What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***New York*** (2 Viewers)

How tough will it be to get Yankees tickets this year ?
Depends on what game you want to go to and where you want to sit. Bleacher seats will go very cheap as always. If you want to sit lower level in the infield you'll be paying at least $300 per ticket. I might be able to help you out. Let me know what games your looking at.

was looking for tickets to the Twins series in July (21st to 23rd)
Try StubHub or Craigslist or brave the streets and hit up your local scalper day of the game.
Not a good idea. There are so many fake tickets floating around.
:goodposting: Never had a problem here.
Apparently its becoming more of a problem.My advice for those that want to go. If you want to go on the weekend, go on a Sunday (all Sat games after the Mariners are well above face at this point). Otherwise go during the weekdays and use craiglist. Also if you're vigilant on stubhub you can find deals, but it just takes some time and effort. I'd also think about getting tickets now as opposed to waiting around thinking prices will come in (ie if you see anything close to face on a date you want, where you want to sit, I wouldn't hesitate purchasing said tickets).

Just a bit of a hint for those that may work down in the financial district. There is a cart guy right across the street from Deutsche Bank (on Wall) that makes the best soup in the city. Order the chicken dumpling and thank me later.

Anyone been to Mesa Grill? The gf wants to go this weekend.
I have. It's pretty good but over-priced (in other words - not as good as it thinks it is). Not southwestern food, but check out Periyali. It's one of my favorite restuarants in the city.

Funny watching the gradual, or sometimes instantaneous, decline of a restaurant.

We used to hit up a spot up the street that opened about a year ago called Boucarou... more of a lounge vibe than a restaurant, but had some good asian/fusion type grub. Went last week and it was :bag: ... which, considering we only get out occasionally since having the kid, was :shrug:

I probably mentioned it before, but if you're ever around 74th and Lex you have to try Vivolo. The best Italian food I've had in the city. We went two weeks ago and had to go back again the other night. Unbelievable service. Small, old world style with maybe a bit of a geriatric set, but it seems like mostly well-to-do locals. Very inexpensive as well. I don't know why it doesn't cost more to eat there.

I'd be going once a week if I lived nearby.

I had a great time. Got to spend some time in Brooklyn this time which I really enjoyed and I had a blast seeing the Tigers sweep the Yankees at the old place.

Just a bit of a hint for those that may work down in the financial district. There is a cart guy right across the street from Deutsche Bank (on Wall) that makes the best soup in the city. Order the chicken dumpling and thank me later.
I work in the DB building. Never had the soup though.

I will be checking this out for sure next week. I have grown tired of the selection at Au Bon Pain and Hale and Hearty.Thanks.

I will be checking this out for sure next week. I have grown tired of the selection at Au Bon Pain and Hale and Hearty.Thanks.
Hale & Hearty- The Tomato Cheddar and the Cream of Tomato with Chicken Orzo (Soup of the Month for May) :popcorn:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hale & Hearty- The Tomato Cheddar and the Cream of Tomato with Chicken Orzo (Soup of the Month for May) :thumbup:
Don't get me wrong Mr. Sparkle, Hale and Hearty is some good stuff... just looking into other options. I'll be back...

Anyone been to Mesa Grill? The gf wants to go this weekend.
I have. It's pretty good but over-priced (in other words - not as good as it thinks it is). Not southwestern food, but check out Periyali. It's one of my favorite restuarants in the city.
I'm in NYC for a summer internship and just went to Mesa on Sunday. My 4th trip there. I agree with RC94...it's overpriced at this point. Something changed. I don't know what...but I wasn't quite as impressed this time. And the margaritas have shrunk to minescule size.

I'll be visiting NYC and Yankee Stadium the last week in April to see the Tigers crush that team you have there. Be ready for me to completely take over at least two Burroughs.

:football:
Assuming you are staying in Manhattan, take the ferry to the game.http://www.nywaterway.com/event/baseball-cruise.shtml

It's the only way to get to the Bronx for the game. More expensive than the subway, but they have a bar on board, and you cruise of the east River, killer views of the East Side.
you get anythig with the $22 (food/drinks?) or just the ride
Just the ride, so it seems kind of steep, I guess, but having driven to the stadium, and been packed in the subway after the game, it is the ONLY way I go the game.I usually pick it up at 34th St., have a few Heineken's on the deck, and watch the city cruise by. Ferry leaves half hour after the last out.
If I'm staying in Brooklyn (near Staten Island) how do I get to this boat? Explain it to me like I'm Afro Samurai. TIA.
NY Waterway operates ferry service from West 38th Street, East 34th Street, Pier 11 Wall Street, Port Imperial in Weehawken, New Jersey, and Hoboken and Belford, New Jersey to Yankee Stadium.http://www.cityguideny.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=8569

I am guessing the Pier 11 stop will be the easiest to get to from BK. One of the other boys can probably tell you which subway stop.
I'm coming into NYC next Thursday and will be going to the Yankee games on Fri/Sat. This ferry sounds pretty cool. I'll be staying in Manhattan (Wellington maybe?). I'm guessing you take a cab/bus/or subway to the ferry. Do you think I need to buy tickets in advance, or can you purchase them the day of the game?Edited: I'm talking specifically about the ferry tix. Already have the Yankee tix.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be visiting NYC and Yankee Stadium the last week in April to see the Tigers crush that team you have there. Be ready for me to completely take over at least two Burroughs.

:goodposting:
Assuming you are staying in Manhattan, take the ferry to the game.http://www.nywaterway.com/event/baseball-cruise.shtml

It's the only way to get to the Bronx for the game. More expensive than the subway, but they have a bar on board, and you cruise of the east River, killer views of the East Side.
you get anythig with the $22 (food/drinks?) or just the ride
Just the ride, so it seems kind of steep, I guess, but having driven to the stadium, and been packed in the subway after the game, it is the ONLY way I go the game.I usually pick it up at 34th St., have a few Heineken's on the deck, and watch the city cruise by. Ferry leaves half hour after the last out.
If I'm staying in Brooklyn (near Staten Island) how do I get to this boat? Explain it to me like I'm Afro Samurai. TIA.
NY Waterway operates ferry service from West 38th Street, East 34th Street, Pier 11 Wall Street, Port Imperial in Weehawken, New Jersey, and Hoboken and Belford, New Jersey to Yankee Stadium.http://www.cityguideny.com/viewcolumn.cfm?colid=8569

I am guessing the Pier 11 stop will be the easiest to get to from BK. One of the other boys can probably tell you which subway stop.
I'm coming into NYC next Thursday and will be going to the Yankee games on Fri/Sat. This ferry sounds pretty cool. I'll be staying in Manhattan (Wellington maybe?). I'm guessing you take a cab/bus/or subway to the ferry. Do you think I need to buy tickets in advance, or can you purchase them the day of the game?Edited: I'm talking specifically about the ferry tix. Already have the Yankee tix.
Never gotten them in advance, always just walked up. If the option is there, may as well get them in advance, but not necessary.

For anyone who works in midtown, my current chinese food spot of the moment is Chef Yu's on 8th btw 36th and 37th. The spicy diced chicken on the lunch menu is the ####.

I am going to BLT Prime this weekend - will post a review next week.
BLT Fish is one of our favorite spots for it's consistency.
I wasn't able to make it, my buddies said they were not impressed. Using Lugers as the measuring stick 1 of them said it was more expensive, for less quantity and quality he split a porterhouse for 2. He also said the sides were not good at all, actually pretty bad.

Moving apartments. Heading up to 27th and 3rd. Anyone know about the area?
there used to be a good stretch of bars a bit further down below 23rd street. there is a good irish bar called paddy maguire's on like 20th and 3rd. lots of nights spent there with a buddy who lived around the corner from it.

there used to be a good stretch of bars a bit further down below 23rd street. there is a good irish bar called paddy maguire's on like 20th and 3rd. lots of nights spent there with a buddy who lived around the corner from it.
Rodeo Bar right there on the corner of 27th and 3rd is a pretty solid placeOne side is your more standard restaurant/barThe other side is way more divey and they have live musicPaddy Reilly's on 29th and 2nd is also a good choice...5 taps of Guinness, good live music, and a pretty laid back atmosphere3rd in the low 30s has a bunch of places also (Mercury bar, Joshua Tree, Patrick Kavanagh's)Friends used to live on the corner of 33rd and 3rd, I always liked the area

Rodeo Bar right there on the corner of 27th and 3rd is a pretty solid placeOne side is your more standard restaurant/barThe other side is way more divey and they have live musicPaddy Reilly's on 29th and 2nd is also a good choice...5 taps of Guinness, good live music, and a pretty laid back atmosphere3rd in the low 30s has a bunch of places also (Mercury bar, Joshua Tree, Patrick Kavanagh's)Friends used to live on the corner of 33rd and 3rd, I always liked the area
I personally hate the Murray hill area and the bars. It is just not my scene. I think the only place I have enjoyed n is Paddy Reilly's which is a pretty good irish bar that only serves Guiness and has some great traditional Irish music.

I personally hate the Murray hill area and the bars. It is just not my scene. I think the only place I have enjoyed n is Paddy Reilly's which is a pretty good irish bar that only serves Guiness and has some great traditional Irish music.
Yeah, I mentioned Reilly'sRodeo Bar isn't really part of the Murray Hill "scene" either

My parents are considering getting an APT in the City and possibly selling their Long Island home and buy one up near tanglewood. They would love to be in the Murray Hill area.'nuff said.

My parents are considering getting an APT in the City and possibly selling their Long Island home and buy one up near tanglewood. They would love to be in the Murray Hill area.'nuff said.
Party at Koya's when mom and pops are of town!!!11!!11

Party at Koya's when mom and pops are of town!!!11!!11
#### YEAH!

I've Been hangin' at Barfly at 20th and 3rd..... Just a regular Bar with lots a TV's and decent beer prices w/ a pool table.... Lots of bars in the area though - I've been loving walking around that whole area To Iriving thru Union Square.

Users who are viewing this thread