What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Marital Advice - Friendly camping trip too friendly? (1 Viewer)

What do I do next?

• Nothing, let it go.

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • Go to counseling.

Votes: 13 26.0%
  • Have my wife call this guy to figure out the events.

Votes: 25 50.0%
  • [No response text]

Votes: 15 30.0%

• Total voters
Having your wife talk to him might be the biggest chicken ##### move you could make. What are you thinkin', guy?

If she is telling the truth, you're going to leave it up to her to confront the guy that took advantage of her? Not to sound all Neanderthal, but you're supposed to be the man in your relationship. You're supposed to protect your family. If she doesn't remember, what's she going to say anyway? "Ummm, hey Steve. My husband seems to think we did something in the bathroom at the campground but I don't remember anything. Oh, we didn't? Ok. Sorry to bother you."

You're the one that's managed to piece this story together. You need to confront this guy. And yes, it'll be uncomfortable. And yes, it could escalate. And yes, you're going to have to be incredibly assertive. But you are in a better position to handle anything that might come up than your wife.

Wish you the best. You talk to Steve. You and your wife talk to a marriage counselor.
This is why I refuse to vote in his poll.It's pretty much the worst option you could think of, and that is what he is doing.

MITYH, tell your wife right now under no circumstances is she to talk to Steve. Tell her you've been mulling it over, and you want to talk to him yourself, face-to-face, and that if you find out she contacts him before you do there will be hell to pay.

As for the wedding, I don't know how happy I would be if one of my guests took the opportunity at my wedding to handle his dirty laundry, especially something this potentially explosive.

Touch decision though.

Go, don't go?

Confront Steve there, don't confront him there?

There's no easy answer in this, but if you can get to him before the wedding it would be ideal.
I'd wait until he goes to the pisser at the reception, walk in behind him, and about the time he's mid-stream, ask him if he needs somebody to hold it for him.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
Can you honestly think of a more effective way of kicking off the conversation? You let him know right away you know (at least some of) what happened without revealing you don't know more than that, you do it in a somewhat secluded place so as not to disrupt the wedding reception itself (Although if it were crowded in there, I wouldn't let that stop me), you're going to catch him completely off guard, and watching him stammer, stutter, and try his best to gain composure while you're completely silent after asking the question would have to bring some element of enjoyment to an otherwise unenjoyable conversation.As an added benefit, there's the distinct possibility he pees on both himself and his suit. And if he follows up with a smug answer like, "I double-DD do," you just punch him in the neck while he's peeing. It's seriously a no-lose proposition.
Of course, there's a chance Steve turns around having no idea about any of this and punches Manhat in the nose before things play out like describe.Other than that, it's pretty freaking brilliant.
If Manhat can't get the drop on a guy peeing - and probably a drunk guy peeing since it is a wedding reception - there's nothing anyone can post here to help him and we might as well close this bad boy down.
If somebody snuck up behind you at the urinal and asked if they could hold your penis for you in a masculine voice, what would you do?Me? I'd 180, piss all over him AND start wailing wild arms while yelling "RAPE" as loud as possible.
I was thinking he'd say it while leaning against the door across the room or standing by the sink. I didn't expect him to be within arm's reach, whispering it in his ear in a throaty, almost flinty voice. You should meet up with Nigel, ya perv.
IN!!!wait, Nigel Tufnel, or Nigel?

Having your wife talk to him might be the biggest chicken ##### move you could make. What are you thinkin', guy?

If she is telling the truth, you're going to leave it up to her to confront the guy that took advantage of her? Not to sound all Neanderthal, but you're supposed to be the man in your relationship. You're supposed to protect your family. If she doesn't remember, what's she going to say anyway? "Ummm, hey Steve. My husband seems to think we did something in the bathroom at the campground but I don't remember anything. Oh, we didn't? Ok. Sorry to bother you."

You're the one that's managed to piece this story together. You need to confront this guy. And yes, it'll be uncomfortable. And yes, it could escalate. And yes, you're going to have to be incredibly assertive. But you are in a better position to handle anything that might come up than your wife.

Wish you the best. You talk to Steve. You and your wife talk to a marriage counselor.
This is why I refuse to vote in his poll.It's pretty much the worst option you could think of, and that is what he is doing.

MITYH, tell your wife right now under no circumstances is she to talk to Steve. Tell her you've been mulling it over, and you want to talk to him yourself, face-to-face, and that if you find out she contacts him before you do there will be hell to pay.

As for the wedding, I don't know how happy I would be if one of my guests took the opportunity at my wedding to handle his dirty laundry, especially something this potentially explosive.

Touch decision though.

Go, don't go?

There's no easy answer in this, but if you can get to him before the wedding it would be ideal.
I'd wait until he goes to the pisser at the reception, walk in behind him, and about the time he's mid-stream, ask him if he needs somebody to hold it for him.
Can you honestly think of a more effective way of kicking off the conversation? You let him know right away you know (at least some of) what happened without revealing you don't know more than that, you do it in a somewhat secluded place so as not to disrupt the wedding reception itself (Although if it were crowded in there, I wouldn't let that stop me), you're going to catch him completely off guard, and watching him stammer, stutter, and try his best to gain composure while you're completely silent after asking the question would have to bring some element of enjoyment to an otherwise unenjoyable conversation.As an added benefit, there's the distinct possibility he pees on both himself and his suit. And if he follows up with a smug answer like, "I double-DD do," you just punch him in the neck while he's peeing. It's seriously a no-lose proposition.
Of course, there's a chance Steve turns around having no idea about any of this and punches Manhat in the nose before things play out like describe.Other than that, it's pretty freaking brilliant.
If Manhat can't get the drop on a guy peeing - and probably a drunk guy peeing since it is a wedding reception - there's nothing anyone can post here to help him and we might as well close this bad boy down.
If somebody snuck up behind you at the urinal and asked if they could hold your penis for you in a masculine voice, what would you do?Me? I'd 180, piss all over him AND start wailing wild arms while yelling "RAPE" as loud as possible.
I was thinking he'd say it while leaning against the door across the room or standing by the sink. I didn't expect him to be within arm's reach, whispering it in his ear in a throaty, almost flinty voice. You should meet up with Nigel, ya perv.
IN!!!wait, Nigel Tufnel, or Nigel?
The pervy one. Duh!

MITYH,For what it's worth, from a female point of view.....I wish you and your wife the best. I've read this entire thread and I just want you to know a few thoughts. I believe your wife knows what happens. Perhaps she is afraid of the consequences of being straight with you. She is probably embarrased and deeply regrets it all. I don't believe she went as far as to have secks with Steve, but something happened. In your heart, you know what type of human being your wife is. You know her history. Noone here does. You have to decide to what degree the uncertainty of this situation is going to fester and eat at you, and then after you decide that, you can decide how far you want to go to pursue the truth, knowing that you may NEVER find it.I can only hope that if I were in your wife's shoes, I would see the hurt and misery this has caused you, and be able to help put this mess to rest, by being honest, so that you two can move on. If I was being wrongly accused, I would be angry, and I'd be calling whotheforkever it took to clear this up. I'd call every friend and the whole phone book if that's what it took. Her not doing this raises questions. If I DID do something, I hope I'd be able to just fess up and realize that keeping it real between my husband and myself is the very best plan. The secrets will fester and cause more pain.If you decide to pursue the truth, you need to pay a visit to George and Steve and have a chat with them separately, and let them both know that you are dead serious about this. Having your wife call Steve is silly to me if they are both keeping the dirty secret. You could use the "call his bluff" approach with Steve.....word it carefully so that he thinks your wife has confessed to something.....not sure how much but you be the judge. Then you have to be prepared to deal with what you find.Just please remember: Your wife knows exactly what happened. Good luck.
:lmao: great even.As I said earlier, the "I don't remember" defense is a get out of jail free card for her. Her not upending every stone to find out if she was fondled (or more) belies that she remembers more than she is letting on.
I agree.Once confronted with the fact that he knows she went into the stall and held his junk and he played with her ####, and she still didn't react to find out what happened...that screams to me that something happened and she knows.This situation sucks...either way he is screwed. Unless he is just playing us.

I showed this thread to the wife last night and we spent an hour talking about it :lmao: . She said blame Steve :lmao: , and trust the wife :lmao: . She also got a huge kick out of aliases with names like "steve the camper" busting in here with their 2 cents.
I've been updating my fiancee, too. She thinks the wife is to blame.
Whether or not she remembers anything is unknown, but we do know that she was in fact wasted out of her mind. What we don't know is how wasted was Steve? MitYH ... how wasted was Steve? I think we'll be able to assess the situation better once we know this.

Touch decision though.

Go, don't go?

:lmao: This guy knows things. :lmao:

I showed this thread to the wife last night and we spent an hour talking about it :lmao: . She said blame Steve :lmao: , and trust the wife :lmao: . She also got a huge kick out of aliases with names like "steve the camper" busting in here with their 2 cents.
I still believe the giant tats are to blame.

Whether or not she remembers anything is unknown, but we do know that she was in fact wasted out of her mind. What we don't know is how wasted was Steve? MitYH ... how wasted was Steve? I think we'll be able to assess the situation better once we know this.
I've seen him drink much more, but he was drunk. Not blackout wasted drunk, but drunk.

As others have pointed out, there are pieces of the puzzle missing.

1) You need to find out how the hell the guy knew she was holding his junk.

2) You need to find out why it was discussed with others and not you until you asked.

Anything else guys?
Need a woman's perspective here. If you blacked out, and were thereafter told that you were holding another guy's junk in the bathroom, that you went into a bathroom stall with this other guy, and came back to the campsite with this guy 15 minutes after everyone else, and then later discovered that your breasts were out of your bra, what would be your reaction? I would think that a woman who truly didn't remember would be absolutely freaking out, thinking that she may have been sexually assaulted or at the very least cheated on her husband. I would think that a woman who truly didn't remember would be just as interested in finding out what the hell happened, rather than responding with a "oh, I thought we were done talking about it" attitude. Am I off base?

2) You need to find out why it was discussed with others and not you until you asked.

Anything else guys?
Need a woman's perspective here. If you blacked out, and were thereafter told that you were holding another guy's junk in the bathroom, that you went into a bathroom stall with this other guy, and came back to the campsite with this guy 15 minutes after everyone else, and then later discovered that your breasts were out of your bra, what would be your reaction? I would think that a woman who truly didn't remember would be absolutely freaking out, thinking that she may have been sexually assaulted or at the very least cheated on her husband. I would think that a woman who truly didn't remember would be just as interested in finding out what the hell happened, rather than responding with a "oh, I thought we were done talking about it" attitude. Am I off base?
This sounds pretty good.

To be honest, I think George told me and guy #3 what he saw. My wife into the stall and apparently held the guy's junk while he peed. He was back to camp long before anything else could've possibly happened. I don't care what he says now, the fact is he told me my wife was in the stall with the guy and he told guy #3 she was holding his junk. He can deny all he wants now, but he said it. I don't need him to say anything. I'm pretty convinved it happened.
George didn't tell you what he saw. He told #3 guy. And how does he know she was holding his junk to begin with? What was being said between them when this was going on? There is a ton of info that is missing here, and George has at least some of the answers. Grill him until he spills it all. Knowledge is power.
VERY, VERY :rant: You need as much information as possible. How did all 4 end up in the same bathroom instead of going to men's and women's separate? How did Steve and Wife get into the same stall - who went in first, was someone pushed in, dared in, etc.? How did George know about the wife handling Steve - did he see it personally, or did he overhear? If he overheard, what exactly was overheard, and how was it said? How was Steve's wife reacting to all this? Was she so drunk she was oblivious, was she joking about it, or was she egging her husband and Mrs. MitYH on? What did she and George talk about on the way back to camp? TALK TO GEORGE!!!

Anything else guys?
Nope, you're right on.

I have nothing to add, but I think i should get a prize for making it to the end of the thread

at least a ribbon or a cookie or something

Anything else guys?
Nope, not at all. Which is why most of us don't buy her story.

Anything else guys?
No. I would be freaked out and would start demanding to know what happened from the guy who supposedly it happened with. For me, as I know my relationship with BSR, I would know immediately that I did not initiate anything no matter how drunk I was. I would also be in a panic wondering what happened to me.

To be honest, I think George told me and guy #3 what he saw. My wife into the stall and apparently held the guy's junk while he peed. He was back to camp long before anything else could've possibly happened. I don't care what he says now, the fact is he told me my wife was in the stall with the guy and he told guy #3 she was holding his junk. He can deny all he wants now, but he said it. I don't need him to say anything. I'm pretty convinved it happened.
George didn't tell you what he saw. He told #3 guy. And how does he know she was holding his junk to begin with? What was being said between them when this was going on? There is a ton of info that is missing here, and George has at least some of the answers. Grill him until he spills it all. Knowledge is power.
VERY, VERY :rant: You need as much information as possible. How did all 4 end up in the same bathroom instead of going to men's and women's separate? How did Steve and Wife get into the same stall - who went in first, was someone pushed in, dared in, etc.? How did George know about the wife handling Steve - did he see it personally, or did he overhear? If he overheard, what exactly was overheard, and how was it said? How was Steve's wife reacting to all this? Was she so drunk she was oblivious, was she joking about it, or was she egging her husband and Mrs. MitYH on? What did she and George talk about on the way back to camp? TALK TO GEORGE!!!
How long before this is like the Seinfeld episode where Keith Hernandez spit on Newman and Kramer, complete with models, diagrams and re-enactments?

Anything else guys?
Excellent point. And to others, the husband did say that he tried calling George all day yesterday, but George did not answer. That makes it sound like George is avoiding him on purpose. And Steve likely knows what the deal is by now, by the repeated calls to him and/or by George, so he isn't gonna answer the phone, either.

Last edited by a moderator:
How long before this is like the Seinfeld episode where Keith Hernandez spit on Newman and Kramer, complete with models, diagrams and re-enactments?
George was the "second holder".

VERY, VERY :goodposting: You need as much information as possible. How did all 4 end up in the same bathroom instead of going to men's and women's separate? How did Steve and Wife get into the same stall - who went in first, was someone pushed in, dared in, etc.? How did George know about the wife handling Steve - did he see it personally, or did he overhear? If he overheard, what exactly was overheard, and how was it said? How was Steve's wife reacting to all this? Was she so drunk she was oblivious, was she joking about it, or was she egging her husband and Mrs. MitYH on? What did she and George talk about on the way back to camp? TALK TO GEORGE!!!
I'm thinking mysterious, unnamed guy #3 was doing something in a grassy knoll.

Some of you say you "know" for sure his wife remembers. How the eff do you know? It is more than possible that she does not. Not only can blackouts happen intermittently, the human brain will sometimes assist in blocking out things that would be painful to remember.

And while is likely a low percantage odds bet, it is still possible. And I would hope any married person would give their partner the benefit of the doubt when there has been a five year history of no such actions or behaviors.

What is the good/purpose of emphatically insisting his wife is lying? I'm cool with suspicions, but categorically stating that it is the only way it could have possibly happened. Everyone else gets to check out at the end of this thread, MiYH has to carry on his life.

Anything else guys?
Maybe a reenactment is in order...

VERY, VERY :goodposting: You need as much information as possible. How did all 4 end up in the same bathroom instead of going to men's and women's separate? How did Steve and Wife get into the same stall - who went in first, was someone pushed in, dared in, etc.? How did George know about the wife handling Steve - did he see it personally, or did he overhear? If he overheard, what exactly was overheard, and how was it said? How was Steve's wife reacting to all this? Was she so drunk she was oblivious, was she joking about it, or was she egging her husband and Mrs. MitYH on? What did she and George talk about on the way back to camp? TALK TO GEORGE!!!
Or perhaps George wants a shot at Mrs. Manhat, and he has concocted all of this as a means of either getting her free and clear or gauging Manhat's reaction to potential future infidelities.

Anything else guys?
No. I would be freaked out and would start demanding to know what happened from the guy who supposedly it happened with. For me, as I know my relationship with BSR, I would know immediately that I did not initiate anything no matter how drunk I was. I would also be in a panic wondering what happened to me.
Would you get your #### checked out?

She held his junk and he played with her tatas.

Is this reason for leaving? IMO, yes. Take off and give yourself some time apart. After a little while, 2 things will happen.

1) The truth will come out.

2) You'll realize whether or not you want to continue in this marriage.

Good luck.

Anything else guys?
And you're offering to play the part of Steve?

Anything else guys?
Absolutely spot on! My wife would be off her rocker calling Steve, George, man #3, the bears, the squirrels, and the outhouse cleaner trying to piece things together if this happened.

Anything else guys?
:goodposting: ETA: Whatever it takes to solve this mystery...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think your wife is lying about what she did and how much she knows and just is trying to hide what happened, hoping you will just stop pursuing it. She has probably fantasized about Steve for many years and has grown tired of your penis and finally found a chance to live out her fantasy. I would divorce her immediately and try to get on with you life. Sucks for the kids but it is whats best in the long run. Good luck.
Really? This is what you chose to write here? You're just hell bent on kicking a guy in the dirt, huh? Neat.
the truth hurts
Yet another classless post and poor attempt at humor. :goodposting:

Anything else guys?
:goodposting: ETA: Whatever it takes to solve this mystery...
Cool! Can I play the part of ManHat's wife?

Based on the evidence presented thus far, I am 99% positive that one of the following is true.

1) 71% - Wife is lying about not remembering anything, but was still very drunk at the time of the incident, and feels terrible about what happened. She still loves MitYH, and wants to keep their marriage strong for them and their kids. She wants to put this behind them and is willing to lie to MitYH's face to do so.

2) 28% - Wife was so incredibly drunk that she does, in fact, not remember the incident. Steve was drunk, but not blackout wasted, therefore, Steve took advantage of YOUR WIFE while she was completely wasted out of her mind.

Therefore, I am completely ruling out the following:

1) Wife and Steve somehow planned this and have a thing for each other. This is not over and they may eventually want to be together.

2) Nothing harmful happened that night.

Either way, MitYH needs to MAN UP and lay the smack down. You have to get to the bottom of this and the friendship with Steve is completely cut off. He needs to handle things with Steve and the wife's communication with him should be cut off.

Anything else guys?
You are right on target. Who is going to sit home quietly and cry about being wrongly accused of something like this?? I guess I might be a little more "spirited" than some women, but you'd better believe I would be standing my ground by calling George, Steve, Steve's wife, and anyone else there. So if she didn't do a thing, all these people are just making all this crap up? It was consensual, not a one sided "crime". Good Lord. The I don't remember thing is very convenient, but it is silly and just makes no sense. TMITYH has to listen to his gut feeling about this. It's strong or you wouldn't be torn up about it. Listen to it! It's all we have sometimes. You don't have to end your marriage. You just have to impress upon your wife how serious this is to you. You know most of the truth. Tell your wife you know she's scared and that you'll get through it together, but the secrets won't work. You have to stand your ground here.

Based on the evidence presented thus far, I am 99% positive that one of the following is true.

1) 71% - Wife is lying about not remembering anything, but was still very drunk at the time of the incident, and feels terrible about what happened. She still loves MitYH, and wants to keep their marriage strong for them and their kids. She wants to put this behind them and is willing to lie to MitYH's face to do so.

2) 28% - Wife was so incredibly drunk that she does, in fact, not remember the incident. Steve was drunk, but not blackout wasted, therefore, Steve took advantage of YOUR WIFE while she was completely wasted out of her mind.

1) Wife and Steve somehow planned this and have a thing for each other. This is not over and they may eventually want to be together.

Either way, MitYH needs to MAN UP and lay the smack down. You have to get to the bottom of this and the friendship with Steve is completely cut off. He needs to handle things with Steve and the wife's communication with him should be cut off.
This is :goodposting:

I agree. I would say that number 1 in your first scenarios is the most likely, and I would argue that it is likely that Steve was much more aware of what he was doing, so he took advantage of the situation.

Anything else guys?
Absolutely spot on! My wife would be off her rocker calling Steve, George, man #3, the bears, the squirrels, and the outhouse cleaner trying to piece things together if this happened.
I would really want to know what happened too. The questions in my mind would be, did I start this? Did he take advantage of me? What really happened. Especially since they are friends and will have to see each other in the future. I would want to know if I could be comfortable even speaking to him. Just my opinion.

Who the hell doesn't have a cell phone? I don't know a single person under the age of 80 and over the age of 16 who doesn't have one.
I'm about to be without one for the next 2 days. My company provides mine and I start a new gig on Monday. Gotta turn the phone in today and won't have another one till Monday. That is going to drive me bat#### crazy....

I agree. I would say that number 1 in your first scenarios is the most likely, and I would argue that it is likely that Steve was much more aware of what he was doing, so he took advantage of the situation.
I agree with that ... the wife was aware, but Steve was more aware and took advantage, hence the either way, Steve is a punk.

Users who are viewing this thread