What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

:MERGED: Darrell Jackson to 49ers for 4th? (1 Viewer)

Thump goes D JAx value - from top 10 WR to #20-30 with the downgrade in QB. Great move for SF - bad move for D Jax owners!
SF is an offense on the rise. With all the other WRs in Seattle, I think this is a value neutral move in fantasy terms. Smith will be force feeding Jackson the ball.
While D Jax will be more the focal point in SF pass attack - he had great chemistry with Hass and put up big time numbers in that offense. Smith is coming along nicely but IMO D Jax just went from my #1 WR to a mediocre #2.

Thump goes D JAx value - from top 10 WR to #20-30 with the downgrade in QB. Great move for SF - bad move for D Jax owners!
SF is an offense on the rise. With all the other WRs in Seattle, I think this is a value neutral move in fantasy terms. Smith will be force feeding Jackson the ball.
While D Jax will be more the focal point in SF pass attack - he had great chemistry with Hass and put up big time numbers in that offense. Smith is coming along nicely but IMO D Jax just went from my #1 WR to a mediocre #2.
Just don't see it. Jackson's never put up huge numbers in Seattle regardless. He's good for around 1150 yards and 8-9 TDs. And I don;t think he's the clear cut #1 in that offense any longer. More like a 1A/1B with Branch. If you think Smith is improving, which I do, than I don't think 3200 yards and 20 TDs is reaching if he has DJax to throw to. In that division they may even be on the low side. Gotta think Jackson can see 1100 yards and 8 TDs of that.

I think a 4th rounder for him is a great deal (for SF that is). (Especially when you consider recent WR trades - ie, Seattle spending a 1st on Branch.)Chances are you are not finding a WR as good in the 4th anyway.The guy has been banged up a few times, but when he plays - he is very solid.Nice move for SF - if it is true.
I agree with you. DJax is way undervalued most years. His production will benefit SF and hurt Sea IMO. Djax for 4th is a steal for SF. I wonder what Sea wanted him gone? Seems they were s bit desparate to let him go for a 4th. MAybe they're woriied bout his next contract.

Just don't see it. Jackson's never put up huge numbers in Seattle regardless. He's good for around 1150 yards and 8-9 TDs. And I don;t think he's the clear cut #1 in that offense any longer. More like a 1A/1B with Branch. If you think Smith is improving, which I do, than I don't think 3200 yards and 20 TDs is reaching if he has DJax to throw to. In that division they may even be on the low side. Gotta think Jackson can see 1100 yards and 8 TDs of that.
Yeah, I'm not so sure DJax's number go down as well. Seattle averaged only 23 more passing yards per game last year so I don't think Djax goes down at all.

How Thompson would not try to get in on this for Green Bay is beyond me.

Id much rather give a 4th for Jackson then give a 3rd for Moss.

I don't see this being a major hit for Djax's value. The Seattle WR corps was getting crowded, and I really don't think he was considered a FF top 10 WR prior to this trade - I'd say high teens, tops.

In SF, he has a chance to be the clear #1 guy for at least a few more years. He should be able to put up numbers at least close to what he has done in the past, so I think that this could actually be a plus.

This isn't surprising. D-JAX cries a lot and also drops a boatload of passes. Whoever gets him is going to have to pay a huge premium on an above average but not spectacular receiver and the Seahawks are a bit tired of the turf toe and the complaining.

I suggest staying far away from DJax, especially in dynasties. There's no way Seattle trades a good, healthy WR to SF for a 4th round pick.

I'll say it again ........ NO WAY that Holmgren trades him within the division for only a 4th round pick. Unless he knows something, that we don't, about the severity of his knee injuries. (plural)

I'll say it again ........ NO WAY that Holmgren trades him within the division for only a 4th round pick. Unless he knows something, that we don't, about the severity of his knee injuries. (plural)
Nolan places the chances of trading for Seattle wide receiver Darrell Jackson at 50-50. According to Nolan, if the trade is finalized today, it will have no affect on the team's draft planshttp://www.49erswebzone.com/content/news/view.php?id=9455

10:44 a.m.: Reporter Mike Sando of the Tacoma News Tribune reports that Seahawks receiver Darrell Jackson boarded a flight this morning from Florida to the Bay Area to visit with the 49ers. Jackson must pass a physical, then the 49ers and Seahawks would have to agree to trade terms before the deal becomes official.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/content/news/view.php?id=9448

49ers are having a great Draft DAY!!!!

Willis Stud

Staley Stud

Jackson in the 4th If heathly great pick up

Lost a 1st rounder to get staley then pick up 1st from colts and another 4th

Bring on the Niners

49ers are having a great Draft DAY!!!!Willis StudStaley StudJackson in the 4th If heathly great pick upLost a 1st rounder to get staley then pick up 1st from colts and another 4thBring on the Niners
The future's looking bright :goodposting:

49ers are having a great Draft DAY!!!!Willis StudStaley StudJackson in the 4th If heathly great pick upLost a 1st rounder to get staley then pick up 1st from colts and another 4thBring on the Niners
The future's looking bright :mellow:
Being a huge 49er fan I like the last few draft they are getting better.. if This DJAX thing works out they can get some more Def Help or another WR to add to the stable.> was hoping Steve Smith but with the DJAX deal it makes sense for them to trade down and look for more picks

Yeah Clements, Bain and the draft... Lets hope Smith can mature without Norv.. But liking the team a ton and they have a lot of 3rd and 4th round picks to come

I told the wife D-Jax got traded, she said, "You mean D-Drops?"

That sums up how many Hawk fans will feel. I don't know about trading to a division rival, and a team who has had the best off season in the NFL. The good news, based on how many games D-Jax has played in the last two seasons due to injuries, Seattle won't even have to worry about it.

He's missed 13 out of the last 28 games and he thinks he is much better than he really is. Between the drops, the injuries, and the constant #####ing about his contract he is an albatross to Seattle. SF must have negotiated another contract with him and thus the trade. Seahawks wouldn't have traded him within the division unless someone was willing to pony up more money. It also shows you no one else was willing to do that.

I still don't think this trade is final either.

He's missed 13 out of the last 28 games and he thinks he is much better than he really is. Between the drops, the injuries, and the constant #####ing about his contract he is an albatross to Seattle. SF must have negotiated another contract with him and thus the trade. Seahawks wouldn't have traded him within the division unless someone was willing to pony up more money. It also shows you no one else was willing to do that. I still don't think this trade is final either.
:loco: On top of that, Seattle made the Super Bowl, and then the playoffs last year without his help. No worries here.

That sums up how many Hawk fans will feel. I don't know about trading to a division rival, and a team who has had the best off season in the NFL. The good news, based on how many games D-Jax has played in the last two seasons due to injuries, Seattle won't even have to worry about it.
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=114#S=114&a...36&T=457310According to this thread Seahawk fans feel anger, frustration and a huge case of denial, I didn't see one happy Seahawk fan in this thread, in other areas of the message board some went so far as threatening Ruskell.

Edit: Here is another doozy - http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=114#S=114&a...36&T=459054

Last edited by a moderator:

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=114#S=114&a...36&T=457310According to this thread Seahawk fans feel anger, frustration and a huge case of denial, I didn't see one happy Seahawk fan in this thread, in other areas of the message board some went so far as threatening Ruskell.

Edit: Here is another doozy - http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=114#S=114&a...36&T=459054
Sports fans are emotional. A lot of them there, here, and elsewhere forget the NFL is a business. This is not an optimum trade by any means but I think the Seahawks and D-Jax were through sometime last year. I always try to look at the bright side of things and getting rid of D-Jax isn't really a huge deal to me and I'm a fan with above average interest.

WOW ... Absolute steal for the Niners. Gotta wonder what Sea is thinking :lmao:
RIFHe might not even pass his physical. He's broke **** and if you haven't seen any Seahawks games over the past four years, he drops a lot of passes. Think he led the league in 2004.

As a D-Jax & DJ Hackett dynasty owner this is an ideal trade. D-Jax no longer has to compete with Branch & Hackett for balls and will be the #1 option for the 9ers. Hackett outplayed Branch at the end of last year and has a good opportunity with D-Jax shipped out of town.

Last edited by a moderator:
The future's looking bright :banned:
Being a huge 49er fan I like the last few draft they are getting better.. if This DJAX thing works out they can get some more Def Help or another WR to add to the stable.> was hoping Steve Smith but with the DJAX deal it makes sense for them to trade down and look for more picks
Have fun during the seven games he plays. He'll drop at least 18 passes. :banned:

I also think we should take an official count of 49er fans. I've seen eight here the past two years. Before they finish 7-9 again I want an official count so I can send pms asking where they went.

As a D-Jax & DJ Hackett dynasty owner this is an ideal trade. D-Jax no longer has to compete with Branch & Hackett for balls and will be the #1 option for the 9ers. Hackett outplayed Branch at the end of last year and has a good opportunity with D-Jax shipped out of town.
:banned: You must not be in a PPR format. You now have two guys that probably won't catch 60 balls this year. On a PPG basis for PPR, D-Jax was gold. You would have been better off with D-Jax in SEA with Hackett as a handcuff.

as a D Jax dynasty owner I like him going to SF. He will be the clear cut #1 WR on an off. that showed a lot of upside last year. :banned:

WOW ... Absolute steal for the Niners. Gotta wonder what Sea is thinking :thumbdown:
RIFHe might not even pass his physical. He's broke **** and if you haven't seen any Seahawks games over the past four years, he drops a lot of passes. Think he led the league in 2004.
:confused: DJax has been very, very productive over the last few years. I have watched him plenty and unless his injury is such that it prevents him from passing a physical, SF just made a great deal. No denying he drops his share of passes, but his production cannot be questioned.

WOW ... Absolute steal for the Niners. Gotta wonder what Sea is thinking :angry:
:confused: DJax has been very, very productive over the last few years. I have watched him plenty and unless his injury is such that it prevents him from passing a physical, SF just made a great deal. No denying he drops his share of passes, but his production cannot be questioned.
Receiving
Code:
Year Team			G GS Rec Yds Avg Lg TD 20+ 40+ 1st 2005 Seattle Seahawks   6 6 38 482 12.7 48  3  4 2 29 2006 Seattle Seahawks 13 13 63 956 15.2 72 10 13 6 44
Really?

I also think we should take an official count of 49er fans. I've seen eight here the past two years. Before they finish 7-9 again I want an official count so I can send pms asking where they went.
I really could care less what you want, and doubt anyone else does either. :angry:

I'm here. What's your beef again?
Never heard of you.
Good. Now I don't have to respond to those PMs. Who is your team again?
92 posts? All those 49ers are great posts? Check the first page of the Shark pool for my affiliation.

Never heard of you.
92 posts? All those 49ers are great posts? Check the first page of the Shark pool for my affiliation.
You asked for a head count Bubba. Again, what is your beef?I'm guessing Seahawk fan here. Can I spam your PM box next season?

Never heard of you.
I'm guessing Seahawk fan here. Can I spam your PM box next season?
You can come to the game threads. :yucky:

Long Time 49er Fan here, suffered through the bad years as well as Gloried through the Good. I dont care if they get Jackosn or Not. Drafting Jason Hill in the third is a dead drop steal. Jason will be the Next Rice,

I had him rated behind only Johnson and only Johnson. Go watch the tape on all of the WR selected before him and after Johnson, Google the WR and watch them all on YOOTUBE and some of their college sites. Jones gets the best seperation, great hands, great routes and his humble.

Second thought Lets get Jackson too.

Never heard of you.
Good. Now I don't have to respond to those PMs.

Who is your team again?
I'm guessing Seahawk fan here. Can I spam your PM box next season?
You can come to the game threads. :shrug:
Cool. Really, I'm kinda new here, and registered during the losing season.

There is no deal for D-Jax yet, and I'm not gripping over the fact if a deal gets done, or not.

You guys coin a J-Steve-drops yet? :ptts:

Good luck this season. :D

I really could care less what you want, and doubt anyone else does either. :hot:
You I know. :hot:
Well, then you know I prognosticated that the Jets and 49'ers were the most under rated teams headed into last season. It would appear you will make the same mistake again on the 49'ers this year. Now, I know you too. :hey:

Sort of surprised that people are close to assuming this is a done deal. Won't be shocked to see the 49ers pass after the physical. Jackson has knee issues. This isn't news to anyone.

Doc Detroit, you're protesting too much. I understand why. Seattle homers are in the right expecting more in a deal for such a productive player. This isn't such a bad thing if it puts Hackett on the field more. Hackett has a better skill set than Jackson and nobody will be shocked to see him produce at the same level Jackson did. Perhaps more.

I really could care less what you want, and doubt anyone else does either. :D
You I know. :bag:
Well, then you know I prognosticated that the Jets and 49'ers were the most under rated teams headed into last season. It would appear you will make the same mistake again on the 49'ers this year. Now, I know you too. :hey:
Give him hell ROVER, give him hell :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread