What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I hate Chris Berman. (1 Viewer)

I'll be that guy

Do I have any takers on wagering his method of death?

Hotel room coke overdose is my call.

I'd pay to see a 3-way battle to the death between Berman, Flo from Progressive and the guy who played Dale on The Walking Dead.

Did all these people actually pay to go to this thing? There's no way.
Mushnick:

Mets season-ticket holders — ostensibly the best, most loyal/foolish customers the team is lucky enough still to have — months ago were informed they had the advanced privilege to buy extremely expensive All-Star tickets provided they also purchase tickets to unwanted, other night inventions, those designed to maximize the take — such as the Fanfest at the Javits Center, a celebrity softball game and the Home Run Derby.Those who were not Mets ticket plan subscribers were informed their All-Star Game desires could be met — provided they purchased a lot of Mets tickets.

In the case of the five-day Fanfest, pre-existing Mets customers were told by the team’s sales reps they would have to buy tickets to at least one of the five sessions, tickets for $27 per session in order to enter and spend more money on things such as memorabilia auctions.

However, those “fortunate” Mets ticket subscribers, with all their accrued All-Star Game purchasing privileges, lately learned MLB was selling those same $27 tickets for $12, $10, $6 and in two-for-one come-ons — whatever the league can get.

All along this crooked trail, sales reps were heard to explain the Mets’ hands were tied — the game ticket pricing and terms are established by MLB.

So MLB told the Mets to exploit the All-Star Game to sell regular-season tickets? It didn’t have to. It was understood, no wink or nod needed.

In a post-Bernie Madoff season, when the Mets should be doing all they can to establish or re-establish long-gone good, the Mets continue to shake people down, ensuring they learn — and never forget — how to live without them, good teams and bad.

Mushnick:

Mets season-ticket holders ostensibly the best, most loyal/foolish customers the team is lucky enough still to have months ago were informed they had the advanced privilege to buy extremely expensive All-Star tickets provided they also purchase tickets to unwanted, other night inventions, those designed to maximize the take such as the Fanfest at the Javits Center, a celebrity softball game and the Home Run Derby.

Those who were not Mets ticket plan subscribers were informed their All-Star Game desires could be met provided they purchased a lot of Mets tickets.

In the case of the five-day Fanfest, pre-existing Mets customers were told by the teams sales reps they would have to buy tickets to at least one of the five sessions, tickets for $27 per session in order to enter and spend more money on things such as memorabilia auctions.

However, those fortunate Mets ticket subscribers, with all their accrued All-Star Game purchasing privileges, lately learned MLB was selling those same $27 tickets for $12, $10, $6 and in two-for-one come-ons whatever the league can get.

All along this crooked trail, sales reps were heard to explain the Mets hands were tied the game ticket pricing and terms are established by MLB.

So MLB told the Mets to exploit the All-Star Game to sell regular-season tickets? It didnt have to. It was understood, no wink or nod needed.

In a post-Bernie Madoff season, when the Mets should be doing all they can to establish or re-establish long-gone good, the Mets continue to shake people down, ensuring they learn and never forget how to live without them, good teams and bad.
Lmao

Have these people never heard of stub hub? So in order go to one moderately interesting game, you have to buy mets tickets, go to this shlock fest and a convention? :lmao:

Mushnick:

Mets season-ticket holders ostensibly the best, most loyal/foolish customers the team is lucky enough still to have months ago were informed they had the advanced privilege to buy extremely expensive All-Star tickets provided they also purchase tickets to unwanted, other night inventions, those designed to maximize the take such as the Fanfest at the Javits Center, a celebrity softball game and the Home Run Derby.

Those who were not Mets ticket plan subscribers were informed their All-Star Game desires could be met provided they purchased a lot of Mets tickets.

In the case of the five-day Fanfest, pre-existing Mets customers were told by the teams sales reps they would have to buy tickets to at least one of the five sessions, tickets for $27 per session in order to enter and spend more money on things such as memorabilia auctions.

However, those fortunate Mets ticket subscribers, with all their accrued All-Star Game purchasing privileges, lately learned MLB was selling those same $27 tickets for $12, $10, $6 and in two-for-one come-ons whatever the league can get.

All along this crooked trail, sales reps were heard to explain the Mets hands were tied the game ticket pricing and terms are established by MLB.

So MLB told the Mets to exploit the All-Star Game to sell regular-season tickets? It didnt have to. It was understood, no wink or nod needed.

In a post-Bernie Madoff season, when the Mets should be doing all they can to establish or re-establish long-gone good, the Mets continue to shake people down, ensuring they learn and never forget how to live without them, good teams and bad.
When I was 20, a buddy of mine and I had a ritual almost every weekend that summer...either a Mets game at Shea or fishing for blues on the Klondike out of New Rochelle. Either activity started with a cooler full of beer and occasionally ended in a jackpot of trouble. Those Mets games are unforgettable to me because we scored great seats on multiple occasions without paying ridiculous sums. We'd tailgate by the bay, watch the planes take off from laguardia, drink beer, play catch and grill burgers before walking over to the stadium. There was this one scalper who always had a fistful of tickets and we schmoozed him, paid just a little over face for either field level or loge box. When Sid Fernandez pitched, I wanted mezzanine behind home plate because that's where all his foul balls went. We felt like we owned that place. Such a rush just to walk around and hear the crowd cheer after a hit.Do kids that age still go to ball games if their parents aren't paying? Seems like Citi Field would be pricey for a working kid, probably not affordable on a weekly basis. It's been a really long time since I've followed baseball, seems far removed from those awesome days.

Do kids that age still go to ball games if their parents aren't paying? Seems like Citi Field would be pricey for a working kid, probably not affordable on a weekly basis. It's been a really long time since I've followed baseball, seems far removed from those awesome days.
I probably went to twenty Astros games at the dome the summer after my junior year of high school. My brother was home from college and we pretty much went as much as possible. Games drew around 10k sales (about half that many attended) and I don't remember ever paying more than 7 or 8 bucks for a ticket up high before walking down to the third base line in the second inning.

Do kids that age still go to ball games if their parents aren't paying? Seems like Citi Field would be pricey for a working kid, probably not affordable on a weekly basis. It's been a really long time since I've followed baseball, seems far removed from those awesome days.
I probably went to twenty Astros games at the dome the summer after my junior year of high school. My brother was home from college and we pretty much went as much as possible. Games drew around 10k sales (about half that many attended) and I don't remember ever paying more than 7 or 8 bucks for a ticket up high before walking down to the third base line in the second inning.
Man we hated the Astros! Memories flooding back. :thumbup:

I'll be that guy

I remember reading a story where Berman entered a bar with sunglasses and a leather jacket, pointed at a girl, and said "Hey, youre leaving now with me" and she did.

Im thinking hotel coke OD is perfectly feasible.

A friend of mine just told me he's getting married. When he gave me the news I immediately thought of the time we were in Scottsdale at spring training, because it's the best pickup story I've ever been a party to. It was about nine years ago, and I actually forget the bar. But my friend was seriously putting the moves on this somewhat attractive young woman, who was wearing leather pants and had a leather jacket draped over her lap. They had been chatting at the bar for about an hour, and my friend thought he was in the house. I had never seen someone work so hard for a score.But just as he was putting on the finishing touches, Chris Berman walks by. And without even breaking stride, Berman looks at the girl, points and says "You're with me, leather." And the girl looks up, instantly recognizes Berman, snatches up her jacket and walks out with him, leaving my friend in mid-sentence.

We now know where Berman laid the blame for the “You’re with me, leather” story leaking in the first place: fellow ESPN personality Tony Kornheiser. Kornheiser and Berman apparently have a long-standing mutual dislike, and according to this brief excerpt tweeted by SI’s Richard Deitsch, Kornheiser wasn’t shy about sharing the details:

“The whole time I was on Monday night, Berman never mentioned my name. He loathes me, in part because of stuff I used to write about him. Berman and I have an antagonism that goes back many, many years, long before I ever got to ESPN.

Once in Minnesota, the big grand poo-bah stood there and lectured me, screaming at me about how great he was, how significant he was, how he built the network, and how I ought to be more grateful. That’s when he accused me of writing the blog about him and that leather thing. He said, “I know how it got on the Internet.” I asked him, “What the hell are you talking about?”

We now know where Berman laid the blame for the “You’re with me, leather” story leaking in the first place: fellow ESPN personality Tony Kornheiser. Kornheiser and Berman apparently have a long-standing mutual dislike, and according to this brief excerpt tweeted by SI’s Richard Deitsch, Kornheiser wasn’t shy about sharing the details:

“The whole time I was on Monday night, Berman never mentioned my name. He loathes me, in part because of stuff I used to write about him. Berman and I have an antagonism that goes back many, many years, long before I ever got to ESPN.

Once in Minnesota, the big grand poo-bah stood there and lectured me, screaming at me about how great he was, how significant he was, how he built the network, and how I ought to be more grateful. That’s when he accused me of writing the blog about him and that leather thing. He said, “I know how it got on the Internet.” I asked him, “What the hell are you talking about?”
Just another reason why I love Kornheiser and hate Berman.

And thanks for posting the correct account on the leather story. :lmao: :thumbup:

We now know where Berman laid the blame for the Youre with me, leather story leaking in the first place: fellow ESPN personality Tony Kornheiser. Kornheiser and Berman apparently have a long-standing mutual dislike, and according to this brief excerpt tweeted by SIs Richard Deitsch, Kornheiser wasnt shy about sharing the details:

The whole time I was on Monday night, Berman never mentioned my name. He loathes me, in part because of stuff I used to write about him. Berman and I have an antagonism that goes back many, many years, long before I ever got to ESPN.

Once in Minnesota, the big grand poo-bah stood there and lectured me, screaming at me about how great he was, how significant he was, how he built the network, and how I ought to be more grateful. Thats when he accused me of writing the blog about him and that leather thing. He said, I know how it got on the Internet. I asked him, What the hell are you talking about?
Just another reason why I love Kornheiser and hate Berman.

And thanks for posting the correct account on the leather story. :lmao: :thumbup:
Great stuff

I have a buddy that worked at the Pro Football HOF one summer. He met a ton of media celebrities and a whole bunch of HOFers past and present. He said Berman was by far the worst. He treated everyone as if they were below him and was incredibly rude.

So let's see if I have this right....

Chris Berman announces the HRD every freaking year.

And every year you guys tune into it despite hating Chris Berman.

Do I have this correct?

I'll be that guy

I remember reading a story where Berman entered a bar with sunglasses and a leather jacket, pointed at a girl, and said "Hey, youre leaving now with me" and she did.

i went to some upper echelon swanky nightclub on the sunset strip in LA one time. berman was there, hammered, sitting at the bar with his ENORMOUS head, sweating profusely(coke?). he looked like ####. complete jackass. but everyone was fawning all over him. OD is very possible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Do I have this correct?
I watch it with the sound turned off, which I believe is the goal of ESPN and their sponsors.
Well there you go.
No other TV station broadcasts it. :shrug:
SO DON'T WATCH IT

I'll be that guy

i went to some upper echelon swanky nightclub on the sunset strip in LA one time. berman was there, hammered, sitting at the bar with his ENORMOUS head, sweating profusely(coke?). he looked like ####. complete jackass. but everyone was fawning all over him. OD is very possible.
Hah..how long ago was this? If it was recent, he probably should start to be picked in some death pools.

Do I have this correct?
I watch it with the sound turned off, which I believe is the goal of ESPN and their sponsors.
Well there you go.
SO DON'T WATCH IT
I like to watch it. But I hate listening to Berman.Crazy, right?

I'll be that guy

Hah..how long ago was this? If it was recent, he probably should start to be picked in some death pools.
it's been awhile, 8 years ago?

Do I have this correct?
Well there you go.
SO DON'T WATCH IT
yeah its like us yankee fans who complain about john sterling and suzyn waldman yet listen to the radio broadcast when we have no other options.

Berman works the HRD every year to distract the viewers from the fact that they are watching a God awful event.

I would rather watch a random softball game TBH.

HE is talking to Piazza and ends it by saying "

"Mike Piazza, future hall of famer...perhaps"

lol

Berman is ####### awful

I would like to nominate choking during sex as Berman's form of death. Now whether he is choking on a rope, someone's hand, or a spare rib I dont know

Doesn't espn realize everyone on earth loathes berman, or are they just so arrogant they don't care. I am waiting for the day when his humongous head explodes on live tv. He can barely speak from collar being so tight.

Users who are viewing this thread