What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***New York*** (7 Viewers)

Had a really good meal and great experience at il buco on Friday, down on Bond.

Food was very good rustic and lively setting - get to your know your neighbors and maybe share a dish by nights end type spot. Ended up costing a bit more than expected but I think that was this (surprisingly awesome) huge and tasty bone in steak dish.

Food was very good rustic and lively setting - get to your know your neighbors and maybe share a dish by nights end type spot. Ended up costing a bit more than expected but I think that was this (surprisingly awesome) huge and tasty bone in steak dish.
Il Buco :thumbup:

Ate last week at a new steakhouse called Costata, only a few blocks away from Il Buco. Overpriced, bad service, decent meal... Would not recommend at all!

Minetta Tavern is also a few blocks away from there... The burger is $25, but def a top 10 burger in NYC.

Wife is taking our Ds to NYC this weekend to see Once. They are staying at the Millennium in Times Sq area , basically seeing the show going over to Rockefellar center etc. Any recs for fun/safe places for them to eat?

Wife is taking our Ds to NYC this weekend to see Once. They are staying at the Millennium in Times Sq area , basically seeing the show going over to Rockefellar center etc. Any recs for fun/safe places for them to eat?
http://celsiusnyc.com/Prob less than 5 blocks from the hotel... Eat outside by the ice skating rink under the heat lamps. Food is okay, ambiance is great!

This is in Bryant Park.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Ds, daughters?

It really depends how much they want to spend...some really top choice restaurants in the midtown area. Lots of great options in the Time Warner Center and some of these places have amazing views. I went to some Asian restaurant there and it was quality.

They should definitely hit Serendipity3 ( http://www.serendipity3.com ) for dessert. Eataly ( http://www.eataly.com/locations-and-hours/ ) is another fun place. The beer garden upstairs is great.

It really depends how much they want to spend...some really top choice restaurants in the midtown area. Lots of great options in the Time Warner Center and some of these places have amazing views. I went to some Asian restaurant there and it was quality.

They should definitely hit Serendipity3 ( http://www.serendipity3.com ) for dessert. Eataly ( http://www.eataly.com/locations-and-hours/ ) is another fun place. The beer garden upstairs is great.
Asiate?

Delicious, but prob the 2nd most expensive meal I've ever had behind Del Posto.

Asiate?

Delicious, but prob the 2nd most expensive meal I've ever had behind Del Posto.
yeah, I didn't have to pick up the check so I really enjoyed it ;)

Asiate?Delicious, but prob the 2nd most expensive meal I've ever had behind Del Posto.
Well played

Asiate?Delicious, but prob the 2nd most expensive meal I've ever had behind Del Posto.
Well played
Highly recommend Per Se if you want to faint when the bill is delivered.

One of my favorite spots... took my wife there on our first date.

I'm taking my Mom to Manhattan for her Christmas present. We tried for tickets to Kelly & Michael but it doesn't look like we made it. She's a gamer, but I can't just keep her drunk in bars the whole time. We are seeing the Rockettes. What's other good Mom stuff to do?

Other than pizza, of course. We'll be trying that stuff a lot. I hear it's the best.
Patsy's on university near Union Square for pizza... If your unsatisfied I question your taste buds.

Take her to eat by the ice skating rink in Rockerfeller Center overlooking the tree. Half price broadway shows. Get out to Brooklyn Heights & walk along all of the newly built piers (1-6) - you can walk from dumbo to pier 6, probably a mile, mile and a half. Pretty amazing what the city has done with this area. Bryant Park ice skating rink, that area is perfect too & not quite the tourist trap as Rockerfeller Center.
We're hitting Rockefeller & the tree for sure.
Pick up soccer game in the East River Park in floppo-land.

Well played
Still paying off Per Se from 6 years ago.

I'm taking my Mom to Manhattan for her Christmas present. We tried for tickets to Kelly & Michael but it doesn't look like we made it. She's a gamer, but I can't just keep her drunk in bars the whole time. We are seeing the Rockettes. What's other good Mom stuff to do?

Other than pizza, of course. We'll be trying that stuff a lot. I hear it's the best.
Patsy's on university near Union Square for pizza... If your unsatisfied I question your taste buds.

Take her to eat by the ice skating rink in Rockerfeller Center overlooking the tree. Half price broadway shows. Get out to Brooklyn Heights & walk along all of the newly built piers (1-6) - you can walk from dumbo to pier 6, probably a mile, mile and a half. Pretty amazing what the city has done with this area. Bryant Park ice skating rink, that area is perfect too & not quite the tourist trap as Rockerfeller Center.
If I wasn't with my Mom, I'd so be there.

Is Ds, daughters?
yes she is going to NYC with our daughters
A coworker was talking about the Scandinavia House... sounds like upscale Ikea food, but might be fun.

Good gravy... I'm honestly drawing blanks. There's a couple of desert places on Bryant Park (40th St) that are upscaley and fantastic- Lady M and a new Frenchy place... Kayser? Oh... how about hitting up the Oyster Bar at Grand Central? guh. If it's not in my three block radius or delivering, my knowledge of restaurants has dwindled to nada.

Christo said:
El Floppo said:
Christo said:
fantasycurse42 said:
Christo said:

Your mom would love it.

How mobile is she? How many days will you be here? What kind of stuff- culture, food, etc- does she like? Has she been here before?

Christo said:
El Floppo said:
Christo said:
fantasycurse42 said:
Christo said:

Your mom would love it.

How mobile is she? How many days will you be here? What kind of stuff- culture, food, etc- does she like? Has she been here before?
Her first time. We'll be there 12/11-12/15. We're in a hotel close to Times Square. The problem is she's 72 so she doesn't have much walk in her.

Major said:
NEVER!!

With wine pairing, tax, & tip a meal for 2 in the range of $1500 - $1800... There gets to be a point where a meal isn't going to get much better and the service isn't either - In my opinion, the bell curve starts well below that range.

Even if I won the Powerball, prob never eating in Per Se.

Worked an event at Per Se when it first opened. The food was incredible but I had no idea the prices were so insane. I'm glad I didn't have to pay for it.

Wondering if any New York peeps are around this address regularly? I know it is on Long Island, but I don't know anything about the Island or where this is located at on the Island.

171 Rodeo Drive,
Edgewood, NY 11717

It is a trophy place and I am looking to replace a broken trophy of my son's. They have the trophy for like $4, but they have a minimum shipping charge of like $20. Just looking for someone that can pick up the order and ship it to me. I will compensate someone for time/effort/generosity.

Just thought I would ask before paying $20 to ship a 3oz item from LI to PA.

We planned on the Muse Hotel bar before the museum but it didn't open until 3pm. Went to MOMA and hoped to eat there. Restaurant was packed but we took a seat at the lounge and just had some food and drinks there. Walked by the tree, went back to Muse bar and then walked over to Smith and Wollesky for a great meal. Skipped the park, oh well, had a fun day in the city.

Damn, they shut down the website Primospot.com. It was a great resource for finding parking in the city. Anyone know of another site similar to that?

Damn, they shut down the website Primospot.com. It was a great resource for finding parking in the city. Anyone know of another site similar to that?
nyc.bestparking.com

They have an Android app as well, and I assume one for iOS.
I tried that one but it only shows that there is metered parking, not the actual signs and times. Maybe the app shows it?

nyc.bestparking.com

They have an Android app as well, and I assume one for iOS.
bestparking is amazing!!!

When my wife was pregnant, we kept parking in the Weills Cornell lot for like $60 - Found this app and there was a parking lot directly next to it for $16.

You can usually find a parking lot for comparable to meters on here...

nyc.bestparking.comThey have an Android app as well, and I assume one for iOS.
I tried that one but it only shows that there is metered parking, not the actual signs and times. Maybe the app shows it?
I believe the app allows you to state what times you will be there and give the response accordingly

nyc.bestparking.comThey have an Android app as well, and I assume one for iOS.
I believe the app allows you to state what times you will be there and give the response accordingly
Yeah I see that option now. Not as good as primospot was but it'll do until something better comes along.

Your mom would love it.

Her first time. We'll be there 12/11-12/15. We're in a hotel close to Times Square. The problem is she's 72 so she doesn't have much walk in her.
Somewhere in the city... Christo lurks.

looking forward to hearing about the trip- really hope it worked out for you guys, sorry I ddin't get back to you with more advize.

Also hope you didn't get the flu that swept through chez Floppo taking out all 4 members in less than a week.

Your mom would love it.

Somewhere in the city... Christo lurks.

looking forward to hearing about the trip- really hope it worked out for you guys, sorry I ddin't get back to you with more advize.

Also hope you didn't get the flu that swept through chez Floppo taking out all 4 members in less than a week.
We had a great time. Did all of the touristy stuff--Times Square, 9/11 Memorial, Rockefeller Center, the Rockettes, Russian Tea Room, Empire State Building. We did go to the View one night--good choice jamny, my Mom loved it. The rest of the time we found hole in the wall places to eat. Had a slice every day from different places we ran across. And we didn't take a single cab, the subway got us everywhere we needed to go.

Had a Vietnamese pork sandwich on Broome St. today. Very tasty although next time I'll get it without cilantro.

Had a Vietnamese pork sandwich on Broome St. today. Very tasty although next time I'll get it without cilantro.
Num Pang, amazing Vietnamese sandwich shop... A few of them scattered around the city
Looked it up on Google street view. The place was called Saigon and the sign says Vietnamese Sandwich (Banh Mi) I'm not all that adventurous with food but everyone I was with on the job (at Capitale) recommended it and it was really good. Cheap too.

Snow totals, what's your guess? Central Park measurement.

I'm saying 7.2 inches
I haven't looked at any forecasts or weather sites, but if they're predicting 12" I'll go with 6". If they're saying 8" I'll go with 4".

How long you lived here?
I haven't either... Wife is yapping about this super snow storm, with no knowledge except a quick daily news read earlier, I think it's in the 7 range.

Still waiting to get the whole story of this, but this happened to my co-worker/gb last night.

Crossing the street (green for him) in Chelsea, an SUV pulls forward to make the turn across the cross-walk and stops for him.... then guns it, hitting him. Youngish guy (I'm assuming 20s) and his buddy start yelling at him from the car as he's laying on the street to gtf out of the way as he's blocking traffic. I assume my friend starts yelling back- kid yells that his dad is a cop and better not #### with him. Police and ambulance come- kid and his buddy are now standing on the corner laughing. Policeman taking friend's statement claims to be out of forms or paperwork needed to file this. Kid's dad comes and rides in the ambulance to the emergency room with my friend, who is telling him wtf with your kid. Cop/dad is very apologetic and promises that he'll take care of his kid.

My friend went to the ER and waited 3 hours without being seen before leaving. At the doctor now. That's all I've got for now.

But WTMF.

I have profound respect for the profession (police force)- at an ideal, these people are signed up to take care of the rest of us and make sure everybody's doing what's right. But I've known too many who abuse the hell out of their position (driving drunk, shooting guns randomly, behaving aggressively and like #######s) and then tell the arriving cops- "I'm a cop"- and are essentially let off. Whether they go into the job with a major attitude problem (need to control) or develop one on the job, I dunno (I've seen both), but that Cop/Texting shooting and this are making me think more about it.

Holy hell... considering I'm in the business, the design and now construction of a ####load of mongo residential skyscrapers has surprised the crap out of me. There are 3 right on or just South of Central Park- which should sufficiently block out the sky and sun for a lot of the lower part of the park- ####ers. My old boss is doing the tallest one at 432 Park Ave- 1,400 ft tall!

Holy hell... considering I'm in the business, the design and now construction of a ####load of mongo residential skyscrapers has surprised the crap out of me. There are 3 right on or just South of Central Park- which should sufficiently block out the sky and sun for a lot of the lower part of the park- ####ers. My old boss is doing the tallest one at 432 Park Ave- 1,400 ft tall!
Read about that one... Price per foot on higher floors is supposedly over $4,000 per - Only the super elite rich will be buying there.

Users who are viewing this thread