Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

antlers123

Deep Sleeper Safety

Any thoughts on deep sleeper Safeties ? I'm looking for someone to pick up that's well under the radar in a 32 team dynasty league.

Any thoughts on deep sleeper Safeties ? I'm looking for someone to pick up that's well under the radar in a 32 team dynasty league.

This is a difficult question to answer. Any name suggested is just as likely rostered as not it sounds like. If you don't mind posting a link to the available players, we might be able to hone in more easily.I doubt there's anyone available with clear 2007 value so you're probably going to be looking at guys like CJ Gaddis or Daren Stone or Marvin White or Josh Gattis from this year's class. Maybe a guy like Greg Blue or Eric Smith could fit the bill.

This is a difficult question to answer. Any name suggested is just as likely rostered as not it sounds like. If you don't mind posting a link to the available players, we might be able to hone in more easily.I doubt there's anyone available with clear 2007 value so you're probably going to be looking at guys like CJ Gaddis or Daren Stone or Marvin White or Josh Gattis from this year's class. Maybe a guy like Greg Blue or Eric Smith could fit the bill.
The only S I see available that's been mentioned in any of the other threads is Sensebaugh. Should I jump on him?

The only S I see available that's been mentioned in any of the other threads is Sensebaugh. Should I jump on him?
In a 32 teamer, yes. Just as valuable as Gattis ...

Yes and get Gattis to go with him.

Bernard Pollard

Sean Considine- has added bulk to be a more effective and stay healthier

Brodney Pool

Anthony Smith

Yeremiah Bell

Ko Simpson

Aaron Rouse

Sabby Piscetelli

the Bullocks brothers

Yeremiah Bell

Bernard Pollard

Kevin Payne, Bears.

You think the Bears will get tired of Archuleta's lapses and look to Payne at SS sooner than later?

Glenn Earl?

For those looking for a potential body, watch the Houston FS position as they have worked a couple of CBs, Von Hutchins and Dexter McCleaon, at the position. The team wants better coverage skills and playmaking ability. If they go this route then Earl and CC Brown would battle maybe even split time at SS (both are better closer to the line). In a crazy deep league, I would have the situation on the radar.

Might be easier if you just told us who was available.

32 teams, probably not much

Kevin Payne, Bears.

You think the Bears will get tired of Archuleta's lapses and look to Payne at SS sooner than later?
No, but I'm thinking a year or two down the road. Picking has to be pretty slim in a 32 team dynasty, but I figure he's a guy worth a gamble who could be available. Payne is a pretty good athlete (converted RB) and still learning the position, but fits the profile of a guy who pans out for Angelo. I think D.Manning might be better as a corner and injuries are going to run Brown out of the game shortly. I think Archuleta is actually the safest bet and best value of their safeties for this year, but even he has the concern you mentioned. Their whole safety situation is shaky.

It's hard to say who might be available, so we are all just throwing names out there. how about Gerald Alexander? He is likely to be the Lions' 3rd safety, and Lions beat writer Tom Kowalski seems to think Kennedy's starting job is in jeopardy unless he picks up his play. I personally think Alexander has a good chance to start in 2008.

I really like Anthony Smith he produced in a limited role last year and this year will be his coming out party

I really like Anthony Smith he produced in a limited role last year and this year will be his coming out party

Here's the top ten FA S returningHawkins, Artrell NEP S Clark, Ryan PIT S Hart, Clinton SDC S Jackson, Dexter CIN S Watkins, Pat DAL S Crocker, Chris ATL S Harris, Chris CHI S Allen, Will TBB S Page, Jarrad KCC S Francisco, Aaron Adams, Mike SFO S

Here's the top ten FA S returningHawkins, Artrell NEP S Clark, Ryan PIT S Hart, Clinton SDC S Jackson, Dexter CIN S Watkins, Pat DAL S Crocker, Chris ATL S Harris, Chris CHI S Allen, Will TBB S Page, Jarrad KCC S Francisco, Aaron Adams, Mike SFO S
I would pick up D. Jackson for sure. Then Page, Watkins, Clark, & Allen in that order.

Here's the top ten FA S returning

Hawkins, Artrell NEP S

Clark, Ryan PIT S

Hart, Clinton SDC S

Jackson, Dexter CIN S

Watkins, Pat DAL S

Crocker, Chris ATL S

Harris, Chris CHI S

Allen, Will TBB S

Page, Jarrad KCC S

Francisco, Aaron

Adams, Mike SFO S

If it were me, I would scoop him up ASAP :confused:

Here's the top ten FA S returning

Hawkins, Artrell NEP S

Clark, Ryan PIT S

Hart, Clinton SDC S

Jackson, Dexter CIN S

Watkins, Pat DAL S

Crocker, Chris ATL S

Harris, Chris CHI S

Allen, Will TBB S

Page, Jarrad KCC S

Francisco, Aaron

Adams, Mike SFO S

If it were me, I would scoop him up ASAP ;)
Heck yes.

I can't believe Page is available in a 32 team league.

same grab him for sureI liked Fransisco till ARZ added Holt :lmao:

Page is your man if he is available. I'm also actually high on Greg Blue too, another name that's been mentioned. The Vikings have about 800 safeties, it seems (LOL), but Blue could be a good one. He's looked pretty good as a hitter/tackler during the times I've seen him in game action...and it seems as though the Vikings brass is pretty high on him. Blue is the kind of guy folks should be happy to tuck on the end of their bench for a season or two and see how he develops. I know I've been looking at him as a "buy" in pretty-much every dynasty league I play in. But, of course, I also wear the :horns: ....so I'm sure I've got a little :yucky: in me too.....

Honestly for 32 team league those are pretty good (do you guys have multiple bodies) . If you are not worried about next year, Jackson and Hart are good selections...otherwise look to Page as other are selected.

Honestly for 32 team league those are pretty good (do you guys have multiple bodies) . If you are not worried about next year, Jackson and Hart are good selections...otherwise look to Page as other are selected.
Should have clarified 2 divisions.

Me neither. I'd be happy to have those guys as my starters...oh wait, some are. :mellow:

In the 32 team Beaumont, Zoomanji and I are in, these are the only safeties available:

1 Johnson, Todd CHI S

2 Vincent, Troy FA S

3 Rumph, Mike FA S

4 Abdullah, Hamza DEN S

5 Schulters, Lance ATL S

6 Carpenter, Dwaine STL S

7 Harris, Quentin DEN S

8 Fox, Dustin PHI S

9 Everett, Tyler CHI S

10 Green, Michael SEA S

11 Nicholson, Donte TBB S

12 Turnbull, Nick CHI S

Me neither. I'd be happy to have those guys as my starters...oh wait, some are. :lmao:

In the 32 team Beaumont, Zoomanji and I are in, these are the only safeties available:

1 Johnson, Todd CHI S

2 Vincent, Troy FA S

3 Rumph, Mike FA S

4 Abdullah, Hamza DEN S

5 Schulters, Lance ATL S

6 Carpenter, Dwaine STL S

7 Harris, Quentin DEN S

8 Fox, Dustin PHI S

9 Everett, Tyler CHI S

10 Green, Michael SEA S

11 Nicholson, Donte TBB S

12 Turnbull, Nick CHI S

And you guys stay away from Fox, he's mine. :lmao:

Kevin Payne, Bears.

No, but I'm thinking a year or two down the road. Picking has to be pretty slim in a 32 team dynasty, but I figure he's a guy worth a gamble who could be available. Payne is a pretty good athlete (converted RB) and still learning the position, but fits the profile of a guy who pans out for Angelo. I think D.Manning might be better as a corner and injuries are going to run Brown out of the game shortly. I think Archuleta is actually the safest bet and best value of their safeties for this year, but even he has the concern you mentioned. Their whole safety situation is shaky.
Any updates on Payne?

Anthony Smith, Pitts, he is fighting for the starting job but may lose to Ryan Clark, but Smith has great ability, and can knock guys out. I think he will at least see good time this year, with the great possibility of starting next year opposite Troy P. You might get him in the last round if he isnt named starter.