What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

:MERGED: Darrell Jackson to 49ers for 4th? (1 Viewer)

The deal is contingent upon Jackson passing his physical, scheduled for Saturday at the Niners' Santa Clara, Calif., practice facility.
I said before that if this goes down it means Seattle doesn't think much of DJax's future health. I wonder if the physical is happening in the morning so the 49ers can still draft a WR if he fails.

Trade him to divison rivials for a 4th rounder? They must really think he's a liability.

So.... they spent a first rounder to get Branch, and traded their best WR (production-wise) for a 4th to a division rival. BRILLIANT! Seattle is starting to look like a ship without a rudder to me. Or maybe no compass.... whatever, the direction they are sailing in has a waterfall at the end of it.

HELL YA!!!!!

I love this trade. For a 4th round? You'd think he's worth more than that... But i'm not complaining...

If he only plays 8 games, he'd still play more games than the player the niners would select with that pick anyway...

Go NINERS!!!

As a Niners fan, I'll believe it once the deal is actually done. Just rumor at this point. Seattle is probably throwing this out to the media so some team would jump in and out bid the Niners.

The deal is contingent upon Jackson passing his physical, scheduled for Saturday at the Niners' Santa Clara, Calif., practice facility.
I said before that if this goes down it means Seattle doesn't think much of DJax's future health. I wonder if the physical is happening in the morning so the 49ers can still draft a WR if he fails.
The chatter I hear is comparing Al Wilson to DJax....not a good sign.

I'm going to lose it if Seahawks actually trade Jackson for just a 4th round pick to a division rival.

I really hope another team jumps in, or at the very least, the 49ers throw in disgruntled Guard Justin Smiley so that the Seahawks actually get something in return.

Good pickup til he gets injured and misses half the season.
:D :goodposting: :bag: He had one injury season. Last year he was gold thru the regular part of most FF leagues...you really need to have some perspective. How many half/full seasons has Galloway missed? Did Tim Brown have the stats DJax did in the 1st 6 seasons of his career...IIRC ole TImmy missed a chunk of one of his 1st 3 seasons with the Raiders.Duper and Clayton? THose guys ever miss any time? What NFL player at WR never misses any time ever? Jerry Rice missed time too.

:D :goodposting: :bag: He had one injury season. Last year he was gold thru the regular part of most FF leagues...you really need to have some perspective. How many half/full seasons has Galloway missed? Did Tim Brown have the stats DJax did in the 1st 6 seasons of his career...IIRC ole TImmy missed a chunk of one of his 1st 3 seasons with the Raiders.Duper and Clayton? THose guys ever miss any time? What NFL player at WR never misses any time ever? Jerry Rice missed time too.
He is getting up there in the years and yeah ill admit I might have been a tad hasty in labeling him as injury prone pretty much. Like I said, it would be a good pickup until he misses half the yr... whether he does or not will be seen.

I think a 4th rounder for him is a great deal (for SF that is). (Especially when you consider recent WR trades - ie, Seattle spending a 1st on Branch.)

Chances are you are not finding a WR as good in the 4th anyway.

The guy has been banged up a few times, but when he plays - he is very solid.

Nice move for SF - if it is true.

He is getting up there in the years and yeah ill admit I might have been a tad hasty in labeling him as injury prone pretty much. Like I said, it would be a good pickup until he misses half the yr... whether he does or not will be seen.
Tim Brown didn't do diddly poo for the 1st 5 years he was in the NFL...5 SEASONS! Good thing owners didn't give up on him. DJax is 28...how old is he really? He could easily play another 5 years at a top level. I think this board as whole for whatever reason is far too critical of him. There is room for DJax on my team any day. Everyone on this board must have owned him in 2005 or something.

I believe that SF has a glut of draft picks this year. Giving a 4th for a very needed position makes this a great pick up, even if he does play half a season.

I believe that SF has a glut of draft picks this year. Giving a 4th for a very needed position makes this a great pick up, even if he does play half a season.
Good point. Now they don't have to burn a pick on a WR if they don't want to, or they can really upgrade the WR corps and go get a speedster to stretch the field for Alex Smith.

Good point. Now they don't have to burn a pick on a WR if they don't want to, or they can really upgrade the WR corps and go get a speedster to stretch the field for Alex Smith.
Just confirmed: 1st, 2nd, 2 3rd's, 4 4th's :D , 5th, 6th.This is a no brainer for the Niners.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thump goes D JAx value - from top 10 WR to #20-30 with the downgrade in QB. Great move for SF - bad move for D Jax owners!

Good move for both teams really. DJax is a solid receiver, but Seattle has several good WRs and other needs (defense). However, if SF trades up to try to grab Calvin Johnson, this trade won't happen.

Thump goes D JAx value - from top 10 WR to #20-30 with the downgrade in QB. Great move for SF - bad move for D Jax owners!
SF is an offense on the rise. With all the other WRs in Seattle, I think this is a value neutral move in fantasy terms. Smith will be force feeding Jackson the ball.

Agreed - DJax is a very good receiver, but part of what made him so good was the chemistry he had with Hasselback (along with a potent offense). I could see Smith improving, but it will take some time for the combo to get anywhere close to the same chemistry. Add on a less potent offense, a dynamic young TE in Vernon Davis that will command a fair share of looks, and a good pass-catching stud RB, and DJax's value seems likely to head south a bit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Non-fantasy:

Great pickup for the 49ers

Seattle could've gotten more for DJax probably

Fantasy:

Alex Smith: up

Gore: Up

All other SF WRs: Down

Djax: Slightly down

Hasselbeck: Down

Why would Gore go up? He was the only good player on offense last year, so the entire offense ran through him. Now they're bringing in a receiver who has good red zone credentials, and they've actively said they want to reduce Gore's carries. I understand the rising-tide-lifts-all-boats argument, but I still don't think this is particularly good news for him

The Seahawks will not trade DJax to SF for a 4th rounder. :hot:
I don't think so either. I would like to see the Saints pull off a deal they made for Faine and Hollis Thomas last year, drop a few spots and pick up a vet. 2nd rounder for DJax and a 3rd.

Users who are viewing this thread