Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jabarony

Seinfeld Question

At the end of the episode where Ma & Pa stole Jerry's sneakers, what movie/TV show are they spoofing when they are in the bus at the end? Kramer gets a nose bleed and whines he's falling apart. A Jim Croce song (I think) is in the backgroud.

At the end of the episode where Ma & Pa stole Jerry's sneakers, what movie/TV show are they spoofing when they are in the bus at the end? Kramer gets a nose bleed and whines he's falling apart. A Jim Croce song (I think) is in the backgroud.

They are spoofing the end of Midnight Cowboy

Wasn't it Midnight Cowboy that was spoofing that Seinfeld episode?

Brokeback Mountain.

My Seinfeld questions:

How come no one ever noticed that the physical layout of Jerry's apartment and the coffee shop don't line up right?

For example, whenever we see Jerry's hallway, with Kramer's door opposite his, it's a straight hallway. There's like an 8 foot, straight on wall and at the end is Jerry's door. Yet, when Jerry opens the door, there's a kitchen to his left and behind him--right where he was just standing on the outside of the apartment.

Same with the coffee shop. The stock shot of the red-neon sign "Tom's Restaurant" is a flat-front building parallel to the street. There's even a door shown, facing straight out. When we go inside, however, there's an entryway with a door at a right angle--perpendicular to the exterior shot.

Yet, it never bugs anyone that both geographies are wrong. Dozens of years, hundreds of viewings, for most people it's just :rolleyes:

My Seinfeld questions:How come no one ever noticed that the physical layout of Jerry's apartment and the coffee shop don't line up right? For example, whenever we see Jerry's hallway, with Kramer's door opposite his, it's a straight hallway. There's like an 8 foot, straight on wall and at the end is Jerry's door. Yet, when Jerry opens the door, there's a kitchen to his left and behind him--right where he was just standing on the outside of the apartment.Same with the coffee shop. The stock shot of the red-neon sign "Tom's Restaurant" is a flat-front building parallel to the street. There's even a door shown, facing straight out. When we go inside, however, there's an entryway with a door at a right angle--perpendicular to the exterior shot.Yet, it never bugs anyone that both geographies are wrong. Dozens of years, hundreds of viewings, for most people it's just :rolleyes:

Sorry, pretty sure the answer was Midnight Cowboy.

Brokeback Mountain.

:rolleyes: I was wrong, it was, apparently, Midnight Cowboy.

You guys are all wrong. The answer is "Midnight Cowboy."

My Seinfeld questions:How come no one ever noticed that the physical layout of Jerry's apartment and the coffee shop don't line up right? For example, whenever we see Jerry's hallway, with Kramer's door opposite his, it's a straight hallway. There's like an 8 foot, straight on wall and at the end is Jerry's door. Yet, when Jerry opens the door, there's a kitchen to his left and behind him--right where he was just standing on the outside of the apartment.Same with the coffee shop. The stock shot of the red-neon sign "Tom's Restaurant" is a flat-front building parallel to the street. There's even a door shown, facing straight out. When we go inside, however, there's an entryway with a door at a right angle--perpendicular to the exterior shot.Yet, it never bugs anyone that both geographies are wrong. Dozens of years, hundreds of viewings, for most people it's just :lmao:

Because no one gives a ####?

Well...if no one is going to answer...

What is "Midnight Cowboy"?

I'll take '90s Sitcoms for 800, Alex.

My Seinfeld questions:How come no one ever noticed that the physical layout of Jerry's apartment and the coffee shop don't line up right? For example, whenever we see Jerry's hallway, with Kramer's door opposite his, it's a straight hallway. There's like an 8 foot, straight on wall and at the end is Jerry's door. Yet, when Jerry opens the door, there's a kitchen to his left and behind him--right where he was just standing on the outside of the apartment.Same with the coffee shop. The stock shot of the red-neon sign "Tom's Restaurant" is a flat-front building parallel to the street. There's even a door shown, facing straight out. When we go inside, however, there's an entryway with a door at a right angle--perpendicular to the exterior shot.Yet, it never bugs anyone that both geographies are wrong. Dozens of years, hundreds of viewings, for most people it's just :lmao:

FYI, those aren't their real names either.

My Seinfeld questions:How come no one ever noticed that the physical layout of Jerry's apartment and the coffee shop don't line up right? For example, whenever we see Jerry's hallway, with Kramer's door opposite his, it's a straight hallway. There's like an 8 foot, straight on wall and at the end is Jerry's door. Yet, when Jerry opens the door, there's a kitchen to his left and behind him--right where he was just standing on the outside of the apartment.Same with the coffee shop. The stock shot of the red-neon sign "Tom's Restaurant" is a flat-front building parallel to the street. There's even a door shown, facing straight out. When we go inside, however, there's an entryway with a door at a right angle--perpendicular to the exterior shot.Yet, it never bugs anyone that both geographies are wrong. Dozens of years, hundreds of viewings, for most people it's just :headbang:

Well, it's gonna bug me NOW. Thanks a lot.

My Seinfeld questions:How come no one ever noticed that the physical layout of Jerry's apartment and the coffee shop don't line up right? For example, whenever we see Jerry's hallway, with Kramer's door opposite his, it's a straight hallway. There's like an 8 foot, straight on wall and at the end is Jerry's door. Yet, when Jerry opens the door, there's a kitchen to his left and behind him--right where he was just standing on the outside of the apartment.Same with the coffee shop. The stock shot of the red-neon sign "Tom's Restaurant" is a flat-front building parallel to the street. There's even a door shown, facing straight out. When we go inside, however, there's an entryway with a door at a right angle--perpendicular to the exterior shot.Yet, it never bugs anyone that both geographies are wrong. Dozens of years, hundreds of viewings, for most people it's just :thumbup:

Optical illusion.

My Seinfeld questions:

How come no one ever noticed that the physical layout of Jerry's apartment and the coffee shop don't line up right?

For example, whenever we see Jerry's hallway, with Kramer's door opposite his, it's a straight hallway. There's like an 8 foot, straight on wall and at the end is Jerry's door. Yet, when Jerry opens the door, there's a kitchen to his left and behind him--right where he was just standing on the outside of the apartment.

Same with the coffee shop. The stock shot of the red-neon sign "Tom's Restaurant" is a flat-front building parallel to the street. There's even a door shown, facing straight out. When we go inside, however, there's an entryway with a door at a right angle--perpendicular to the exterior shot.

Yet, it never bugs anyone that both geographies are wrong. Dozens of years, hundreds of viewings, for most people it's just :thumbup:

Optical illusion.
Actually, that's a rather interesting question and there's been a lot of thought given to the explanation.

http://tinyurl.com/2afdld

No, I think it was a Dustin Hoffman movie.

The Graduate probably. Maybe Tootsie...

My Seinfeld questions:How come no one ever noticed that the physical layout of Jerry's apartment and the coffee shop don't line up right? For example, whenever we see Jerry's hallway, with Kramer's door opposite his, it's a straight hallway. There's like an 8 foot, straight on wall and at the end is Jerry's door. Yet, when Jerry opens the door, there's a kitchen to his left and behind him--right where he was just standing on the outside of the apartment.Same with the coffee shop. The stock shot of the red-neon sign "Tom's Restaurant" is a flat-front building parallel to the street. There's even a door shown, facing straight out. When we go inside, however, there's an entryway with a door at a right angle--perpendicular to the exterior shot.Yet, it never bugs anyone that both geographies are wrong. Dozens of years, hundreds of viewings, for most people it's just :thumbup:

It's a TV show about nothing. You're thinking too much. HTH

Pretty sure it's "C.H.U.D."

No, I think it was a Dustin Hoffman movie. The Graduate probably. Maybe Tootsie...

I think it was "Ishtar"

My Seinfeld questions:

Yet, it never bugs anyone that both geographies are wrong. Dozens of years, hundreds of viewings, for most people it's just :goodposting:

Optical illusion.
Actually, that's a rather interesting question and there's been a lot of thought given to the explanation.

http://tinyurl.com/2afdld

FALSE.

My Seinfeld questions:How come no one ever noticed that the physical layout of Jerry's apartment and the coffee shop don't line up right? For example, whenever we see Jerry's hallway, with Kramer's door opposite his, it's a straight hallway. There's like an 8 foot, straight on wall and at the end is Jerry's door. Yet, when Jerry opens the door, there's a kitchen to his left and behind him--right where he was just standing on the outside of the apartment.Same with the coffee shop. The stock shot of the red-neon sign "Tom's Restaurant" is a flat-front building parallel to the street. There's even a door shown, facing straight out. When we go inside, however, there's an entryway with a door at a right angle--perpendicular to the exterior shot.Yet, it never bugs anyone that both geographies are wrong. Dozens of years, hundreds of viewings, for most people it's just :construction:

serenity now...

CANNIBALISTIC HUMANOID UNDERGROUND DWELLERS

CANNIBALISTIC HUMANOID UNDERGROUND DWELLERS
This guy knows things.

Midnight Madness - the one with Michael J Fox.

Did this get answered yet?

My Seinfeld questions:How come no one ever noticed that the physical layout of Jerry's apartment and the coffee shop don't line up right? For example, whenever we see Jerry's hallway, with Kramer's door opposite his, it's a straight hallway. There's like an 8 foot, straight on wall and at the end is Jerry's door. Yet, when Jerry opens the door, there's a kitchen to his left and behind him--right where he was just standing on the outside of the apartment.Same with the coffee shop. The stock shot of the red-neon sign "Tom's Restaurant" is a flat-front building parallel to the street. There's even a door shown, facing straight out. When we go inside, however, there's an entryway with a door at a right angle--perpendicular to the exterior shot.Yet, it never bugs anyone that both geographies are wrong. Dozens of years, hundreds of viewings, for most people it's just :unsure:

serenity now...
Yes?

what?

Different question. In the episode where Sue Ellen is about to get married in India(subplots of George dating Nina-"Reparations!"&Kramer battling FDR), the episode is shown in reverse in short segments. What movie is this modeled? I always thought "Momento", but I think it was released after this episode.

Different question. In the episode where Sue Ellen is about to get married in India(subplots of George dating Nina-"Reparations!"&Kramer battling FDR), the episode is shown in reverse in short segments. What movie is this modeled? I always thought "Momento", but I think it was released after this episode.

Kinda Pulp Fiction-ish, but not quite.

Harold Pinter's play "Betrayal". Episode title is the same and they also named the groom Pinter.

Harold Pinter's play "Betrayal". Episode title is the same and they also named the groom Pinter.
Cool. Unfortunately, I am unfamiliar with this play. Thanks videoguy!

Everybody's talkin at me, Can't hear a word their sayin'

I've never seen a trivia question go unanswered in the FFA for this long.

Never.

My Seinfeld questions:

Yet, it never bugs anyone that both geographies are wrong. Dozens of years, hundreds of viewings, for most people it's just :shrug:

what?
In many episodes, the exterior hallway to Jerry's apartment is shown as, well, a long, straight hallway, and at the end are Jerry and Kramer's doors. I couldn't find a good shot but this one kind of gives you the idea. Anyway, even in that shot, there's no way it lines up with the interior, where the wall bends to accomodate Jerry's kitchen about a foot away from the edge of the door frame. The back of the fridge and the entire kitchen should be in the hallway.

As far as Monks/Tom's Restaurant, the exterior door to the street is parallel to the street itself. In the show, however, the entrance is perpendicular... or, the woman at the counter and the entire back of the diner, including the bathrooms, are out in the street.