plot which was kinda scary considering we couldn't hear what was going on and didn't know exactly what was happening. It was neat and all to see the inside of NBC Studio but don't think it was worth the time/money. Would have rather have spent the time in Central Park.Had some more pizza, at Pronto's across the street from NBC Studio. Was also good, not as good as Demarco's but I am not a huge fan of that type of pizza. I think I have a place that still makes brick oven pizza in my city and may have to start going there for some pizza. :yes: Rest of the trip just walked from there down to Times Square and went into more of the buildings while we waited for the bus.Aside from the service and time at dinner everything was great. Wish I could have tried Arturo's but still had great pizza regardless. Would have liked to see Yankee Stadium before it's going down and getting to the Ground Zero area but there's only so much time. Can't wait to come back again :lmao:

Anyone know of a nice quiet little beach area to go to?

I know about Brighton/Coney/Manhattan and Rockaway

Maybe something a little lesser known. Doesn't have to be actual beach, but just waterside park/beach and I don't need to go in the water. Maybe something with some pubs/restaurants nearby.

Probably would hit Long Beach/Atlantic Beach if no other suggestions.

Maybe something a little lesser known. Doesn't have to be actual beach, but just waterside park/beach and I don't need to go in the water. Maybe something with some pubs/restaurants nearby.

"Quiet" is going to be tough.The places the wife and I have been going over the years (and we don't have a car, so our choices are limited to what's available by train) are: Long Beach (Long Island), and Ocean Grove (NJ). Both are easy to get to by train and have decent beaches- I prefer Ocean Grove. Ocean Grove is a strange place though- it's a dry town due to the insane amount of religious activity there (of the chrsitian variety)- so pubs won't be part of the equation. Decent restaurants though. Long Beach is more about desperation on our part.

Hey... what about... I think it's called City Island in the Bronx? More of a harbor town, but it's supposed to be a nice spot with bars/restaurnant right on or near the water.

It sounds like you had a busy day there Zowned. My first time in NYC was spent similar to that, but much less structured. I remember walking so much during my visit that between my layover on the flight home I could barely walk to the next gate. I was so sore, and still drunk from being out til 4am the morning of my 8am flight.

Nice website as well. I'll have to look at that before I plan my next trip.

"Quiet" is going to be tough.The places the wife and I have been going over the years (and we don't have a car, so our choices are limited to what's available by train) are: Long Beach (Long Island), and Ocean Grove (NJ). Both are easy to get to by train and have decent beaches- I prefer Ocean Grove. Ocean Grove is a strange place though- it's a dry town due to the insane amount of religious activity there (of the chrsitian variety)- so pubs won't be part of the equation. Decent restaurants though. Long Beach is more about desperation on our part.

Hey... what about... I think it's called City Island in the Bronx? More of a harbor town, but it's supposed to be a nice spot with bars/restaurnant right on or near the water.
There are some really nice beaches up here in and around Sea Cliff / Glen Cove, out maybe in Oyster Bay or Bayville if you are willing to take an LIRR ride (would be about an hour, maybe a tad more for some). Not sure what the deal is re: how public they are (they are public, some may charge, some may charge if you dont live in the town) but you could find some BEAUTIFUL spots, often quiet and depending on the area perhaps a couple pubs or restaurants. If you had a car this would definately be the way to go (zip car?)

It sounds like you had a busy day there Zowned. My first time in NYC was spent similar to that, but much less structured. I remember walking so much during my visit that between my layover on the flight home I could barely walk to the next gate. I was so sore, and still drunk from being out til 4am the morning of my 8am flight.

Nice website as well. I'll have to look at that before I plan my next trip.
:confused: The structure went down the tubes somewhat after we found out Yankee Stadium wasn't going to be possible.See if anyone can pinpoint where this is from: Link

View From Staten Island Ferry

Ducks in Central Park

Church on Wall Street

CBS Early Show Setup

Boats in Central Park

On The Way To Top of the Rock

Plane Approaching NYC from Staten Island Ferry

Pigeons In Times Square

NY Stock Exchange

Plane Approaching NYC

Rockefeller

Rockefeller

Sailboats in Central Park

Statue of Liberty: 1, 2

SQUIRRELS: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Times Square: 1, 2

Weird Lady/Man in Times Square

Top of the Rock: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Vendor Kicked Off The Corner

Vivolo Restaurant

What's going on, rolling blackouts in NY?

My power was out for a couple of hours today. Stories of random blackouts from friends all over the past few days.

No explanations.

What's going on, rolling blackouts in NY?My power was out for a couple of hours today. Stories of random blackouts from friends all over the past few days.No explanations.
And wait until July/Aug hit and it's 95 and humid for more than two days in a row...Con Ed is the suck...

My power was out for a couple of hours today. Stories of random blackouts from friends all over the past few days.

No explanations.
Really hot and humid with severe thunderstorms maybe?Im just sayin.

No explanations.
It wasn't that bad today. Rain, but severe thunderstorms?As TU said, the summer has barely started. Not a good sign.

No explanations.
It wasn't that bad today. Rain, but severe thunderstorms?As TU said, the summer has barely started. Not a good sign.
They had some crazy bad thunderstorms out on Long Island today, late in the afternoon. I know some people lost power last night out here, as well.My guess is even todays heat and humidity along with the past couple have taxed the ####ty infrastructure.

What do you guys think of the Zach Randolph trade? On paper it seems like good value, especially since hes only 25, but where is he going to play? Can he play with Curry? Neither one gives much effort on defense. If they play together, what happens to David Lee?

Also, is there any chance Dan Dickau can play the role of two-gaurd alongside Marbury? The Knicks are desprerate for outisde shooting and Crawford is MUCH better suited to come off the bench. Im pretty sure hes just trade fodder, but I was hoping they picked up a shooter at some point tonight. I have the feeling Isiah is cooking up another trade as we speak.

Native said:
What do you guys think of the Zach Randolph trade? On paper it seems like good value, especially since hes only 25, but where is he going to play? Can he play with Curry? Neither one gives much effort on defense. If they play together, what happens to David Lee?Also, is there any chance Dan Dickau can play the role of two-gaurd alongside Marbury? The Knicks are desprerate for outisde shooting and Crawford is MUCH better suited to come off the bench. Im pretty sure hes just trade fodder, but I was hoping they picked up a shooter at some point tonight. I have the feeling Isiah is cooking up another trade as we speak.
It's been all downhill since the Oakley for Camby trade.

I'm heading to NYC June 1st & 2nd (Fri/Sat). Anything I should do, I've been before and hung a lot around Chinatown and the lower side. Thinking Coney Island but don't anything Warriors-esque :thumbup: . Touring Yankee stadium(theyre on the road that week or I'd go to a game) and the Empire State Building on my to do list.
If the stadium tour guide's name is Tony, he doesn't have a right hand. Don't embarrass yourself like I did.Some neat FREE things you can do:-Huge panel of the Berlin Wall on 53rd St. I think between 5th and 6th, but possibly a block east.-Sam Adams' tombstone is at Trinity Church.-Gutenberg Bible at NY Public Library.-See The Dakota at 72nd and Central Park West, where John Lennon was shot.-Ride the Staten Island Ferry. Yes it's free and offers great Statue of Liberty and Downtown views.-See the Seinfeld diner at 112th St. and B'way.-Visit President Grant's tomb in Riverside Park.I'll try to think of some more.
Play the piano from the movie 'Big' at FAO Schwartz (59th St & 5th Ave.)

Users who are viewing this thread