What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

:MERGED: Darrell Jackson to 49ers for 4th? (2 Viewers)

what happenned with the physical?

BTW I don't think Smith force feeds Jax at all. Battle is a good WR, no he's not great but he has done pretty well when he's clearly outmatched by the team's opposing top CB. Against a lesser CB, I think he'll be just fine.

Lelie to go deep.

Good luck keeping up with Davis deep.

Battle will probably be the underneath guy when they're going deep. Nolan likes Battle plenty, don't count him out of their plans. I think Jax makes them balanced and gets plenty of looks but...it won't be all Djax at all if he goes there

WOW ... Absolute steal for the Niners. Gotta wonder what Sea is thinking :bye:
RIFHe might not even pass his physical. He's broke **** and if you haven't seen any Seahawks games over the past four years, he drops a lot of passes. Think he led the league in 2004.
:confused: DJax has been very, very productive over the last few years. I have watched him plenty and unless his injury is such that it prevents him from passing a physical, SF just made a great deal. No denying he drops his share of passes, but his production cannot be questioned.
Receiving
Year Team G GS Rec Yds Avg Lg TD 20+ 40+ 1st 2005 Seattle Seahawks 6 6 38 482 12.7 48 3 4 2 29 2006 Seattle Seahawks 13 13 63 956 15.2 72 10 13 6 44Really?
You just owned yourself with your post.DJax' production when he played was solid, almost 17 PPG in PPR in the sample you provided: ( Avg of 5.3 recepts for 75.7 yards and .7 TD per game). Question the durability, not the output.

Last edited by a moderator:
what happenned with the physical?BTW I don't think Smith force feeds Jax at all. Battle is a good WR, no he's not great but he has done pretty well when he's clearly outmatched by the team's opposing top CB. Against a lesser CB, I think he'll be just fine. Lelie to go deep.Good luck keeping up with Davis deep.Battle will probably be the underneath guy when they're going deep. Nolan likes Battle plenty, don't count him out of their plans. I think Jax makes them balanced and gets plenty of looks but...it won't be all Djax at all if he goes there
Agreed. The Niners won't have any superstar WR, but they'll at least have 3 guys who can play (assuming Djax is healthy) at a fairly high level. There's a lot of upside obviously with Vernon Davis as well. Even before day two of the draft, this 49er team is incredibly improved over last year's squad on paper. Who knows what will happen on the field, but there's a lot of reason to be optimistic for the team this year.

From Mike Sando's blog at the Tacoma News Tribune

Ruskell: Nothing on Jackson tonightPosted by Mike Sando @ 08:29:27 pmHawks president Tim Ruskell said there's nothing imminent on the Darrell Jackson front tonight. He said something could happen tomorrow, but he declined to explain the team's broader thinking on the matter, characterizing trade talks with San Francisco as something that came up quickly. We reported in February that the team planned to shop Jackson, and the 49ers have emerged as the most likely suitor. Jackson visited with San Francisco team officials today. There was no initial word from the 49ers on how Jackson's physical examination went today. That could be a key to any deal with the 49ers, Ruskell indicated.

Niners WR core looks like this:

Battle

B-williams

Lelie

Gilmore

Jacobs

Hill

If this trade does go down, hopefully it'll look like this after cuts are made:

Djax

Battle

B-will

Lelie

Hill

Niners WR core looks like this:BattleB-williamsLelieGilmoreJacobsHillIf this trade does go down, hopefully it'll look like this after cuts are made:DjaxBattleB-willLelieHill
How did you get Brandon Williams over Lelie? Brandon Williams from zero to hero?I still have hope for the kid to shine someday, but I think that is just wrong ...

Niners WR core looks like this:BattleB-williamsLelieGilmoreJacobsHillIf this trade does go down, hopefully it'll look like this after cuts are made:DjaxBattleB-willLelieHill
How did you get Brandon Williams over Lelie? Brandon Williams from zero to hero?I still have hope for the kid to shine someday, but I think that is just wrong ...
I wasn't putting them in any order. Just putting them in the order they popped into my head...

Keith Lewis said:
seahawk 17 said:
I told the wife D-Jax got traded, she said, "You mean D-Drops?"

That sums up how many Hawk fans will feel. I don't know about trading to a division rival, and a team who has had the best off season in the NFL. The good news, based on how many games D-Jax has played in the last two seasons due to injuries, Seattle won't even have to worry about it.
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=114#S=114&a...36&T=457310According to this thread Seahawk fans feel anger, frustration and a huge case of denial, I didn't see one happy Seahawk fan in this thread, in other areas of the message board some went so far as threatening Ruskell.

Edit: Here is another doozy - http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=114#S=114&a...36&T=459054
Most Seahawk fans are dumb. A majority of Seahawk fans didn't jump on board until 2000, and then the rest in 2004-2005. There are about six true Seahawk fans on this board and they are pretty football savvy, on top of that they have liked the team since the 80's. 2 of those posters don't see this as a big deal.(Dr. Detroit, and myself)Jackson is overpriced, has butterfingers, and is really close to being marked with the injury prone. With his bum knee I would not be surprised if he failed his physical.

Most Seahawk fans are dumb. A majority of Seahawk fans didn't jump on board until 2000, and then the rest in 2004-2005. There are about six true Seahawk fans on this board and they are pretty football savvy, on top of that they have liked the team since the 80's. 2 of those posters don't see this as a big deal.(Dr. Detroit, and myself)

Jackson is overpriced, has butterfingers, and is really close to being marked with the injury prone. With his bum knee I would not be surprised if he failed his physical.
This just sounds like a bitter rant. Read these posts and comments.http://www.seahawksal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14303

http://blogs.thenewstribune.com/seahawks/?...p;pb=1#comments

Seahawk faithful have a right to be disappointed. Grasping at justifications does nothing for your credibility if you want to be considered football savvy in the future.

Saturday, April 28, 2007 at 21:50:20 PT:Matt Maiocco of the Press Democrat states that Seattle wide receiver Darrell Jackson has passed his physical. Jackson has been the talk of a trade between the 49ers and Seahawks. Should the trade go through, the 49ers are said to be willing to part with one of the fourth round picks (like one of the two in the 120's).Jackson and his wife are staying in the Bay Area until tomorrow. The trade will not be official until Seattle accepts the terms, even though earlier today, Mark Maske of WashingtonPost.com had said that the Seahawks had agreed to the trade.Nolan stated that the selection of Washington State wide receiver Jason Hill in the third round will not impact the decision to complete the trade for Darrell Jackson.
:banned:

Most Seahawk fans are dumb. A majority of Seahawk fans didn't jump on board until 2000, and then the rest in 2004-2005. There are about six true Seahawk fans on this board and they are pretty football savvy, on top of that they have liked the team since the 80's. 2 of those posters don't see this as a big deal.(Dr. Detroit, and myself)

Jackson is overpriced, has butterfingers, and is really close to being marked with the injury prone. With his bum knee I would not be surprised if he failed his physical.
This just sounds like a bitter rant. Read these posts and comments.http://www.seahawksal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14303

Seahawk faithful have a right to be disappointed. Grasping at justifications does nothing for your credibility if you want to be considered football savvy in the future.
I've read a couple of Seahawk forums that I've browsed for years, and respect, and they aren't too happy about the trade either. Most are downright pissed. BTW Hawkfan, thanks for Scot McCloughan, also.

Hawks ship Jackson to Niners

Permalink Posted by Mike Sando @ 08:12:58 am

The trade is done. Seattle gets a fourth-round pick, 124th overall, from San Francisco for Darrell Jackson. I called it in while driving to Seahawks HQ this morning, but see that I arrived just as our sports editor, Dale Phelps, was posting the item. Here is what we can determine from this trade: The Seahawks did not want Jackson on their team; and it's tough to get a high pick for a starting receiver.
The bolded part seems to say it all. Let the Hackett era begin.

These tapes were leaked from the Bush Administration, it was a wiretap from the Seahawks FO:

Nolan: "So we're interested in Jackson. What'll it take?"

Ruskell: "Well, you know. You guys are in our division, so you're going to have to pay more."

Nolan: "Ok, what'll get it done?"

Ruskell: "A 2nd sounds about right."

Nolan: "I don't think so."

Ruskell: "Ok, ok. I'll take a 3rd. But just cuz I like you."

Nolan: "Um...no."

Ruskell: "But come on! You guys got 2! Seriously. You guys have a million picks. What's the difference?"

Nolan: "Huh uh. I don't think so."

Ruskell: "You do realize he had 10 td's last year, right?"

Nolan: "Eh.."

Ruskell: "You guys are really making this hard. I don't know if I can go much further on this. You know, it's not like I'm trying to dump Jackson for whatever I can get."

Nolan: "We'll give you pick 124, our 2nd 4th rounder."

Ruskell: "What?! You got to be kidding me. I can't even get your 1st 4th? You guys have 4 of them! Come on."

Nolan: "You'll take it, and you'll like it. Remember, we swept you guys last year. You don't have a leg to stand on here."

Ruskell: "Yes boss."

Nolan: "Nice doing business with you." :useless:

I see alot of damage control from the hawks fans, but seriously... this move does nothing but hurt them.

They basically just helped to shore up the biggest weakness of a division rival that swept them last season... and all they got in return for it was mansfield wrotto, a project at guard.

Unless Jackson's demanding some ridiculous contract, I don't see how this benefits the seahawks at all.

I honestly think the niners will finish with a better record than the Seahawks this year. It could have happened without this trade, but if I'm the Seattle GM, no way would I trade my most dangerous receiver to an improving team in my own division.

As a niner fan, I'm excited about the upcoming season. The team isn't going to be a championship contender by any stretch, but they could easily be a playoff team and possibly win the NFC West outright. Not that winning that crappy division is anything to brag about, but after the last three years, I'll take what I can get.

I see alot of damage control from the hawks fans, but seriously... this move does nothing but hurt them.

They basically just helped to shore up the biggest weakness of a division rival that swept them last season... and all they got in return for it was mansfield wrotto, a project at guard.

Unless Jackson's demanding some ridiculous contract, I don't see how this benefits the seahawks at all.
I'm 50-50 on it. He's been awesome and he;s been a libility. he has been in the top 5 in drops for years and in big games comes on strong and then disappears. He lollygagged TWO tds in the waning minutes of the first half of the SB. Didn't even try to tap the toes or hail it in, just looked like he wanted to make a cool looking catch. And there were rumblings in preseason that he was thumbing his nose at the team, siooing champagne in a luxury box during games. Basicaly, not much of a team player at all. I'm not casting judgement here, but it seemed likely to me and a few others that he was no longer interested in being a Seahawk. Are we a better team skill wise without him? Probably not. Depends on Branch and Hackett (who I've had a man crush on for the past two seasons). Jackson's production may net be missed.

Are we a better "team" wothout him? Probably. IN Jackson's post trade interview he and Ruskell both made it clear that DJ and the team were not friends. If there were rumbling sof discontent as far back as training camp then it could very well get worse over the season. I think he's a selfish plaver, though not in the league of high profile "me-me's" and chemistry wise he wasn't a fit. This is sort of a last backlash from the Bob Whitsett days whose firing left Jackson's supposed "promises" unfulfilled.

I honestly think the niners will finish with a better record than the Seahawks this year. It could have happened without this trade, but if I'm the Seattle GM, no way would I trade my most dangerous receiver to an improving team in my own division.As a niner fan, I'm excited about the upcoming season. The team isn't going to be a championship contender by any stretch, but they could easily be a playoff team and possibly win the NFC West outright. Not that winning that crappy division is anything to brag about, but after the last three years, I'll take what I can get.
:confused: At this point the 49ers will need to seek out some DLine help, might have to wait for a year. The 49ers have improved their O-line Wide Receivers, Linebackers and Secondary by tons this offseason, it's great to be a 49er fan right now. There is one name to keep in mind for next season, Terrell Suggs. :lmao:

Jackson won't play in 10 games this year, won't have 1000yrds or double digits in TD's. Seattle will also go further into the playoffs than the 49er's. We'll see how savvy I am in the future. ;)

Jackson won't play in 10 games this year, won't have 1000yrds or double digits in TD's. Seattle will also go further into the playoffs than the 49er's. We'll see how savvy I am in the future. :ph34r:
Won't play in 10 games this year? I'd be willing to make that bet. I'm guessing he's fairly healthy right now or he wouldn't have passed his physical. I understand the rationale for the Seahawks to get rid of him, but he's already been quoted as saying he can't wait to stick it to Seattle twice a year. You don't want to give a talented guy like that to another team in your division with a huge chip on his shoulder.

So.... they spent a first rounder to get Branch, and traded their best WR (production-wise) for a 4th to a division rival. BRILLIANT! Seattle is starting to look like a ship without a rudder to me. Or maybe no compass.... whatever, the direction they are sailing in has a waterfall at the end of it.
:popcorn: Im thinking Ruskel is a complete mental case , he botched the Hutchinson thing last offseason, panicked after he had a couple injuries early last season and gave up a first for Branch, now gives the Niners their #1 WR for a fourth? :hot: this is starting to rot at me :X . it might be time for Ruskel to go.

I'm 50-50 on it. He's been awesome and he;s been a libility. he has been in the top 5 in drops for years and in big games comes on strong and then disappears. He lollygagged TWO tds in the waning minutes of the first half of the SB. Didn't even try to tap the toes or hail it in, just looked like he wanted to make a cool looking catch. And there were rumblings in preseason that he was thumbing his nose at the team, siooing champagne in a luxury box during games. Basicaly, not much of a team player at all. I'm not casting judgement here, but it seemed likely to me and a few others that he was no longer interested in being a Seahawk. Are we a better team skill wise without him? Probably not. Depends on Branch and Hackett (who I've had a man crush on for the past two seasons). Jackson's production may net be missed.

Are we a better "team" wothout him? Probably. IN Jackson's post trade interview he and Ruskell both made it clear that DJ and the team were not friends. If there were rumbling sof discontent as far back as training camp then it could very well get worse over the season. I think he's a selfish plaver, though not in the league of high profile "me-me's" and chemistry wise he wasn't a fit. This is sort of a last backlash from the Bob Whitsett days whose firing left Jackson's supposed "promises" unfulfilled.
:) There was a lot to this deal and it's not going to be considered bad no matter what happens. DJax had to go. A few of the Hawk fans here were commenting on DJAX last year toward the end of the year and we all thought he needed to go. He never practiced, he was demanding a huge contract, and he DID NOT produce last year. He looked more like D-Jax 2004 with all the drops and just disappearing in games that he actually played in.

Was this a good deal for the 49ers? Sure it is because it's low risk/high reward. Well maybe it is. Wait until they re-sign him which they are going to have to do. For a guy who has missed half his team’s games over the past two years, he's going to require a huge deal. Is he worth it? He certainly might be.

Was it a good deal for the Seahawks? No. But it wasn't a bad deal outside of them trading Jackson to a division opponent. All the reasons they had to trade him are in various articles out there so I won't make a laundry list, but I agree with Ruskell here and I'm not trying to do any damage control because I knew DJAX was gone. I also know that the QB and scheme are much more important than the receivers. A healthy Hasselbeck throwing to a spot is more important than anything and the Seahawks aren’t exactly hurting at the WR position. Branch understanding the system, Hackett rising, Engram back, and Burleson showing some signs he might be good make this a position that will be fine without DJax. Personally I’m much more concerned about the TE position and how effective Pollard will be. I think a healthy Matt Hasselbeck and a line that will be a whole lot better this year will make the receiving unit look good anyway.

There is a lot of :violin: in this thread with people thinking the 49ers will overtake the Seahawks. Niners have a strong base and I think long-term they will be better than the Cards but this year they won't be better than the Seahawks. Last year the Seahawks never fielded a healthy team and they still should have gone to the NFC Championship game. The 49ers are still a ways off but definitely on the right track.

:confused: Is a 4th round pick better than having Djax? Yes and no. Having Djax would be better than having a 4th round pick, however I think what the Hawks are saying they believe in DJ Hackett. IMO DJ Hackett starting + 4th round pick is much better than having Djax starting for the Hawks. Hackett is 3 years younger and has better hands.

If this was the Patriots or Eagles dealing away a player with question marks everyone would be on their knees praising them.

The Seahawks? Not so much.

If this was the Patriots or Eagles dealing away a player with question marks everyone would be on their knees praising them.The Seahawks? Not so much.
Everyone ripped the Patriots for trading Branch to you guys for a first. Why would you expect people to be higher on the Seahawks trading Jackson away for a fourth?

Jackson will be a "man on a mission" this season. He will do the job for couple of seasons before the Niners replace him.

Excellent move for the 49ers, poor one for the Seahawks. Surely someone would have given you near that value. Those two games will be intense this year. Can't wait.

Ron_Mexico said:
The Scientist said:
Hackett is 3 years younger and has better hands.
I agree that he is 3 years younger,but disagree that he has better hands.
Could you explain why you hold this opinion? Just a hunch, or do you have something to base that on?

:yes: There was a lot to this deal and it's not going to be considered bad no matter what happens. DJax had to go. A few of the Hawk fans here were commenting on DJAX last year toward the end of the year and we all thought he needed to go. He never practiced, he was demanding a huge contract, and he DID NOT produce last year. He looked more like D-Jax 2004 with all the drops and just disappearing in games that he actually played in.
Gotta disagree with you on that. He had some great games/receptions and was leading the league in TDs when he got the dreaded turf toe. His production was good but he still had the dropsies. He's like a pint sized Shaq who puts up numbers but at crunch time becomes a liability that you can't afford to take out of the game.

Jackson will be a "man on a mission" this season. He will do the job for couple of seasons before the Niners replace him.

Excellent move for the 49ers, poor one for the Seahawks. Surely someone would have given you near that value. Those two games will be intense this year. Can't wait.
Let's see, 3 catches for 38 yards in the first matchup. Let's see what he can do Monday. Like I said, the Seahawks would not have traded him within the division, especially for only a 4th, if they thought anything of him.

So.... they spent a first rounder to get Branch, and traded their best WR (production-wise) for a 4th to a division rival. BRILLIANT! Seattle is starting to look like a ship without a rudder to me. Or maybe no compass.... whatever, the direction they are sailing in has a waterfall at the end of it.
:thumbdown:

49ers are having a great Draft DAY!!!!Willis StudStaley StudJackson in the 4th If heathly great pick upLost a 1st rounder to get staley then pick up 1st from colts and another 4thBring on the Niners
The future's looking bright :(
Being a huge 49er fan I like the last few draft they are getting better.. if This DJAX thing works out they can get some more Def Help or another WR to add to the stable.> was hoping Steve Smith but with the DJAX deal it makes sense for them to trade down and look for more picks
Have fun during the seven games he plays. He'll drop at least 18 passes. :wall:
:wall:

I also think we should take an official count of 49er fans. I've seen eight here the past two years. Before they finish 7-9 again I want an official count so I can send pms asking where they went.
Sorry, they aren't gonna win 7 games. Better luck next year though. :(

These tapes were leaked from the Bush Administration, it was a wiretap from the Seahawks FO:Nolan: "So we're interested in Jackson. What'll it take?"Ruskell: "Well, you know. You guys are in our division, so you're going to have to pay more."Nolan: "Ok, what'll get it done?"Ruskell: "A 2nd sounds about right."Nolan: "I don't think so."Ruskell: "Ok, ok. I'll take a 3rd. But just cuz I like you."Nolan: "Um...no."Ruskell: "But come on! You guys got 2! Seriously. You guys have a million picks. What's the difference?"Nolan: "Huh uh. I don't think so."Ruskell: "You do realize he had 10 td's last year, right?"Nolan: "Eh.."Ruskell: "You guys are really making this hard. I don't know if I can go much further on this. You know, it's not like I'm trying to dump Jackson for whatever I can get."Nolan: "We'll give you pick 124, our 2nd 4th rounder."Ruskell: "What?! You got to be kidding me. I can't even get your 1st 4th? You guys have 4 of them! Come on."Nolan: "You'll take it, and you'll like it. Remember, we swept you guys last year. You don't have a leg to stand on here."Ruskell: "Yes boss."Nolan: "Nice doing business with you." :(
lolThat took a lot of time to get :wall: five months later. Nice effort though. All in good fun 49er fans. If nothing I have a great memory and like to point that out once in awhile. D-JAX is awful without the right system.

These tapes were leaked from the Bush Administration, it was a wiretap from the Seahawks FO:Nolan: "So we're interested in Jackson. What'll it take?"Ruskell: "Well, you know. You guys are in our division, so you're going to have to pay more."Nolan: "Ok, what'll get it done?"Ruskell: "A 2nd sounds about right."Nolan: "I don't think so."Ruskell: "Ok, ok. I'll take a 3rd. But just cuz I like you."Nolan: "Um...no."Ruskell: "But come on! You guys got 2! Seriously. You guys have a million picks. What's the difference?"Nolan: "Huh uh. I don't think so."Ruskell: "You do realize he had 10 td's last year, right?"Nolan: "Eh.."Ruskell: "You guys are really making this hard. I don't know if I can go much further on this. You know, it's not like I'm trying to dump Jackson for whatever I can get."Nolan: "We'll give you pick 124, our 2nd 4th rounder."Ruskell: "What?! You got to be kidding me. I can't even get your 1st 4th? You guys have 4 of them! Come on."Nolan: "You'll take it, and you'll like it. Remember, we swept you guys last year. You don't have a leg to stand on here."Ruskell: "Yes boss."Nolan: "Nice doing business with you." :thumbup:
lolThat took a lot of time to get :pickle: five months later. Nice effort though. All in good fun 49er fans. If nothing I have a great memory and like to point that out once in awhile. D-JAX is awful without the right system.
Funny, is anyone good in the 49ers system though?

These tapes were leaked from the Bush Administration, it was a wiretap from the Seahawks FO:Nolan: "So we're interested in Jackson. What'll it take?"Ruskell: "Well, you know. You guys are in our division, so you're going to have to pay more."Nolan: "Ok, what'll get it done?"Ruskell: "A 2nd sounds about right."Nolan: "I don't think so."Ruskell: "Ok, ok. I'll take a 3rd. But just cuz I like you."Nolan: "Um...no."Ruskell: "But come on! You guys got 2! Seriously. You guys have a million picks. What's the difference?"Nolan: "Huh uh. I don't think so."Ruskell: "You do realize he had 10 td's last year, right?"Nolan: "Eh.."Ruskell: "You guys are really making this hard. I don't know if I can go much further on this. You know, it's not like I'm trying to dump Jackson for whatever I can get."Nolan: "We'll give you pick 124, our 2nd 4th rounder."Ruskell: "What?! You got to be kidding me. I can't even get your 1st 4th? You guys have 4 of them! Come on."Nolan: "You'll take it, and you'll like it. Remember, we swept you guys last year. You don't have a leg to stand on here."Ruskell: "Yes boss."Nolan: "Nice doing business with you." :pickle:
lolThat took a lot of time to get :own3d: five months later. Nice effort though. All in good fun 49er fans. If nothing I have a great memory and like to point that out once in awhile. D-JAX is awful without the right system.
I like Frank Gore when healthy. :thumbup:You?

These tapes were leaked from the Bush Administration, it was a wiretap from the Seahawks FO:Nolan: "So we're interested in Jackson. What'll it take?"Ruskell: "Well, you know. You guys are in our division, so you're going to have to pay more."Nolan: "Ok, what'll get it done?"Ruskell: "A 2nd sounds about right."Nolan: "I don't think so."Ruskell: "Ok, ok. I'll take a 3rd. But just cuz I like you."Nolan: "Um...no."Ruskell: "But come on! You guys got 2! Seriously. You guys have a million picks. What's the difference?"Nolan: "Huh uh. I don't think so."Ruskell: "You do realize he had 10 td's last year, right?"Nolan: "Eh.."Ruskell: "You guys are really making this hard. I don't know if I can go much further on this. You know, it's not like I'm trying to dump Jackson for whatever I can get."Nolan: "We'll give you pick 124, our 2nd 4th rounder."Ruskell: "What?! You got to be kidding me. I can't even get your 1st 4th? You guys have 4 of them! Come on."Nolan: "You'll take it, and you'll like it. Remember, we swept you guys last year. You don't have a leg to stand on here."Ruskell: "Yes boss."Nolan: "Nice doing business with you." :ptts:
lolThat took a lot of time to get :ptts: five months later. Nice effort though. All in good fun 49er fans. If nothing I have a great memory and like to point that out once in awhile. D-JAX is awful without the right system.
I like Frank Gore when healthy. :shrug:You?
He's not top 10 this year when he finished #4 last year. There are better options this year. And yeah, I think the 49ers system (ie team this year) is holding him back. You disagree?

These tapes were leaked from the Bush Administration, it was a wiretap from the Seahawks FO:Nolan: "So we're interested in Jackson. What'll it take?"Ruskell: "Well, you know. You guys are in our division, so you're going to have to pay more."Nolan: "Ok, what'll get it done?"Ruskell: "A 2nd sounds about right."Nolan: "I don't think so."Ruskell: "Ok, ok. I'll take a 3rd. But just cuz I like you."Nolan: "Um...no."Ruskell: "But come on! You guys got 2! Seriously. You guys have a million picks. What's the difference?"Nolan: "Huh uh. I don't think so."Ruskell: "You do realize he had 10 td's last year, right?"Nolan: "Eh.."Ruskell: "You guys are really making this hard. I don't know if I can go much further on this. You know, it's not like I'm trying to dump Jackson for whatever I can get."Nolan: "We'll give you pick 124, our 2nd 4th rounder."Ruskell: "What?! You got to be kidding me. I can't even get your 1st 4th? You guys have 4 of them! Come on."Nolan: "You'll take it, and you'll like it. Remember, we swept you guys last year. You don't have a leg to stand on here."Ruskell: "Yes boss."Nolan: "Nice doing business with you." :yes:
lolThat took a lot of time to get :own3d: five months later. Nice effort though. All in good fun 49er fans. If nothing I have a great memory and like to point that out once in awhile. D-JAX is awful without the right system.
I like Frank Gore when healthy. :confused:You?
He's not top 10 this year when he finished #4 last year. There are better options this year. And yeah, I think the 49ers system (ie team this year) is holding him back. You disagree?
Hard to say, I really enjoy the 49ers losing.

These tapes were leaked from the Bush Administration, it was a wiretap from the Seahawks FO:Nolan: "So we're interested in Jackson. What'll it take?"Ruskell: "Well, you know. You guys are in our division, so you're going to have to pay more."Nolan: "Ok, what'll get it done?"Ruskell: "A 2nd sounds about right."Nolan: "I don't think so."Ruskell: "Ok, ok. I'll take a 3rd. But just cuz I like you."Nolan: "Um...no."Ruskell: "But come on! You guys got 2! Seriously. You guys have a million picks. What's the difference?"Nolan: "Huh uh. I don't think so."Ruskell: "You do realize he had 10 td's last year, right?"Nolan: "Eh.."Ruskell: "You guys are really making this hard. I don't know if I can go much further on this. You know, it's not like I'm trying to dump Jackson for whatever I can get."Nolan: "We'll give you pick 124, our 2nd 4th rounder."Ruskell: "What?! You got to be kidding me. I can't even get your 1st 4th? You guys have 4 of them! Come on."Nolan: "You'll take it, and you'll like it. Remember, we swept you guys last year. You don't have a leg to stand on here."Ruskell: "Yes boss."Nolan: "Nice doing business with you." :own3d:
I like Frank Gore when healthy. :excited:You?
Hard to say, I really enjoy the 49ers losing.
Schadenfreude?

Users who are viewing this thread