Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Recommended Posts

Just booked a trip 1st weekend in December.  Good time for us between holidays, and there's always tons of entertainment going on during the Rodeo.  We'll book a few concerts (already have Jason Aldean for his first night back since the Route 66 concert incident.  Should be a lot of emotion/buzz for that one.  Try some new restaurants.  Football and races in the Book.  Staying at the Elara.  Good location, walkable to everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably going to check out Opium with the wife in a few weeks. Don't feel like getting up and waiting in line at the kiosks, but I feel like there's gotta be a better way to get tickets than buying them direct. Any tips for someplace online? Also if anyone has been, any suggestions on where to sit? Someone gave great advice to get one of the back tables for Absinthe, which was perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/14/2019 at 3:22 PM, Drunken knight said:

FFPC weekend coming up :pickle:

Had to move my flight up to very early because of the hurricane. I only slept about an hour last night, but I am on the plane. Fired up and tired.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

Had to move my flight up to very early because of the hurricane. I only slept about an hour last night, but I am on the plane. Fired up and tired.

you won't be tired when you see the Vegas lights.  good luck in your draft.  a little hair of the dog will help.  {experience}

my son is flying out tomorrow for an FFPC live main event draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2019 at 12:43 PM, Michael Brown said:

Probably going to check out Opium with the wife in a few weeks. Don't feel like getting up and waiting in line at the kiosks, but I feel like there's gotta be a better way to get tickets than buying them direct. Any tips for someplace online? Also if anyone has been, any suggestions on where to sit? Someone gave great advice to get one of the back tables for Absinthe, which was perfect.

Was looking at the dinner and a show deal for Opium, but didn't bring a suit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

Had to move my flight up to very early because of the hurricane. I only slept about an hour last night, but I am on the plane. Fired up and tired.

Watching the game at beer park. Feel free to join

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man I miss those FPPC (well, WCOFF, I'm old-skool) weekends.  Haven't been in 7-8 years now.  Maybe one day I'll start going but that trip's been replaced by the first weekend of March Madness.  Can't do both, unfortunately.

Have fun FFA-er's!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Drunken knight said:

Watching the game at beer park. Feel free to join

We are at the FFPC party, but might come that way later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got home last night from an 11 day Nevada golf vacation. We golfed in Incline, South Lake, Carson City, Gardnerville... Vegas and Henderson. BUT, one experience blew them all away. I didn't search to see if anyone recommended this but...

I cannot recommend a better day for golfers in "Vegas" than the Paiute Golf Resort about 40 minutes north of town. You're not just far away from the bright lights and hustle of Vegas. You can see the highway in the distance and nothing but desert in every direction as far as you can see. Surreal really. A stretch limo for 45 minutes and your there. $40 bucks each for your foursome. That's both ways. And well, just three great course (i only played the original). This is a really great, really unique experience. Do it golfers. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2019 at 5:46 PM, Drunken Cowboy said:

We are at the FFPC party, but might come that way later.

Disappointed we missed... I bet less than 20 yards away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/26/2019 at 8:04 PM, parasaurolophus said:

They have changed this thing so much. Only updating because I dont want somebody making the mistake of paying money because of advice that is no longer valid. The multipliers no longer count toward scratchers. They have other new weird multipliers and have raised the price in number of gems for rooms. The cheapest rooms used to be 1600 gems now they are 2000 gems and they are harder to get gems and fewer rooms are available. 

I do suspect the first free night is actually easier to get now, with any subsequent nights getting much more difficult than they were. 

ETA:didnt mean to quote CGRdrJoe there since it was my original post not his.

 

 

WYNN Slots is completely nerfed now according to Reddit.  I haven't looked at it closely yet but sounds like they introduced VIP levels, for which you need to be level 2 in order to get the comped rooms.  Achieving level two is nearly impossible without spending real $$.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WynnSlots/comments/d2ztly/vip/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anybody see this "venue tax" business? Seems bars/restaurants at park mgm are charging an extra hidden fee. Some places at sahara (formerly sls, formerly...ummmm...sahara?) are doing this too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

Anybody see this "venue tax" business? Seems bars/restaurants at park mgm are charging an extra hidden fee. Some places at sahara (formerly sls, formerly...ummmm...sahara?) are doing this too.

Tons of place do this. Google "Vegas concession fee" before your trip. Spreading like a plague.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, kevzilla said:

Tons of place do this. Google "Vegas concession fee" before your trip. Spreading like a plague.

It looks like the tide on that fee has turned. I can only find like 6 places doing it. 

Hopefully this venue fee gets nipped in the bud quick too. Looks like it was as high as 12%. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My last hand of the trip:

I have been playing for a few hours my gf and friends are all in bed. It is about that time. I  am playing Pai Gow poker. I have $100 bet out. I am betting $5 on the fortune bonus. I thank the dealer and put $5 for him on the bonus and put $5 out on the progressive bet as well. I hit a straight flush. I win my hand, 50 to 1 on fortune, and an extra $500 on the progressive bet. 

 

Can't wait for my next trip.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always fun to hit something like that.  A few years ago I sat down at 3 Card Poker for the first time, 'cause some friends were playing it.  It's an interesting game, in that you can lose quickly, you can win a LOT quickly, or you can just sit there and ride the coaster for quite a while as you imbibe.  I did a lot of the latter. 

Until I was down to my last $75.  I thought about asking for check change and drawing it out, but I was just about done anyway, and it seemed awfully coincidental 3 chips and 3 bets.  So I plunked down my 3 $25 chips and waited for Kevorkian the dealer to administer her mercy.  But a strange thing happened on the way to Bustville.  If you don't know 3 card Poker, the first bet is your Ante.  The second bet is that you'll get a pair or better.  The third bet is what they call a six card bonus.  If your 3 cards PLUS her 3 cards yield three of a kind or better, you get paid on a sliding scale.  1 to 1 for 3 of a kind.  1000 to 1 for a Royal Flush.

So I got my cards and took a look.  This is the point at which you have to decide if you want to make a 4th bet, to play against the dealer's 3 blind cards.  That bet has to match your Ante.  My buddy said he knew I had something good because he's never seen me reach for money that quickly.  Well, I did. I placed my bet, and she flipped over my straight flush (J-Q-Ks).  Which won my bet, my ante, and my pairs or better bet.  But the 6 card bonus payout on that straight flush was 40 to 1.  A nice little bonus to be sure. 

But if she flips the A-10 of spades, we're goin' to ##########in' Sizzler.  And we're taking her with us.  

'Twas not to be, of course.  But it made the rest of the weekend so much easier.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a 6 card straight flush earlier in the weekend. The last card was a black q. I needed a q of clubs for a 40k hit, but it was the q of spades.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/21/2019 at 8:14 PM, Tiger Fan said:

any new lunch places to hit up?  Yardbird was a great recommendation from this thread a few years back

tap....anyone?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Played 3 card poker for the first time on my trip last week.  As I was reading up before I left, the 'experts' advice was to not play the pair bonus nor 6 card bonus, but everyone out there was playing all three (or whatever was available pre deal). 

It might be more mindless than roulette to play, which could be good or bad thing depending on your mood.   Ultimately success comes down to  the cards you get, and I was getting bad cards both times I played. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

a year ago walked away from the craps table at 2:00 AM with an extra grand in my pocket.   woman,  about 21 yrs old & stunning(assuming working girl) asked me on the elevator on the way up "you married tonight"?   I was & I said so.  it was very hard to do.  [slumping]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, irishidiot said:

a year ago walked away from the craps table at 2:00 AM with an extra grand in my pocket.   woman,  about 21 yrs old & stunning(assuming working girl) asked me on the elevator on the way up "you married tonight"?   I was & I said so.  it was very hard to do.  [slumping]

I dont even like touching door handles. The thought of having sex with a hooker makes me want to vomit and spray lysol on my penis. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Tiger Fan said:

tap....anyone?

If you want a fun, inexpensive casual place to have lunch--Crack Shack just in front of Park MGM has great fried chicken and great fried chicken sandwiches.    The Firebird is really good if you want something spicy.   Next door to Crack Shack is Eataly--which is a cool place to go if you like good quality Italian "street food".  They have great sandwiches and you can create your own cheese/meat/bread platters.  They also have really tasty Italian pastries and chocolates.  It's basically set up like an italian street market.  It's a cool place to go for lunch.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jvdesigns2002 said:

If you want a fun, inexpensive casual place to have lunch--Crack Shack just in front of Park MGM has great fried chicken and great fried chicken sandwiches.    The Firebird is really good if you want something spicy.   Next door to Crack Shack is Eataly--which is a cool place to go if you like good quality Italian "street food".  They have great sandwiches and you can create your own cheese/meat/bread platters.  They also have really tasty Italian pastries and chocolates.  It's basically set up like an italian street market.  It's a cool place to go for lunch.  

thx

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Rodrigo Duterte said:

When are you going, where are you staying?

BVFWIH :oldunsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tiger Fan said:

thx

I’ll second those recommendations, and actually that whole area. They’ve done it very nicely, and there’s some good spots over by NYNY. You can’t go wrong wandering around there and picking a spot.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, irishidiot said:

a year ago walked away from the craps table at 2:00 AM with an extra grand in my pocket.   woman,  about 21 yrs old & stunning(assuming working girl) asked me on the elevator on the way up "you married tonight"?   I was & I said so.  it was very hard to do.  [slumping]

After a big night at tables in the MGM had two girls come up and ask if I wanted "to party"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ffldrew said:

After a big night at tables in the MGM had two girls come up and ask if I wanted "to party"

pics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, ffldrew said:

After a big night at tables in the MGM had two girls come up and ask if I wanted "to party"

At their expense?!?!

Very nice of them to offer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ffldrew said:

After a big night at tables in the MGM had two girls come up and ask if I wanted "to party"

One of our favorite pastimes in Vegas has become hooker/not a hooker.  Occasionally tougher than you might think at Circle Bar in NYNY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Once resulting in a provocatively dressed young lady yelling at one of our GBs, "OH MY GOD, YOU THINK I'M A HOOKER!?!?!? WTF?!?"

Good times.

  • Laughing 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was pleasantly surprised by Eataly.  It's a massive waste of space.  There's a ton of overlap in the food between counters. They could have accomplished the same thing with a fraction of the Sq Ft they used.  And it's not cheap for what it is.  But the quality was there.  Had the Arancini and a Traditional at the sandwich counter. It's not fine dining, but both better than I expected.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Sideshow Bob said:

"You girls party?"

"Uh, nope." lol

Good times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The greatest part of Eataly is the fact that you can walk in off the strip, walk straight through it and when you exit, you are at Best Friend. 

THAT'S where you want to eat....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, starting to plan my youngest brother's bachelor party in Vegas.

Targeting May 14-18.

Get in on Thursday and get settled.
Friday go hard
Saturday go hard
Sunday recuperate
Monday fly out

Normally I go around March Madness, so spend 90% of my time in a book.

My rough itinerary is:

Friday: Battlefield Vegas...Dinner...Strip Club
Saturday: Pool Cabana...Dinner...Night Club
Sunday: Zion tour or something...Dinner

I'm concerned about cost for some of the guys that are invited. Any recommendations for what I should be planning? Figure we have 6-10 guys who will come.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're craving bbq there's a few Bell's Bbqs in the valley. Don't go.

If it's pizza, there's a few Joe's in the valley. Go.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Gawain said:

So, starting to plan my youngest brother's bachelor party in Vegas.

Targeting May 14-18.

Get in on Thursday and get settled.
Friday go hard
Saturday go hard
Sunday recuperate
Monday fly out

Normally I go around March Madness, so spend 90% of my time in a book.

My rough itinerary is:

Friday: Battlefield Vegas...Dinner...Strip Club
Saturday: Pool Cabana...Dinner...Night Club
Sunday: Zion tour or something...Dinner

I'm concerned about cost for some of the guys that are invited. Any recommendations for what I should be planning? Figure we have 6-10 guys who will come.

I would just be upfront with the costs and try to let everyone know well in advance.  If some of the guys can't afford to do it all, so be it....but try to to find nice restuarants/clubs that aren't the most expensive in the city.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Gawain said:

So, starting to plan my youngest brother's bachelor party in Vegas.

Targeting May 14-18.

Get in on Thursday and get settled.
Friday go hard
Saturday go hard
Sunday recuperate
Monday fly out

Normally I go around March Madness, so spend 90% of my time in a book.

My rough itinerary is:

Friday: Battlefield Vegas...Dinner...Strip Club
Saturday: Pool Cabana...Dinner...Night Club
Sunday: Zion tour or something...Dinner

I'm concerned about cost for some of the guys that are invited. Any recommendations for what I should be planning? Figure we have 6-10 guys who will come.

I would ask what everyone is planning to spend before planning anything. Lotus of Siam is a great dinner without spending too much.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eoMMan said:

I would just be upfront with the costs and try to let everyone know well in advance.  If some of the guys can't afford to do it all, so be it....but try to to find nice restuarants/clubs that aren't the most expensive in the city.

It depends on who can't afford it. If the groom's best friend can't come because of cost it would be a downer. 

 

I would lay out the expectation that everyone doesn't need to come along for all the planned things. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 9/12/2019 at 6:19 PM, Drunken Cowboy said:

My last hand of the trip:

I have been playing for a few hours my gf and friends are all in bed. It is about that time. I  am playing Pai Gow poker. I have $100 bet out. I am betting $5 on the fortune bonus. I thank the dealer and put $5 for him on the bonus and put $5 out on the progressive bet as well. I hit a straight flush. I win my hand, 50 to 1 on fortune, and an extra $500 on the progressive bet. 

 

Can't wait for my next trip.

Looooooooove me some Pai Gow. I sat at a table in Caesars for roughly 8 hours one time. Finished in the black about $800 which is damn near impossible with all the pushing

Edited by Rick James

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Gawain said:

So, starting to plan my youngest brother's bachelor party in Vegas.

Targeting May 14-18.

Get in on Thursday and get settled.
Friday go hard
Saturday go hard
Sunday recuperate
Monday fly out

Normally I go around March Madness, so spend 90% of my time in a book.

My rough itinerary is:

Friday: Battlefield Vegas...Dinner...Strip Club
Saturday: Pool Cabana...Dinner...Night Club
Sunday: Zion tour or something...Dinner

I'm concerned about cost for some of the guys that are invited. Any recommendations for what I should be planning? Figure we have 6-10 guys who will come.

If you are concerned about cost it is probably too expensive. 

I had a friend that got married pretty late in life, he had his bachelor party in Vegas. There was literally no regard for cost at first, which irritated several people. Most people had families and paying tons of money for a drink with dry ice in it really wasn't important anymore. 

Me and another buddy arrived a day later than everybody (we hiked zion). We had been to vegas probably more than all the other guys combined and we didn't have any issues speaking up or offering up alternatives. Once people realized it was ok to not always do everything as a group, it was all so much more fun. 

Most of the best memories from that trip involved just hanging out as a group anyway. I think the most fun we had was just boozing it up in the suite and somebody had brought this. Very few times I have laughed so hard. Since we had rented a car for zion, we got lots of good local beer and food for the suite. The next best memory I have was all of us playing black jack at one table where every time they had to shuffle the deck the last two guys stood up and everybody slid down and two guys sat down. The waitress had no problems bringing everybody a beer every time she came around. 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, need2know said:

Going oct 19th.  So ready

I’ll be there starting the 24th

Edited by Osaurus
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oct 11 - 21st.

Long weekend? You guys are amateurs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.