What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I hate Chris Berman. (1 Viewer)

Something about putting on another team's hat when you're supposed to be a "journalist" that bothers me. Guess he doesn't really fall under that umbrella any more, I dunno. :shrug:

Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back,

SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY!

Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY!
:shrug: Bumblin', stumblin' bumblin' :shrug:

Always enjoyed his work. Shame they took away the show did on ESPN to recap the sunday games.

He

could

go

all

the

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Ben "WINTER" Coates!

HEY, YOU, GET OFF OF MIKE CLOUD!

It's not so much that his schtick is awful the first time you hear it, it's just that when even a casual watcher of NFL Countdown knows exactly what's coming out of your mouth next, you lack originality.

i love how once he makes up one of his "genius" catch phrases, he makes sure you never forget it by repeating it over and over again

i actually haven't had the pleasure of listening to chris berman in a few months, and i completely forgot he existed. i can't express how much hearing him instantaneously ruined any excitement i had to watch the hr derby

If I was Albert Pujols, I would punch Berman for his introduction during the HR derby. On national TV and in front of a sold out crowd, "Albert Winnie the Pujols"

Chris Berman WAS THE MAN. However like someone else mentioned earlier it's just tired schtick now.

I understand that it's signature and I guess there is not much you can change however NFL Primetime was one of the Greatest Shows ever.

He did mail it in the last couple of years and I guess he can be pompous, but this guy was there from Day 1 when they were covering wheel barrow races.

Of course he apparently uses his "stature" to pick up the ladies.

Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back,

SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY!
GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

Met him numerous times the year he had the torn up knee in FLL...dude pulls 20somethings every nite and walked around w/ a pimp cane which was pretty funny but his attitude towards everyone...staff, fans, and even lil kids was ATROCIOUS. Pays for each drink by pulling out a wad of cash as thick Bonds skull, EVERYTIME. We get it ####wad you're the schwaam... Doesn't respond to anyones convo, and he's the one who initiates :thumbup: . Just seemed stoned the entire time and acted like a total tool. Not sure if anyone else has seen him in rl, he is a BIG MFer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of his Bermanisms show a real lack of creativity, but I do like some of these:

Mike "Enough" Aldretti

Roberto "Remember The" Alomar

Joaquin "the dog" Andujar

George "Taco" Bell

Lance "You sank my" Blankenship

Bert "Be home" Blyleven

Greg "life is a" Caderet

Sylvester "When the swallows return to" Campusano

Mark Carreon "my wayward son"

Ron "born in the US" Cey

Jose "Won't you take me on a sea" Cruz

Jody Davis "Eyes"

Jim "Two sillouhettes on" DeShaies

Bill "Doran" Doran

Curt "Devil with the blue" Dressendorfer

Dan "Salad" Driesen

Jim "Washer and" Dwyer

Greg Gagne "with a spoon"

Mike "Leggo" Gallego

Von "Purple" Hayes

Glenn "Mother" Hubbard

Garth "Clockwork" Iorg

Wally "Absorbine" Joyner

Chuck "New Kids On" Knoblauch

Tim "Praise the" Laudner

John "Tonight, let it be" Lowenstein

Kirt "What was that" Manwaring

Oddibe "Young Again" McDowell

Eddie "eat, drink and be" Murray

Dave "Parallel" Parker

Joe "Actual Retail" Price

Gary Redus "a bedtime story"

Tom "Leave it to" Seaver

Darryl Strawberry "Fields Forever"

Bruce "3-piece" Sutter

Frank Tanana "daiquiri"

Alan "Have Gun will" Trammel

Edgar "trailer for sale or" Renteria

Eric "sleeping with" Bieniemy

Sammy "Say it ain't" Sosa

Andre "Bad Moon" Rison

Of course, most of these guys no longer play.

Something about putting on another team's hat when you're supposed to be a "journalist" that bothers me. Guess he doesn't really fall under that umbrella any more, I dunno. :goodposting:
At least it's during an exhibition, Vitale really makes no attempt to hide his bias during games that matter.

he's a ##### in real life too
XWent to school with both of his kids and spent some time on campus with Berman and at his house. Fantastic guy that always knows how to entertain and a gracious host. Comes off an an average New Englander who takes his share of shots and expects some in return. People with thin skin obviously are put off but its all for jest. Part of his persona. :kicksrock:

Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY!
He does this for nearly every HR....Dusty Baker is constantly saying "until you stand next to this guy, you have no idea how big he is"Barry Bonds is interviewed, and Peter Gammons is afraid to ask anything about steriods.Only good thing in this dragged out 3 hour event is Erin Andrews.

He is still fine when doing football highlights with Tom Jackson, but put him anywhere else now, and he is intolerable.

I don't know, did he change or did we? I'm almost thirty now, and I can tell you I absolutely loved him when I was around fifteen. Maybe his schtick is tired and unoriginal now, but it seemed fresh and envigorating then. Sure, the nicknames seem like a cliche, but it used to be my favorite part of Primetime.

I still think his enthusiasm (and Vitale's as well) is genuine, especially in comparison to these modern day Dream Job anchors, who concern themselves only with their own delivery at the expense of the story.

I'm getting pretty sick of his high-pitched WHOOOP during the highlites every time a runner cuts back.

Off-the-charts annoying. :thumbdown:

His schtick has schtick now. He's been mailing it in for some time now and it shows.
Do you really ...WHOOP!... think he's been ...WHOOP!... mailing ...WHOOP!... it in ...WHOOP!, WHOOP!... for ...WHOOP!... a while?

Users who are viewing this thread