What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Football Guys Letting us down (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommy The Tuna

Footballguy
No info last week on the K-Rob benching. Ok, we can let that one go. But now this week we get nothing on Shaun Alexander being in the hospital with his wife and not on the field? I see posts here giving this info as early as just after 3:00pm. Why don't I see an email in my inbox letting me know this so I can substitute in Morris? What the hell did I pay $20 for? For exactly this situation!!!! Ya I'm venting, but I got a big divisional game up in smoke now! Who else is pissed?

should FBG's be camped outside all stadiums with cells connected to David and Joe???? get over it... he is in now... if you dont want to give FBG $20 than send it to me. complaining about how people do not know ALL information around here is :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

thats why i dident subscribe, you'd think they would know this.... i did hear the espn guys say that his wife was pregnant last week on countdown

Looks like you should get phone numbers for all your starters. No other pay sources had this info either from what I have heard. BTW..not sure if you noticed but he is playing and playing well...

I do feel like this is the kind of info we pay for.However, I guess it's no one's fault really.

I see posts here giving this info as early as just after 3:00pm.
The first post on this was slightly after 4:00 pm (the baord time shows 3:00, but i assure you it was after 4 EST). The announcers didn't even mention it until the opening kickoff was literally in the air

I do feel like this is the kind of info we pay for.
WHAT!!!!we pay for the draft dominators and VBD apps. we pay for the articles and email updates. we pay for us to be in the 15K contest. we pay for a lot of things that are offered to us at a marginal price throughout the whole season.we dont pay for people to stalk the players and know where they are 24/7!! geez... get over all of your high horses if you are complaining about this because it is childish behavior if you are complaining. if complaining about alexander missing a quarter due to his wife having a baby is your biggest worry... i wish i was living your lives.

shut your hole!he missed maybe 22 minutesin case you don't know, babies come when they want to. she probably went into labor early enough this morning that the team expected him to play. hence, no report.ps if you'd known would you have benched him? i bet you'll be damn glad you didn't!

No info last week on the K-Rob benching. Ok, we can let that one go. But now this week we get nothing on Shaun Alexander being in the hospital with his wife and not on the field? I see posts here giving this info as early as just after 3:00pm. Why don't I see an email in my inbox letting me know this so I can substitute in Morris? What the hell did I pay $20 for? For exactly this situation!!!! Ya I'm venting, but I got a big divisional game up in smoke now! Who else is pissed?
It had nothing to do with Holmgren not letting anyone know, it was all FBG's fault. :sleep:

I agree. You should have had this information.Then you could've called your commissioner, benched him, then complained that FBG sent out irrelevant information because Alexander still got in the game and had a good day and FBG shouldn't have caused such a panic. :rolleyes:

thats why i dident subscribe, you'd think they would know this.... i did hear the espn guys say that his wife was pregnant last week on countdown
You sir, are a moron.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Buh-Bye

Hey Tommy, CHILL!I own SA and KRob and took the hit as well. I didn't know SA wife was pregnant (Dang, is there no woman safe from Joe Horn!!!! :shock: )Seriously, FBG did the best they could do given the time they had to act on it.

If you are truly unhappy, I am sure David and Joe will give you a refund for your subscription. There are certain limitations to the info that we can provide, and both situations fall into extremely hard to predict category.Alexander came in during the second quarter. I am thinking if we told people he may miss the game for the birth of his child, people would really be bent to hear he played three quarters.E-mail dodds@footballguys.com and bryant@footballguys.com and let them know your feelings. I know we all wish we would have had that information for you but it just wasn't something anyone was aware of.

I think you guys should layoff the FBG slammin. I started Alexander this week and yes I was mad when i found out, but its not their fault. I'm sure it wasn't publicised in Seattle until late so how could the FBG get it out in time. I've seen what other sites put out and it doesn't come close to the depth and quantity that the FBG provide. This year I was looking for free copies of a DD and the FBG were the only ones that had it- plus you didn't have to be a member to get it. We wouldn't be on this board if it weren't for them. Yeah sometimes there may be mistakes, and sometimes stuff may get there late, but the quality is what counts. Check out some of their competition before you slam them, you'll see that no one else can compare.

Morris has 0 carries for 0 yards.

You, sir, are an idiot.

I have Marcel Shipp and Michael Bennett on a dynasty team. Hambrick is my #2 RB and he had a bye. (As if)Sitting way at the end of my bench was Tony Hollings. Got the daily email from Joe and Co. that Hollings would get his shot this week and started him. I got 41 yards from him and would have only had 25 from Shipp. I think I'm gonna squeek out a win this week thanks to Joe and Co.'s heads up. I had Shaun last year and once you own Shaun in FF you know all too well that Holmgren absolutely does not give this guy the ball enough. It's downright silly to not give him the ball and be considerred a great offensive mind. Anyhow Shaun had his typical number of carries irregardless of his wife giving birth.

If you're going to pay 20.00 and expect every single bit of data handed to you on a silver platter, you'll never win consistently. FBG is a great site and value for the money....but it's not the only place you should refer to in making your decisions. If you do that, you deserve to get burned.I looked at my 20.00 this way...if I bought two magazines at 6.00 a piece, that'd be 12.00. Those magazines were written in April/May and printed in June. Instead of buying those, I went all internet in my research, then spent the extra "8.00" for the depth charts, cheat sheets, VBD App, etc....PLUS an entire season's worth of email updates and subscriber only info.Try winning your league(s) with a couple of crappy magazines if you dont' like it here.

I am going to start a site that claims to know who is going to be good and who is going to suck. Like I would have known that McCallister was going to suck this week, and that alexander would miss the game. Then when I miss something and some one posts something like this I am going to bring up their subscription info, take their $20 buy a ticket to where ever they live and slap them. The enjoyment I would get out of it would be worth all the $ I had to pay to do it. Oh yeah, Deepster, can I marry your avatar?

Hi Tommy,As David Dodson said, shoot me an email and I'll be glad to refund your $19.95 and cancel your subscription if you're as unsatisfied as you appear here. We don't want anyone to feel like they didn't get their money's worth from our service.Hope you have a great season.J

Hi Tommy,As David Dodson said, shoot me an email and I'll be glad to refund your $19.95 and cancel your subscription if you're as unsatisfied as you appear here. We don't want anyone to feel like they didn't get their money's worth from our service.Hope you have a great season.J
JB is way too nice. :rant:

JB is way too nice. :rant:
I agree!! :thumbup:

Why are there so many suckers so quick to defend? I am a subscriber that did so out of choice. But that kind of info is what I was hoping for. All you defenders are losers who have nothing better to do than to defend you imaginary friends.
What's with all the fishing trips lately? :thumbdown:Or are they really just stupid people... :confused:

Why are there so many suckers so quick to defend? I am a subscriber that did so out of choice. But that kind of info is what I was hoping for. All you defenders are losers who have nothing better to do than to defend you imaginary friends.
I think the issue is just like the Krob suspension last week, there were no reports that Alexander was going to miss part of the game. I'm not sure what you expect Joe Bryant to do. Unless I'm mistaken Joe doesn't have inside sources for each of the 32 teams around the league that can dig up every piece of information on every player. If you can find a AP report that said Alexander was going to miss time and Joe didn't get that out I can see that. I heard nothing until kickoff.You can not have unrealistic expectations for what you expect this site to provide. Or I guess you can and ask for a refund, or not subscribe next year. These people are not my imaginary friends, in fact I've never spoken to any of the FBG's, but I do appriecate what I get for my $20.

can't we grandfather in everyone who used to be on the old board and allow all of us to go back?i don't know why, but the dynamic has definitely changed on the new board this season.the shark pool used to be full of good debates, discussion of fantasy football theory, and the latest breaking football news.now it's proclamations of how people predicted the demise of some players and the excellence of others, questions asking the most trivial questions that can be simply found by using the search function, and people bashing the site and each other. :thumbdown: i miss the good "old" days. :(

Had we said that Alexander may miss the game due to the birth of his child what would you have done differently?

I think the most important piece of this debate is that FBG is a "news gathering" service. In other words they review and summarize the news that is initially reported from other services (i.e. ESPN, local news stations, etc.) If ESPN or local news had reported the SA situation sooner, FBG would have as well. It's not as if FBG has reporters cornering players and coaches for information as they enter and leave the stadium like ESPN and local news organizations. If you are going to be upset about this, be upset that ESPN or the local Seattle media didn't break this story sooner.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am noticing a conspicuous absence of Praise for the exact same situation with Chad Johnson this morning, where I got THREE e-mails from the FBG's about the situation.

I was at work and caught out of the corner of my eye the ESPN ticker saying Johnson was out - Disciplinary action.

I literally ran to the computer at 9:45 to pull Johnson out of 4 leagues, after checking my e-mails to confirm first.

There were 2 there giving as much info as anybody knew.

In the process of pulling Chad out of my lineups on a CRAPPY connection, I get the third from Dodds saying he will play, just not start.

I RE-put in Chad in the lineup in the one league I had time for(9:54) at least, but I wouldn't have if I hadn't got that third e-mail, which should help me to a win, considering the replacement there was Corey Bradford.

Whine and moan for some perceived slight all you want, but I want to thank David for the extra effort. :thumbup: Good job Guys.

First K-Rob last week, now SA. Man, you guys who are railing against FBGs are nuts! I don't hear too much about what a great job they did on the Chad Johnson situation. I went against their info and benched him, but did it ON MY OWN!C'mon people--what fun is it, really, if you dominate a league of guppies, sharks, or both if you are only blindly following someone else's advice? The greatest FF victories I remember are those where I've gone on my own analysis, regardless of how the "experts" felt, and was proven correct. (case in point--benching Rod Smith for R.Wayne today. shoulda benched Moss for Hilliard too, but...)Hey, I love FBGs. I also subscribe to another service because hey, nobody gets it all right all the time. And if $20 is too much for everything else we get around here without knowing when SA's wife's water broke, then just shut up and leave! The rest of us don't need you tying up the server.

Ban his user ID while you're at it, Joe! Yea!!!

I am noticing a conspicuous absence of Praise for the exact same situation with Chad Johnson this morning, where I got THREE e-mails from the FBG's about the situation.

I was at work and caught out of the corner of my eye the ESPN ticker saying Johnson was out - Disciplinary action.

I literally ran to the computer at 9:45 to pull Johnson out of 4 leagues, after checking my e-mails to confirm first.

In the process of pulling Chad out of my lineups on a CRAPPY connection, I get the third from Dodds saying he will play, just not start.

I RE-put in Chad in the lineup in the one league I had time for(9:54) at least, but I wouldn't have if I hadn't got that third e-mail, which should help me to a win, considering the replacement there was Corey Bradford.

Whine and moan for some perceived slight all you want, but I want to thank David for the extra effort. :thumbup: Good job Guys.
you beat me to this... I also heard word about Johnson not starting. Many said he was out for the game. I went to the league I had him in and took him out. When I went to close it down to go watch football, I got the email from FBG saying he isn't out, just not starting.

I decided to go back and put him back in. He didn't have a super game, but a decent one. Much better than the guy I put in for him (Q Morgan :yucky: ).

I'd also like to thank David and Joe and the gang for the prompt email service. I know it's next to impossible to know these things all the time. These guys bombard me with information all week long. I was one last week questioning about why the didn't know Krob wasn't playing. Then I realized that NO ONE knew til game time. I apologized for that and swore I had nothing but good things to say about FBG from that point on.

FBG - don't let the few disgruntled mar what is a great service you are providing. I, for one, salute you..

LOL.. I was at the game and didn't know until kick off,,, #### happens,, get over it... I was shocked that he got there by 1:30,, his wife didn't give birth till 12:37... Was he speeding?? He was fired up his first couple runs,, both for first downs.... Shaun left for 12, Shaun left for 17, Shaun up the middle for 3... 32 yds in three plays... Then Hasselbeck takes a 16 yard sack and fumbles... Shaun never did seem to get that fire back for the rest of the game.. Was still a great game,, but the Seahawk offense has a ways to go.. They got to get of to an early start..

Boy one little ball busting post and everybody gets all serious! You guys do a great job Joe. Just talkin a little smack and tryin to see how many pissed off SAlex owners there were.

Thanks Twilight. Yeah, we probably beat the Chad Johnson thing to death. I had several people tonight tell me they wanted off the mailing list as I sent too much stuff. Oh well. ;)

Here's what I sent in my 2nd email telling folks that he'd likely play: Following up on a previous Update, the team's official web site, bengals.com is confirming that Chad Johnson, who leads the team with 226 yards on 14 catches, won't start against the Steelers this morning because of disciplinary reasons.

Rookie free-agent Lawrence Hamilton gets his first NFL start, but Johnson is expected to play.

The violation apparently involves his attendance at one of the meetings over the weekend leading up to the game.

Glad it worked out for you.

J

Boy one little ball busting post and everybody gets all serious! You guys do a great job Joe. Just talkin a little smack and tryin to see how many pissed off SAlex owners there were.
Nice try to save face but it's too late. You hang around here enough and you would know that original post would get you killed. It did.

Hi Tommy,

As David Dodson said, shoot me an email and I'll be glad to refund your $19.95 and cancel your subscription if you're as unsatisfied as you appear here. We don't want anyone to feel like they didn't get their money's worth from our service.

Hope you have a great season.

J
Hi Tommy.Yeah, I take this thing drop dead serious. When I have a customer say " Why don't I see an email in my inbox letting me know this so I can substitute in Morris? What the hell did I pay $20 for? For exactly this situation!!!! Ya I'm venting, but I got a big divisional game up in smoke now! Who else is pissed? " I want to make sure they're satisfied with their 19.95 or else refund their money.

I take this stuff very seriously.

J

Hi Tommy,

As David Dodson said, shoot me an email and I'll be glad to refund your $19.95 and cancel your subscription if you're as unsatisfied as you appear here.  We don't want anyone to feel like they didn't get their money's worth from our service.

J
Hi Tommy.Yeah, I take this thing drop dead serious. When I have a customer say " Why don't I see an email in my inbox letting me know this so I can substitute in Morris? What the hell did I pay $20 for? For exactly this situation!!!! Ya I'm venting, but I got a big divisional game up in smoke now! Who else is pissed? " I want to make sure they're satisfied with their 19.95 or else refund their money.

J
waaaayyyy toooooooo seriously!!!!!!!!!!

Hi Tommy,

As David Dodson said, shoot me an email and I'll be glad to refund your $19.95 and cancel your subscription if you're as unsatisfied as you appear here.  We don't want anyone to feel like they didn't get their money's worth from our service.

J

J
waaaayyyy toooooooo seriously!!!!!!!!!!
C'mon guy, you even said "2nd week in a row".

Tuna,If you are going to solely rely on FBG to get you a league championship, then that says all we need to know...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread