Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

red_stapler

thoughts on these guys?

This is my first year playing IDP dynasty league. We start 11 def players. 3-4 LB, 3-4 DT/DE, 4-5 DB. So far I have

KMorrison LB

DEdwards LB

RMathis DE

Laron Landry S

Trent Cole DE

BSanders S

for my round 20 (of 45 rounds) I am looking at NBarnett, Okoye, ACarriker, TKelly, CRedding, I have them in that order. What can I do to improve my def? Any strategy?

This is my first year playing IDP dynasty league. We start 11 def players. 3-4 LB, 3-4 DT/DE, 4-5 DB. So far I haveKMorrison LBDEdwards LBRMathis DELaron Landry STrent Cole DEBSanders Sfor my round 20 (of 45 rounds) I am looking at NBarnett, Okoye, ACarriker, TKelly, CRedding, I have them in that order. What can I do to improve my def? Any strategy?

Do you have to play DTs?If you do, take Redding immediately. I'd also have him well ahead of Okoye (who is a project only at this point), Carriker (who got stuck at NT), Kelly (who has become a rotational guy with Moses in the picture).Otherwise, the best LB/DB is still the way to go. Barnett has issues but is still a better pick than a questionable DL at this point.

This is my first year playing IDP dynasty league. We start 11 def players. 3-4 LB, 3-4 DT/DE, 4-5 DB. So far I haveKMorrison LBDEdwards LBRMathis DELaron Landry STrent Cole DEBSanders Sfor my round 20 (of 45 rounds) I am looking at NBarnett, Okoye, ACarriker, TKelly, CRedding, I have them in that order. What can I do to improve my def? Any strategy?

Do you have to play DTs?If you do, take Redding immediately. I'd also have him well ahead of Okoye (who is a project only at this point), Carriker (who got stuck at NT), Kelly (who has become a rotational guy with Moses in the picture).Otherwise, the best LB/DB is still the way to go. Barnett has issues but is still a better pick than a questionable DL at this point.
:wall: Barnett makes a solid 3rd LB for you. But I agree completely with Jene...if you separate DT and DE in your lineup, then Redding is a no brainer.

:thumbup: Barnett makes a solid 3rd LB for you. But I agree completely with Jene...if you separate DT and DE in your lineup, then Redding is a no brainer.
we lump DT/DE's together.... so Barnett?

:lmao: Barnett makes a solid 3rd LB for you. But I agree completely with Jene...if you separate DT and DE in your lineup, then Redding is a no brainer.
we lump DT/DE's together.... so Barnett?
If he's the best LB/DB available, yes.

I think he's the best available. Other options are Brooking, Farrior (both pretty old), JPeterson, VHobson, EJHenderson

I think he's the best available. Other options are Brooking, Farrior (both pretty old), JPeterson, VHobson, EJHenderson

Recent news has Gaither starting in the middle. I'd take him over Barnett at this point. The Brooking-Barnett discussion would be interesting. I think most everyone on staff has Brooking over Barnett this year, but you're right in that he isn't a long term option. If you're looking for 2007 production, though, and Gaither isn't available, I would consider Brooking. Otherwise, I'd have Barnett above everyone else on the list.

Recent news has Gaither starting in the middle. I'd take him over Barnett at this point. The Brooking-Barnett discussion would be interesting. I think most everyone on staff has Brooking over Barnett this year, but you're right in that he isn't a long term option. If you're looking for 2007 production, though, and Gaither isn't available, I would consider Brooking. Otherwise, I'd have Barnett above everyone else on the list.
Gaither went 18.5. I added Brooking after Barnett, someone else suggested my team was too young and lacking experience, so maybe Brooking is the better option.Although, looking at DB's available I have options of: Schweigart, KHamlin, Rnelson, EColeman.

I added Brooking after Barnett, someone else suggested my team was too young and lacking experience, so maybe Brooking is the better option.

They're close, so it's not a major issue. Careful about falling into the trap of paying too much attention to a player's age or years in the league. Many a dynasty owner has made a living buying "old men" low and riding them to titles. Not saying that Brooking falls into that category, but be cautious of taking Marques Colston over Marvin Harrison or Lofa Tatupu over Zach Thomas because of age. Age is a factor, but it's not necessarily more important than talent, scheme opportunity, durability, etc.

I have Barnett and Brooking ranked right next to each other, and the only reason Barnett is one spot higher is age. Brooking is rock solid, and should be for a good 2 years.

I like both more than Gaither.

I added Brooking after Barnett, someone else suggested my team was too young and lacking experience, so maybe Brooking is the better option.

They're close, so it's not a major issue. Careful about falling into the trap of paying too much attention to a player's age or years in the league. Many a dynasty owner has made a living buying "old men" low and riding them to titles. Not saying that Brooking falls into that category, but be cautious of taking Marques Colston over Marvin Harrison or Lofa Tatupu over Zach Thomas because of age. Age is a factor, but it's not necessarily more important than talent, scheme opportunity, durability, etc.
:blackdot: I think the key to a great dynasty draft is knowing where to slot the older players like Zach Thomas for example, and the younger ones like Gaither for example. The players in between them in age are a lot easier to slot. The older ones are tougher, because you don't know how long they can play at a high level. Zach is at the age where you have to wonder that. Similar are young players like Gaither, the rookies and 2nd year players. Trying to project their future abilities is not easy. Brooking is going to be 32 in late October. His age is at a point where it just is starting to be something to watch, but I don't consider his age a major issue yet. One thing I don't like is too many old players, or too many unproven ones.

:D I think the key to a great dynasty draft is knowing where to slot the older players like Zach Thomas for example, and the younger ones like Gaither for example. The players in between them in age are a lot easier to slot. The older ones are tougher, because you don't know how long they can play at a high level. Zach is at the age where you have to wonder that. Similar are young players like Gaither, the rookies and 2nd year players. Trying to project their future abilities is not easy. Brooking is going to be 32 in late October. His age is at a point where it just is starting to be something to watch, but I don't consider his age a major issue yet. One thing I don't like is too many old players, or too many unproven ones.
after much "hooing" and "hawing" I took Barnett, he's 26 so he's experienced enough but not worried about his age.