What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why is Alan Branch falling? (1 Viewer)

Voice Of Reason

Footballguy
I've seen him projected as high as #6, but it's pick 26 and he's still out there and no word of why he's falling. Did something come out about him recently that I missed?

Yeah, and he's not even in Mel Kiper's Best Available Top 20 and we're on pick 1.27!

It's like he never existed...

The Niners could use him to anchor their middle. Their 2nd and 3rd (480+210=690) are enough to get any of the next few picks (the 27th is 680). If they are getting DJax for a 4th, then they can use a pair of other picks to make this happen.

This is how the rich get richer. He is falling because his work ethic has been questioned. They are not talking about it because they still can't stop talking about Quinn. Personally, Branch looks like a better prospect than Quinn to me so this is far more surprising.

This is how the rich get richer. He is falling because his work ethic has been questioned. They are not talking about it because they still can't stop talking about Quinn. Personally, Branch looks like a better prospect than Quinn to me so this is far more surprising.
I agree, Branch will be a better defensive lineman than Brady Quinn.

I don't buy it. How can someone drop from a sure fire Top 10 pick to not even be mentioned in the first 1 1/2 rounds.

Here's an article written on March 19, 2007 .link. Are you telling me in a little over a month, he dropped from a Top 10 pick to at least mid 2nd round, maybe even further! And all 32 teams have a consensus opinion? And Kiper has a hand hold in all of this?!?

Someone please explain...

I don't buy it. How can someone drop from a sure fire Top 10 pick to not even be mentioned in the first 1 1/2 rounds.

Here's an article written on March 19, 2007 .link. Are you telling me in a little over a month, he dropped from a Top 10 pick to at least mid 2nd round, maybe even further! And all 32 teams have a consensus opinion? And Kiper has a hand hold in all of this?!?

Someone please explain...
He didn't show much "fire" at his pro day and I read that he was out of shape. Put that together and it says bust and beware. So he falls. Maybe this will be a wakeup call.

Also reports of stress fractures/shin splints. Being a big lineman does not bode well stress fractures. Not something you take in a 1st rounder.

I read something that he's rumored to have leg problems. Some teams think its shin splints and others think its stress fractures. Either way, that could be a big reason why a guy that size falls in the draft. Leg problems tend to linger when you're a mammoth.

Googled and found a few hits. Here's one:

Linky

ETA: ATC1 beat me to it. :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Also reports of stress fractures/shin splints. Being a big lineman does not bode well stress fractures. Not something you take in a 1st rounder.
I read something that he's rumored to have leg problems. Some teams think its shin splints and others think its stress fractures. Either way, that could be a big reason why a guy that size falls in the draft. Leg problems tend to linger when you're a mammoth.

Googled and found a few hits. Here's one:

Linky

ETA: ATC1 beat me to it. :D
:boxing: :goodposting:

I guy with his work ethic is the only guy that admitted marijuana use that's gonna get hurt by it. Think Gerrard Warren.

Here's a disconnect.

During Branch's commentary, Kiper says, "...he had been sliding. To the point where you think maybe late first round. Now here he is the first pick of the second round."

But as documented in the previous post, he didn't make it to Kiper's top 1 1/2 round projections.

:wall: :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread