Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Woz

***Official*** FFA iDating Thread

Little background: Was married for 19+ and recently separated, but we are done. I've been on idating sites for about a week and need help from the collective with a few things while I sift through 4+ years and 159 pages of threads and postings. First, is winking worth a damn? Second, on match, I keep getting these IM's from women out of state...wtf is that? lonely or scam of some sort? Last, are the best sites match, okcupid, and eharmony or are there others?

Don't wink.Ignore out of state.Best site varies by area. Makes sense to start with the free ones though. I liked okcupid best. IMO if you answer enough of the questions, the "percentage match" thing is more accurate than anything I've seen on any other site. YMMV.
Agreed on all here.I liked OKCupid and Plentyoffish.com the most. After doing online dating on and off for 4 years and probably 30+ first dates, I finally met "the one" on OKCupid and had extremely high match ratings with her based on their hundreds of questions you can answer (if you chose to). Full disclosure though, OKCupid only played a role. My girlfriend's cousin , with whom I play volleyball with, tried to set us up thinking we would be cute together. Nothing ever came of it because she met someone else, but a month later OKCupid delivered her profile to my email suggesting I check her out...I recognized the picture, emailed her, and we are amazing together.

Just for kicks, I did a search my competition (men looking for women) on POF. I was shocked to see the number of tardballs. Not only that, but do they really think cheap sunglasses in their main profile make them look good? Things just got that much easier...

Probably my most favorite part of online dating was getting forwards from girls I was communicating with about the "tardballs" that were emailing them that had no shot....or had a shot based on pics and just completely ruined it by what they had to say. Flat out hilarious to see the different angles guys take and how clueless they are when it comes to not just women, but the communicating in the English language period.

Just for kicks, I did a search my competition (men looking for women) on POF. I was shocked to see the number of tardballs. Not only that, but do they really think cheap sunglasses in their main profile make them look good? Things just got that much easier...

Probably my most favorite part of online dating was getting forwards from girls I was communicating with about the "tardballs" that were emailing them that had no shot....or had a shot based on pics and just completely ruined it by what they had to say. Flat out hilarious to see the different angles guys take and how clueless they are when it comes to not just women, but the communicating in the English language period.
Here's another gem from my friend who is testing out Match and getting some pretty sweet replies from various 'tardballs':

One random fact about me - I was born without a sense of smell. What that means for you? You can fart and I wouldn't know, assuming you didn't make any noise when you did it...

Nice opener, guy :thumbup:

I'll add my thoughts from a woman who dates women perspective. Not sure if this will spark much interest here

:lmao:
Ahh, yes ... rookie mistake in the FFA ;)
I was sporting half a chub by the end of the first paragraph.
:goodposting: More updates please from, ahem, beavers.

I once wrote a personal ad for a female friend with whom I had a bet that I could find her a good date on Craigslist. I got like sixty replies before I shut it down in a couple days, and about 58 of them were completely ######ed. If you have a good command of the english language, are not a complete idiot, and you don't look like a statue of dog #### on a rainy day, you will clean up online

After three weeks, I'm trying to figure out which one applies to me. :bag:

I once wrote a personal ad for a female friend with whom I had a bet that I could find her a good date on Craigslist. I got like sixty replies before I shut it down in a couple days, and about 58 of them were completely ######ed. If you have a good command of the english language, are not a complete idiot, and you don't look like a statue of dog #### on a rainy day, you will clean up online

After three weeks, I'm trying to figure out which one applies to me. :bag:
Sadly I know the answer for me.

What's the % match/friend/enemy on okc?

Little background: Was married for 19+ and recently separated, but we are done. I've been on idating sites for about a week and need help from the collective with a few things while I sift through 4+ years and 159 pages of threads and postings. First, is winking worth a damn? Second, on match, I keep getting these IM's from women out of state...wtf is that? lonely or scam of some sort? Last, are the best sites match, okcupid, and eharmony or are there others?

Don't wink.Ignore out of state.Best site varies by area. Makes sense to start with the free ones though. I liked okcupid best. IMO if you answer enough of the questions, the "percentage match" thing is more accurate than anything I've seen on any other site. YMMV.

Here's another gem from my friend who is testing out Match and getting some pretty sweet replies from various 'tardballs':

One random fact about me - I was born without a sense of smell. What that means for you? You can fart and I wouldn't know, assuming you didn't make any noise when you did it...

Nice opener, guy :thumbup:

HFS

:lmao:

Is it a bad idea to have "casual sex" checked on my OKCupid profile, along with "short-term dating?" Or should I just go with the short-term dating and leave it at that?

Is it a bad idea to have "casual sex" checked on my OKCupid profile, along with "short-term dating?" Or should I just go with the short-term dating and leave it at that?

Leave everything checked or nothing checked imo. Lots of chicks are dtf even if it doesn't say casual sex. It just means they won't bend over in the first five minutes. Leaving it checked but other things unchecked generally gives off a sleaze vibe. If you're really hot you can get away with that.

Leave everything checked or nothing checked imo. Lots of chicks are dtf even if it doesn't say casual sex. It just means they won't bend over in the first five minutes. Leaving it checked but other things unchecked generally gives off a sleaze vibe. If you're really hot you can get away with that.
Actually, I think I have everything checked except the long-distance penpals and long-term dating. I've got new friends, activity partners, short-term dating, and casual sex. You think that's ok?

Actually, I think I have everything checked except the long-distance penpals and long-term dating. I've got new friends, activity partners, short-term dating, and casual sex. You think that's ok?
I'd change it but you're fine. It's not going to make any difference. If she likes you, she likes you. If she doesn't it's not going to be from checking casual sex.

I'd change it but you're fine. It's not going to make any difference. If she likes you, she likes you. If she doesn't it's not going to be from checking casual sex.
Ok, thanks. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't too much of a sleazy/creepy vibe to have it checked.

Isn't there a filter where they can auto exclude you if you checked casual sex, or is that a different dating site?

Isn't there a filter where they can auto exclude you if you checked casual sex, or is that a different dating site?

I think it's Plentyoffish where you can remove people who have contacted other people who were interested in just casual sex. On OKCupid, I don't think it's a free option to exclude them from searches.

The only pictures I have of me with a hot chick are with my wife, and I'm assuming I can't use any of those. I've got one of my sister-in-law giving me a kiss on the cheek and me with a smug grin on my face. What about that?

neither. i wouldn't check anything

My favote part is that she thinks his name is Kevin, yet his last text (presumably unrelated) calls him "Mike."

What's the % match/friend/enemy on okc?
My understanding is that... high match % = answers the way you specify you want in a matchhigh friend % = answers the same as youhigh enemy % = answers oppositeThey are all weighted based on the priority each of you assigned the questions.

I have commented before about how difficult things can be in a small town, but this is a new one.I messaged someone on POF that did not have a pic, but I thought I would try since she is located in my small town, and it is rare to find someone that close. She mentioned sending a pic to those interested. I received a quick response saying, "I wasn't going to reply, but I didn't want to be rude. You have always been a good guy, but you do not like me."It took me .03 seconds to figure out who it was. I threw up in my mouth a little. Saying, "I do not like her", is like saying Mt. Everest is a "nice little hill." I loathe this woman, and would not take a beej from her if every other woman on earth had a mouth like a Komodo Dragon.I hid my profile. I am done. ####!

:shrug: At least her response to you seemed nice. I would thank her and move on.

is she hot?

No, not anywhere close. I would put her at a 4 on the offdee scale, and that is being generous considering my disdain for her.
4: Not attractive. Major flaws start piling up (overweight, blemishes, etc.)http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/offdee/offdee%20Scale/TOS4c.jpg
:goodposting: though 4 seems a tad too high. can you do your complete scale with pics for reference? :popcorn:

is she hot?

No, not anywhere close. I would put her at a 4 on the offdee scale, and that is being generous considering my disdain for her.
4: Not attractive. Major flaws start piling up (overweight, blemishes, etc.)http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk161/offdee/offdee%20Scale/TOS4c.jpg
:goodposting: though 4 seems a tad too high. can you do your complete scale with pics for reference? :popcorn:
Post #1355 :science:http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=591806&st=1350

is she hot?

Post #1355 :science:http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=591806&st=1350
:goodposting::goodposting::goodposting::goodposting:

I have commented before about how difficult things can be in a small town, but this is a new one.I messaged someone on POF that did not have a pic, but I thought I would try since she is located in my small town, and it is rare to find someone that close. She mentioned sending a pic to those interested. I received a quick response saying, "I wasn't going to reply, but I didn't want to be rude. You have always been a good guy, but you do not like me."It took me .03 seconds to figure out who it was. I threw up in my mouth a little. Saying, "I do not like her", is like saying Mt. Everest is a "nice little hill." I loathe this woman, and would not take a beej from her if every other woman on earth had a mouth like a Komodo Dragon.I hid my profile. I am done. ####!

If she doesn't have a picture she's ugly and don't bother contacting. Let this be a lesson learned.

is she hot?

At least she seems like a nice person... I can get the part about not being attracted, but why the loathing? :shrug:

I'm on my second tour of duty through eHarmony now. I had a brief 6-week fling with a chick from there that started off great, but quickly fizzled once her flakiness kicked in. I had my hopes up that this chick was different. But no, I was quickly reminded that there's a reason why single chicks in their 30s are still single. Based on her and the dozen other chicks I've gone out with in the past year, I've given up on dating any chicks in their mid-30s and younger. If they're not bat#### crazy in general, then they're at least bat#### crazy about having kids right away (I already have a daughter from my former marriage and am not looking to add on).

I'm currently wooing a 37-year old Thai chick with a beautiful face and who sounds very athletic (has done triathlons, a marathon, etc.), but who doesn't have a full body shot in her profile (HIGHLY suspicious) and a 40-year old chick who has one of those shape-shifter faces... she looks completely different in all of her photos. I have to admit that I'm intrigued about crossing the "40 threshold" with this chick (I'm 35).

At least with the older chicks, there is less of a chance of the baby urge and a greater chance of finding a chick that's been through the other side of divorce/longer relationships thus bringing a little more wisdom and reflection to a new relationship.

Edited by OC Zed

Pretty sure I just fell flat on my face with my first actual message to someone....her profile said she spent alot of time thinking about the zombie apocalypse so what do I do?

No fking clue, but I decided to send the message: Hey, how goes it? So whats your take on this zombie apocalypse? Are you going to fight them or buy a bunker?

:headsmack: :bag:

Feeling really stupid right now.

This internet dating thing is really really weird to me. It feels awkward, imposing, I dont know. Its just not nearly as simple as saying hey whats up face to face at a bar or some other public place.

Edited by PitbullTD

Pretty sure I just fell flat on my face with my first actual message to someone....her profile said she spent alot of time thinking about the zombie apocalypse so what do I do?

Work on that... come up with something snappy and you'll be shooting fish in a barrel:

What's the percentage of girl's profiles that list "zombie apocalypse" or "world domination" under "Interests"? It's gotta be like 85-90% Minimum.

Work on that... come up with something snappy and you'll be shooting fish in a barrel:

What's the percentage of girl's profiles that list "zombie apocalypse" or "world domination" under "Interests"? It's gotta be like 85-90% Minimum.

hahaha. Sweet. Guess its time to break out the fun part of my brain :banned:

Pretty sure I just fell flat on my face with my first actual message to someone....her profile said she spent alot of time thinking about the zombie apocalypse so what do I do?No fking clue, but I decided to send the message: Hey, how goes it? So whats your take on this zombie apocalypse? Are you going to fight them or buy a bunker?:headsmack: :bag: Feeling really stupid right now.This internet dating thing is really really weird to me. It feels awkward, imposing, I dont know. Its just not nearly as simple as saying hey whats up face to face at a bar or some other public place.

Well she sent a message back..Thats good right? Says she replies very selectively lol. She said,"Well I'm not one for sitting around...I'm a fighter! Lol"ummm ok...

Well she sent a message back..Thats good right? Says she replies very selectively lol. She said,"Well I'm not one for sitting around...I'm a fighter! Lol"ummm ok...

Definitely a good sign. :thumbup: Send her back a message tomorrow. Ask another question, either following up on something she wrote back, or something else from her profile. Keep it light and playful. If you get a second message back, then it's time to ask her out. Edited by Sarnoff

Definitely a good sign. :thumbup: Send her back a message tomorrow. Ask another question, either following up on something she wrote back, or something else from her profile. Keep it light and playful. If you get a second message back, then it's time to ask her out.
SOB Sarnoff. I already ####ed that up. Sent a message back to her saying, "But you can't shoot a gun...Kill them with good looks or loud music? She had mentioned that in thinking about the zombie apocalypse she needs to learn how to shoot a gun, also said music rocks her world sooo :shrug:I'll remember the wait a day for the next one though. If this doesn't happen. Can you be on call for the bat signal?

Definitely a good sign. :thumbup: Send her back a message tomorrow. Ask another question, either following up on something she wrote back, or something else from her profile. Keep it light and playful. If you get a second message back, then it's time to ask her out.
SOB Sarnoff. I already ####ed that up. Sent a message back to her saying, "But you can't shoot a gun...Kill them with good looks or loud music? She had mentioned that in thinking about the zombie apocalypse she needs to learn how to shoot a gun, also said music rocks her world sooo :shrug:I'll remember the wait a day for the next one though. If this doesn't happen. Can you be on call for the bat signal?
Yeah turbo, pump your breaks...You're blowing it. I would've already had her shirt off by now.

Yeah turbo, pump your breaks...You're blowing it. I would've already had her shirt off by now.

:hophead: Care to elaborate Mack? Edited by PitbullTD

:hophead: Care to elaborate Mack?
Not really. I'm sorting through my baseball card and video game collection :makeitrain:

:hophead: Care to elaborate Mack?
Not really. I'm sorting through my baseball card and video game collection :makeitrain:
:lmao: :lmao:

Soooo this 19yr old messages me tonight, we talk for a few hours end up on skype. This ##### is all but dtf...but wtf do I do with a broad I can't even take to a bar first??

Like wtf? It almost feels wrong. This broad is talking about High School Musical, and im like FML.

Told my roomate about it and all he had to say was, "Atleast shes not with Team Edward"

thanks bro.... :wall:

Soooo this 19yr old messages me tonight, we talk for a few hours end up on skype. This ##### is all but dtf...but wtf do I do with a broad I can't even take to a bar first?? Like wtf? It almost feels wrong. This broad is talking about High School Musical, and im like FML. Told my roomate about it and all he had to say was, "Atleast shes not with Team Edward"thanks bro.... :wall:

If she messaged you first she's into you as long as you don't screw it up. You only screw it up by being too weird, creepy, or a major pansy (aka beej or woz). Invite her to your place if you're bold. Use the guise of watching a movie if you want. If you'd like the calmer approach, tell her to grab some coffee with you.This is assuming she doesn't have a fake id. Hell, you could always tell her you'd normally ask her out for some drinks but since she's too young you're stumped for alternatives. See what she suggests. No matter what happens, just remember she's either naive and you can get away with less than perfect game or she's screwed up enough to be overly sexual. Either way, she's 19. This isn't your future wife. So don't sweat whatever happens.

Soooo this 19yr old messages me tonight, we talk for a few hours end up on skype. This ##### is all but dtf...but wtf do I do with a broad I can't even take to a bar first??

Like wtf? It almost feels wrong. This broad is talking about High School Musical, and im like FML.

Told my roomate about it and all he had to say was, "Atleast shes not with Team Edward"

thanks bro.... :wall:

If she messaged you first she's into you as long as you don't screw it up. You only screw it up by being too weird, creepy, or a major pansy (aka beej or woz). Invite her to your place if you're bold. Use the guise of watching a movie if you want. If you'd like the calmer approach, tell her to grab some coffee with you.

This is assuming she doesn't have a fake id. Hell, you could always tell her you'd normally ask her out for some drinks but since she's too young you're stumped for alternatives. See what she suggests.

No matter what happens, just remember she's either naive and you can get away with less than perfect game or she's screwed up enough to be overly sexual. Either way, she's 19. This isn't your future wife. So don't sweat whatever happens.

Drinks at your place is the clear play here.

grill with cooler of beer, soda and/or sangria readily available maybe? it's a good summer setting.

grill with cooler of beer, soda and/or sangria readily available maybe? it's a good summer setting.
Your place if you have a nice pad. Girls get dry from messy/dirty spots. Make sure you have some cool art, nice furniture with clean lines and plenty of top shelf booze and some champagne for the fridge (Veuve at the least). And if you have a nice place, you must not care if your ##### gets stolen. I prefer drinks at a trendy hotel bar/pool type thing. Then if it goes well, get a room.

Your place if you have a nice pad. Girls get dry from messy/dirty spots. Make sure you have some cool art, nice furniture with clean lines and plenty of top shelf booze and some champagne for the fridge (Veuve at the least). And if you have a nice place, you must not care if your ##### gets stolen. I prefer drinks at a trendy hotel bar/pool type thing. Then if it goes well, get a room.

:lmao: If I had it like that bro I wouldn't be fishing online. I'd be in some nightclub bagging the materialistic high maintanence #####es....Thanks for the pro tip though if I ever do get it like that I'll remember hotel over my place.

Your place if you have a nice pad. Girls get dry from messy/dirty spots. Make sure you have some cool art, nice furniture with clean lines and plenty of top shelf booze and some champagne for the fridge (Veuve at the least).

And if you have a nice place, you must not care if your ##### gets stolen. I prefer drinks at a trendy hotel bar/pool type thing. Then if it goes well, get a room.

I could be wrong but I doubt fancy art and top shelf booze is a necessary prerequisite for the 19 year old slut PitbullTD may potentially be bringing home.

Box wine and a case of Natty Ice FTW. :thumbup:

Has this been posted yet? Because it's awesome...

okcupid enemies

Saw a few :e:lsewhere but thanks for the actual link. These are hilarious.

Also to pitbull - she's some combination of dumb/naive/emotionally needy. You don't need the whole nine yards. And she contacted you. And responded. Make a move. Invite her over. She wouldn't appreciate fine liquor anyhow.