Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
jamny

***New York***

I recall drinking the day away at the Spring Lounge at 48 Spring Street one time. Great neighborhood bar.

I met my wife at Spring Lounge on my birthday four years ago.Oh, is the crazy Asian bartender still there? On Halloween a few years ago, she dressed as a naughty nurse. She was the hottest woman I ever saw.

I recall drinking the day away at the Spring Lounge at 48 Spring Street one time. Great neighborhood bar.

One of the best. My buddy Larry still bartends there, I think. A place to get hammered.
This place is awesome. I always hit that place before I see shows at the Bowery Ballroom. Last time I went, Neil fromthe band Clutch was hanging out drinking there before the show.. :lmao:

Great watering hole...usually plenty of females.

:lmao:

I remember that place used to be a full-on clambake on the right nights.

Oh, and in for NYCCHIII

I will def come this time (if no plans :lmao: ). But Id love for it to be on a Friday

Best burgers in NYC are in the corner inside Le Parker Meridien Hotel.** Not sure if this was mentioned already in this thread.

Burger Joint is good, IMO this place is better (five guys).
Burger Joint is money. The brunch place across from it, also inside the hotel (the name escapes me right now) is the best brunch in NYC, period.

Best burgers in NYC are in the corner inside Le Parker Meridien Hotel.** Not sure if this was mentioned already in this thread.

Burger Joint is money. The brunch place across from it, also inside the hotel (the name escapes me right now) is the best brunch in NYC, period.
Corner Bistro in the West Village has the best cheeseburger I've ever had.

I think its time for another NYC Gathering.

Another? :potkettle:

I didn't know there was an original one.

There have actually been 2. Only one of which ended up in "The Affair"
If it occurs this weekend please let me know. We could make it a field trip to the Redding/Chase :trainwreck:

Corner Bistro in the West Village has the best cheeseburger I've ever had.
For a long time Corner Bistro was the de facto best burger in NY...Then, over the past 3-4 years, all the mags started picking other places, partly because NY has seen an influx of quality midrange foodie options, and partially, IMO, because it is boring to simply pick the same place year after year...That said, Corner Bistro's burgers are still my favorite...Plus, I love the divey feel to the place, and the fact I can get a Bistro Burger and a beer for $10...Another great burger is at Donovan's pub in Woodside, Queens...Awesome, awesome burgers...

I think the fact that I've never even heard of Spring Lounge, despite it's being walking distance to my place, rules me :out: of giving any bar/nightlife advice ever. :bag:

Well... not ever... if we take the way-back machine to the late 80s through mid90s, I'm your money-man. :thumbup:

I need a great place for Indian food. Wife and I are doing something different for thanksgiving and going out to eat Indian food. Any suggestions for east village or west village?

tia

I need a great place for Indian food. Wife and I are doing something different for thanksgiving and going out to eat Indian food. Any suggestions for east village or west village?

tia

Banjara, without a doubt. Corner of E 6th St (little India row... Bangladesh, actually) & 1st Ave.

:envious:

My wife HATES Indian food.. :pics: ... Only time I even get a sniff of it is either literally, while walking down that block of E 6th st (which she refuses to even walk on- she hates the food that much) or when she's out of town.

tia

Banjara, without a doubt. Corner of E 6th St (little India row... Bangladesh, actually) & 1st Ave.

My wife HATES Indian food.. :wub: ... Only time I even get a sniff of it is either literally, while walking down that block of E 6th st (which she refuses to even walk on- she hates the food that much) or when she's out of town.

done.

:wub:

I have heard very good things about Ethiopian food and wanted to try it with the girlfriend. Does anyone have any recommendations, preferably in the Village area?

Edited by RC94

I have heard very good things about Ethiopian food and wanted to try it with the girlfriend. Does anyone have any recommendations, preferably in the Village area?

I used to live around the corner from Ghenet. I never ate there myself, but I've heard it was alright.

tia

My wife HATES Indian food.. :cry: ... Only time I even get a sniff of it is either literally, while walking down that block of E 6th st (which she refuses to even walk on- she hates the food that much) or when she's out of town.

done.

:hifive:

I hope you guys didn't get stomache poisoning the way I do every time I eat there.

I used to live around the corner from Ghenet. I never ate there myself, but I've heard it was alright.
this place is great. best ethiopean in NYC. Even better then the spots up in Harlem. I highly recommend the place.

tia

My wife HATES Indian food.. :cry: ... Only time I even get a sniff of it is either literally, while walking down that block of E 6th st (which she refuses to even walk on- she hates the food that much) or when she's out of town.

done.

I hope you guys didn't get stomache poisoning the way I do every time I eat there.
Everything was great except for the service. Food was fantastic.

:lmao:

tia

done.

:thumbup:

what is "indian food"? i thought they just lived off the land like elk and lettuce...

tia

done.

:thumbup:

Glad it worked out for you guys (I was kidding about the food poisoning thing). We walked by it yesterday and I thought of you two, hoping it wasn't going to blow... sorry about the service though. Was it a factor of them being busy, or just being el suck?

We went to Thor (Rivington Hotel) for some of the best Turkey and fixin's I've ever had (sorry mom). And it was empty, so room for the stroller and for the kid to- um- vocalize. Perfect night... can't wait to hit up the leftovers... when is it going to be lunchtime, dammit!?

tia

done.

:rant:

:scared:

Glad it worked out for you guys (I was kidding about the food poisoning thing). We walked by it yesterday and I thought of you two, hoping it wasn't going to blow... sorry about the service though. Was it a factor of them being busy, or just being el suck?

We went to Thor (Rivington Hotel) for some of the best Turkey and fixin's I've ever had (sorry mom). And it was empty, so room for the stroller and for the kid to- um- vocalize. Perfect night... can't wait to hit up the leftovers... when is it going to be lunchtime, dammit!?

It wasn't that busy when we got there. They were just unorganized as three different people came by to take our order initially. Our server ended up being unfriendly, but that really doesn't bother us. By the time we were done the place had really filled up to our surprise.

We will definitely go back.

this place is great. best ethiopean in NYC. Even better then the spots up in Harlem. I highly recommend the place.
I read it gets really crowded and has dumpy decor. Do you think it's a good date place?

I read it gets really crowded and has dumpy decor. Do you think it's a good date place?
very much so. i have taken a number of dates there. Also taken family and friends there. it is always a hit!

very much so. i have taken a number of dates there. Also taken family and friends there. it is always a hit!
:goodposting: I will give it a shot. I have been to so many restaurants in NYC, I am just looking for a change of pace while still going somewhere quality. Neither of us have had Ethiopian food so it sounds good. Thanks.

a few pics from central park on thanksgiving day:

one

two

You are making me really miss NYC. CP was my backyard for 7+ years.

Five Guys Famous Burgers and Fries :hophead: :hophead: :porked: :porked:

This place rocks, one just opened up in my neighborhood. All toppings are free, their standard burger is actually 2 burgers, and single patties are called lil'burgers. All you can eat Peanuts too!

OK I went to one in Woodbridge Center in NJ and I gotta agree. Unbelievable burgers. Im not sure if it was better than Burger Joint but it was at least as good. Thanks :lmao:

When I get hungry for REALLY GREAT pizza, Google Street Level can make me feel like I not 3000 miles away from it...

Joe's Pizza

Spring Lounge is great...Have had many many great nights there...

Probably hitting that place up this Sunday...:thumbup:

Any good spots to have some beers, watch the game this Saturday night in midtown (around 33rd st)?

Any good spots to have some beers, watch the game this Saturday night in midtown (around 33rd st)?

East side or West side?>
My friends working on 11th ave we're gonna meet him there but we can go as far as msg if we want.

Stout?

Good spot...Like to watch games there...For the Rangers playoff run last year they had the volume on and the place was rocking...Good beer selection (usu. have a couple of cask conditioned as well as what else they have on tap), good food, lots of room...

Any good lounge type bars by Stout that we can goto afterwards if the mood strikes?

Any good lounge type bars by Stout that we can goto afterwards if the mood strikes?

There's not a ton in the immediate area that I can think of...

There's Local West (http://www.localcafenyc.com/about_west.htm) at 33rd and 8th, which is decent

catwalk at 35th and 5th is a fun place.
Katwalk & Local are cool bars but I wouldn't call them lounges. Local's nice in the summer with the rooftop bar.

I'll suggest the The Ginger Man 11 E. 36th St

66 beers on tap

130 different types of bottled beer from around the world

There's Local West (http://www.localcafenyc.com/about_west.htm) at 33rd and 8th, which is decent

Katwalk & Local are cool bars but I wouldn't call them lounges. Local's nice in the summer with the rooftop bar.

66 beers on tap

Yeah, definitely not lounges in the strictest sense, but around there I couldn't think of anything that would apply...

Gingerman is a good time, the Galway Hooker next door is also...

66 beers on tap

Yeah, definitely not lounges in the strictest sense, but around there I couldn't think of anything that would apply...

Some friends own a place on 10ave & 48th called Perdition- they've got a new baby, so go help keep him in diapers.

Stout?

:rolleyes: Was gonna be my suggestion. Awesome beer selection, lots of big screens, solid food, and on 33rd st. :IBTL:

Really only good for its roof bars in the summer. The inside is meh.

66 beers on tap

Katwalk and Gingerman are both decent.

For the really good "loungey" type places you have to leave midtown, but these are solid.

66 beers on tap

Some friends own a place on 10ave & 48th called Perdition- they've got a new baby, so go help keep him in diapers.
:thumbdown:

I know Perdition...

Solid bar...

Haven't been in a while, but I dig it...