What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What would happen if I fought a featherweight boxer? (2 Viewers)

shadyridr

Footballguy
Me and my friends were discussing this last night during the fight. I have absolutely no boxing training but I weight lift and am pretty strong. What were to happen if I got into the ring with a featherweight boxer? Would he still kick my ### due to his boxing skills? Would his punches hurt me? Would I actually be able to hurt him? Will my size be too much for him? Just curious.

Last edited by a moderator:
he would break your ribs & nose. and probably give you a concussion.

I am your size (6'2", 225lbs) and I have had this debate with friends many times.

I say with certainty I can woop any 5ft nothing 115-125lb guy pretty much regardless of boxing or other skills.

It would be like fighting a fourth grade boxer.

I am your size (6'2", 225lbs) and I have had this debate with friends many times.I say with certainty I can woop any 5ft nothing 115-125lb guy pretty much regardless of boxing or other skills.It would be like fighting a fourth grade boxer.
I understood you to be asking who would win a fight not a boxing match.As in you would be allowed to grab hold the guy and throw him around like a rag doll.

if it was a plain street brawl you'd have a better chance than a true 12 round fight you'd increase your chances by 30%

Me and my friends were discussing this last night during the fight. I have absolutely no boxing training but I weight lift and am pretty strong. What were to happen if I got into the ring with a featherweight boxer? Would he still kick my ### due to his boxing skills? Would his punches hurt me? Would I actually be able to hurt him? Will my size be too much for him? Just curious.
For the record, in the future, you don't need to mention your height and weight, or refer to your strength and lifting skills. You are a FBG, so we already know you're 6'2 225lbs and can bench 255 25+ times.

I am your size (6'2", 225lbs) and I have had this debate with friends many times.I say with certainty I can woop any 5ft nothing 115-125lb guy pretty much regardless of boxing or other skills.It would be like fighting a fourth grade boxer.
:popcorn:

:popcorn:
:popcorn: I just consider it common sense. It is why weight classes exist.
Where do you believe your cutoff is? Do you think you could beat Mayweather? You've got over 75 lbs. on him. How about Ricky Hatton at 140? And are you talking about just in boxing?

I don't think you'd last three rounds and you'd be lucky to land a punch for every ten times you'd get hit. Boxing requires incredible stamina, strength, speed and agility regardless of the weight class.

I'd imagine fighting one of these guys without the gloves on wouldn't be much easier. Them wearing the gloves probably allows you to last a bit longer.

Boxing - medics carry out

Bar Fight - you have a better chance as the lack of manuvering room and your size negates his speed. But still most likely that the pro takes you out.

Out in the street with some room - medics carry you off.

;)
:shrug: I just consider it common sense. It is why weight classes exist.
Where do you believe your cutoff is? Do you think you could beat Mayweather? You've got over 75 lbs. on him. How about Ricky Hatton at 140? And are you talking about just in boxing?
Talking a straight fight. I would be allowed to use the advantages my size and reach gives me.I'm not trying to be macho - I'm just saying. I don't think it is a stretch at all...ETA - no idea where the cutoff would be. Huge difference though from a 5'1" 125lb to a 5'8/9" 150lb. guy. The question was about featherweights.. so I will stick to that.

So the feather weight guys don't know how to punch?

I had a gb in college have similar thoughts- actually got into boxing with the thought that as big, strong guy with decent athleticism he'd be able to do some fights. He trained for a couple of months in the gym and sparred for his first time against a guy much lighter than him- at least 20lbs IIRC- who had been fighting for a while. My buddy got popped in the gut once, went down in a lump and gave up boxing on the spot.

One punch to the head or ribs and it's over.

:cry:
:o I just consider it common sense. It is why weight classes exist.
Talking a straight fight. I would be allowed to use the advantages my size and reach gives me.I'm not trying to be macho - I'm just saying. I don't think it is a stretch at all...
A trained professional beats a big amateur pretty much every time.

I am your size (6'2", 225lbs) and I have had this debate with friends many times.

I say with certainty I can woop any 5ft nothing 115-125lb guy pretty much regardless of boxing or other skills.

:cry:
:o I just consider it common sense. It is why weight classes exist.
Talking a straight fight. I would be allowed to use the advantages my size and reach gives me.I'm not trying to be macho - I'm just saying. I don't think it is a stretch at all...
fixed

:X
:banned: I just consider it common sense. It is why weight classes exist.
fixed
Well now you have to allow for circumstance and luck. Although I would bet on the pro every time the amateur might pull one on out on occasion.

He would hit you 5 times before you you even got your arm cocked. By the time you were ready to punch him, it would be pointless as you would not be able to see him with all the blood in your eye. Hopefully you pass out before he finishes you...

:X
:banned: I just consider it common sense. It is why weight classes exist.
fixed
Well now you have to allow for circumstance and luck. Although I would bet on the pro every time the amateur might pull one on out on occasion.
Maybe if the amatuer gets to use a 2x4

In a boxing match, nobody without boxing or some other form or combat training makes it out of round one vs. a professionally trained boxer. It's laughable that some of think you could take a professional 175 lb boxer. You'd never hit anything other than his elbows, and the only parts of his punches you'd even see would when he was pulling back after popping you where ever he wanted to. He'd name his game. If he wanted to break a rib, he would. If he wanted to break your nose, he would.

:lmao:
Talking a straight fight. I would be allowed to use the advantages my size and reach gives me.I'm not trying to be macho - I'm just saying. I don't think it is a stretch at all...ETA - no idea where the cutoff would be. Huge difference though from a 5'1" 125lb to a 5'8/9" 150lb. guy. The question was about featherweights.. so I will stick to that.
:lmao: You = :sleep: :topcat: :whoosh: :doh: :lmao: I grew up with this guy Buddy McGirt, 135 lbs., and he would just destroy any guy in the gym. Destroy them. And they had training. You'd be a slightly more mobile punching bag, but only for about a minute. :popcorn:

He'd win by unanimous decision, you'd go home very sore.

It would be like fighting a fourth grader boxer for the boxer.

For fighters of the same skill level.
Yeah untrained, I don't care if you're Yao Ming, you may survive unscathed but you ain't "wooping" ####.The body shots he'd take would make you hate life for two weeks.

Yeah untrained, I don't care if you're Yao Ming, you may survive unscathed but you ain't "wooping" ####.The body shots he'd take would make you hate life for two weeks.
Fair enough.. but why is everyone assuming thisd is a boxing match? Of course I would't sit there and try to box him. I doubt I would swing once.

:bag: I just consider it common sense. It is why weight classes exist.
Fair enough.. but why is everyone assuming thisd is a boxing match? Of course I would't sit there and try to box him. I doubt I would swing once.
what are you going to do, shoot him?

:bag: I just consider it common sense. It is why weight classes exist.
Because the OP stated the following:
What were to happen if I got into the ring with a featherweight boxer?

Users who are viewing this thread