What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL**** TOP CHEF THREAD (1 Viewer)

Jamie has to stop making scallops

Fabio: This is Top Chef, not Top Scallops

:lmao:
:goodposting: That dirty euro shtick they painted on him early in the season has worn off. Pulling for him.
Fabio is a good dude. I'm pulling for him, Hosea and the evil Stefan. Not a big fan of the lesbian. She needs to take Jeff's Dilido out of her arss.
Is there an anti-Jeff faction in here? I kind of like that dude, too.
I still like him best. He's got that fatal flaw of taking too much on. Interested to see how it plays out.
Cool. Me, too. Let's start the pro-Jeff faction.Pro-Jeff Faction Members:

Bonzai (Founder)

Tufnel (Co-founder)
In

:lmao:
:goodposting: That dirty euro shtick they painted on him early in the season has worn off. Pulling for him.
Fabio is a good dude. I'm pulling for him, Hosea and the evil Stefan. Not a big fan of the lesbian. She needs to take Jeff's Dilido out of her arss.
I still like him best. He's got that fatal flaw of taking too much on. Interested to see how it plays out.

Bonzai (Founder)

Tufnel (Co-founder)
In
Definately a part of the pro-jeff factioni am going to miami on vacation and am making it a point the check out his dilido place

:no:
:yawn: That dirty euro shtick they painted on him early in the season has worn off. Pulling for him.

Bonzai (Founder)

Tufnel (Co-founder)
In
Definately a part of the pro-jeff factioni am going to miami on vacation and am making it a point the check out his dilido place
First order of business for the pro-jeff faction is addressing this "dilido" issue.As founder member, I motion that we just go full out and petition he go with "dildo". Thoughts?

:no:
:yawn: That dirty euro shtick they painted on him early in the season has worn off. Pulling for him.

Bonzai (Founder)

Tufnel (Co-founder)
In
First order of business for the pro-jeff faction is addressing this "dilido" issue.As founder member, I motion that we just go full out and petition he go with "dildo". Thoughts?
Second.

One that's been flying under the radar is Carla. Sure, she looks like a freak, and has been in the bottom a few times. But every time she's on the bottom, they say hers was the only one that was good, and let her go.
I can't stand looking at her face. I guess it makes sense that she's in the kitchen.
She makes some absolutely insane faces. Seems nice and all and she's done well.
Yeah, she's a nut, but I think she's okay. I can't stand the blonde. I want to stab her in the bangs.
:goodposting: I know nothing about women's fashion or hair, but I do know she looks bad.
i never notice things like that but i did on her

Jaimie needs to move beyond scallops, but prior to that, she executes very well and always just shy of winning. In this competition, that level of consistency will get you far. However, her pissing and moaning because someone else winds is juvenile. You're not at judges table, ####.

Josea is beginning to hit a stride.

Chef Dildo has vision, but his execution is sporadic.

Top Chef greatly rewards creativity, but drastically punishes poor execution. However, all things being equal, they tend to send leave the chef who tried something great, but didn't execute. But that chef better execute next time. The judges generally have a memory and will boot someone based previous performances. I don't think they did it to Eugene because, like my wife, I think Padma has a crush on him.

Does Jeff have to be our favorite in order to join the pro-Jeff faction, or can we just like him? He'd be in my top two or three, but I'm kind of coming around to Hosea as my favorite now.

TexanFan02 said:
No shockers tonight. Those two could have been gone long ago.
There aren't many chefs that strike me as "Top Chef" material.Stefan is the cream of the crop and is getting the "bad guy" edit this season. That person has made it to the finals in each of the last 3 seasons (Marcel, Hung and Lisa). Jaimie and Fabio seem to be around for a while but I doubt that both will make the final. Radhika, Leah, and Arianne are in the next tier. Pleased with the Toby Young addition. I'll miss Gail's babyfeeders though.

TexanFan02 said:
There aren't many chefs that strike me as "Top Chef" material.Stefan is the cream of the crop and is getting the "bad guy" edit this season. That person has made it to the finals in each of the last 3 seasons (Marcel, Hung and Lisa). Jaimie and Fabio seem to be around for a while but I doubt that both will make the final. Radhika, Leah, and Arianne are in the next tier. Pleased with the Toby Young addition. I'll miss Gail's babyfeeders though.
I think you are missing the winner. I've got Jeff taking this thing, but he could certainly get Tre-ed out during restaurant wars. He makes it thru that then he's done.This new judge is a total hack. Or else he felt uncomfortable on TV for the first?!? time. Hopefully he brings something better next time around. They tipped the QF winner this last week and have already tipped the QF winner next week. Takes a lot of suspense out of it.

After seeing tonight, the top 4 in tonight's challenge are, IMO, the cream of the crop.

Stefan, Hosea, and Radhika look like they have their #### together and consistently are near the top. I'd put Jeff right up there with the 3 of them, although it seems like he occasionally puts together a bad dish.

Not sure how much longer Eugene and Melissa will be around. They both look like they're in over their heads...
:bowtie:

TexanFan02 said:
I think you are missing the winner. I've got Jeff taking this thing, but he could certainly get Tre-ed out during restaurant wars. He makes it thru that then he's done.This new judge is a total hack. Or else he felt uncomfortable on TV for the first?!? time. Hopefully he brings something better next time around. They tipped the QF winner this last week and have already tipped the QF winner next week. Takes a lot of suspense out of it.
I think Jeff's downfall will be the fact that he cares more about impressing the judges with the amount of work he's doing than by making good food. I mean, I'm sure he wants the food to be great, but all I ever hear him talk about is how he hopes the judges see all the work he's doing.

TexanFan02 said:
I think Jeff's downfall will be the fact that he cares more about impressing the judges with the amount of work he's doing than by making good food. I mean, I'm sure he wants the food to be great, but all I ever hear him talk about is how he hopes the judges see all the work he's doing.
It worked for Hung.

Plain Jane saying she wanted her personality to "show through" in her dish was priceless.

I bet she is a demon in the sack though. :mellow:

The new judge is a total putz, at least so far. He's trying to be Gordon Ramsey and isn't half as entertaining. But he's got the smug Brit/Euro thing down pat.

The way I rank them

Top tier

Jeff - Cut from the Hung mold. May try to do too much, but has had a super high hit %. If he goes out it's in a team challenge.

Stephan - Got enough to call back on that he won't have to reach for anything. Near mortal lock for finals.

Hosea - Still has enough cooking contest experience to fall back on in touch challenges. Think he can make finals fairly easily.

Second tier

Jamie - Bravo is the GLBT channel and they feature their only GLBT remaining contestant a lot. This may help her stick around, but ultimately she might get hung doing too much. Doesn't have the range needed for the late contests.

Ariane - People keep wanting to label her a catering hack, but she's clearly got something going for her in execution.

Rad - They didn't have time to properly articulate just how horrible her EC dish was last night. Still seems to be one that could hang around late but eventually gets hung trying to push her stuff too far.

Third

Fabio - He's now made a good ravioli and a MG Olive. Time is running out for him.

Carla - I'll miss her comments. More Carla and less Jamie next week. Please.

Leah - She's crumbled faster than the Cowboys down the stretch. Can't remember anything memorable out of her in weeks now. Looks worn out.

By the way Bravo tipped the QF winner last week and already tipped it for this week. So much for keeping a lid on spoilers if they won't do it themselves.

Ariane - People keep wanting to label her a catering hack, but she's clearly got something going for her in execution.
I have not been giving this cougar enough credit, clearly. She's been consistently near the top for a while now. She just doesn't have that winner look to her, in my opinion.

I have not been giving this cougar enough credit, clearly. She's been consistently near the top for a while now. She just doesn't have that winner look to her, in my opinion.
I agree on Ariane.I also have a hard time believing they aren't underselling Leah. She's basically aping all of Batali's dishes from Babbo (Centro Vinoteca is an offshoot of it run by his former #2) in one form or another so I have a hard time believing they aren't good and she's won as many challenges (3) as people like Stefan.

I agree on Ariane.I also have a hard time believing they aren't underselling Leah. She's basically aping all of Batali's dishes from Babbo (Centro Vinoteca is an offshoot of it run by his former #2) in one form or another so I have a hard time believing they aren't good and she's won as many challenges (3) as people like Stefan.
Ariane's good performances have all been based on solid execution. Perfectly cooked turkey, perfectly cooked lamb, perfectly cooked skate. At some point, I think lack of creativity will be her downfall. But she's performed well after a very shaky start.Toby Young's debut was pretty poor. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt and hope that the editors picked out the trying-to-be-way-too-clever comments in order to define his personality. His disagreement w/ the other judges on some of the dishes could be a positive sign going forward.

:excited:
:football: That dirty euro shtick they painted on him early in the season has worn off. Pulling for him.

Bonzai (Founder)

Tufnel (Co-founder)
in

Users who are viewing this thread