Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FinHead

Dark Tower Series - The Movie(s) / Series

Recommended Posts

20 minutes ago, Homer J Simpson said:

Book 1 was pretty terrible IMO. 

Go then.  There are other threads than these

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Evilgrin 72 said:

A lot of the book series does take place in our own world.  I also don't think they need to faithfully adapt the first book as a standalone movie, I think they could get through the first two in one film as I don't believe very much action takes place in book one (IIRC, I read that a LONG LONG time ago.)

It's been awhile since I read book 1, but IIRC "a lot" is even an understatement. In the other world, didn't he basically have a pow wow with the man in black, climb some rocks, get clawed by a lobstrosity and walk along a beach for awhile? Almost everything happened in our world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gunslinger has the whole backstory with him fighting Cort and all that though, doesn't it?

but I agree book 2 and 3 are really what hooked me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe they'll start with Drawing of the Three and flashback The Gunslinger book throughout?  

I'm pretty intrigued by the cast but honestly I think they're going to ruin the movies for book fans.  There's just too much for a couple of movies.  The movie / series / movie / series / movie idea would have been awesome.  Wizards and Glass, Wolves of Calla could have been like stand alone season series.  The main chase could have arc'd through the movies.  It would have been great.

Also would make an amazing AMC or HBO series.  I just think they're going to try to push the entire story into 3 movies and we're all going to scream.   

For non-book fans it may still turn out to be really great.  The characters are just so good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/14/2016 at 10:49 AM, lombardi said:

Maybe they'll start with Drawing of the Three and flashback The Gunslinger book throughout?  

I'm pretty intrigued by the cast but honestly I think they're going to ruin the movies for book fans.  There's just too much for a couple of movies.  The movie / series / movie / series / movie idea would have been awesome.  Wizards and Glass, Wolves of Calla could have been like stand alone season series.  The main chase could have arc'd through the movies.  It would have been great.

Also would make an amazing AMC or HBO series.  I just think they're going to try to push the entire story into 3 movies and we're all going to scream.   

For non-book fans it may still turn out to be really great.  The characters are just so good.

If Peter Jackson could stretch The Hobbit into three movies then I think they can get more than three out of this series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting article on the direction the movie adaptation may take.  Some may think it's spoilery though, so be warned:


Click here...unless you're afraid of a potential spoiler...then don't

I think this is actually a great way to do this, knowing this series (hopefully) of movies can have a finite ending.  Opens up so many options for what they could do too, and they don't necessarily have to follow the books verbatim, and can use the best pieces and expand on them. Getting excited about this now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2016 at 11:11 AM, Skipdog77 said:

Interesting article on the direction the movie adaptation may take.  Some may think it's spoilery though, so be warned:


Click here...unless you're afraid of a potential spoiler...then don't

 

  Reveal hidden contents

I think this is actually a great way to do this, knowing this series (hopefully) of movies can have a finite ending.  Opens up so many options for what they could do too, and they don't necessarily have to follow the books verbatim, and can use the best pieces and expand on them. Getting excited about this now.

 

I wasn't that excited about the movie until I saw this potential approach. 

 

 

Could give them some freedom to use the best parts and right some wrongs / fix the lame ways all the bad guys (especially Flagg & Mordred) went down.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lehigh98 said:

I wasn't that excited about the movie until I saw this potential approach. 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

Could give them some freedom to use the best parts and right some wrongs and fix the lame ways all the bad guys (especially Flagg & Mordred) went down.

 

I am far more excited about it now. My fear was them not honoring the books enough. When I heard about this theory it made all the sense in the world. I think thanks to JJ Abrams and what he did with Star Trek, we will see more thinking along these lines. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a great concept.  If correctly executed it would raise the enjoyment for book readers, and would even draw non book readers into reading the series.

Of course...it would mean two threads here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.