What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL**** TOP CHEF THREAD (1 Viewer)

When Random Drawing Goes Bad - or - Most Predictable Episode EVER

One team gets 4 likely top 5 contestants. The other gets the next 3 people that should leave: Nikki, Lisa and Spike, roughly in that order.

And then they gave Dale a bye and sent Nikki home. Which is fine, because that should have happened. Dale's a good cook, Nikki not so much.

Nothing surprising in this episode.

And Krista, yes Richard should probably win. But he's kind of a ringer. He's already competed on Iron Chef. They don't let just anybody do that.

What's really sad about this show is the prize: $100,000. Meanwhile, the people on Hell's Kitchen who are barely qualified to be line cooks are competing for: a $250,000 a year job in a prestigous restaurant.

Nikki, the most spinless effort I think I've ever seen on the show to date(including the previous seasons).

Tom: "Who was in charge"

Nikki: "Definitely NOT me"

Seriously? So lame when team members are already looking for there judges table defense before they have even lost. Spike seems to be really playing that game.

Nikki, the most spinless effort I think I've ever seen on the show to date(including the previous seasons). Tom: "Who was in charge"Nikki: "Definitely NOT me"Seriously? So lame when team members are already looking for there judges table defense before they have even lost. Spike seems to be really playing that game.
That's the kiss of death on this show. Tom likes leaders. And everyone, judges and fellow contestants, looked at her like :goodposting: when she said she wasn't in charge. When the show first came on, I didn't like Richard that much, but I'm warming up to him. Partly because while he always wants to be the executive chef, he owns up to it when the team loses and doesn't make excuses. Of course, he probably knows they're not going to cut him this early, even if he serves mushy salmon with scales in it, but still.

I don't get all the Dale love around here. He's a Huang wannabe without his cooking chops, IMHO. And when he puched the locker because his relay team lost the Quick Fire, that really finished his likability for me, at least.

And Richard and Lisa look alike, except the dyke has the pierced eyebrow.

I don't get all the Dale love around here. He's a Huang wannabe without his cooking chops, IMHO. And when he puched the locker because his relay team lost the Quick Fire, that really finished his likability for me, at least.And Richard and Lisa look alike, except the dyke has the pierced eyebrow.
You forgot that Richard also wears the pink crocs. :popcorn: Dale is a big time whiner.And how hard is it to make creamed spinach anyway?

Shaft said:
When Random Drawing Goes Bad - or - Most Predictable Episode EVER

One team gets 4 likely top 5 contestants. The other gets the next 3 people that should leave: Nikki, Lisa and Spike, roughly in that order.

And then they gave Dale a bye and sent Nikki home. Which is fine, because that should have happened. Dale's a good cook, Nikki not so much.

Nothing surprising in this episode.

And Krista, yes Richard should probably win. But he's kind of a ringer. He's already competed on Iron Chef. They don't let just anybody do that.

What's really sad about this show is the prize: $100,000. Meanwhile, the people on Hell's Kitchen who are barely qualified to be line cooks are competing for: a $250,000 a year job in a prestigous restaurant.
Well, there's some fine print in that. And the fine print is so long that I think the first season the guy just told them to keep the prize as the tax hit coupled with the possibility he might not get paid was too big a risk to take. They've upped the ante in later seasons, but AFAIK Rock isn't in place yet. (though I haven't looked too hard to confirm this)Predictable episode. Thought nikki might be able to hide behind someone with the "italian" aspect of things, but saying she didn't have the leadership sunk her. Finally.

Shaft said:
Kraft... said:
Nikki, the most spinless effort I think I've ever seen on the show to date(including the previous seasons).

Tom: "Who was in charge"

Nikki: "Definitely NOT me"

Seriously? So lame when team members are already looking for there judges table defense before they have even lost. Spike seems to be really playing that game.
That's the kiss of death on this show. Tom likes leaders. And everyone, judges and fellow contestants, looked at her like :goodposting: when she said she wasn't in charge.
Gotta take that with a grain of salt. Like all reality shows, they edit in looks that aren't in that moment to make the show dramatic. If you look closely you can see someone give what looks like a shocked, confused or angry look, then as soon as they cut to the next shot the person who gave the look is completely disinterested. Reality TV is 95% editing. It's mostly just fake drama. They'll always keep the more compelling characters on as long as they can, that's why you knew 100% Nicki was getting booted. Too boring. Drama = ratings.

If Richard doesn't win this thing, it will be a travesty of a sham of a mockery of a traveshmockery. Cooking skills 1000x better than anyone, great personality and ability to talk to people, can lead a team like nobody's business, and he GIVES AWAY a win tonight? They'd might as well shut it down now.
Stephanie going to take this down. Chi-town represent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love the poll they had "which chef is most annoying?" They should have asked who isn't annoying. There's only one. Stephanie. The other 7 are all annoying, led by twerpy Dale. Spike's due for an ### kicking as well.

Sorry to see Adam go :popcorn:

Lisa has got to be up there for top winer in the history of the show, always an excuse :lmao:

Nice to see Stephanie surging again :thumbup:

Resteraunt war next week, always a good show :popcorn:

I don't get all the Dale love around here. He's a Huang wannabe without his cooking chops, IMHO. And when he puched the locker because his relay team lost the Quick Fire, that really finished his likability for me, at least.And Richard and Lisa look alike, except the dyke has the pierced eyebrow.
5 of 20 challenges won. Still question him?

I fell asleep at the end of the episode and missed who got whacked. Now I'll just have to watch one of the countless reruns of Top Cheff that will be on during the next week.

BTW, was Spike a total richard for taking "tomatoes, bread and chicken" as his items so that no one else could use them in their box lunch?

Sorry Thrilled to see Adam Andrew go :coffee: :D
Fixed.The guy was good for a little drama, but he had to be one of the most ridiculous goofballs on that show.

Andrew>"I'm either going to stab somebody, or cook some really kick### food."

:D Yeah, you're an idiot.

Andrew>"I competed with dignity, honor, and loyalty!"

:lmao: Easy there William Wallace...you're just cooking some tuna rolls.

5 of 20 challenges won. Still question him?
Huang won bunch of challenges and the entire season, and I still didn't like him. So Dale may be a challenge whore, but I still don't think he's that talented a cook. But as I said above, I missed the end of the episode last night because I fell asleep.

Lisa has got to be up there for top winer in the history of the show, always an excuse :bag:
Can't stand this girl. She calls him our for not following the rules to a T? She was on the team that subbed Chorizo for POLISH SAUSAGE like 3 weeks ago. Pretty sure she thought that was A-ok.She's a hack anyway, but that was super weak.

Sorry to see Adam go :bag: Lisa has got to be up there for top winer in the history of the show, always an excuse :lmao: Nice to see Stephanie surging again :thumbup:Resteraunt war next week, always a good show :lmao:
It was Andrew. I thought he's make the final 5 for sure. He pushed the envelope a little too much for that challenge. Having that sushi thing on the side with perhaps a hibachi type steak as the main course and he'd have stayed on. It was too much like he had a sushi roll all ready to go if needed and just decided to do it then. Anyway Stephanie isn't cooking next week. Probably means she won the QF and they have two teams of 3 in the kitchen battling. I'm a little surprised they are/have run these shows without interruption so far. By this point last year they had taken 3 if not 4 weeks off. Lisa = Howie. Why can't they just get rid of her? Spike is a complete joke. Has he not been on the bottom of an individual challenge yet?

Tom>Your dish just didn't taste good.

Andrew>Oh, really...well I had 2 people come back for more.

Tom>That's because they were still hungry.

;)

Sorry Thrilled to see Adam Andrew go :thumbup: :lol:
Fixed.The guy was good for a little drama, but he had to be one of the most ridiculous goofballs on that show.

Andrew>"I'm either going to stab somebody, or cook some really kick### food."

:mellow: Yeah, you're an idiot.

Andrew>"I competed with dignity, honor, and loyalty!"

:lmao: Easy there William Wallace...you're just cooking some tuna rolls.
I agree. If his goal was to come off like a complete psycho who's a mediocre cook...mission accomplished!

I don't know why I like this show so much, but I do. and I don't even cook!

I agree that it's Dale, Richard, and Stephanie in the finals. I think they all can win it with their talent, but I have a feeling that Richard's personality and leadership will have him win it. it's a toss up between Dale and Richard for best actual cooking talent, but Dale's attitude may sink him.

the only thing I would like to see more than Lisa getting kicked off would be for her to be tarred, feathered, and given a blanket party...and then kicked off.

I'm a little disappointed that they couldn't find any female chefs this season that the masses would want to see nekked.

Too choreographed last night--how many times did they show Andrew saying how great he is etc.

Lisa is an ####### who deserves to be kicked in the ####.

early in the show, I thought that Lisa was one of the lesbians. now I'm completely convinced that she is, in fact, asexual.

Lisa and Spike should be the next to go, neither of them is up to the level of the remaining chefs.

Lisa has managed to come across as an ugly person not only on the outside, but on the inside as well.

I still think Richard is kind of a ringer, he's well known, has his own restaurant, and has been on Iron Chef. But Dale has won just as many elimination challenges, so there may be some competition there.

I think Stephanie might have the same problem Casey did last year if she makes it to the final. They're both the kinds of Chefs that need time to plan, and don't do things on the fly very well. That's why Stephanie never wins quickfires, and it's why Casey was dead last in the finale last year.

I think a shootout between Dale and Richard will determine the winner.

How did Lisa survive that? She is AWFUL.
Lisa sucks. I think this year Bravo wants more women involved in the top 4, so they're skewing it that way. Dale was probably the second or third best chef in that competition. Lisa and Spike should have been gone weeks ago.

Supposedly Collichio is mega mega mega anal about eliminations, and has it in his contract he gets final say on who stays and who goes, because he doesn't want BS producers determining who wins/loses.

Supposedly Collichio is mega mega mega anal about eliminations, and has it in his contract he gets final say on who stays and who goes, because he doesn't want BS producers determining who wins/loses.
That just makes tonights elimination more suspect, because he wasn't there. Although I don't know if I believe that or not, the producers get a big say in who stays and who goes. Case in point: The Marcel head shaving incedent from a couple of years ago. Tom wanted to send everybody involved home, but he didn't get to.

Shaft said:
radiohead417 said:
That just makes tonights elimination more suspect, because he wasn't there. Although I don't know if I believe that or not, the producers get a big say in who stays and who goes. Case in point: The Marcel head shaving incedent from a couple of years ago. Tom wanted to send everybody involved home, but he didn't get to.
That was still well deserved.Lisa sucks and hates everyone.I think it's a lock for Anotinteiaetie, Steph and Richard in the finals. His seafood prep is horrifying. Scales on the salmon and now the clams weren't scrubbed and washed enough?

How did Lisa survive that? She is AWFUL.
Lisa sucks. I think this year Bravo wants more women involved in the top 4, so they're skewing it that way. Dale was probably the second or third best chef in that competition. Lisa and Spike should have been gone weeks ago.
While I don't disagree one iota that Lisa sucks, if Dale is such a great chef, how come every team event has had him on the losing team? Yeah, I know he doesn't do all the cooking, but still...Tony Bourdain should have done a Donald Trump and fired BOTH Lisa and Dale.

I have such a huge crush on Anthony Bourdain it's sick. :confused:

OK, back to the show. Spike will beat out Lisa for the last spot in the final four.

good blog on the show here: http://www.skilletdoux.com/

also keeps track of how each chef has done on the challenges thus far.

numbers probably don't include this week's show yet, but Dale was 2nd in the power rankings with 4 wins, 10 times in the top group, and 3 times in the bottom group.

meanwhile, Spike has just 1 win to his credit from the quickfire a couple weeks ago. he's been in the top group 4 times and the bottom group 8 times.

Lisa has also just 1 win to her credit and has also been in the top group 4 times with 10 times in the bottom group.

Dale not able to control what "Asian" food that was being made was almost as funny as Nikki making bad pasta. Seems like the same scenario 2 weeks in a row. :wolf:

I don't know how they are planning to do this. I know they were concerned that the finalists leaked out last year, but the aspen F&W thing isn't actually happening for another 3 weeks. The do have a new one on the way next Wednesday, but will they take some time off to actually let the stuff get filmed or will they air it fairly soon after the actual recording?

Lisa definitely should have gone over Dale, but she's not going to last past another week or 2 anyway. Likewise, Dale had some chops, but can't cook anything besides Asian food. That would have carried him a little farther, but eventually he would have been called out on it and eliminated. Of the remaining five :

Richard - best cook, true leader. He wins going away. It was obvious by about episode 3 or 4 that he is the cream here. I would be flabbergasted if anyone else won. He consistently takes chances and almost always goes yard when he does. He might be the best chef in any of the 4 seasons of this show. I mean, the guy lost by 3 points on ICA to Mario Batali, who is probably one of the 5-10 best chefs in the world, IMO.

Lisa - won't last more than another week or two. She simply is not very good, and her attitude sucks. Shocked it wasn't her booted last night. Odds of making the final 3 : 700-1.

Antonia - quietly proving she belongs. She'll be in the final 3, I have very little doubt. She makes dishes the judges like, plain and simple and has built up enough points with her recent run of success to avoid elimination over a small mistake.

Spike - underrated because he looks like such a smug ########. Wouldn't be stunned if he snuck into the final 3. He trips up now and again, but he has strong recipes from working at such a top-shelf restauarant and the guy has skills. But more importantly, the strong recipes.. when he gets challenges that are in his wheelhouse and he doesn't have to work as part of a team, watch out.

Stephanie - talented, but inconsistent. She is more talented than, but makes more mistakes than Spike. She has her fate in her own hands at this point, but one misstep is all it takes. I think she's #3 right now but is also more prone to tripping up and leaving the door open for Spike to get into the final 3.

I don't know how they are planning to do this. I know they were concerned that the finalists leaked out last year, but the aspen F&W thing isn't actually happening for another 3 weeks. The do have a new one on the way next Wednesday, but will they take some time off to actually let the stuff get filmed or will they air it fairly soon after the actual recording?
The final four isn't going to Aspen. They are going to Puerto Rico.This article also has some information on next week's show:

http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=194287

The episode focuses on Chicago steak houses and Tramonto said the challenge is to take over this steak house and run it for the night. Tramonto and his staff are prohibited from revealing details about the episode, but says he was involved in the "quick fire" challenge as well, a competition among the five cheftestants that wins them special privileges in the elimination challenge.

"Top Chef" started with 16 young chefs. Each week judges have told one to "pack your knives and leave." Wednesday's episode pares down the field to the final four chefs who will battle it out in Puerto Rico (airs June 4). The season four finale airs June 11 with one being crowned "Top Chef."
It’s official. Bravo TV has just confirmed that ‘Top Chef’ filmed the season finale (a two-parter) in Puerto Rico. The first part will air June 4, and will show the final four chefs competing to see which three will be in the last episode. That show will air June 11. Wilo Benet, chef of Pikayo restaurant and known for his Puerto Rican gourmet cuisine, will be guest judge. So expect those island flavors in the final challenges.

Another observation, with only three regular episodes left, the finale comes right away without forcing fans to wait several weeks as in past seasons. Is that to keep word from leaking out?
http://leisureblogs.chicagotribune.com/the...hef-journe.html

Users who are viewing this thread