Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
SKribbles

I hate Chris Berman.

He sounded like a drunk Rodney Dangerfield clone last night.

Doesn't espn realize everyone on earth loathes berman, or are they just so arrogant they don't care. I am waiting for the day when his humongous head explodes on live tv. He can barely speak from collar being so tight.

And yet he was a spokesman for Weight Watchers or whatever about a year ago. Simultaneously pimpin Applebee's, guy is a complete cartoon character.

Edited by Mr Non Sequitur

I have a buddy that worked at the Pro Football HOF one summer. He met a ton of media celebrities and a whole bunch of HOFers past and present. He said Berman was by far the worst. He treated everyone as if they were below him and was incredibly rude.

:goodposting: I met him at the 2005 All Star Game. He is a big, fat, sweaty, balding, pompous loser. By FAR the worst of the dozens of "celebrities" I met at that game.

ETA: One memory I have of my encounter with him... as a group of us were talking to him, someone walked by and said "Hey Boomer!". He turned to them and said "You don't get to call me that!'. Straight faced. What an ###.

Edited by Keerock

So let's see if I have this right....

Chris Berman announces the HRD every freaking year.

And every year you guys tune into it despite hating Chris Berman.

Do I have this correct?

I watch it with the sound turned off, which I believe is the goal of ESPN and their sponsors.

Well there you go.

No other TV station broadcasts it. :shrug:

ESPN Deportes down?

So let's see if I have this right....

Chris Berman announces the HRD every freaking year.

And every year you guys tune into it despite hating Chris Berman.

Do I have this correct?

I watch it with the sound turned off, which I believe is the goal of ESPN and their sponsors.

Well there you go.

No other TV station broadcasts it. :shrug:

SO DON'T WATCH IT

yeah its like us yankee fans who complain about john sterling and suzyn waldman yet listen to the radio broadcast when we have no other options.

OH MY GOD! ROGER CLEMENS IS IN GEORGE'S BOX!!!!

Since he does so few games, I forget how bad he is.

On top of it all he does Play By Play. At least Tim McCarver has the good sense to limit his banality to the margins of the broadcast.

Dilfer isn't much better. He said that Gates is still a "dynamic" player.

I'm not sure if he knows what dynamic means.

Dilfer has had quite a few that just make you shake your head. I honestly don't know how these guys don't know how dumb they sound. I guess they just don't know any better, and the thought they have is saying something better then dead air. But these 2 have to be the worst duo doing NFL games at this point, and that includes all of the local goobers like the one's in Jacksonville

He actually just said "Foster: Houstonian for running the football."

SHUT UP YOU FAT SLOB!!!

But he's making baseball jokes about what happened in a football game. You, of all people, have to be loving this shtick

The only saving grace is that he calls the game fairly low key instead of using that loud, booming voice of his. Granted, it sounds like he should be calling a golf major, rather than a football game, but I'll take what I can get.

Dilfer is mediocre.

The "tie goes to the runner" comment? Face palm.

That was brutal. I feel like I'm listening to someone who pretends to like sports but actually has no idea what they are talking about.

Berman's call is really understated...like a preseason game. Don't really understand the hate here.

He was absolutely right about SD and the Super Bowl.

At least he doesn't get the feed from the coach to the QB, otherwise we'd be subject to interminable "I have a feeling... they're going to run Mathews off tackle. Here comes the snap..."

I keep expecting him to let loose with a tubercular stogie cough.

I chuckled when the penalty happened on Houston's FG attempt on SD. They showed the replay and there was dead silence from Berman and Dilfer, both of whom were obviously completely clueless about the rule. :lmao:

He is just brutal calling a game. He must have an incredible agent who has him in an unbreakable contract for espn to keep using him like they do.

I can only imagine the folks at foxsports in a meeting discussing losing to him in ratings being a total morale buster.

knew this thread would be updated after watching him last night. He is so bad he had me switching channels just to get away from his annoying shtick.

These days, "dynamic" has become a generic catch-all word that can be used to describe just about anything that moves. It's like saying "paradigm shift".

He is just brutal calling a game. He must have an incredible agent who has him in an unbreakable contract for espn to keep using him like they do.

I can only imagine the folks at foxsports in a meeting discussing losing to him in ratings being a total morale buster.

Doesn't he own a piece of ESPN?

You realize we couldn't subject the detainees at Gitmo to Berman as it would be considered torture.

My favorite Trent Dilfer moment was late in the game where he spoke of the "great communication" from the Houston sideline to run a play to the left so that the FG attempt was set up where the kicker wanted the ball.

I can do this too - Hey Trent, that's great haircut!

Edited by Mister CIA

The absolute dead air after the penalty on the FG was comedy gold. They showed like two replays and Berman was just breathing into mic

I have a buddy that worked at the Pro Football HOF one summer. He met a ton of media celebrities and a whole bunch of HOFers past and present. He said Berman was by far the worst. He treated everyone as if they were below him and was incredibly rude.

:goodposting: I met him at the 2005 All Star Game. He is a big, fat, sweaty, balding, pompous loser. By FAR the worst of the dozens of "celebrities" I met at that game.

ETA: One memory I have of my encounter with him... as a group of us were talking to him, someone walked by and said "Hey Boomer!". He turned to them and said "You don't get to call me that!'. Straight faced. What an ###.

:lmao:

I can picture his bloated angry face.

There's gotta be some irony in the fact that on a board where bad schtick is often celebrated, people are hating on Berman to this degree.

But, for the record, I hate Berman too.

• Like 1

Notice how his voice changes on the set? He can be tolerable when hes just conversing with the guy next to him. Normal voice and all ... then bam he goes into his "Raidahs" mode and his voice lowers and gets gravely. THAT is when I can not tolerate...he goes 100% sthick then. Style (which is old) over substance.

It says a ton about ESPN when they still have on Berman and Stuart Scott and neither one has changed his shtick in over 20 years.

At least Scott switches gears and is not so bad to watch and listen. When Berman goes into "Tahhhhhhhhasssraayyyyydahhhhs" mode, I turn it or mute it. Like last night my wife asks why are you watching the football game with no sound?

'Since it's a fall, holiday evening' this buffoon just called Schef and Mort .....'Our NFL Apple Ciders'

'Since it's a fall, holiday evening' this buffoon just called Schef and Mort .....'Our NFL Apple Ciders'

Christ, pop a cap in this clown, already.

There's gotta be some irony in the fact that on a board where bad schtick is often celebrated, people are hating on Berman to this degree.

Pretty much in this camp, though I wouldn't say I am at the hate level. Disappointed more than anything that as a human being I understand he is a POS.

Pretty much in this camp, though I wouldn't say I am at the hate level. Disappointed more than anything that as a human being I understand he is a POS.

"Disappointed" would be my reaction if I found out that Jimmy Stewart engaged in behavior behind the scenes of the sort that Berman engages in. I like Jimmy Stewart's persona and his work. That behavior is completely out of line with that persona.

Berman, OTOH, is apparently precisely the chronically insecure #######-made-good-but-still-insecure-loser he appears to be on the screen.