What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL**** TOP CHEF THREAD (1 Viewer)

Just ranking them off bios

Men(9):

Tier 1 - Experienced chefs with restaurant executive experience and menu design

Alex

Fabio - The spanish/med style lends itself to quick cooking a bit more.

Gene

Hosea - Previous food competition experience.

Stefan - Very strong candidate here. Resume is vastly above the field.

Tier 2 - At least culinary school or at high school dropout level.

Danny

Jeff

Richard

Tier 3 - Schtick monkey

Patrick

Women(8):

Tier 1 - Got a chance, but none standout.

Ariane

Carla

Leah

Tier 2 - No chance

Jamie

Lauren

Melissa

Radhika

Jill

culdeus said:
Tier 2 - No chanceJamieLaurenMelissa RadhikaJill
Are any of them an obnoxious, unattractive Lesbian who clashes with everyone and makes for "good TV"? If so, I'd say they have a good chance to make the final 3. This is Bravo, after all.

Anyone catch it? Stefan is a huge tool and looks like he's going to get toolier but it would be hard not to think he's going to be there a long, long time. Looks like he wins immunity again next week. I also think that Jill could be a dark horse candidate.

The culinary guy really had no shot, I mean, how can you compete with these other chefs when you've never plated food other than at culinary school? Long shot indeed. I think this may be my favorite show.

Anyone catch it? Stefan is a huge tool and looks like he's going to get toolier but it would be hard not to think he's going to be there a long, long time. Looks like he wins immunity again next week. I also think that Jill could be a dark horse candidate. The culinary guy really had no shot, I mean, how can you compete with these other chefs when you've never plated food other than at culinary school? Long shot indeed. I think this may be my favorite show.
Not for sure he had immunity for next week. Said previews were from whole season.

Why did the cute girl have to be the first one eliminated? Still glad this show is back on though. I already think the evil Euros will make for good TV. Especially since they're good cooks.

Padma looks hot, hotter than last season IMO.

That Stefan guy they are painting to be a total tool, but it seems like he has skillz. Skillz or tooldom can take you a long way in this competition, the fact that he has both makes him a force to reckon with.

I will be avoiding him for a while in my TC suicide pool.

The Hawaiian dude (eugene?) has potential according to my wife, not sure I fully agree but I'm getting a little Hung vibe from him.

I hope the eliminate the bear contestant ASAP he was really annoying me. And the skinny 44 year old chick will not last more than 2 or 3 episodes from now.

Why did the cute girl have to be the first one eliminated? Still glad this show is back on though. I already think the evil Euros will make for good TV. Especially since they're good cooks.
I'm not sure I'd classify her as "the cute girl" She looked like she was 40 but was only 23. She was also super annoying.

I'm not sure I'd classify her as "the cute girl" She looked like she was 40 but was only 23. She was also super annoying.
She was cute relative to the rest of them. And I don't know how you could get super annoying out of about a minute of screen time. I do agree on the bear guy though. He's a little over the top.

I think Eugene is the dark horse. Anyone who can taste something he has never had and then make something that tastes like it is a reallly good cook. Of course, it could just be the editing as he seemed to eat some Indian thing that look totally different from what he made but I will not facts get in the way of my reality TV imposed narrative.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tough for me to see this going to anyone besides Stefan but who knows. FWIW, Centro Vinoteca (the place the lady in the best 3 cooked) is a Mario Batali offshoot fom his ex-2nd in command, so she should be very well trained though we'll see how she does outside of "Italian".

Bravo is really short-changing the male viewers of this show with the dogs they've carted out for this season. Guess I'll have to rely on Gail Simmons for my eye candy. (And I agree that Padma has stepped it up this season).

Stefan is almost certainly a lock to be in the final 3. His experience and training is a notch above everyone else. Hope they get rid of the big goose-looking girl with the glasses...she is annoying.

The girl who was in bottom 2 last night is terrible. "I'm gonna bring it . . .you know I will." "I've got so much to give." Blah, blah, blah...gag. I thought Colicchio was going to come across the table and strangle her when she made the comment about relying on a cookbook if someone asked for a certain type of cuisine.

Love this show . . . I'm not a foodie or even a good cook and this is the best thing going on TV, IMO.

Plus she'd be so over the top about the husband in Iraq like that one girl last season about missing her daughters. It would be her whole focus for the producers and a major distraction finally.Comment from mrs. RE: She's not going to "sit around while her husband is gone": So all the other military wives are just wasting their time? Right.

I thought Colicchio was going to come across the table and strangle her when she made the comment about relying on a cookbook if someone asked for a certain type of cuisine.
Yeah, I think she blew any chance she had right there. The whole room went quiet.

I think Eugene is the dark horse. Anyone who can taste something he has never had and then make something that tastes like it is a reallly good cook. Of course, it could just be the editing as he seemed to eat some Indian thing that look totally different from what he made but I will not facts get in the way of my reality TV imposed narrative.
:unsure: Also, wasn't he the one who has no formal training but started as a dishwasher and has just worked in kitchens his whole life? My food industry friends always claim that those guys are the best cooks on the planet.

:unsure: Also, wasn't he the one who has no formal training but started as a dishwasher and has just worked in kitchens his whole life? My food industry friends always claim that those guys are the best cooks on the planet.
Yeah, he's the one that was the dishwasher; pretty cool Lack of formal training could be a problem though, always seem like some challenge requires knowledge you almost had to have gone to culinary school for

I can't root for him, though. His head is just way too tiny. Freaks me out.

:goodposting: Also, wasn't he the one who has no formal training but started as a dishwasher and has just worked in kitchens his whole life? My food industry friends always claim that those guys are the best cooks on the planet.
:lmao:TU, I agree that his lack of formal training will come back to bite him at some point. As everyone seems to agree, the Nordic jerk will go far.

I must be a cynic, but I find it hard to believe that anyone could just whip up a Masala sauce extemporaneously that's authentic. So I'm assuming that Eugene is just a bull####ter. Which is fine, as long as he can cook.I thought Hosea had the kind of the archetypal "Top Chef" qualities. Thoughtful, well-prepared food. Polished presentation. I was surprised he wasn't in the top 3.

Anyone catch it? Stefan is a huge tool and looks like he's going to get toolier but it would be hard not to think he's going to be there a long, long time. Looks like he wins immunity again next week. I also think that Jill could be a dark horse candidate. The culinary guy really had no shot, I mean, how can you compete with these other chefs when you've never plated food other than at culinary school? Long shot indeed. I think this may be my favorite show.
Not for sure he had immunity for next week. Said previews were from whole season.
Stefan is giving off a 007 villain vibe. What has Ernst Stavro Blofeld been up to these days?Both contestants bounced last night were Culinary Institute of America people. Not a ringing endorsement of the CIA, Mr. Leiter.

:headbang: Also, wasn't he the one who has no formal training but started as a dishwasher and has just worked in kitchens his whole life? My food industry friends always claim that those guys are the best cooks on the planet.
:thumbup:TU, I agree that his lack of formal training will come back to bite him at some point. As everyone seems to agree, the Nordic jerk will go far.
Nordic jerks have been going far for 1200 years

I must be a cynic, but I find it hard to believe that anyone could just whip up a Masala sauce extemporaneously that's authentic.
But he didn't even know the name of the dish he made—Padma had to tell him. I believe he probably has more technical skills than he lets on, but he seemed to be totally out of his element at the Indian grocery store. I'm willing to believe he has a good palate and made that dish by accident.

Is Gail Simmons pregnant? When they showed her standing it looked like she had eaten the losing contestant.

I must be a cynic, but I find it hard to believe that anyone could just whip up a Masala sauce extemporaneously that's authentic.
But he didn't even know the name of the dish he made—Padma had to tell him. I believe he probably has more technical skills than he lets on, but he seemed to be totally out of his element at the Indian grocery store. I'm willing to believe he has a good palate and made that dish by accident.
He was also going for a tzatziki (greek), which ain't that far off from a raita, a common indian sauce/dish. I chalk it up to good fortune on his part that it came so close to something Indian, and that Padma was familiar with it.

He was also going for a tzatziki (greek), which ain't that far off from a raita, a common indian sauce/dish. I chalk it up to good fortune on his part that it came so close to something Indian, and that Padma was familiar with it.
Maybe he will be like Mikey from a few seasons ago--probably not the background to win it, but can make food that tastes good. I envision Tom going all "but the challenge was to make a Icelandic inspired wedding cookie" and Padma will go with the pouty "but his BBQ gnocchi and watermelon puree tasted grrreat." Pouty Padma always wins.

Good find. Of all of them, I enjoyed Stephanie's and Brian's best, but then again, I liked those two when they were on the show. Good to see that Richard hasn't moved on from his choking in the finale. I found this to be particularly bitter, "There are so many contestants whose names people don't remember. Did you really want to be the girl who always made pasta? The guy who shaved that other guys head? Or the angry lesbian on "that cooking show?" You'll be alright."

culdeus said:
Fennis said:
Is Gail Simmons pregnant? When they showed her standing it looked like she had eaten the losing contestant.
Maybe I'm remembering this wrong, but she had a kid between seasons, no?
I think they always hid her size. I remember thinking that I thought she was cute but couldn't tell what her body was like. I think she just got married. That dress was a typical dress to try and hide her size. It just wasn't that successful. I still think she's cute though.It seems Padma is getting a little more personality on the show.

To some extent now they will regret having it in NY. Not since the Casey leak in season 3 has anything of substance gotten out. Looks like pretty much the whole season has been leaked already. Please keep the spoilers out of this thread even in spoiler tags. Thanks.

To some extent now they will regret having it in NY. Not since the Casey leak in season 3 has anything of substance gotten out. Looks like pretty much the whole season has been leaked already. Please keep the spoilers out of this thread even in spoiler tags. Thanks.
Where have you learned that the season was leaked?

Not saying and don't pm me won't answer.

:lmao: Okay...I don't want anywhere near the spoilers. I was just curious if this was from the web or if you knew someone with a connection to the show.

:goodposting: Okay...I don't want anywhere near the spoilers. I was just curious if this was from the web or if you knew someone with a connection to the show.
No, it's from the web. Typical stuff of amateur paparazzi snapping shots of camera crews and the show in different spots. Oh well. I didn't pick up anything of value. Just trying to figure out the show schedule around the holidays and things and bumped into stuff unknowingly.

I thought it was hilarious when Tom called the one guy out about ripping off something Wolfgang Puck has been doing for 20 years.

I agree with Scoob in that Hosea is my pick to win it all. It seems like the person they put forward as the favorite in the early episodes (Sam, Trey, Richard) usually trips up somewhere along the way. I can see the Euros having trouble in the team competitions if they're as d-baggy as they were portrayed.

Users who are viewing this thread