What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game Thread Week 3 - Minnesota@Detroit (2 Viewers)

GB the Viqueens stupid play calling... 3 passes from the 3 when they have that awesome line. Settle for 3.
I think Tice has Culpepper on his fantasy team and that he's going againt Moe this week. How do the Minn. RBs have only 5 carries in a half while they attempt 18 passes?

The Vikings get the ball in the 2nd half, look for them to run the ball a lot more, especially if Culpepper is playing. They didn't give it to Moe on that last drive because they only had one timeout left, run it twice and not get in and suddenly they are scrambling to get a play off to get any points.

The Vikings get the ball in the 2nd half, look for them to run the ball a lot more, especially if Culpepper is playing. They didn't give it to Moe on that last drive because they only had one timeout left, run it twice and not get in and suddenly they are scrambling to get a play off to get any points.
With that line, you have to try at least one run. Not that I mind, being a Lions fan. Daunte's status unknown.

Daunte is OUT with lower back contusion. Frerotte to stay in.
Crapola. :wall: At least I got 18 from him in the first half. Hopefully it's not serious enough to keep him out past this game.

Yikes. That sucks for C-Pep owners, but it's not like the guy didn't already rack up over 15 points this week easily.
this sucks. My league is primarily yardage based, I only got 6 points out of Culpepper's td's.

here's hoping Gus stinks it up and Daunte checks back in cuz I have a feeling I'll need all the pts I can get this week.. unless the pain is too immense or the risk of re-aggravation too great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Daunte is not even on the sidelines right now. Lions 2nd and 9 from Vikings 48.
I think that could actually be a good sign, that he's getting some work done and might come back in.. if he was on the sidelines it would in all likelihood mean he was ruled out for the rest of the game.. but I guess we'll wait and see.

Daunte is not even on the sidelines right now. Lions 2nd and 9 from Vikings 48.
I think that could actually be a good sign, that he's getting some work done and might come back in.. if he was on the sidelines it would in all likelihood mean he was ruled out for the rest of the game.. but I guess we'll wait and see.
Or... he could be changing into some street clothes... :(

:rotflmao: These announcers are such crybaby pansies. "That flag had better not be on Irvin or I'm gonna go nuts... Tom White you're an idiot... waaaa waaaa"

1st down Lions on Irvin Pass Interference call.

Edit: didn't know that word goes unfiltered.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would just like to pat myself on the back for picking up and starting Kelly Campbell 5 minutes before game time when I heard that Chad Johnson would be benched (which he's not). :D

Moss is shutting himself down. For one thing he is sick (stomach flu) and he isn't giving it 100%, he's being targeted by the QBs, he just keeps dropping them.Seriously between Moss and Campbell dropping passes, the Vikings QBs had maybe 4 passes that shouldn't have been caught all game.

Still nothing new.
I doubt they will put Culpepper back in, especially with the Vikings starting to pull away. Lock him up for a week and get ready for their first huge challenge, the 49ers.

I doubt they will put Culpepper back in, especially with the Vikings starting to pull away. Lock him up for a week and get ready for their first huge challenge, the 49ers.
That's cool... but have the announcers said anything specific about the injury?

Almost? I can't imagine he'd go change back into his uni.
It's Tice, expect the unexpected. It didn't seem that Culpepper was hurt that bad and I think that if the Lions start to comeback, we might see Culpepper at the end of the game.

Culpepper is in street clothes on the sideline, almost surely out for the rest of the game.
But does it look like he's in any pain? Have the announcers said anything about early prognosis? The rest of my team is underperforming these days, and if Pepper is out for more than this game, I'm in big trouble.

Frerotte has more yards but less completions but has he looked good?? he got it to Moss one time so far... but has he looked any good??

What does that mean? I can't see the game. I'm relying on you guys to be my eyes for me.
What are the guys watching it looking for? Tears? Just kind of funny, "Does he look like he's in pain?!"Queens punt --- touchback.Announcers still suck.

Frerotte has more yards but less completions but has he looked good?? he got it to Moss one time so far... but has he looked any good??
He's got two 72-yarders. I don't know how he's looked as I'm just listening to it, but it doesn't sound like he's been very special. Pretty much the same :wall: guy from Washington.

What are the guys watching it looking for? Tears? Just kind of funny, "Does he look like he's in pain?!"Queens punt --- touchback.Announcers still suck.
I would look for laughing and high fives vs being on crutches, arm in a sling, etc.But thanks anways, jackasz.

Users who are viewing this thread