What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What would happen if I fought a featherweight boxer? (3 Viewers)

After watching that fight last night, I am 100% sure you would be killed.
:lmao: :goodposting: Duh
The Pacquiao of lastnight.. most likely. This is consistent with my argument all along. 25 lbs of muscle matters.Pacquiao 3-4 years ago (when this claim was made) at @120 lbs... still no.
You will be killed. They would be scraping whatever is left of your body off the ground. Sorry.You don't have to be the itough guy here. Nobody believes you anyways.
It never was about being tough.. anyone that read the thread would realize that.Just a simple excercise inlogic about size differences. Pacquiao thing was a hijack of the thread... not even the point.But I guess it is the sexier topic. :lmao:
FAIL

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have a point, make it. Always will to explain my thinking again for those that don't want to actually read the thread before posting.But if this is all you got...you are about 3.5 years late. Also good to check the date of thread before posting. :thumbup:edit - 2.5 years.

If you have a point, make it. Always will to explain my thinking again for those that don't want to actually read the thread before posting.But if this is all you got...you are about 3.5 years late. Also good to check the date of thread before posting. :thumbup:
I read and participated in a good bit of it. Your reasoning is still the same, and you are still an idiot.

If you have a point, make it. Always will to explain my thinking again for those that don't want to actually read the thread before posting.But if this is all you got...you are about 3.5 years late. Also good to check the date of thread before posting. :loco:
I read and participated in a good bit of it. Your reasoning is still the same, and you are still an idiot.
:) at people feeling the need to get personal over this. I always try to imagine why people would get defensive or upset over this. Only thing I can think of.... you bought this book/dvd didn't you?

Pacquiao never even fit into the original parameters.
I assume you're the same person as Matuski, no? You did posit this:
I am your size (6'2", 225lbs) and I have had this debate with friends many times.

I say with certainty I can woop any 5ft nothing 115-125lb guy pretty much regardless of boxing or other skills.

It would be like fighting a fourth grade boxer.
Yes, keep reading and you will see Pacquiao is 5'6" and was 130 when this thread was made. This all came up with someone trying to figure out where I thought the line was.I did not say I could kick Pacquiao's ###... I just don't think he could kick mine (easily).... THEN. I think my size and length/height would give me good odds. Also this is not boxing we are talking about.

All I ever said. And while I was trying to carry on like 5 different debates with 10 different people some have decided to mix all my claims together to portray me as some tough guy that said he could kick manny's ###... :loco:

Has made for an entertaining thread.. that is for sure. :)

eta - I can only keep repeating that this is not some macho thing. The parameters make the hypothetical opponent smaller than my wife.

If you have a point, make it. Always will to explain my thinking again for those that don't want to actually read the thread before posting.But if this is all you got...you are about 3.5 years late. Also good to check the date of thread before posting. :loco:
:) at people feeling the need to get personal over this. I always try to imagine why people would get defensive or upset over this. Only thing I can think of.... you bought this book/dvd didn't you?
:lmao: ETA: What you call personal and defensive is just people pointing out the fact that you are a moron. You don't need to get upset about it, just accept it.

If you have a point, make it. Always will to explain my thinking again for those that don't want to actually read the thread before posting.But if this is all you got...you are about 3.5 years late. Also good to check the date of thread before posting. :thumbup:
:lmao: at people feeling the need to get personal over this. I always try to imagine why people would get defensive or upset over this. Only thing I can think of.... you bought this book/dvd didn't you?
I don't take it personally, I just think you're incorrect.How would you go about hitting a quicker featherweight? I assume this fight does not occur in the confines of a closet.

I will add that this thread will get better in the coming years as I get older (now 33). The matuski at the beginning of this thread would kick this matuski's ### anyday.

:thumbup:

:lmao: at people feeling the need to get personal over this. I always try to imagine why people would get defensive or upset over this. Only thing I can think of.... you bought this book/dvd didn't you?
I don't take it personally, I just think you're incorrect.How would you go about hitting a quicker featherweight? I assume this fight does not occur in the confines of a closet.
On the very first page of this thread you claim to have read I say flat out I have no interest in hitting the guy and wouldn't need to.

On the very first page of this thread you claim to have read I say flat out I have no interest in hitting the guy and wouldn't need to.
For the umpteenth time when you try to grab him he is going to pound you out.
Grabbing someone is even more difficult than punching them. I am even more perplexed.
And thus the thread.Somehow my height, weight, strength, and length become a disadvantage here. I have never claimed equal speed, but I am not slow either.. so :popcorn:I obviously disagree.

Grabbing someone is even more difficult than punching them. I am even more perplexed.
And thus the thread.Somehow my height, weight, strength, and length become a disadvantage here. I have never claimed equal speed, but I am not slow either.. so :popcorn:I obviously disagree.
I'm curious, mainly b/c this thread is old, have you ever been punched by a professional or semi pro fighter of any genre?

Did you watch that fight last night guy? The other dude's head almost popped off.

What are you arguing exactly? Do you get to bring a gun?

Even though you are 1.5 times his height, weight, he is almost as strong, twice as fast and hits harder than you.

And thus the thread.Somehow my height, weight, strength, and length become a disadvantage here. I have never claimed equal speed, but I am not slow either.. so :confused:

I obviously disagree.
Even though you are 1.5 times his height, weight, he is almost as strong, twice as fast and hits harder than you.
:popcorn:

And thus the thread.Somehow my height, weight, strength, and length become a disadvantage here. I have never claimed equal speed, but I am not slow either.. so :shrug:I obviously disagree.
I'm curious, mainly b/c this thread is old, have you ever been punched by a professional or semi pro fighter of any genre?
Has been covered.. my dad boxed in school, so I'm not clueless.But no I have not, and of course would not want to. Having said that, I the first thing that comes to mind when I see a small dude is how he compares to the size we are talking about here. I have yet to find an adult male this tiny... So I my question back is have you ever been hurt by someone that small?

And thus the thread.Somehow my height, weight, strength, and length become a disadvantage here. I have never claimed equal speed, but I am not slow either.. so :shrug:

I obviously disagree.
Yeah, I'm gonna have to say you and I have a different idea of what this means.

Did you watch that fight last night guy? The other dude's head almost popped off. What are you arguing exactly? Do you get to bring a gun?
The fight lastnight has zero relevance to this fight. This has been the reason this thread gets harder and harder to keep in perspective. Over the years he gets bigger and stronger... people bump the thread thinking it has something to do with anything.It doesn't.

Has been covered.. my dad boxed in school, so I'm not clueless.But no I have not, and of course would not want to. Having said that, I the first thing that comes to mind when I see a small dude is how he compares to the size we are talking about here. I have yet to find an adult male this tiny... So I my question back is have you ever been hurt by someone that small?
:lmao: :shrug: What does your DAD boxing have to do with you? Did you spar with him? Did he kick your ### growing up?Are you saying you've never seen someone who is 5'6 or shorter? I'm :lmao:Ultimately, there is no question. You've never been hit by a pro/semi pro fighter, so the point is moot. Here is a fact, irregardless of "height" or "weight":If a fighter of any genre strikes you he is going to hurt you so bad you'll regret getting out of bed that morning. If he hits your arm you won't be able to use that arm for two weeks. If he strikes your thigh your walking days are done for two weeks. Height and weight are not the disposative factor for strength of a punch. The punch comes from the lower body and flows through the hand. But I'd imagine you already know that.

Did you watch that fight last night guy? The other dude's head almost popped off. What are you arguing exactly? Do you get to bring a gun?
The fight lastnight has zero relevance to this fight. This has been the reason this thread gets harder and harder to keep in perspective. Over the years he gets bigger and stronger... people bump the thread thinking it has something to do with anything.It doesn't.
I agree with you on this point because you'd get your ### handed to you by any local flyweight training for the city YMCA tourney.

When was the last time you were punched in the face? The "plan" usually goes out the window when you're getting punched in the face.
This is probably the best point and it has been made over and over but it doesn't matter if he hits OP in the face because a punch to the thigh will cripple him.

:lmao: :shrug: What does your DAD boxing have to do with you? Did you spar with him? Did he kick your ### growing up?Are you saying you've never seen someone who is 5'6 or shorter? I'm :lmao:Ultimately, there is no question. You've never been hit by a pro/semi pro fighter, so the point is moot. Here is a fact, irregardless of "height" or "weight":If a fighter of any genre strikes you he is going to hurt you so bad you'll regret getting out of bed that morning. If he hits your arm you won't be able to use that arm for two weeks. If he strikes your thigh your walking days are done for two weeks. Height and weight are not the disposative factor for strength of a punch. The punch comes from the lower body and flows through the hand. But I'd imagine you already know that.
Is it possible to cry, vomit and suffocate at the same time? Getting pummelled by that dude in the gut would probably cause it all to happen simultaneously before everything goes black.

:lmao: :thumbdown: What does your DAD boxing have to do with you? Did you spar with him? Did he kick your ### growing up?Are you saying you've never seen someone who is 5'6 or shorter? I'm :rolleyes:Ultimately, there is no question. You've never been hit by a pro/semi pro fighter, so the point is moot. Here is a fact, irregardless of "height" or "weight":If a fighter of any genre strikes you he is going to hurt you so bad you'll regret getting out of bed that morning. If he hits your arm you won't be able to use that arm for two weeks. If he strikes your thigh your walking days are done for two weeks. Height and weight are not the disposative factor for strength of a punch. The punch comes from the lower body and flows through the hand. But I'd imagine you already know that.
Is it possible to cry, vomit and suffocate at the same time? Getting pummelled by that dude in the gut would probably cause it all to happen simultaneously before everything goes black.
I'm still waiting to hear and understand how the hell this guy is going to avoid and overcome getting punched by someone who is going to stronger, faster, and more accustomed to being hit.

:lmao: :thumbdown: What does your DAD boxing have to do with you? Did you spar with him? Did he kick your ### growing up?Are you saying you've never seen someone who is 5'6 or shorter? I'm :rolleyes:Ultimately, there is no question. You've never been hit by a pro/semi pro fighter, so the point is moot. Here is a fact, irregardless of "height" or "weight":If a fighter of any genre strikes you he is going to hurt you so bad you'll regret getting out of bed that morning. If he hits your arm you won't be able to use that arm for two weeks. If he strikes your thigh your walking days are done for two weeks. Height and weight are not the disposative factor for strength of a punch. The punch comes from the lower body and flows through the hand. But I'd imagine you already know that.
And so goes the thread. Someone gets a little info out of me and runs wild. My point was not a denial of anything you say... to the contrary. My dad boxed, I get it.And after all the long posts, he still has to hit me. If he hit me with a good shot I'm sure that would be trouble, I would have no intention of letting this happen.These posts are not new.The theme of the smaller guy always having superhuman powers to overcome my suddenly worthless advantages is prevalent here.PS - You used the non-word "irregardless" so I can't take this post too seriously.

I'm still waiting to hear and understand how the hell this guy is going to avoid and overcome getting punched by someone who is going to stronger, faster, and more accustomed to being hit.
I could just lay on my back. :lmao:Like I said, nothing macho about this.

Has been covered.. my dad boxed in school, so I'm not clueless.

But no I have not, and of course would not want to. Having said that, I the first thing that comes to mind when I see a small dude is how he compares to the size we are talking about here. I have yet to find an adult male this tiny...

So I my question back is have you ever been hurt by someone that small?
:lmao: :thumbdown:

What does your DAD boxing have to do with you? Did you spar with him? Did he kick your ### growing up?

Are you saying you've never seen someone who is 5'6 or shorter? I'm :rolleyes:

Ultimately, there is no question. You've never been hit by a pro/semi pro fighter, so the point is moot.

Here is a fact, irregardless of "height" or "weight":

If a fighter of any genre strikes you he is going to hurt you so bad you'll regret getting out of bed that morning. If he hits your arm you won't be able to use that arm for two weeks. If he strikes your thigh your walking days are done for two weeks.

Height and weight are not the disposative factor for strength of a punch. The punch comes from the lower body and flows through the hand. But I'd imagine you already know that.
And so goes the thread. Someone gets a little info out of me and runs wild. My point was not a denial of anything you say... to the contrary. My dad boxed, I get it.And after all the long posts, he still has to hit me. If he hit me with a good shot I'm sure that would be trouble, I would have no intention of letting this happen.

These posts are not new.

The theme of the smaller guy always having superhuman powers to overcome my suddenly worthless advantages is prevalent here.

PS - You used the non-word "irregardless" so I can't take this post too seriously.
:lmao: You are as wrong about irregardless as you are about your abilities.I just don't see you having ANY advantage, much less "advantages".

When was the last time you were punched in the face? The "plan" usually goes out the window when you're getting punched in the face.
This is probably the best point and it has been made over and over but it doesn't matter if he hits OP in the face because a punch to the thigh will cripple him.
Could be. But I can't find someone this small to even measure them up. :thumbdown:And him punching me in the face would be tough imo... being a foot above him and all.

Yeah, I'm gonna have to say you and I have a different idea of what this means.
I thought my point was obvious. Boxers, even fetherweight boxers are pretty much just as strong as you are. They also will hit harder and know where/how to hit you.

Could be. But I can't find someone this small to even measure them up. :thumbdown:And him punching me in the face would be tough imo... being a foot above him and all.
Go to the local boxing gym, if you are in a big enough city I'm sure there are some flyweights around. Spar with them and let us know how it went.

But no I have not, and of course would not want to. Having said that, I the first thing that comes to mind when I see a small dude is how he compares to the size we are talking about here. I have yet to find an adult male this tiny...

What does your DAD boxing have to do with you? Did you spar with him? Did he kick your ### growing up?

Ultimately, there is no question. You've never been hit by a pro/semi pro fighter, so the point is moot.

If a fighter of any genre strikes you he is going to hurt you so bad you'll regret getting out of bed that morning. If he hits your arm you won't be able to use that arm for two weeks. If he strikes your thigh your walking days are done for two weeks.

Height and weight are not the disposative factor for strength of a punch. The punch comes from the lower body and flows through the hand. But I'd imagine you already know that.
And so goes the thread. Someone gets a little info out of me and runs wild. My point was not a denial of anything you say... to the contrary. My dad boxed, I get it.And after all the long posts, he still has to hit me. If he hit me with a good shot I'm sure that would be trouble, I would have no intention of letting this happen.

These posts are not new.

The theme of the smaller guy always having superhuman powers to overcome my suddenly worthless advantages is prevalent here.

PS - You used the non-word "irregardless" so I can't take this post too seriously.
:lmao: You are as wrong about irregardless as you are about your abilities.I just don't see you having ANY advantage, much less "advantages".
Can you find me a google image of a man this small that isn't a horse jockey?I'm not kidding.

These posts are not new.

Can you find me a google image of a man this small that isn't a horse jockey?I'm not kidding.
What size do you want? Someone 5'6? 5'1?

Within the parameters of the original discussion.. closer to 5' and 120lb or less.The MMA tiny guys have been posted... didn't sway me. Also doesn't give me any perspective when tiny guy fights tiny guy. (Aside from me usually thinking the ref could take em both at the same time).

Withing the parameters of the original discussion.. closer to 5' and 120lb or less.The MMA tiny guys have been posted... didn't sway me. Also doesn't give me any perspective when tiny guy fights tiny guy.
There is never going to be an instance of a 5'1-5'2 pro fighting a 6' - 6'2 pro. But that isn't the case here, unless, you've recently taken up boxing or mma as a hobby or career. For lack of a better term you are a layman. Your argument, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that your height and weight overcomes the fighter's experience and training.

:lmao: :goodposting: What does your DAD boxing have to do with you? Did you spar with him? Did he kick your ### growing up?Are you saying you've never seen someone who is 5'6 or shorter? I'm :confused:Ultimately, there is no question. You've never been hit by a pro/semi pro fighter, so the point is moot. Here is a fact, irregardless of "height" or "weight":If a fighter of any genre strikes you he is going to hurt you so bad you'll regret getting out of bed that morning. If he hits your arm you won't be able to use that arm for two weeks. If he strikes your thigh your walking days are done for two weeks. Height and weight are not the disposative factor for strength of a punch. The punch comes from the lower body and flows through the hand. But I'd imagine you already know that.
And so goes the thread. Someone gets a little info out of me and runs wild. My point was not a denial of anything you say... to the contrary. My dad boxed, I get it.And after all the long posts, he still has to hit me. If he hit me with a good shot I'm sure that would be trouble, I would have no intention of letting this happen.These posts are not new.The theme of the smaller guy always having superhuman powers to overcome my suddenly worthless advantages is prevalent here.PS - You used the non-word "irregardless" so I can't take this post too seriously.
Dude, he is a world class athlete. You have zero understanding of the mammoth gap between him and you in terms of speed, conditioning and skill. Nobody is giving him super-powers, they're attempting to convey this difference to you.He feeds his family by beating other world class athletes senseless. He is a thoroughbred. You are a donkey pulling a cart filled with vegetables.

Dude, he is a world class athlete. You have zero understanding of the mammoth gap between him and you in terms of speed, conditioning and skill. Nobody is giving him super-powers, they're attempting to convey this difference to you.He feeds his family by beating other world class athletes senseless. He is a thoroughbred. You are a donkey pulling a cart filled with vegetables.
Who's "he"? Is Balance fighting Paquiao now?glll

:lmao: :goodposting: What does your DAD boxing have to do with you? Did you spar with him? Did he kick your ### growing up?Are you saying you've never seen someone who is 5'6 or shorter? I'm :confused:Ultimately, there is no question. You've never been hit by a pro/semi pro fighter, so the point is moot. Here is a fact, irregardless of "height" or "weight":If a fighter of any genre strikes you he is going to hurt you so bad you'll regret getting out of bed that morning. If he hits your arm you won't be able to use that arm for two weeks. If he strikes your thigh your walking days are done for two weeks. Height and weight are not the disposative factor for strength of a punch. The punch comes from the lower body and flows through the hand. But I'd imagine you already know that.
:lmao: this is pure gold. It is why this thread is the best thread EVER!How is op's situation any different than that of those poor dumb asses who fought kimbo slice? They got destroyed and he wasn't even a pro or semi pro fighter. He was a bouncer for a porn company.

Dude, he is a world class athlete. You have zero understanding of the mammoth gap between him and you in terms of speed, conditioning and skill. Nobody is giving him super-powers, they're attempting to convey this difference to you.

He feeds his family by beating other world class athletes senseless.

He is a thoroughbred. You are a donkey pulling a cart filled with vegetables.
Any one of these 100 gentlemen. And many, many more. He did say he'd give himself good odds with Pac, though. What exactly are "good odds"? I assumed it to mean he would see himself as the favorite.http://www.iboboxing.com/rankings/126.html

Withing the parameters of the original discussion.. closer to 5' and 120lb or less.The MMA tiny guys have been posted... didn't sway me. Also doesn't give me any perspective when tiny guy fights tiny guy.
There is never going to be an instance of a 5'1-5'2 pro fighting a 6' - 6'2 pro. But that isn't the case here, unless, you've recently taken up boxing or mma as a hobby or career. For lack of a better term you are a layman. Your argument, and correct me if I'm wrong, is that your height and weight overcomes the fighter's experience and training.
When the example is me at 6'2 225 versus a 5'1-5'2 115-120 pound guy, this is what I'm saying.The smallest guys I know in this world dwarf the hypothetical fighter we are talking about.

The average 11-12 year old girl is 5 ft +, this 12 year old girl is at 124 lbs. 12 old girls are taller and bigger than this window we are discussing.

The hardest part about this is that I have to look at 12 year old girls to get an idea of the size I am debating.

eta - if I use boys it is even worse... 10 year olds.

When the example is me at 6'2 225 versus a 5'1-5'2 115-120 pound guy, this is what I'm saying.The smallest guys I know in this world dwarf the hypothetical fighter we are talking about.

The average 11-12 year old girl is 5 ft +, this 12 year old girl is at 124 lbs. 12 old girls are taller and bigger than this window we are discussing.

The hardest part about this is that I have to look at 12 year old girls to get an idea of the size I am debating.
:rolleyes: what are you talking about????Someone just posted a list of flyweights all of those people are 5'- 5'6 or so. Haven't you watched a flyweight boxing match before?

Either way why does that matter to you? What does it matter if the guy is 5 or 5'6 you are still significantly taller and heavier. If you where 6'4 and 280 you think you could take down a lightweight, middleweight or a welterweight pro?

:lmao: :rolleyes:

Are you saying you've never seen someone who is 5'6 or shorter? I'm :confused:

These posts are not new.

Dude, he is a world class athlete. You have zero understanding of the mammoth gap between him and you in terms of speed, conditioning and skill. Nobody is giving him super-powers, they're attempting to convey this difference to you.He feeds his family by beating other TINY world class athletes senseless.

Fixed, and well played.When you use the word "is" it only makes me think that you are picturing the Pacquiao that fought this weekend.

That isn't the discussion.

In fact the whole Pacquiao thing should be left for dead... unless Pacq plans on losing 20 pounds.

:lmao: what are you talking about????Someone just posted a list of flyweights all of those people are 5'- 5'6 or so. Haven't you watched a flyweight boxing match before?

Either way why does that matter to you? What does it matter if the guy is 5 or 5'6 you are still significantly taller and heavier. If you where 6'4 and 280 you think you could take down a lightweight, middleweight or a welterweight pro?
The post above was me trying to find some real life person that I can compare size to. 12 year old girls seem to be the only thing I can find. I am pretty much convinced that no man this small exists outside of tiny man boxing and horse jockeys.And the flyweights can't knock each other out much less someone they have to jump to hit and is 100 pounds+ bigger.

But I've been through this 10 times in this thread already.

:lmao: :lmao:

Are you saying you've never seen someone who is 5'6 or shorter? I'm :confused:

These posts are not new.

Dude, he is a world class athlete. You have zero understanding of the mammoth gap between him and you in terms of speed, conditioning and skill. Nobody is giving him super-powers, they're attempting to convey this difference to you.He feeds his family by beating other TINY world class athletes senseless.

Fixed, and well played.When you use the word "is" it only makes me think that you are picturing the Pacquiao that fought this weekend.

That isn't the discussion.

In fact the whole Pacquiao thing should be left for dead... unless Pacq plans on losing 20 pounds.
Alright, how bout Isreal Vasquez then? 5'4" 124. And he's not even the best flyweight in the world.And I used "is" because that's what he "is". He was just as bad ### at 125 as he is at 145.

I think its silly that you think an extra twenty pounds is the difference between you getting beat up by a world champion, and you being able to manhandle him. I would take a one-armed, drunk, 125 pound Manny Pac with cancer over any guy I see on the street. Dude is scary.

The post above was me trying to find some real life person that I can compare size to. 12 year old girls seem to be the only thing I can find. I am pretty much convinced that no man this small exists outside of tiny man boxing and horse jockeys.And the flyweights can't knock each other out much less someone they have to jump to hit and is 100 pounds+ bigger.But I've been through this 10 times in this thread already.
But in doing so you completely ignore that the people they are trying to knock out are pro's and you are not. Not to mention that they are boxing wearing heavy gloves. You think without the gloves they'd still go 12?

Dude, he is a world class athlete. You have zero understanding of the mammoth gap between him and you in terms of speed, conditioning and skill. Nobody is giving him super-powers, they're attempting to convey this difference to you.

He feeds his family by beating other world class athletes senseless.

Any one of these 100 gentlemen. And many, many more. He did say he'd give himself good odds with Pac, though. What exactly are "good odds"? I assumed it to mean he would see himself as the favorite.http://www.iboboxing.com/rankings/126.html
You may want to list the height of said boxers. Actually 126 lbs doesn't fit either. So no, noonne on that list.Not that anyone seems to be concerned with sticking to the topic, but rather how many examples they can find outside the given boundries.

Users who are viewing this thread