What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Adding Flex position- How does this affect drafting (1 Viewer)

pfalvey

Footballguy
I'm in a league that has typical WCOFF scoring rules with PPR and has just added a RB/WR/TE Flex position to it's starting lineup. Not being in a flex league before, how should I approach this change. My initial thoughts are that it will not change when I take a RB, but it will have more effect on when I take a QB or TE, which will be later than usual. What's the shark approach to this? Any tips.

depends, is it:

1 rb 2 wr 1 flex

1 rb 3 wr 1 flex

2 rb 2 wr 1 flex

2 rb 3 wr 1 flex

i know that the flex in a 1 rb 2 wr in ppr means you are better off grabbing top wrs in 2/3 than second tier rbs.

if you haven't already, i recommend just plugging in roster requirements and scoring into vbd spreadsheet, that should give you a good ball park for player value.

I'm in a league that has typical WCOFF scoring rules with PPR and has just added a RB/WR/TE Flex position to it's starting lineup. Not being in a flex league before, how should I approach this change. My initial thoughts are that it will not change when I take a RB, but it will have more effect on when I take a QB or TE, which will be later than usual. What's the shark approach to this? Any tips.
So does this mean 2 RB, 3 WR, and 1 flex? If so, it puts a lot more pressure on the RB position during the draft. Scarcity is more of a factor than it was so you'll see guys reaching earlier for guys with less value just to get them onto their rosters (ie Norwood, Lewis, Jordan, etc.). The PPR spreads the value to the WRs so you could choose to load up there once you get your core RB starters. I wouldn't think it would push most of the top 5-6 QBs and/or TE's back much. Put the new lineup in the DD and you'll see how your strategy should change.

depends, is it:1 rb 2 wr 1 flex1 rb 3 wr 1 flex2 rb 2 wr 1 flex2 rb 3 wr 1 flexi know that the flex in a 1 rb 2 wr in ppr means you are better off grabbing top wrs in 2/3 than second tier rbs. if you haven't already, i recommend just plugging in roster requirements and scoring into vbd spreadsheet, that should give you a good ball park for player value.
Starters are : 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Def, 1 PK and 1 Flex (RB/WR/TE).

Users who are viewing this thread