Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jene Bramel

PLEASE READ: Who should I start advice requests

The IDP AC forum has been significantly busier than we thought it would be. With another bump in traffic as the season starts, it's absolutely critical that advice requests provide as much information as possible if you want a timely and well-considered response.

In almost every case, those providing advice will want to know:

Redraft or dynasty (primarily for free agent/waiver advice requests)

Scoring system (minimum solo/sack/INT/PD/bonuses)

Number of starters required at each position

Which team your player faces that week with home/road designations

Anything else you find pertinent (eg. I'm facing a stacked team and need a miracle)

Scoring system is critically important. And, please, please, please help us by posting your players' opponents. It cuts the research and posting time by a large amount.

Thanks.

The IDP AC forum has been significantly busier than we thought it would be. With another bump in traffic as the season starts, it's absolutely critical that advice requests provide as much information as possible if you want a timely and well-considered response.

In almost every case, those providing advice will want to know:

Redraft or dynasty (primarily for free agent/waiver advice requests)

Scoring system (minimum solo/sack/INT/PD/bonuses)

Number of starters required at each position

Which team your player faces that week with home/road designations

Anything else you find pertinent (eg. I'm facing a stacked team and need a miracle)

Scoring system is critically important. And, please, please, please help us by posting your players' opponents. It cuts the research and posting time by a large amount.

Thanks.

Bumping this thread for the 2008 regular season.

This Forum has really taken off over the past 12 months and it looks like we may be seeing another big increase this season. It will really, really, really help our (well, at least my) addled brains to give the most considered advice if you add as much of the above information that you think is relevant. I don't trust myself to remember every matchup (home and away) and my strong opinion is that the scoring system is vitally important in many cases.

Thanks for your understanding.

Bumping this thread again for 2009. Please read the original post.

This forum is busy. There were over 800 original threads started during the 2008 season and we're on a similar pace through this summer. I'm still going to make the effort to answer every post within 12-18 hours inseason. Many others will drop by and add their (very welcome) thoughts as well. You will get the most detailed responses if you provide the information requested above. Specifically, it's extremely difficult to provide lineup advice without a scoring system and matchups with home and away designations.

Thanks again.