What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anarchy League 2 (1 Viewer)

1.08 Addai

2.09 New England QB

3.08 Winslow

4.09 Deuce McAllister

was kind of meh on this team, but looking at the other drafts, it seems like i'm getting some good value.
No kidding....I think I'm looking at bizzaro world with some of these crazy picks and DonnyT actually making good picks.Solid team Joffer.
I agree. I think Joffer's team is one of the best ones so far...Overall I'm liking the way my team is forming. All the top TEs were taken way early, and I didn't want to burn an early pick on a mid-low tiered TE when there's better value out there. THat may come to haunt me, but ohhh well! I have one of the top QBs, 3 good starting RBs, and 2 good starting WRs. I was REALLY hoping Jacobs might continue to fall and I could snag him at the 5.16/6.01 turn. Also, Norwood was taken RIGHT before my turn. :cry:
There will be huge differentials between the teams in the league as I'm sure there are at a least a few quality drafters in this league eating up the gravey on this draft board.

1.08 Addai

2.09 New England QB

3.08 Winslow

4.09 Deuce McAllister

was kind of meh on this team, but looking at the other drafts, it seems like i'm getting some good value.
No kidding....I think I'm looking at bizzaro world with some of these crazy picks and DonnyT actually making good picks.Solid team Joffer.
I agree. I think Joffer's team is one of the best ones so far...Overall I'm liking the way my team is forming. All the top TEs were taken way early, and I didn't want to burn an early pick on a mid-low tiered TE when there's better value out there. THat may come to haunt me, but ohhh well! I have one of the top QBs, 3 good starting RBs, and 2 good starting WRs. I was REALLY hoping Jacobs might continue to fall and I could snag him at the 5.16/6.01 turn. Also, Norwood was taken RIGHT before my turn. :lmao:
ya the TE squeeze is certainly making this draft one of the more interesting ones this off seasoncant complain about grabbing jacobs in the 5th though :cry:

1.08 Addai

2.09 New England QB

3.08 Winslow

4.09 Deuce McAllister

I agree. I think Joffer's team is one of the best ones so far...Overall I'm liking the way my team is forming. All the top TEs were taken way early, and I didn't want to burn an early pick on a mid-low tiered TE when there's better value out there. THat may come to haunt me, but ohhh well! I have one of the top QBs, 3 good starting RBs, and 2 good starting WRs. I was REALLY hoping Jacobs might continue to fall and I could snag him at the 5.16/6.01 turn. Also, Norwood was taken RIGHT before my turn. :confused:
Sorry about that. :shrug: You got me by grabbing Boldin. Did you have Colston in your pre-draft list there? I went back and forth about who you were more likely to take and figured Colston because the team strength, so I grabbed him first.

Good point about the TEs. Maybe I'll be in trouble for not having one, but grabbing TE15 or whatever at this point with so many other good players left on the board is dumb.

1.08 Addai

2.09 New England QB

3.08 Winslow

4.09 Deuce McAllister

I agree. I think Joffer's team is one of the best ones so far...Overall I'm liking the way my team is forming. All the top TEs were taken way early, and I didn't want to burn an early pick on a mid-low tiered TE when there's better value out there. THat may come to haunt me, but ohhh well! I have one of the top QBs, 3 good starting RBs, and 2 good starting WRs. I was REALLY hoping Jacobs might continue to fall and I could snag him at the 5.16/6.01 turn. Also, Norwood was taken RIGHT before my turn. :football:
Sorry about that. :D You got me by grabbing Boldin. Did you have Colston in your pre-draft list there? I went back and forth about who you were more likely to take and figured Colston because the team strength, so I grabbed him first.

Good point about the TEs. Maybe I'll be in trouble for not having one, but grabbing TE15 or whatever at this point with so many other good players left on the board is dumb.
Actually I did have Colston pre-drafted, along with about 10 others. But I like Boldin better...

1.08 Addai

2.09 New England QB

3.08 Winslow

4.09 Deuce McAllister

I agree. I think Joffer's team is one of the best ones so far...Overall I'm liking the way my team is forming. All the top TEs were taken way early, and I didn't want to burn an early pick on a mid-low tiered TE when there's better value out there. THat may come to haunt me, but ohhh well! I have one of the top QBs, 3 good starting RBs, and 2 good starting WRs. I was REALLY hoping Jacobs might continue to fall and I could snag him at the 5.16/6.01 turn. Also, Norwood was taken RIGHT before my turn. :football:
Sorry about that. :D You got me by grabbing Boldin. Did you have Colston in your pre-draft list there? I went back and forth about who you were more likely to take and figured Colston because the team strength, so I grabbed him first.

agreed. i keep having a hard time passing up the wr talentWestbrook

Jacobs

Holt

RMoss

Burress

Berrian

Also not going to pass up quality players to reach for marginal TE picks after being squeezed. I did actualy consider taking Gonzalez in round 2 just because of this but to pass up Andre who I think will catch 100+ balls again for Gonzo did not seem right.

I have been predrafting the whole way might have changed up the Mark Clayton pick for a RB instead but I like having him as well.

Titans QB

FWP

Caddy

Andre Johnson

Donald Driver

Mark Clayton

I am not extremly excited about Vince Young as others are but hopefully he adds a lot running the ball to make this pick worhtwhile. We'll see.

I do think I have been getting ahead of the pack on a few picks here and seeing runs chase me more than me chasing them. With exception of the TE positon of course.

Also not going to pass up quality players to reach for marginal TE picks after being squeezed. I did actualy consider taking Gonzalez in round 2 just because of this but to pass up Andre who I think will catch 100+ balls again for Gonzo did not seem right.I have been predrafting the whole way might have changed up the Mark Clayton pick for a RB instead but I like having him as well.Titans QBFWPCaddyAndre JohnsonDonald DriverMark ClaytonI am not extremly excited about Vince Young as others are but hopefully he adds a lot running the ball to make this pick worhtwhile. We'll see.I do think I have been getting ahead of the pack on a few picks here and seeing runs chase me more than me chasing them. With exception of the TE positon of course.
looks like we went the same route except for our last choice. I was considering the titans qb also there

Also not going to pass up quality players to reach for marginal TE picks after being squeezed. I did actualy consider taking Gonzalez in round 2 just because of this but to pass up Andre who I think will catch 100+ balls again for Gonzo did not seem right.I have been predrafting the whole way might have changed up the Mark Clayton pick for a RB instead but I like having him as well.Titans QBFWPCaddyAndre JohnsonDonald DriverMark ClaytonI am not extremly excited about Vince Young as others are but hopefully he adds a lot running the ball to make this pick worhtwhile. We'll see.I do think I have been getting ahead of the pack on a few picks here and seeing runs chase me more than me chasing them. With exception of the TE positon of course.
looks like we went the same route except for our last choice. I was considering the titans qb also there
Predrafting is forcing me to stick to the total points rankings I have rather than moving away due to flow of the draft as I normaly will. That might be a good thing more than a bad thing. I would have to look back to see if I would have changed up drafting live. The Mark Clayton pick is the only one I can think of I might have gone a different way.Very happy with the Caddy pick that late.

There will be huge differentials between the teams in the league as I'm sure there are at a least a few quality drafters in this league eating up the gravey on this draft board.
The gap between the #1 and #2 teams in your league last year (442 points) was bigger than the gap between the #1 and #13 teams in this league (402 points).

The gap between the #1 and #2 teams in your league last year (442 points) was bigger than the gap between the #1 and #13 teams in this league (402 points).
Exactly.When I predraft 25 players and ALL of my predrafts are gone except for one (one of my last 2 or 3) when it gets back to my pick that means there is NO GRAVEY being left by anyone for me to scoop up on.

My kingdom for people to make their own picks!

I gave Joffer McMichael. I'm heading out and can't do anything for a few hours. If joffer *REALLY* can't stand that pick he can take someone else if that guy is around when I get back in a few hours.

1.08 Addai

2.09 New England QB

3.08 Winslow

4.09 Deuce McAllister

I agree. I think Joffer's team is one of the best ones so far...Overall I'm liking the way my team is forming. All the top TEs were taken way early, and I didn't want to burn an early pick on a mid-low tiered TE when there's better value out there. THat may come to haunt me, but ohhh well! I have one of the top QBs, 3 good starting RBs, and 2 good starting WRs. I was REALLY hoping Jacobs might continue to fall and I could snag him at the 5.16/6.01 turn. Also, Norwood was taken RIGHT before my turn. :moneybag:
Sorry about that. :moneybag: You got me by grabbing Boldin. Did you have Colston in your pre-draft list there? I went back and forth about who you were more likely to take and figured Colston because the team strength, so I grabbed him first.

Actually I did have Colston pre-drafted, along with about 10 others. But I like Boldin better...
I do too, I just overrated the playoff aspect of this league in that decision. moron. :shrug:

1.08 Addai

2.09 New England QB

3.08 Winslow

4.09 Deuce McAllister

I agree. I think Joffer's team is one of the best ones so far...Overall I'm liking the way my team is forming. All the top TEs were taken way early, and I didn't want to burn an early pick on a mid-low tiered TE when there's better value out there. THat may come to haunt me, but ohhh well! I have one of the top QBs, 3 good starting RBs, and 2 good starting WRs. I was REALLY hoping Jacobs might continue to fall and I could snag him at the 5.16/6.01 turn. Also, Norwood was taken RIGHT before my turn. :hot:

I do too, I just overrated the playoff aspect of this league in that decision. moron. :wall:
See, that's the difference between JV and Varsity. :shrug:

1.08 Addai

2.09 New England QB

3.08 Winslow

4.09 Deuce McAllister

I agree. I think Joffer's team is one of the best ones so far...Overall I'm liking the way my team is forming. All the top TEs were taken way early, and I didn't want to burn an early pick on a mid-low tiered TE when there's better value out there. THat may come to haunt me, but ohhh well! I have one of the top QBs, 3 good starting RBs, and 2 good starting WRs. I was REALLY hoping Jacobs might continue to fall and I could snag him at the 5.16/6.01 turn. Also, Norwood was taken RIGHT before my turn. :D

I do too, I just overrated the playoff aspect of this league in that decision. moron. :hot:
Good to see the excellent predrafting in your league. :wall:

1.08 Addai

2.09 New England QB

3.08 Winslow

4.09 Deuce McAllister

I agree. I think Joffer's team is one of the best ones so far...Overall I'm liking the way my team is forming. All the top TEs were taken way early, and I didn't want to burn an early pick on a mid-low tiered TE when there's better value out there. THat may come to haunt me, but ohhh well! I have one of the top QBs, 3 good starting RBs, and 2 good starting WRs. I was REALLY hoping Jacobs might continue to fall and I could snag him at the 5.16/6.01 turn. Also, Norwood was taken RIGHT before my turn. :hot:

I do too, I just overrated the playoff aspect of this league in that decision. moron. :wall:
See, that's the difference between JV and Varsity. :thumbup:
Good to see the excellent predrafting in your league. :thumbup:
:lmao: It is truly amazing, isn't it? These are smart people, right? Last year, same thing. It's incredibly inconsiderate, actually.

My kingdom for people to make their own picks!I gave Joffer McMichael. I'm heading out and can't do anything for a few hours. If joffer *REALLY* can't stand that pick he can take someone else if that guy is around when I get back in a few hours.
apologies. all day meeting. :thumbup: i couldn't even break out at lunch.please give me Glenn instead of McMichael if possible. thanks Dave.

I almost took Owen Daniels with my last pick. I think he was the last good TE prospect remaining but Rzrback77 scooped him up before it got back to me.

I am going to be bleeding a lot of points from that position again this year.

My kingdom for people to make their own picks!I gave Joffer McMichael. I'm heading out and can't do anything for a few hours. If joffer *REALLY* can't stand that pick he can take someone else if that guy is around when I get back in a few hours.
apologies. all day meeting. :shrug: i couldn't even break out at lunch.please give me Glenn instead of McMichael if possible. thanks Dave.
Can't give you Glenn cause he's already taken, but you can take someone else and I'll throw McMichael back in the pool . . .

apologies. all day meeting. :shrug: i couldn't even break out at lunch.please give me Glenn instead of McMichael if possible. thanks Dave.
Can't give you Glenn cause he's already taken, but you can take someone else and I'll throw McMichael back in the pool . . .
Stallworth

Stallworth
Done . . . but I think you may regret this move.

apologies. all day meeting. :thumbup: i couldn't even break out at lunch.please give me Glenn instead of McMichael if possible. thanks Dave.
Stallworth
Done . . . but I think you may regret this move.
thanksif it was anyone but McMichael. words can not describe how down i am on McMichael this year

1.08 Addai

2.09 New England QB

3.08 Winslow

4.09 Deuce McAllister

I agree. I think Joffer's team is one of the best ones so far...Overall I'm liking the way my team is forming. All the top TEs were taken way early, and I didn't want to burn an early pick on a mid-low tiered TE when there's better value out there. THat may come to haunt me, but ohhh well! I have one of the top QBs, 3 good starting RBs, and 2 good starting WRs. I was REALLY hoping Jacobs might continue to fall and I could snag him at the 5.16/6.01 turn. Also, Norwood was taken RIGHT before my turn. :lmao:
Sorry about that. :lmao: You got me by grabbing Boldin. Did you have Colston in your pre-draft list there? I went back and forth about who you were more likely to take and figured Colston because the team strength, so I grabbed him first.

I do too, I just overrated the playoff aspect of this league in that decision. moron. :unsure:
Blow me

I almost took Owen Daniels with my last pick. I think he was the last good TE prospect remaining but Rzrback77 scooped him up before it got back to me.I am going to be bleeding a lot of points from that position again this year.
Was counting on Daniels to last til my next pick. I'm ####ed.

I am still at work so cannot pick for another 3 hours. Fortunitly my picks have been coming up after midnight so this doesen't hold anyone else up. I did PM Bee but I guess he turned in allready, slacker.

ConstruxBoy said:
Biabreakable said:
I almost took Owen Daniels with my last pick. I think he was the last good TE prospect remaining but Rzrback77 scooped him up before it got back to me.I am going to be bleeding a lot of points from that position again this year.
Thanks, I think. Last year there was a lot of talk early on when the top TEs were flying. Most comments were that they were going too early and folks who were attempting to stockpile were not getting an advantage. Seems like the second or third tier dropoff is where the real damage is done to those who grab value elsewhere and wait for TEs. If they wait too late, then the cubbard is bare. Seems to me that it is approaching bare now.

ConstruxBoy said:
Biabreakable said:
Thanks, I think. Last year there was a lot of talk early on when the top TEs were flying. Most comments were that they were going too early and folks who were attempting to stockpile were not getting an advantage. Seems like the second or third tier dropoff is where the real damage is done to those who grab value elsewhere and wait for TEs. If they wait too late, then the cubbard is bare. Seems to me that it is approaching bare now.
Yeah I just grabbed Dallas Clark, but I know that he will let us down after helping everybody last year and I'm worried about him needing to block more with Glenn gone. But I'm an optimist, lol. Or I was desperate.

Last pick was 8:46 last I checked, so I figured check in right before 1:00 and David will have picked. I look now and David still has almost 3 hours left???

It's good to be the King.

Sea Leopard of Death said:
Hold on, am I reading biabreakable's comment (next to his Favre pick) correctly? :yes:
Yes your fetish for Favre is noted Sonny. So if Anarchy times out what is the penalty? Anarchy picks a scrub for himself?

It is good to be king indeed.

Hold on, am I reading biabreakable's comment (next to his Favre pick) correctly? :shrug:
Yes your fetish for Favre is noted Sonny. So if Anarchy times out what is the penalty? Anarchy picks a scrub for himself?

Which team in any of the leagues this year did I award "a scrub to?"
I was trying to draft Fred Taylor just now but saw that you allready took him awhile back..It's just semantics often times the player you have been awarding to people who time out might be a better pick then what they may have made themselves.

:scerred of timing out now and seeing Anarchy's definition of scrub: :lol:

Hold on, am I reading biabreakable's comment (next to his Favre pick) correctly? :kicksrock:

I was trying to draft Fred Taylor just now but saw that you allready took him awhile back..It's just semantics often times the player you have been awarding to people who time out might be a better pick then what they may have made themselves.

:scerred of timing out now and seeing Anarchy's definition of scrub: :moneybag:
That happened last year, too. But people remember the bat story and the subsequent awarding of Curtis Martin (who crashed and burned), thus fueling the notion that people get scrubs if they miss a pick. If people don't like who they were assigned, I've been letting people switch to someone else within a reasonable amount of time.As it is, I'm basically drafting for 5 teams now in addition to making replacement picks and honestly I can't remember which players I put on which teams and when I need to draft for everyone.

Hold on, am I reading biabreakable's comment (next to his Favre pick) correctly? :thumbup:

:scerred of timing out now and seeing Anarchy's definition of scrub: :no:
That happened last year, too. But people remember the bat story and the subsequent awarding of Curtis Martin (who crashed and burned), thus fueling the notion that people get scrubs if they miss a pick. If people don't like who they were assigned, I've been letting people switch to someone else within a reasonable amount of time.As it is, I'm basically drafting for 5 teams now in addition to making replacement picks and honestly I can't remember which players I put on which teams and when I need to draft for everyone.
You run a egalitarian monarchy here Anarchy. :no: If one could call it that. No rule is better than cruel rule comes to mind.

That was not my point really though just found it funny that if you time out then you will just pick for yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hold on, am I reading biabreakable's comment (next to his Favre pick) correctly? :no:

:scerred of timing out now and seeing Anarchy's definition of scrub: :no:
I've been trying to keep my mouth shut, but oh well, I lose the fight. Everybody knows when they sign up for this league that it is a four-hour clock. It takes more time to keep up with this draft than the message bosrd 8-hour clock drafts. I think that David is going above and beyond to award players to folks that miss the timer. And being especially nice to allow them to swap out after thye return. If they think they will not be able to check often, predraft. I think that whoever times out should miss their pick until they show up.sorry, but I do feel better now. :thumbup:

Hold on, am I reading biabreakable's comment (next to his Favre pick) correctly? :confused:

:scerred of timing out now and seeing Anarchy's definition of scrub: :unsure:
I've been trying to keep my mouth shut, but oh well, I lose the fight. Everybody knows when they sign up for this league that it is a four-hour clock. It takes more time to keep up with this draft than the message bosrd 8-hour clock drafts. I think that David is going above and beyond to award players to folks that miss the timer. And being especially nice to allow them to swap out after thye return. If they think they will not be able to check often, predraft. I think that whoever times out should miss their pick until they show up.sorry, but I do feel better now. :football:
Agreed. and for those timing out that just shows they are not paying enough attention to this draft so they have other problems..

I don't know how this ball ever got going in this direction but it is an absolutely false notion. Yudkin's picks have always been thought out based on need and value and are MORE than fair. I actually remember people complaining that David was finding better players than the guy would have normally drafted.

That's ludicrous to infer that he willingly does otherwise. Seriously, you know him, it's not how he is to begin with.

Damnit Construx! That's the THIRD time you've nabbed one right before me! Was hoping for Dallas Clark last time around, and then was hoping for Gonzalez and you snagged him too!

Damnit Construx! That's the THIRD time you've nabbed one right before me! Was hoping for Dallas Clark last time around, and then was hoping for Gonzalez and you snagged him too!
Glad I did. I've been scooped for him in a couple of other leagues already, including a 5 keeper league in which my team is rebuilding and I really could have used him. :rolleyes:Sorry though. :lmao:

4 hours is foolishly to little esp the way this one spins...dam six should be a min!...what do i do now..just wnet out for soeme business and miss my pick...

:shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread