Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Da Guru

Light/ dark liquors - Red/white wine hangovers...

8 posts in this topic

Now mind you I have no scientific data to back up this theory but..

Do dark liquors and wine cause worse hangovers? We had a party last night at our house and I had a few Jack Daniels..I was feeling pretty good but nowhere near sloshed. This morning I felt like crap!! Still do.

If I drink beer, vodka, white wine I rarely feel bad the next day. Give me Jack Daniels, Dark Rum, Captains or Merlot and I always feel lousy the next day. I am starting to sense a correlation here.

If I get some good feedback I will do my Masters thesis on this topic.

Do dark liquors and wine cause worse hangovers?

Yes, dark liquors and red/blush wine have more congeners in them.

I thought hangovers were more a function of dehydration?White wine gives me hangovers if I drink tons, moreso than red wine. I always thought this was because it had more sugar.Vodka gives me the least hangover of all booze.

Your theories are sound. Clear liquors (vodka, gin, light rum) are much more hangover-proof in my experience.

Try drinking some water every once in a while when you're partying hard.

Either that or do a line of coke. You won't have to worry about the hangover... you'll still be partying.

I thought hangovers were more a function of dehydration?White wine gives me hangovers if I drink tons, moreso than red wine. I always thought this was because it had more sugar.Vodka gives me the least hangover of all booze.
What do you consider on ton of wune? I can easliy put a bottle away without being too loaded.