What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** FFA iDating Thread (2 Viewers)

Ok - got my first "date" tonight.  Although it's not a date because I'm technically still married so she'd prefer we don't call it a date because it's weird for her.

I just want to go have a few drinks, I never like eating on a first or second date. It can get too awkward if we hate each other.

the other awkward part about this one, is she is basically my neighbor come to find out.  Hope she doesn't turn out to be crazy.

What's cool about this girl is she eats Keto just like I do. That was a huge common ground for us.

Oh I have done WAAAAY better on Bumble than Tinder.  By a mile.

I think my strength is I shine better in more intelligent conversations and since the woman makes the first move on Bumble, I'm finding more of the women there to be a little bit more on that level with me.

Whereas, my downfall is being quick, to the point and just letting my pictures do the talking is probably why I'm failing at Tinder miserably.  I'm way too loquacious and my jokes take a lot of set up.  People seem to want just rapid fire comms on tinder.  It's meant to swipe left, text for 5 minutes, set up a date - be done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok - got my first "date" tonight.  Although it's not a date because I'm technically still married so she'd prefer we don't call it a date because it's weird for her.

I just want to go have a few drinks, I never like eating on a first or second date. It can get too awkward if we hate each other.

the other awkward part about this one, is she is basically my neighbor come to find out.  Hope she doesn't turn out to be crazy.

. . .
what could go wrong? I say go for it  :popcorn:  

a woman masturbated herself to orgasm on my couch last night while watching the movie Troy, thought it was admirable that I already knew about Helen, and was impressed that I was acquainted with the Trojan War despite never having seen the movie

a woman masturbated herself to orgasm on my couch last night while watching the movie Troy, thought it was admirable that I already knew about Helen, and was impressed that I was acquainted with the Trojan War despite never having seen the movie
What's in it for you?

why would you want to skip the "getting familiar with each other" phase. nah man she had a great time and I'm content that there's plenty in store for me once she gets more comfortable. gotta crawl before you walk

Every situation is different and there's no good advice a man can give another man on "how he should perform."

Joey Scazzola, a comedian just a little bit more experienced than me, pulled me aside and said, “Hey, don’t ever tell these kids what to do because all you’re doing is telling them how to be more like you.” That was the best advice I ever got. If a young Russell Brand had asked me for advice I would have told him to quit and buy an ice cream truck. Everybody has a different sense of humor, both audience and comedian. It makes me crazy when I hear someone say, “He’s not funny” without acknowledging personal preference. Even comedians do this. Even I do this. I’ll catch myself saying something isn’t funny even when I’m giving advice to some comedian that I know is only telling them how to be like me. There is no good advice.

Stanhope, Doug. This Is Not Fame: A "From What I Re-Memoir" (pp. 13-14). Da Capo Press. Kindle Edition.

Just overly turned on by Brad Pitt?

Was there making out and did you offer a hand (literally) to help, or was it just specifically a show session?    Most women are a little more comfortable with the getting to know each other phase when both are involved in the activities, so just trying to understand if it's maybe a thing for her just to get watched?

Just overly turned on by Brad Pitt? Was there making out and did you offer a hand (literally) to help, or was it just specifically a show session? Most women are a little more comfortable with the getting to know each other phase when both are involved in the activities, so just trying to understand if it's maybe a thing for her just to get watched?
We were just chilling. Watching the movie. I think the mood just struck her and she started with little shy comments. I just acted nonchalant, like it was no big deal, helped her slide her down her little jeans, massaged her legs, and then boom out of nowhere she came for like 10 seconds. Totally silent, too. But when she kind of "seized up" I realized she was nutting super hard. She was just shy. Came out of her shell a little bit in her own way last night. I felt like it was a big step forward

I dressed up in my finest work clothes and told her I was coming "straight from a meeting".  Since I've lost so much weight, my clothes do not fit me.  Untucked shirts look like dresses on me, so I made up a story so I could look my best.  

Let's see how this backfires.  I guess long pants and long sleeve shirt when its 85 degrees out seems a little dooshy but ok at least it doesnt look like I'm wearing a dress.

I really need a new wardrobe.

I don't think it's ever acceptable to tuck a shirt into shorts, otherwise I would have went that route.  Every thing untucked looks so sloppy.

John Bender said:
I dressed up in my finest work clothes and told her I was coming "straight from a meeting".  Since I've lost so much weight, my clothes do not fit me.  Untucked shirts look like dresses on me, so I made up a story so I could look my best.  

Let's see how this backfires.  I guess long pants and long sleeve shirt when its 85 degrees out seems a little dooshy but ok at least it doesnt look like I'm wearing a dress.

I really need a new wardrobe.

I don't think it's ever acceptable to tuck a shirt into shorts, otherwise I would have went that route.  Every thing untucked looks so sloppy.
Eek. 

You know the Catalonians still wear long sleeves and pants even at the height of summer.

I'm not wearing a suit jacket or anything, just nice light slacks and a button down.

Is it worse to wear clothes that don't fit and look like a slob?

So far so good. She's ####### hammered drunk. I took a Xanax before so I can't drink much or I'll black out. But we're now headed over to Buffalo wild wings to crush some wings together because, I don't know why. She's drunk and that'd what she wants. 

Looks like her pics, nice athletic build. Cute outfit. Will report mOre in a few hours 

The work clothes thing did not backfire. She is way into it. 

She over drank.

More than I did. 

At some point it didn't feel right to try and close the deal, she was sloshed.  Maybe she wanted to get sloshed and to get laid and that's why she got sloshed but for my first time out, I'm a huge V, I know, it didn't feel right.  But she was slurring her speech a bit at the end.

We're going to go play tennis tomorrow (if she remembers) and see what happens from there.

I don't think its too appropriate to post pictures here of their dating profile pictures but someone can try and talk me into it.

That's the first date where I just went out and crushed a bunch of blazing hot messy ### hot wings with a female. What a time to be alive.

She over drank.

More than I did. 

At some point it didn't feel right to try and close the deal, she was sloshed.  Maybe she wanted to get sloshed and to get laid and that's why she got sloshed but for my first time out, I'm a huge V, I know, it didn't feel right.  But she was slurring her speech a bit at the end.

We're going to go play tennis tomorrow (if she remembers) and see what happens from there.

I don't think its too appropriate to post pictures here of their dating profile pictures but someone can try and talk me into it.

That's the first date where I just went out and crushed a bunch of blazing hot messy ### hot wings with a female. What a time to be alive.
Sounds like a good time, nice work dude.

Any tonsil hockey or heavy petting?

And why you wouldn't post pics of her for us is just a shame, you're never going to stay with this woman (someone had to try and talk you into it).

She over drank.

Maybe she wanted to get sloshed and to get laid and that's why she got sloshed
Congrats on getting back out there.  My .02, some of them like to get sloshed period, especially on someone else's tab.  It might not be her, but there are plenty of them out there surfing online dating looking for free drinks and dinner.

Now a lot of those also like the sechs as well, so you take your chances but they will use "chivalry", which so many of them claim to want in their profiles as a way to pay the damn bills.

ETA:  Did she do something really shy, like say polish the clam while watching MLB on the big screen?

She over drank.

More than I did. 

I think it's good you didn't take advantage of her, especially on a first date. A more desperate guy would have been trying doing his best Babe Ruth impression trying to knock it out of the park all night.  Hopefully she notices and respects you for that.  

It was a very Ali like return to the ring tonight for Bender

Date 1 ended with a firm close at around 10 PM.

Date 2 just ended with a soft close (heavy necking and plans to see each other tomorrow night to close the deeal) at 3 AM.  Yeah I said necking.

All from Tinder.  This is like witchcraft.

Also, I will not post pics publicly but if there's a group text/discord chat etc I'm happy to share there.  I have a few from both dates with both of us in them because my IRL long time married friends dont believe it's possible that it's this easy and requested photo evidence.

So this chick got herself off with you sitting right there?  And she did it with a Brad Pitt movie on?

Man I'd be tempted to kick that ##### out the door, but I've been married for a gazillion year so maybe that's got something to do with it. 

It was a very Ali like return to the ring tonight for Bender

Date 1 ended with a firm close at around 10 PM.

Date 2 just ended with a soft close (heavy necking and plans to see each other tomorrow night to close the deeal) at 3 AM.  Yeah I said necking.

All from Tinder.  This is like witchcraft.

Also, I will not post pics publicly but if there's a group text/discord chat etc I'm happy to share there.  I have a few from both dates with both of us in them because my IRL long time married friends dont believe it's possible that it's this easy and requested photo evidence.
Is closing the deal hugging?  Asking for a friend. 

Wow - just got moved into my new home and already 2 for 2 in just 5 days. 

Few questions - what if they cling on to you?  How do you navigate that?

Secondly, what if one of them was a really good time and you want to continue to see them intimately but not long term/relationship wise? Do you just make that clear immediately and risk losing out on good sexy time? I mean I sort of made that clear already but I am not ready for something exclusive and want to just continue having fun without being a complete man-whore. 

I love tinder. 

Wow - just got moved into my new home and already 2 for 2 in just 5 days. 

Few questions - what if they cling on to you?  How do you navigate that?

Secondly, what if one of them was a really good time and you want to continue to see them intimately but not long term/relationship wise? Do you just make that clear immediately and risk losing out on good sexy time? I mean I sort of made that clear already but I am not ready for something exclusive and want to just continue having fun without being a complete man-whore. 

I love tinder. 
What’s total tally since signing up and when was signup?

-curious married guy

Ive been out of the game but on the questions I would just make something up when the times right about recently getting out of a long relationship, thought ready, not ready——-> more tinder. 

So, my five-year relationship born from OKCupid is ending. She's moving out this week. When I got into online dating, I did so with the purpose of finding a long-term match who shared two life choices that are difficult to find or identify out in the real world -- not wanting to have kids and not being religious. I'm in Los Angeles, so the religious part isn't too hard to find but no kids still definitely limits the options. I just turned 40 and am looking to meet a woman in her early 30s (ex is 30). I'm fit, have my sh#t together and live in a downtown highrise, so this should be realistic. Five years ago, I really liked OKCupid for filtering out potential matches with its questions and such. I was only on for a couple months, as I met the ex on my sixth date. What are the best sites for identifying potential long-term matches using specific criteria today?

I may also try Tinder, which was just becoming popular when I met the ex, for some casual stuff while looking for that long-term match. Are you ever concerned about bringing random hookups back to your place? I kind of feel my stuff is now too nice to just let anyone in.

So, my five-year relationship born from OKCupid is ending. She's moving out this week. When I got into online dating, I did so with the purpose of finding a long-term match who shared two life choices that are difficult to find or identify out in the real world -- not wanting to have kids and not being religious. I'm in Los Angeles, so the religious part isn't too hard to find but no kids still definitely limits the options. I just turned 40 and am looking to meet a woman in her early 30s (ex is 30). I'm fit, have my sh#t together and live in a downtown highrise, so this should be realistic. Five years ago, I really liked OKCupid for filtering out potential matches with its questions and such. I was only on for a couple months, as I met the ex on my sixth date. What are the best sites for identifying potential long-term matches using specific criteria today?

I may also try Tinder, which was just becoming popular when I met the ex, for some casual stuff while looking for that long-term match. Are you ever concerned about bringing random hookups back to your place? I kind of feel my stuff is now too nice to just let anyone in.
I have nice stuff too and live in a place where you basically don't need to lock your doors. I think you're overthinking it.

Just tell her to keep clapping her hands when she's not in your line of sight, to make sure she's not stealing anything.

What’s total tally since signing up and when was signup?

-curious married guy

Ive been out of the game but on the questions I would just make something up when the times right about recently getting out of a long relationship, thought ready, not ready——-> more tinder. 
I'm not necessarily trying to put notches in the bedpost, although I definitely am looking to sow some wild oats after a very long marriage. 

I've gone out with 4 gals, and closed the deal with 2 of them. I'm charged up right now, so if they're willing I'm going to go for it. If they aren't, I'll move on.

You do run the risk though, of feelings getting stronger going one way or the other and I definitely don't experience navigating that. When I've been single, I've tended to go a little nuts. I'll go nuts for a few months/years and then see how I feel I guess.

ETA: I've also found it a lot easier in my mid to late 30s. I think women in my mid 20s, when I was dating last, still had a lot of hangups about being in a relationship to sleep with someone (seeking a long term partner) Tinder also wasnt around then. I think a single woman at this age is much more open to friends with benefits, or NSA sex. They've either been married before, or been through it all relationship wise and don't really have as high an expectation

I'm a pasty overweight 40 year old balding dude, and I was stressing myself out juggling four women this summer, all in their 20s and 30s. Everyone says "be yourself", but, that's bull. Be the version of yourself that the women you'd like to date would be interested in. Is the kind of girl you want to date going to find you "interesting" if you spend all your free time playing Fortnite and Call of Duty? I doubt it. Take up some hobbies that you can talk about and come across as having something going on. Photography, hiking, snorkeling... have 10 hobbies. Do stuff. Be interesting. Be funny. Speak well and be normal and sane and the women will click eventually. But being comfortable with yourself is the first part of it.

And get decent pictures of yourself doing those hobbies and you'll be fine.
spot on.

Being good looking doesn't hurt for the initial foot in the door though.  After that if you can portray you live an interesting life and are in demand (not only from other women, but in demand for your valuable time from work, friends, hobbies, etc) than it's shooting fish in a barrel.

//placeholder//   i'm might be jumping into this game soon.

first relationship with ex wife - met in person - together for 12 years

second relationship with current girlfriend - met in person - together for 9 years  (we are gracefully ending the relationship over the next month or two)

I just turned 50.  :cry:   How young can I go when searching for women on tinder, etc.?  :unsure:

//placeholder//   i'm might be jumping into this game soon.

first relationship with ex wife - met in person - together for 12 years

second relationship with current girlfriend - met in person - together for 9 years  (we are gracefully ending the relationship over the next month or two)

I just turned 50.  :cry:   How young can I go when searching for women on tinder, etc.?  :unsure:
WTF, hack? 

Users who are viewing this thread