Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
shadyridr

What would happen if I fought a featherweight boxer?

Who are the smallest dudes that fight? Are there like 90 lb. little people?

I might be able to handle a 45lb dude if they have those.
Like a little kid that knows karate?

I was 5' 6" my senior year in high school and wrestled 126 lbs. I was a very good for a high school wrestler (state champ). When I went to college, guys often wanted to "test" you to see how tough you really were. I was very comfortable going with anyone up to 185 lbs or so. These were college guys in reasonably good shape. Not 30 year old married guys. I was not by any stretch of the imagination national or world calibre as a college wrestler. Marginal, at best in the D3/NAIA ranks with a losing record.

National/World class guys would eat you alive in any combat sport....without any difficulty.

Edited by george

I was 5' 6" my senior year in high school and wrestled 126 lbs. I was a very good for a high school wrestler (state champ). When I went to college, guys often wanted to "test" you to see how tough you really were. I was very comfortable going with anyone up to 185 lbs or so. These were college guys in reasonably good shape. Not 30 year old married guys. I was not by any stretch of the imagination national or world calibre as a college wrestler. Marginal, at best in the D3/NAIA ranks with a losing record. National/World class guys would eat you alive in any combat sport....without any difficulty.

No way. He'd destroy them all, you included. Haven't you read the thread? :lmao:

I was 5' 6" my senior year in high school and wrestled 126 lbs. I was a very good for a high school wrestler (state champ). When I went to college, guys often wanted to "test" you to see how tough you really were. I was very comfortable going with anyone up to 185 lbs or so. These were college guys in reasonably good shape. Not 30 year old married guys. I was not by any stretch of the imagination national or world calibre as a college wrestler. Marginal, at best in the D3/NAIA ranks with a losing record. National/World class guys would eat you alive in any combat sport....without any difficulty.

No way. He'd destroy them all, you included. Haven't you read the thread? :unsure:
And he's a yankees fan with a yankees vanity plate. CLASSY!!!!

I was 5' 6" my senior year in high school and wrestled 126 lbs. I was a very good for a high school wrestler (state champ). When I went to college, guys often wanted to "test" you to see how tough you really were. I was very comfortable going with anyone up to 185 lbs or so. These were college guys in reasonably good shape. Not 30 year old married guys. I was not by any stretch of the imagination national or world calibre as a college wrestler. Marginal, at best in the D3/NAIA ranks with a losing record.

National/World class guys would eat you alive in any combat sport....without any difficulty.

In a street fight?

No way. He'd destroy them all, you included. Haven't you read the thread? :loco:
:lmao: Balance is a very scary dude. Just ask him. :lmao:Not sure if you caught this or not, but he used to be able to dunk a basketball. :thumbup: Edited by JuniorNB

No way. He'd destroy them all, you included. Haven't you read the thread? :thumbup:
:excited: Balance is a very scary dude. Just ask him. :lmao:Not sure if you caught this or not, but he used to be able to dunk a basketball. :shrug:
Have never said I was a scary dude. Never implied anything near it. Never picked a fight in my life, never will.Can still dunk a basketball. Keep taking this out of context all you want - it was a response to someone trying to gauge my athletic ability. But if you are going to take it out of context at least get it right.I'd prefer we stick to what I have said rather than making up stuff. You and a few others in this latest round seem hell bent on making it into something it isn't... :shrug: Are you a smaller guy? You can't be that small. Why does this threaten you or offend you into needing to make these types of posts?

I guess we'd have to disagree, I'm 35 pounds over what you were comfortable with in your prime.The without difficulty statements are my favorite. Why is it in this thread tiny people have the advantage 100% of the time? :excited:In your attempts to make small people invincible, the size advantage has gone from being too minimized to now non-existent.

I guess we'd have to disagree, I'm 35 pounds over what you were comfortable with in your prime.The without difficulty statements are my favorite. Why is it in this thread tiny people have the advantage 100% of the time? :excited:In your attempts to make small people invincible, the size advantage has gone from being too minimized to now non-existent.
Just out of sheer curiosity have you ever been struck in the face by someone who knows how to fight?

No way. He'd destroy them all, you included. Haven't you read the thread? :thumbup:
:excited:

Balance is a very scary dude. Just ask him. :shrug:

Not sure if you caught this or not, but he used to be able to dunk a basketball. :shrug:

Are you a smaller guy? You can't be that small. Why does this threaten you or offend you into needing to make these types of posts?
No. Quite the opposite. I'm 5'11", 210 lbs with a 300 lb. bench press and a back that looks like 40 miles of bad road. (although I can't perform the all-important dunk)

And even I am smart enough to know that a trained, world-class featherweight would destroy me in a fight. Probably make me look silly in the process.

Balance>hiYou ever make it up to Seattle? If so, I may be able to arrange something for you and videotape it for the edification of the FFA.

:lmao: Never gonna happen.

No way. He'd destroy them all, you included. Haven't you read the thread? :confused:
:goodposting:

Balance is a very scary dude. Just ask him. :lmao:

Not sure if you caught this or not, but he used to be able to dunk a basketball. :thumbup:

Are you a smaller guy? You can't be that small. Why does this threaten you or offend you into needing to make these types of posts?
No. Quite the opposite. I'm 5'11", 210 lbs with a 300 lb. bench press and a back that looks like 40 miles of bad road. (although I can't perform the all-important dunk)

And even I am smart enough to know that a trained, world-class featherweight would destroy me in a fight. Probably make me look silly in the process.

Cool... lets keep it to the strategy/possibilities realm rather than focusing on your insecurities regarding basketball.

Balance>hiYou ever make it up to Seattle? If so, I may be able to arrange something for you and videotape it for the edification of the FFA.

Haven't been up there now in 3 years. Mom and brother there, but a 7 month old and 2 year old have made it easier for them to come see us lately.Will probably be that way for another year or two..... if we stop having kids.And of course with the kids and all that comes with it, I'd have to convince the wife to allow it. I know that doesn't live up to the macho image people have built for me here, and isn't the sexy answer... but such is life. I did join a BJJ class/club/gym whatever for one month about a year ago and was completely let down. The only real fighters there were significantly larger than me, or female. After a month (8-9 classes) I left bored from all the drills and basics. Learned almost nothing, enjoyed almost nothing.But if it were ever an easy thing to fit in and make happen I'd love to spar/wrestle with a smaller guy to feel what it is like. Wouldn't even need a fight to answer the question - just a simple experiment with him trying to hit me or take me down - would be fun and all that is need for this question to be answered in my mind. This is what I was hoping for at the BJJ place.How'd that other thing go by the way? Edited by Balance

I guess we'd have to disagree, I'm 35 pounds over what you were comfortable with in your prime.The without difficulty statements are my favorite. Why is it in this thread tiny people have the advantage 100% of the time? :lmao:In your attempts to make small people invincible, the size advantage has gone from being too minimized to now non-existent.
Just out of sheer curiosity have you ever been struck in the face by someone who knows how to fight?
:popcorn:

Balance would whip Machida's ###, IMO.

Dead wrong here. Machida wouldn't even step in the ring with Balance. Even Machida knows his limits

I guess we'd have to disagree, I'm 35 pounds over what you were comfortable with in your prime.The without difficulty statements are my favorite. Why is it in this thread tiny people have the advantage 100% of the time? :lmao:In your attempts to make small people invincible, the size advantage has gone from being too minimized to now non-existent.
Enough with this nonsense already, guy. No one could even land a punch on him. :mellow:

Enough with this nonsense already, guy. No one could even land a punch on him. :mellow:
:lmao: You are probably right. A pretty boy as chizzled and agile as him has probably never felt the sting of a wee mans jab.

:lmao: You are probably right. A pretty boy as chizzled and agile as him has probably never felt the sting of a wee mans jab.
You ever try to hitting a dude in the face when he's dunking a basketball? Not easy, believe me.

Balance,

Your are so pathetically off base that it's ridiculous. Here is an example of a 121 lb world class wrestler that would absolutely tear you apart. He is 5' 10" and his walking around weight is probably around 150 or 155. His quickness, balance, conditioning, ferociousness and overall brutality would overwhelm you. You would be gassed after about 20 seconds and then he would methodically humiliate you and pound you into submission.

Edited by gameday

But if it were ever an easy thing to fit in and make happen I'd love to spar/wrestle with a smaller guy to feel what it is like. Wouldn't even need a fight to answer the question - just a simple experiment with him trying to hit me or take me down - would be fun and all that is need for this question to be answered in my mind. This is what I was hoping for at the BJJ place.

if you are ever in Charlotte, send me a PM and this can be arranged.

Balance,

Your are so pathetically off base that it's ridiculous. Here is an example of a 121 lb world class wrestler that would absolutely tear you apart. He is 5' 10" and his walking around weight is probably around 150 or 155. His quickness, balance, conditioning, ferociousness and overall brutality would overwhelm you. You would be gassed after about 20 seconds and then he would methodically humiliate you and pound you into submission.

Why are we not talking about boxers?
because the thread took a slight left turn and started talking about world class combatants, in general. Plus, the general concept still applies. Balance thinks his size alone precludes 120+ lb. guy from giving him an asswhooping. He's totally wrong about that.

You ever try to hitting a dude in the face when he's dunking a basketball? Not easy, believe me.
Sweet jeebus. :lmao: :lmao::lmao: :lmao::lmao: :lmao: :lmao::lmao:

Sweet jeebus. :lmao: :lmao::lmao: :lmao::lmao: :lmao: :lmao::lmao:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao::cry: :cry: :cry:

Balance,

#1 - I have said all along I could be wrong.

#2 - This guy does not fall into the range I set forth. 5'10" is way taller than anything I've considered here.

#3 - no, I would not be gassed after 20 seconds.

I'll keep asking someone to show a youtube clip of a tiny guy beating a guy my size... I've looked and cannot find a single fight that applies to this conversation.

By "this conversation" I mean what I have actually said or put forth.

I'll be sure to add "ferociousness" to the list of tiny people's superpowers though, I like that one. :thumbup:

Edited by Balance

Balance,

Why are we not talking about boxers?
because the thread took a slight left turn and started talking about world class combatants, in general. Plus, the general concept still applies. Balance thinks his size alone precludes 120+ lb. guy from giving him an asswhooping. He's totally wrong about that.
No, not my size alone. Biggest part of it, but not size alone.

I have spent more time in this thread correcting people than anything else. Was more fun when it stayed on track.

Yes. Guy that won the heavy weight boxing intramurals 3 years straight in college. ETA - he isn't the one that put the biggest hurting on me though.And of course that would be the point - noone here has done anything to convince me a a guy a foot shorter than me and 100 pounds lighter would ever hit me in the face. Edited by Balance

Yes. Guy that won the heavy weight boxing intramurals 3 years straight in college. ETA - he isn't the one that put the biggest hurting on me though.And of course that would be the point - noone here has done anything to convince me a a guy a foot shorter than me and 100 pounds lighter would ever hit me in the face.
I'm not convinced by you argument. Guy's who are 5'5-5'8 don't typically fight people 2 or 3 weight classes above them in competition fights. That shouldn't translate in you mind as "I can whoop a guy who's a foot shorter." I'll buy into your premise for the sake of argument...I'd love to hear how you'd avoid body shots? My position is that: If he's a boxer he'll land every shot to your torso and you'll piss blood for a month. If he's an MMA fighter and rush him/take him to the ground he'll break your arm or ankle, your weight won't be enough to keep him pinned. Explain it to me like I'm five years old: How do you avoid the ### kicking? Edited by shake zula

Yes. Guy that won the heavy weight boxing intramurals 3 years straight in college. ETA - he isn't the one that put the biggest hurting on me though.And of course that would be the point - noone here has done anything to convince me a a guy a foot shorter than me and 100 pounds lighter would ever hit me in the face.
I'm not convinced by you argument. Guy's who are 5'5-5'8 don't typically fight people 2 or 3 weight classes above them in competition fights. That shouldn't translate in you mind as "I can whoop a guy who's a foot shorter." I'll buy into your premise for the sake of argument...I'd love to hear how you'd avoid body shots? My position is that: If he's a boxer he'll land every shot to your torso and you'll piss blood for a month. If he's an MMA fighter and rush him/take him to the ground he'll break your arm or ankle, your weight won't be enough to keep him pinned. Explain it to me like I'm five years old: How do you avoid the ### kicking?
There are about 21 pages in this thread.. I'd say around 16 of those 21 have addressed this about as well as I can.Summary - you and most others feel the tiny guy can't be hurt by me, and that I will instantly die when in the tiny guy's presence due to a very long list of superpowers given. I disagree - there is a reason they don't fight up 3 weight classes (more than 3 here right?), I'm not helpless, and lastly I can only repeat that people this small don't exist in my world. Jesse James Leija is the closest I can think of that I have even seen... and he is a full 20%+ bigger than what we are talking about... and he is/was pretty damn tiny.The guys on TV that aren't taller than the ropes, that get pushed around by the refs... that is the guy I'm talking about.It is kind of amusing that this riles people up so much. :boxing:

I could kill a bear with my bare hands. Seriously. Prove to me that I can't.... I don't care if there are 20 pages of people laughing at me and making fun of me, I'l just say I disagree. Then I'll laugh at the fact that I think I got them 'riled up'. I'm cool like that. :thumbup:

I could kill a bear with my bare hands. Seriously. Prove to me that I can't.... I don't care if there are 20 pages of people laughing at me and making fun of me, I'l just say I disagree. Then I'll laugh at the fact that I think I got them 'riled up'. I'm cool like that. :thumbup:

Well that depends. Are we talking any bear, cause a grizzly or polar bear I say no chance. Now, if it were a simple black bear(the featherweights of the bear world) then I say you stand a chance. :lmao: Edited by encaitar

Well that depends. Are we talking any bear, cause a grizzly or polar bear I say no chance. Now, if it were a simple black bear(the featherweights of the bear world) then I say you stand a chance. :lmao:
Male or female black bear?

Well that depends. Are we talking any bear, cause a grizzly or polar bear I say no chance. Now, if it were a simple black bear(the featherweights of the bear world) then I say you stand a chance. :lmao:
Male or female black bear?
A newborn cub that can't see yet

I can't find a youtube clip of a bear surviving when attacked by man. You must be right.

well, here is one vid of a small guy vs. a big guy. I don't know their weights, and the match is a bit boring, but you get the general idea. I'll look for more vids after today's cook out.

I can't find a youtube clip of a bear surviving when attacked by man. You must be right.
I'm really at a loss as to why you guys are so upset, but this is hilarious. :thumbup:

When was the last time you were punched in the face? The "plan" usually goes out the window when you're getting punched in the face.

When was the last time you were punched in the face? The "plan" usually goes out the window when you're getting punched in the face.

I think the primary component of his plan is to not get punched in the face. I guess he's envisioning himself as Godzilla vs. the Japanese in the size advantage.

BALAAAAAAAAAAANCARUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!

Edited by Tiananmen Tank

Adding to the list of people that will get beat up by a guy that can dunk a basketball:

Ricky Hatton

Cotto

de la Hoya

These weaklings can't even beat up a 5'0" midget.

ETA: This is one of the best threads ever.

Edited by SanAntonioHolmes

After watching that fight last night, I am 100% sure you would be killed.

Pretty sure Pacquiao wouldn't know what to do after he was dunked on for the first time.
:lmao:You sure keep gripping on this. Was dunking an unrealized child-hood dream?And you may want to fix your sig... it is edited rather generously.

:lmao::goodposting: Duh
The Pacquiao of lastnight.. most likely. This is consistent with my argument all along. 25 lbs of muscle matters.Pacquiao 3-4 years ago (when this claim was made) at @120 lbs... still no. Edited by Balance

:lmao::goodposting: Duh
The Pacquiao of lastnight.. most likely. This is consistent with my argument all along. 25 lbs of muscle matters.Pacquiao 3-4 years ago (when this claim was made) at @120 lbs... still no.
You will be killed. They would be scraping whatever is left of your body off the ground. Sorry.You don't have to be the itough guy here. Nobody believes you anyways.