What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I hate Chris Berman. (1 Viewer)

His schtick has schtick now. He's been mailing it in for some time now and it shows.
Do you really ...WHOOP!... think he's been ...WHOOP!... mailing ...WHOOP!... it in ...WHOOP!, WHOOP!... for ...WHOOP!... a while?
;)It's pretty bad when you have to hit the mute button just to watch some hilites. Between Berman's Tourettes syndrome and TJ beginning every sentence with "I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I.... think that the defense....." it's just unwatchable. But hey, at least they aren't Neil Everett! :shrug:

His schtick has schtick now. He's been mailing it in for some time now and it shows.
Do you really ...WHOOP!... think he's been ...WHOOP!... mailing ...WHOOP!... it in ...WHOOP!, WHOOP!... for ...WHOOP!... a while?
:PTJ beginning every sentence with "I, I, I, I, I, I, I, I.... think that the defense....." it's just unwatchable.
I think TJ has done better with that this year.TJ (and Ditka, I guess) is the only sane guy on that show.

I love Berman... God forbid anything be light hearted. I never understand people who hate a show/actor/band etc, and then continue to watch.

To me Berman is an icon, he makes me smile. The news sucks... all I hear about is death, doom and destruction. Ok, let's watch some sports, and hear about Congressional inquires, cheating, steroids, drugs and hockey players getting guillotined.

He's goofy. He brings a little happiness my world. Berman's all good by me.

So Berman and TJ upset you, but the rest of them don't? People yelling "BOOYAH", "Player X is to team as Singer X is to band", "Timmmmmaaaaaaaaaayyyy!!!", "Everyone throw your hands in the air and wave them around as if there were no reprocussions" or "No soup for you!" is a breath of fresh air?

Either you like goofy comments with your sports or you don't. Again, you knew what SportsCenter was when you turned it on, why the indignancy?

So Berman and TJ upset you, but the rest of them don't? People yelling "BOOYAH", "Player X is to team as Singer X is to band", "Timmmmmaaaaaaaaaayyyy!!!", "Everyone throw your hands in the air and wave them around as if there were no reprocussions" or "No soup for you!" is a breath of fresh air? Either you like goofy comments with your sports or you don't. Again, you knew what SportsCenter was when you turned it on, why the indignancy?
I wish TJ would stop stuttering. I don't dislike him.The only people on the network I cannot stomach are Berman and Neil Everett (THE worst ever!)Everyone else is fairly tolerable, albeit with the volume very low. I want to see the highlites of the evening in HD.

I used to watch Primetime and NFL Countdown every Sunday religiously for 20 years. Really enjoyed Berman and Jackson, but has grown stale. Sometimes they are on in the background and really only listen to TJ anymore or Ditka. OTher than that, it is crap.

Funny thing is my son who is 12 is really getting into football the past two years. And he thinks Chris Berman is the greatest. I guess it is an age thing

A friend of mine worked at ESPN studios for a few years. Said that Berman is the biggest ego he's ever come across, and not a very nice person generally. For what it's worth.

Czaban was playing an uncomfortable clip of Berman hitting on an intern/employee. he was talking about wine and hinting that he would like to share a bottle with this chick.

just.......creepy.

Might as well get used to him. 20 years ago, people said the same thing about Madden. My brother would put the tv on mute and listen to the radio broadcast while watching a game that Madden was calling.

Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, Back, SHUT THE HELL UP ALREADY!
:lmao: :football:

In the late 70's his act was completely different and very entertaining. As an accomplished 1-Trick Pony, his act some how no longer retains its "freshness" 30+ years later. Kind of reminds me of a bitter Vaudevillan comic still trying to pound out the "Sheboygan" jokes and being bitter about the audience not yucking it up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not only is the guy not funny or entertaining, but he is a complete jerk. I think my most hated Berman shtick is when he whispers something obvious like "now you might not know it but Peyton Manning is pretty good." The link below is a tmz video of him getting offended because they ignored him and were asking Evan Longoria questions at an airport.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/07/16/berman-ticke...-a-real-rookie/

Not only is the guy not funny or entertaining, but he is a complete jerk. I think my most hated Berman shtick is when he whispers something obvious like "now you might not know it but Peyton Manning is pretty good." The link below is a tmz video of him getting offended because they ignored him and were asking Evan Longoria questions at an airport.

Man Berman is a #####. Hope everyone has seen the other link on that page, too.The 3 guys on TV tonight are brutal. Every time they talk, especially Valentine, I think I get dumber.

i really don't know how berman is still on TV, i mean is there really anyone out there that likes listening to him? he is terrible.

and bobby valentine sounds like such a pompous idiot.

Went to school with both of his kids and spent some time on campus with Berman and at his house. Fantastic guy that always knows how to entertain and a gracious host. Comes off an an average New Englander who takes his share of shots and expects some in return. People with thin skin obviously are put off but its all for jest. Part of his persona. :stirspot:
Sorry chief, you're outvoted.
Met him numerous times the year he had the torn up knee in FLL...

dude pulls 20somethings every nite and walked around w/ a pimp cane which was pretty funny but his attitude towards everyone...staff, fans, and even lil kids was ATROCIOUS.

Pays for each drink by pulling out a wad of cash as thick Bonds skull, EVERYTIME. We get it ####wad you're the schwaam... Doesn't respond to anyones convo, and he's the one who initiates :lmao: . Just seemed stoned the entire time and acted like a total tool. Not sure if anyone else has seen him in rl, he is a BIG MFer.
A friend of mine worked at ESPN studios for a few years. Said that Berman is the biggest ego he's ever come across, and not a very nice person generally. For what it's worth.

Notice how his voice changes on the set? He can be tolerable when hes just conversing with the guy next to him. Normal voice and all ... then bam he goes into his "Raidahs" mode and his voice lowers and gets gravely. THAT is when I can not tolerate...he goes 100% sthick then. Style (which is old) over substance.

Notice how his voice changes on the set? He can be tolerable when hes just conversing with the guy next to him. Normal voice and all ... then bam he goes into his "Raidahs" mode and his voice lowers and gets gravely. THAT is when I can not tolerate...he goes 100% sthick then. Style (which is old) over substance.
It says a ton about ESPN when they still have on Berman and Stuart Scott and neither one has changed his shtick in over 20 years.

I'm sorry, maybe I'm a little slow. What was wrong with his behavior in that 45 second video? He stood there, while Longo was signing autographs, and the only thing he said was, "It's okay, don't worry about it" (when asked, "should have interviewed you" or something) without any sort of sarcasm or attitude.

He didn't look fired up, but he didn't seem like an ####### either. He's passing through the airport with someone, and is stopped by a stupid paparazzi website, when it's very likely he could've been in a hurry. If he would've been annoyed, it wouldn't mean he's an #######. It would mean he's fairly normal.

So, if this video, and the fact that he likes to hit on young women are the evidence of him being an #######, I'm not seeing it.

ETA: Just watched the other big evidence, the "tirade". Is this guy really the first person ever to feel like he's surrounded by a bunch of GD idiots at work and lose it for a minute? Come on. That video actually made me like him more. (He even apologized for losing it during his tirade).

All this evidence is pretty weak.

For people who want this man dead, why on earth do you watch any program that he's on? I haven't watched a single thing this guy has been in over the past few years and my life is much better for it.

Here's a crazy suggestion...when he comes on, you switch channels.

For people who want this man dead, why on earth do you watch any program that he's on? I haven't watched a single thing this guy has been in over the past few years and my life is much better for it.Here's a crazy suggestion...when he comes on, you switch channels.
Because sometimes he's on sporting events. Like the US Open earlier this year.

For people who want this man dead, why on earth do you watch any program that he's on? I haven't watched a single thing this guy has been in over the past few years and my life is much better for it.Here's a crazy suggestion...when he comes on, you switch channels.
Your life won't be ruined if you skipped it, trust me. We aren't talking about the Super Bowl.

I'm sorry, maybe I'm a little slow. What was wrong with his behavior in that 45 second video? He stood there, while Longo was signing autographs, and the only thing he said was, "It's okay, don't worry about it" (when asked, "should have interviewed you" or something) without any sort of sarcasm or attitude.
Listen closer at the :30 mark. "30 years on tv gets me nothin'." That, his reaction when the ask if they should interviewed him, the video of him blowing up, the stories people are telling about him, his arrogance, his awful schtick on tv... that's enough reason for me. But if it's not for you, then that's cool. Not everyone has to hate him.

Your life won't be ruined if you skipped it, trust me. We aren't talking about the Super Bowl.
Watching US Open w/o Berman >>>>>>>>>>>>>> Watching US Open w/Berman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Not watching US Open.

So people should have to avoid watching some of their favorite sporting events because espn tries to force feed us this fat idiot?

So people should have to avoid watching some of their favorite sporting events because espn tries to force feed us this fat idiot?
If he annoys you enough then yes but if not then no but you know what you are going to get so why whine about it?HR Derby blows anyway, why would anyone care to watch that show? Pretty much anything Berman is involved isn't really worth watching anyway.

If he annoys you enough then yes but if not then no but you know what you are going to get so why whine about it?HR Derby blows anyway, why would anyone care to watch that show? Pretty much anything Berman is involved isn't really worth watching anyway.
I don't watch the homerun derby either but that doesn't mean I'm going to let Chris f'n Berman dictate the events I do watch.

Just seeing him there in person tonight.. i was so glad i couldn't hear him.

I hate espn so much except for when they are broadcasting games i want to watch.. and then can watch on mute

Annual BUMP for this clown's tired, pathetic, horrific BACK BACK BACK shtick.

Nobody can completely ruin a fun event like this guy.

Users who are viewing this thread