Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
jamny

***New York***

I am looking for a good Jazz spot downtown (possibly Bleecker St. area) for a first date. Any suggestions?

I am looking for a good Jazz spot downtown (possibly Bleecker St. area) for a first date. Any suggestions?

BB King's place is on West 3rd though its expensive and a zoo if there's someone well known there. Authur's Tavern has jazz too though its not a date place.

Depends on the pics of your date

Blue Notewww.bluenote.net

What's the place in the basement of blue water grill? Eat then go down there equals money. Get the lobster blt.

Blue Note

www.bluenote.net

I have heard of Blue Note, I think it is one of the top jazz clubs in the city right? Not sure if I want to shell out the cash, maybe on a follow up date.

http://www.corneliastreetcafe.com/

Cornelia Street Cafe is a pretty solid place...check out their performance schedule and see if it matches up

Looks good :lmao:

Cornelia Street Cafe is a pretty solid place...check out their performance schedule and see if it matches up

I noticed it has two floors. Did I screw up for making reservations for 9PM? Looks like the performers start at 9. Is the dining area shut off from the jazz (i.e. on separate floors) or will I be o.k.?

I noticed it has two floors. Did I screw up for making reservations for 9PM? Looks like the performers start at 9. Is the dining area shut off from the jazz (i.e. on separate floors) or will I be o.k.?
The downstairs is where the performance space is and they serve the full menu there...

As far as time goes, I would call and ask what time the performance is beginning on the night in question and adjust accordingly...

I would think 9 would be OK, but ask them, they are very helpful/friendly there...

Alias, tell us about your lady friend

lol, which one? I got like 5 of them lined up for the next week. I'll post vital stats, you tell me which one you would choose (no pics for the first stage). Just need a few minutes, busy at work.

lol, which one? I got like 5 of them lined up for the next week. I'll post vital stats, you tell me which one you would choose (no pics for the first stage). Just need a few minutes, busy at work.
:thumbup:

:thumbup:
Alias = playa

A.

Height: 5'4"

Ethnicity: White, non-Hispanic

Religion: Christian

Want Kids: Yes

Drinks: A few times a year

Smokes: Never

Notes: Allergic to certain forms of alcohol, Wynona Rider look-a-like

B.

Height: 5'2"

Want Kids: Maybe

Drinks: A few times a year

Notes: Does not own a T.V., seems a little whacky from her e-mails

C.

Height: 5'3"

Drinks: About once a week

Notes: Works a block away, lives in NJ, redhead

D.

Notes: Lives in Brooklyn, originally from Long Island, went to B.U.

E.

Height: 5'6"

Ethnicity: Hispanic or Latino

Religion: Spiritual, but not affiliated with a religious group

Want Kids: Maybe

Notes: Lives on the UWS, seems pretty accomplished - she photographed a cover of Billboard

I think I like E the best. I also like A... if she looks like Winona Ryder I can get past the alcohol thing.

D

Does D have a Long Island accent? This is important.

D

D has nice curves, dunno about the accent, haven't talked with her yet. I used to have a phone call before any first dates, but find it easier just to meet up with them. These are all eHarmony 1st dates. I actually have a backlog :rolleyes: and need to schedule more in next week or two. Edited by Alias

D

D has nice curves, dunno about the accent, haven't talked with her yet. I used to have a phone call before any first dates, but find it easier just to meet up with them. These are all eHarmony 1st dates. I actually have a backlog :lmao: and need to schedule more in next week or two.
Nice curves, good job, went to BU, young enough to not hear the ticking timebomb of her biological clock (especially since she does want kids)...:moneybag:

I think I like E the best. I also like A... if she looks like Winona Ryder I can get past the alcohol thing.

I hear that. Plus it is only certain forms, so just gotta find the ones that won't kill her :lmao:

More on her...

The one thing (A) wishes MORE people would notice about her is:

* If a guy likes me, I want to be told. I don't want to guess.

:moneybag:

(A) typically spends her leisure time:

* I love working out in the gym. Also, I am working on a short story for a creative writing class I am taking. (I majored in English in college and graduate school and took similar classes but I missed it). I love some tv shows like "Digging for the Truth" (on the History Channel), Arrested Development (very funny!), and Studio Sixty on the Sunset Strip. I am currently reading One Hundred Years of Solitude for my book club. I also volunteer for environmental causes.

Sounds more like the Yang to my Yin

We should do a cornhole where we each bring an eHarmony date

D

D has nice curves, dunno about the accent, haven't talked with her yet. I used to have a phone call before any first dates, but find it easier just to meet up with them. These are all eHarmony 1st dates. I actually have a backlog :lmao: and need to schedule more in next week or two.
Nice curves, good job, went to BU, young enough to not hear the ticking timebomb of her biological clock (especially since she does want kids)...:lmao:
She became a hockey fan while at BU too!

D

Nice curves, good job, went to BU, young enough to not hear the ticking timebomb of her biological clock (especially since she does want kids)...:lmao:
She became a hockey fan while at BU too!
:lmao:I'm telling you, she is gold Alias, gold...

I hear that. Plus it is only certain forms, so just gotta find the ones that won't kill her :thumbup:

More on her...

The one thing (A) wishes MORE people would notice about her is:

* If a guy likes me, I want to be told. I don't want to guess.

:goodposting:

(A) typically spends her leisure time:

* I love working out in the gym. Also, I am working on a short story for a creative writing class I am taking. (I majored in English in college and graduate school and took similar classes but I missed it). I love some tv shows like "Digging for the Truth" (on the History Channel), Arrested Development (very funny!), and Studio Sixty on the Sunset Strip. I am currently reading One Hundred Years of Solitude for my book club. I also volunteer for environmental causes.

Sounds more like the Yang to my Yin

She scares me...FWIW my gf didn't have a tv when I met her and now only has my cast-off. My gf also knows some photographers and lets just say they are all on the wildside so I'd go with E at least for a first date.

Cornelia Cafe is a nice place.

In the future a good $$$ place for a first date in that neighborhood is Pegu Club...its pretty swanky and the drinks are 12 bucks, but they are very strong and the chicks love it the place.

I think E is a winner too...The one thing (E) is most passionate about: * Music and images. I love to be swept up in the awesomeness of something that moves me. I love to feel a part of something special and I love to make people feel that way through experience or connection. I am a pretty darn passionate woman in general.The three things which (E) is most thankful for: * The love and closeness of my family. * The ability to make a living doing what I love. * Living comfortably.(E) typically spends her leisure time: * I love to try new restaurants and seeing live music. My favorite thing to do is cook, perhaps that comes from growing up in a large family where dinner time and stories around the table were always so much fun. It is where we learned about each other. Edited by Alias

lol
Tried eHarmony once. After like two dates (one in which I had to escape this crazy chicks apartment... you KNOW a chick is NUTS when she is decent looking, drinking wine, trying to bed you, and you are running for the door) I get a match. What does their wonderful "system" have in store for me?A meh attractive, utterly psycho crazy ##### with herpes.HOW do I know this? Well, I can clearly see from her pic that she is the (very) recent ex of my roomate at the time.No thanks. Cancelled my subscription or whatever right then and there, never looked back.

I think E is a winner too...The one thing (E) is most passionate about: * Music and images. I love to be swept up in the awesomeness of something that moves me. I love to feel a part of something special and I love to make people feel that way through experience or connection. I am a pretty darn passionate woman in general.The three things which (E) is most thankful for: * The love and closeness of my family. * The ability to make a living doing what I love. * Living comfortably.(E) typically spends her leisure time: * I love to try new restaurants and seeing live music. My favorite thing to do is cook, perhaps that comes from growing up in a large family where dinner time and stories around the table were always so much fun. It is where we learned about each other.
I bet she gets to travel a ton also.

lol
Tried eHarmony once. After like two dates (one in which I had to escape this crazy chicks apartment... you KNOW a chick is NUTS when she is decent looking, drinking wine, trying to bed you, and you are running for the door) I get a match. What does their wonderful "system" have in store for me?A meh attractive, utterly psycho crazy ##### with herpes.HOW do I know this? Well, I can clearly see from her pic that she is the (very) recent ex of my roomate at the time.No thanks. Cancelled my subscription or whatever right then and there, never looked back.
Maybe you were just in the psycho crazy beeyotch with herpes phase of your life Koya...Who are you to question eHarmony's judgment?

lol
Maybe you were just in the psycho crazy beeyotch with herpes phase of your life Koya...Who are you to question eHarmony's judgment?
Judging by my illustrious success with relationships... guess not. And easy on the filter circumenvention. Don't make me go Larry Boy on you.** If Larry Boy reads this under one of his other alias', please don't report me.

Just wanted to chime in that www.menupages.com rocks. I use it all the time to sort by cuisine, delivery area, price and feedback/reviews.

:shrug:

D.

So this one wants to go to a pub in Union Sq. / W. Village area. We could always hit Bleecker and catch a live act, not sure what is going on in Union Sq. pub wise. Time to do some research.

I am looking at this place, heard of it, but never been there:

Fat Black "Puttycat"

Edited by Alias

D.

So this one wants to go to a pub in Union Sq. / W. Village area. We could always hit Bleecker and catch a live act, not sure what is going on in Union Sq. pub wise. Time to do some research.

Fat Black "Puttycat"

Union Square and the W Village don't really share an "area"

Not a big fan of the FBP..

Very dark, and often quite crowded...

I'd recommend The Blind Tiger on Bleecker and jOnes street

Edited by Tremendous Upside

D.

Fat Black "Puttycat"

:thumbdown:

Blind Tiger might be my favorite bar in the city to just chill

D.

Fat Black "Puttycat"

:football:

Beer List = :megaboner:

D.

Fat Black "Puttycat"

:football:

Oh yeah...It's fan ####### tastic

Cool place too, you can hang out and try some amazing beers...

There's a place in the E Village that also has a great beer selection:

Hop Devil Grill

D.

Fat Black "Puttycat"

:lmao:

FBP used to be great 7 or 8 years ago, but went downhill with new ownership and now it attracts a weird outerboroughs/B&T crowd. And that block around Sixth Avenue just isn't a very desirable place to be with a date.

Blind Tiger reminds me of what FBP used to be. Fun place.

Enjoy the last years of New York, because its going to get annihilated by terrorist attacks. Everyone willing to live and work in that city I consider to be very brave, because they are basically surrendering their lives in the hopes of living as a free people. But they are going to die.

:goodposting: geez dude

Enjoy the last years of New York, because its going to get annihilated by terrorist attacks. Everyone willing to live and work in that city I consider to be very brave, because they are basically surrendering their lives in the hopes of living as a free people. But they are going to die.

:shrug: geez dude
A lot of cowardice in that post. :goodposting:

:shrug: geez dude
A lot of cowardice in that post. :mellow:
He's right about the very brave part though...:flex:

Let's be honest, does Sammy strike you as a brave man?

:nerd:

Blind Tiger is only a block and a half from where I used to live in the West Village (Leroy & Bleeker).

While you're there, you're definitely gonna want a late night slice of the best pizza in the city :lmao:

Joe's on Carmine bet Bleeker and 6th Ave on Father Demo Square. Open late.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&...695431472,0.5,0

Edited by joey

C.Occupation: AttorneyAge: 34Height: 5'3"Ethnicity: White, non-HispanicReligion: ChristianWant Kids: YesDrinks: About once a weekSmokes: NeverNotes: Works a block away, lives in NJ, redhead

Took this one out last night, TONS of chemistry. We hit Fubar (50th & 2nd) for a few drinks and popcorn, the head bartender (a pretty hot blond, easily an 8 on the FBG scale) hooked me up big time by giving me props. I am a pseudo regular there and she said I was one of the good guys. Plus we joked around with the bouncer who was funny as hell. Then I took her to Dos Caminos (semi-new Mexican joint on 3rd Ave.).