What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL**** TOP CHEF THREAD (1 Viewer)

To me, tier 1 is Nick and Buddha, Tier 2 is Damarr and Evelyn, and Tier 3 is Ashleigh and whoever survives LCK. Early on, Buddha was hard to like, but he has gotten better with more air time over the course of the season. At this point, I probably like Nick the best but wouldn't mind if any of the top 4 win it.

In terms of who seems most like a traditional Top Chef, with good combination of chef ability and personality, I would rank it as Buddha, Nick, Damarr.

To me, tier 1 is Nick and Buddha, Tier 2 is Damarr and Evelyn, and Tier 3 is Ashleigh and whoever survives LCK. Early on, Buddha was hard to like, but he has gotten better with more air time over the course of the season. At this point, I probably like Nick the best but wouldn't mind if any of the top 4 win it.

In terms of who seems most like a traditional Top Chef, with good combination of chef ability and personality, I would rank it as Buddha, Nick, Damarr.

I agree with all of this.

Anyone watching the new season? Top Chef 20: World All Stars.

It's 16 chefs, all winners or finalists from 11 international seasons of Top Chef. Of course a healthy amount of familiar US faces, but, also winners of Top Chef France, Top Chef Brazil, Top Chef Thailand, Top Chef Mexico, Top Chef Canada, Top Chef Spain, Top Chef Middle East, Top Chef Italy, etc.

Crazy intense. A few competitors are a bit disadvantaged, as not all versions of the show apparently have the grocery store run as part of the show, nor the random tiny kitchens... instead they're used to being provided all the ingredients needed and do all their challenges in the Top Chef kitchen... but everyone seems to be brining it. Even the first quickfire people were pulling out unbelievable dishes.

Main competition is in London with the finale to be in Paris.

Anyone watching the new season? Top Chef 20: World All Stars.

It's 16 chefs, all winners or finalists from 11 international seasons of Top Chef. Of course a healthy amount of familiar US faces, but, also winners of Top Chef France, Top Chef Brazil, Top Chef Thailand, Top Chef Mexico, Top Chef Canada, Top Chef Spain, Top Chef Middle East, Top Chef Italy, etc.

Crazy intense. A few competitors are a bit disadvantaged, as not all versions of the show apparently have the grocery store run as part of the show, nor the random tiny kitchens... instead they're used to being provided all the ingredients needed and do all their challenges in the Top Chef kitchen... but everyone seems to be brining it. Even the first quickfire people were pulling out unbelievable dishes.

Main competition is in London with the finale to be in Paris.

Watching. Another example of how these versions of the show differ, the French guy said they were always given 90 minutes in Top Chef France, never 30 minutes.

Watching, too! Interested in this one even more than usual. Should be a high level of competition and interesting cuisine!

Dawn doing Dawn things

I almost wanted her in the bottom 3 every week just for her reaction shots to having to stand there and listen to everyone else get praised. Her eyes were in danger of rolling out of her skull. Even when she does get it all on the plate, always something with her.

I don't get her. She seemed not at all interested in being there.

While, yes, I agree.... I would note that it seemed to me both on this season and her original season, that in all her talking-head interview segments and cutaways she was wearing the same outfit, leading me to think all her interviews were shot after being eliminated. No idea why she didn't appear to participate in the interviews during the competition, which is when I would have assumed they'd all been shot for the other cheftestants. So that may color my opinion as she would have been already out of the competition and not really able to sell any fake enthusiasm. That said, yeah, she seems to be the kind of person who has one thing go wrong and then suddenly switches to "oh well I'm over it this is stupid anyway I don't care" at the first hiccup.

I fell behind but finally caught up. I'm not a fan of multi-round elimination challenges like the one at Spurs. There are too many dishes and it becomes a test of endurance for the contestants who have to keep cooking. There was hardly a judge's table and the episode didn't have a winner.

Top Chef is the only show I watch with my daughter ditkaburgers. We've watched it together since she was a kid with some seasons off when she's been away from SF. She's an adult now but we still laughed like children every time "pea" was mentioned in the final challenge. The taste of pea is the title of my next novel.

It took all season but we caught back up in time for the final in Paris. We were five weeks behind at one point.

Buddha seems like a prohibitive favorite going in.

Agree on Buddha. He has been dominating. Will be a shame if he blows it at the end.

I like Gail, but I just don't think she has the je ne sais quoi of Padma, not nearly so. It's going to be very, very difficult to come up with a replacement. I wonder if they'd consider a former contestant...not sure who and would have to think about it. They seem to like Brooke a lot given how much she's been on. And Kristen.

I dunno, Padma is irreplaceable to me.

I like Gail, but I just don't think she has the je ne sais quoi of Padma, not nearly so. It's going to be very, very difficult to come up with a replacement. I wonder if they'd consider a former contestant...not sure who and would have to think about it. They seem to like Brooke a lot given how much she's been on. And Kristen.

I agree, she will be really hard to replace.

If they are not dead set on a female host, they may just stay in the family and give the job to Curtis Stone.

It took all season but we caught back up in time for the final in Paris. We were five weeks behind at one point.

Buddha seems like a prohibitive favorite going in.

Agree on Buddha. He has been dominating. Will be a shame if he blows it at the end.
No shame

I was rooting for Gabri but expected Buddha to win. Enjoyed the show, hope it continues without Padma.

I agree, she will be really hard to replace.

If they are not dead set on a female host, they may just stay in the family and give the job to Curtis Stone.

We know from this All Star season that they have been running these shows in a bunch of countries. I assume Padma was only the host for the American version, so they probably have a big group they could draw from already.

Does bravo have streaming? Curious how you all watch this still. Haven't really watched since cutting cable ages ago.

Posting because this is probably the last time I'm current until the finale. The show is a little different without Padma but I liked Kristen's enthusiasm. I'm Wisconsin born and bred and ditkaburgers went to college there so I'm looking forward to the on location challenges.

SPOILER: I'm kind of bummed to see the asshat guy eliminated so soon. The show is better with colorful characters and he could have been one of the all-time clowns. He's also a local; I walk past his restaurant when I go to the Chinese meat market on 23rd and Mission.

Posting because this is probably the last time I'm current until the finale. The show is a little different without Padma but I liked Kristen's enthusiasm. I'm Wisconsin born and bred and ditkaburgers went to college there so I'm looking forward to the on location challenges.

SPOILER: I'm kind of bummed to see the asshat guy eliminated so soon. The show is better with colorful characters and he could have been one of the all-time clowns. He's also a local; I walk past his restaurant when I go to the Chinese meat market on 23rd and Mission.
Spoiler tags, man! Like the proper ones that hide the text!

I didn't read it but I almost didn't avoid it.

I'm really liking Kristen as the host so far - similar enough that the changeover isn't jarring, but she brings a different kind of energy.

She's good, but needs to work a bit on her TV voice. Needs to have a little more gravitas in the voiceovers.

I'm really liking Kristen as the host so far - similar enough that the changeover isn't jarring, but she brings a different kind of energy.

She's good, but needs to work a bit on her TV voice. Needs to have a little more gravitas in the voiceovers.
The tearing up as she eliminated last week was interesting. Can’t decide if I liked it or not.
I was not fond of that. I thought she was too attached, too early in the competition

The tearing up as she eliminated last week was interesting. Can’t decide if I liked it or not.
I was not fond of that. I thought she was too attached, too early in the competition
Agreed

Users who are viewing this thread