What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** Barry Bonds pursuit of 3000 hits... (1 Viewer)

Footballguy
Bonds Player Page at baseball-reference: http://www.baseball-reference.com/b/bondsba01.shtml

Bonds Player Page at Yahoo: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/3918

Bonds Watchlist: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barry_bonds#Watchlists

Through the 2007 season...

2935 Hits... 65 away from becoming the 28th member of the 3000 hit club...

1996 RBI... 4th all-time, just passing Lou Gehrig... 4 RBI away in becoming the 4th man in MLB history to amass 2000 RBI during their career...

2227 Runs... 3rd all-time... 19 runs from tying Ty Cobb for 2nd all-time (Rickey Henderson is first at 2295)...

1440 Extra Base Hits... 2nd all-time... 37 from tying Hank Aaron for the all-time record...

Last edited by a moderator:
2915 after 3-3 night on August 7th, the night he hit #756...

85 hits to 3000 and the next milestone...

2915 after 3-3 night on August 7th, the night he hit #756...85 hits to 3000 and the next milestone...
Actually Bonds has 599 doubles. Not sure how "major" of a milestone 600 doubles is, but that 14th place all time. 6 away from 11th all time.

2915 after 3-3 night on August 7th, the night he hit #756...85 hits to 3000 and the next milestone...
Actually Bonds has 599 doubles. Not sure how "major" of a milestone 600 doubles is, but that 14th place all time. 6 away from 11th all time.
Ah... That is a milestone, but I guess not many people talk about 600 doubles... But thank you for supplying this information...

Is Barry possibly playing again next year? If not this thread will have a sad ending.
If he goes to the AL he has two solid years left in him.
DOnt know about 2. And He's going to have to take a massive pay cut if he wants to keep playing. No one else was even remotely interested in him at the 16 mil the Giants offered for this year.
i would love to see him go to the AL.Maybe Oakland for 7-8 million? Who is their DH?

Is Barry possibly playing again next year? If not this thread will have a sad ending.
DOnt know about 2. And He's going to have to take a massive pay cut if he wants to keep playing. No one else was even remotely interested in him at the 16 mil the Giants offered for this year.
He has AT LEAST 2 years left in him if he wants to DH. I don't see why a team wouldn't pay 8-10M, he leads MLB in OBP and OPS, and can be an everyday player.

i would love to see him go to the AL.Maybe Oakland for 7-8 million? Who is their DH?
The Royals might give him 8, but I think the most he's going to get from a real team is 3-5.

The Royals might give him 8, but I think the most he's going to get from a real team is 3-5.
There is zero chance of him leaving California so it's Oakland or Anaheim.

Barry's 2007 season is in the books as he won't play the last 3 games of the season...

Hopefully he will catch on with another team in 2008...

Users who are viewing this thread