What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

** Official ** Colorado Rockies 2007 Thread (1 Viewer)

Solid outing by Cook and another solid save effort by Corpas.

Their young players are really stepping up. Atkins, Holliday, Tulowitzki, and Spilborghs are going to be great core players for a lot of years.

Unfortunately we should have traded Helton ealier in the year and brought Ian Stewart up to player either third (move Atkins to 1st) or first base depending on who fields better. We could use another solid starter and bullpen help.

Rockies win a series on the road and are 3 1/2 games out in the NL West, and 2 1/2 games out for the wild card.

Their upcoming schedule is tough though against Atlanta, Brewers, Cubs, Padres, and Dodgers. This will probably make or break their season.

Woot.

Another solid performance by Francis as the Rockies beat Smoltz and the Braves 9-2.

2 games out of wild card and 3 games from NL west lead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow...yet crap.

Hirsh broke his leg (pitched 5 more innings) yesterday. Losing him and previously Lopez leaves that fifth starter spot open. Got a couple of guys down in AAA they may call up depending on how long he will be out.

Despite losing four starting pitchers the Rockies are still in the playoff hunt after winning the double header tonight against the Dodgers.

So who is happy to have Holliday on their fantasy roster?

Despite losing four starting pitchers the Rockies are still in the playoff hunt after winning the double header tonight against the Dodgers.So who is happy to have Holliday on their fantasy roster?
I passed on him for Jason Bay this year, I think I made the right choice.wait for it... :shrug:

Man, am I proud of how they have finished out this year. I ultimately believe they are going to come up just short, barring a miracle in the last 3 games, but they have alot to build on and alot to be proud of.

11 in a row is ridiculous...

Huge game tonight, Webb going againt them, but they have their best pitcher throwing as well and are at home...

What a great run! I am not a fan, but I would love to see them make the playoffs. I know this a big if, but I am headed to Denver in about 2 weeks. If they somehow ended up playing in the NLCS, I will be in town then. It would be pretty cool to go to a NLCS in Coors Field (as long as it isn't snowing!).

What a great season. WS sucked, but the run to get there was truly amazing.

I think Fuentes, Fogg, Affelt, and Matsui are gone but we will see. Hopefully they can sign Holliday to a 4-5 year contract. I think Atkins or Helton gets traded with Stewart taking their spot (possibly second but I doubt that). Hopefully they can get Herges signed as well.

Their rotation should be better with another year experience. Francis, Cook, Jiminez, Hirsch, and Morales are solid.

No one was more excited about the Rockies' magical run than their owner, Charlie Monfort. In fact, maybe he got a little too excited.

Monfort insisted after Game 4 of the World Series that the Rockies are a better team than the Boston Red Sox, a team that outscored them 29-10 in a four-game Series sweep.

"These guys did amazing things," Monfort said. "I think this team is a better team than Boston. It would have been nice to have another two, three, four days. We'll wake up tomorrow and go, 'There's no baseball game to go to,' but what a deal they did. It's an amazing thing they accomplished just to get here."

They were amazing, all right. But better than the Red Sox?

"I think so," said Monfort. "How did we win 21 out of 22? We got the breaks. And I think they got the breaks. Are they a better team? I don't think so. You give us 10 games against them, we'll beat them six."

What an idiot. :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread