Red Apples

Mad Men on AMC

7,016 posts in this topic

Just finishing watching Season 1 on DVD.

Entire Season 1 is available on OnDemand (digital cable) right now.

i didn't watch season 1 -- except for a few episodes i caught last week. did peggy miscarry/abort or did she deliver the bab? put up for adoption?

i didn't watch season 1 -- except for a few episodes i caught last week. did peggy miscarry/abort or did she deliver the bab? put up for adoption?

In the last episode of Season 1, she had the baby but it wasn't clear what happened to it. It was a short scene that saw the nurse bring the baby into the room and ask Peggy if she wanted to see it. Peggy just turned away and that was it.

Thanks, Senor. I guess that leaves them some flexibility with the story line. If this had more of a soap opera flavor, you could bet that Pete (?) (presumed father?) and his wifee who can't get pregnant would end up adopting the baby not knowing. :shock:

Triple yawner for the first episode, tough hour to get through.

I thought it was pretty good :confused: We've got new guys coming into the office, Joan's resentment building against Peggy and Betty starting to stretch her wings.

I thought it was pretty good :shrug: We've got new guys coming into the office, Joan's resentment building against Peggy and Betty starting to stretch her wings.
I liked it.I am so in love with that redhead :wub:

I thought it was pretty good :shrug: We've got new guys coming into the office, Joan's resentment building against Peggy and Betty starting to stretch her wings.
I thought it was good too. They have to set up the rest of the season etc.

I thought it was pretty good :shrug:

We've got new guys coming into the office, Joan's resentment building against Peggy and Betty starting to stretch her wings.

I liked it.

I am so in love with that redhead :wub:

I liked the episode and Joan

Was cool to see one of those table lighters in the board room. forgot about those.

Didnt realize they had copiers back then. Why the hell were my elementary school teachers battling those blue ink ditto machines in the 70s?

----------------

Now playing: Porcupine Tree - Lazarus

via FoxyTunes

I thought it was pretty good :goodposting:

We've got new guys coming into the office, Joan's resentment building against Peggy and Betty starting to stretch her wings.

I liked it.

I liked the episode and Joan

Was cool to see one of those table lighters in the board room. forgot about those.

Didnt realize they had copiers back then. Why the hell were my elementary school teachers battling those blue ink ditto machines in the 70s?

----------------

Now playing: Porcupine Tree - Lazarus

via FoxyTunes

Yeah, I didn't know they had copiers then, either. I bet they were really expensive.

:goodposting: She is hot!
"I just wanted to see that red Valentine.""You'll see it when I walk out."

Joan (Christina Hendricks) reminds me of Lauren Holly. I'm more personally more interested in Jon Hamm!

Still great. Can't believe this show isn't getting any attention.

Top notch episode last night. Loved the look on Don's face when Peggy called him "Don" instead of Mr. Draper at the end of the episode (her way to trying to gain equal footing with him). Also, when the little comedian followed that up by calling him "Donny". You could almost see the "WTF" expression on Draper's face, as in, "WTF, when did we go informal around here?"

I love the scene a couple of episodes ago where Draper simultaneously threatens the comedian's manager while copping a feel on her.

Is this show still getting the great reviews? I've seen a few folks say they like it and I thought I'd give it a try. I never watch regular TV though so I'm wondering if it's still getting the love it was.

J

I love the scene a couple of episodes ago where Draper simultaneously threatens the comedian's manager while copping a feel on her.

Some interesting stuff going on there.And Don visiting Peggy in the hospital was enlightening as well.

Some interesting stuff going on there.And Don visiting Peggy in the hospital was enlightening as well.
I haven't watched last night's show. Will report back later...

Is this show still getting the great reviews? I've seen a few folks say they like it and I thought I'd give it a try. I never watch regular TV though so I'm wondering if it's still getting the love it was.J

Dude, rent the entire first season. I think it's one of the top 10 best shows ever. Just outstanding. Chock full of good characters, great set and costume desgin, and just tons of subtext.

Dude, rent the entire first season. I think it's one of the top 10 best shows ever. Just outstanding. Chock full of good characters, great set and costume desgin, and just tons of subtext.

The show is a great miror of the time period. Episodes may still be available on line as well. I didn't watch last year, but got to see a few episodes of the marathon they ran the week before the new season. They will be re-airing the 1st five episodes from this season next sunday 5-10pm. Edited by Mystery Achiever

The show is a grat miror of the time period. Episodes may still be available on line as well. I didn't watch last year, but got to see a few episodes of the marathon they ran the week before the new season. They will be re-airing the 1st five episodes from this season next sunday 5-10pm.
:moneybag:

Sorry about that. Not really a spoiler but I just assumed you had seen it. Carry on.

[And Don visiting Peggy in the hospital was enlightening as well.

Sorry about that. Not really a spoiler but I just assumed you had seen it. Carry on.
Well,then, I'll ask my question in the box for now.

[And Don visiting Peggy in the hospital was enlightening as well.

Well,then, I'll ask my question in the box for now.
I think we've settled on the rule around here that if the original episode has aired it's fair game to talk about it and if you missed it you take your chances entering the thread.

I think it's a combination of the two.

No need to apologize. I read the thread knowing that there may be spoilers.

I can't believe Mrs. Draper and Joan are having a secret lesbian affair.

I can't believe Mrs. Draper and Joan are having a secret lesbian affair.

:)Annnnd...I'm out.

Great show. One of the few I have to watch every week. This season is a little slow for me. I miss the office and ad biz stuff. I loved the episodes about the Kodak Carousel where they get into the creative process. This season is way more about home life drama and personal issues, which is compelling, but a bit boring. One thing for sure is that Draper is completely losing it.

Great show. One of the few I have to watch every week. This season is a little slow for me. I miss the office and ad biz stuff. I loved the episodes about the Kodak Carousel where they get into the creative process. This season is way more about home life drama and personal issues, which is compelling, but a bit boring. One thing for sure is that Draper is completely losing it.

I liked last season much better too. I watched all the new episodes until last week's. The new season episodes end, and I feel like nothing's really happened in the episode. Things are just slightly more twisted.

That was a fantastic episode. I agree that Draper is losing it quickly.

This season has been a disappointment so far. Last season was great so I am hoping it gets better.

This season has been a disappointment so far. Last season was great so I am hoping it gets better.

Disagree completely. We're finding out much more about the characters this year.

Disagree completely. We're finding out much more about the characters this year.
:confused: Some interesting things going on. Especially with Draper.

The last 10 minutes of the show last night were the best --- the Jimmy Barret vs Don Draper confrontation at the end was brilliant: "You know what I like about you? Nothing. But you got me everything I want. And what did you end up with? Bobby. And plenty of others have already had her." Ouch. Nailed him.