Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jene Bramel

IDP Matchup Analyzer Tool

Earlier this offseason, FBG released the IDP capable MyFBG tool to give subscribers the ability to sort the FBG rankings, projections and stat databases by their own customized scoring system.

We are now proud to introduce FBGs new IDP Matchup Analyzer stat tool.

MAT is a searchable game log database with pull down menus that allow you to generate stat reports by position (ALL/DL/LB/DB). You will be able to search game logs by team played for and against for any range of weeks during the regular season. Used as an adjunct with Clayton Gray's SOS spreadsheets, you will be able to examine any kind of potential IDP matchup at any point in the season.

We had access to a beta version of this during the 2006 season. I regularly used it to answer advice requests in last season's IDP Coaches Corner thread. Mostly MAT will be useful for examining matchups (for and against) but here's a few examples of other ways you might leverage this tool. Feel free to suggest other ways as you learn the ins and outs of the database.

Example:

Trying to decide to go with a big play 3-4 OLB or steady tackling 4-3 LB in a tackle neutral league? Set MAT to sort for linebackers against the team the 3-4 OLB faces that week over the prior four week period (i.e. LBs against OAK between weeks 6 and 10). Look to see if similar linebackers have been successful in pass rush. See a clear trend either way? Decision made.

Example:

Want to know if the player who just replaced an injured or underperforming player in the lineup is worth picking up? Set MAT to sort for that team's position before and after the change (i.e. LBs for JAX bef/aft Peterson's injury or DBs for WAS bef/aft Archuleta's benching).

Note: We are still working on database modifications to allow searching by ILB/OLB, DT/DE and CB/S. WLB/MLB/SLB and FS/SS may also be possible somewhere down the line. For now, though, DD has put a lot of time into putting the current version together and we wanted to make what we had available to the subscribers. If we can assure that the database will be more helpful with the extra designations, we'll hopefully be able to put them into the next version of MAT (and all the other database tools).

Big thanks to Doug Drinen for all his hard work for us hardcore IDPers this offseason. :thumbup: Bookmark and enjoy.

It would be nice to see the positions breakdown further, I have no doubt that will come in time.

Can't say it enough ... GREAT JOB GUYS! :no::shrug:

Do they have a matchup analyzer for offense?

Many thanks!

Earlier this offseason, FBG released the IDP capable MyFBG tool to give subscribers the ability to sort the FBG rankings, projections and stat databases by their own customized scoring system.

We are now proud to introduce FBGs new IDP Matchup Analyzer stat tool.

MAT is a searchable game log database with pull down menus that allow you to generate stat reports by position (ALL/DL/LB/DB). You will be able to search game logs by team played for and against for any range of weeks during the regular season. Used as an adjunct with Clayton Gray's SOS spreadsheets, you will be able to examine any kind of potential IDP matchup at any point in the season.

We had access to a beta version of this during the 2006 season. I regularly used it to answer advice requests in last season's IDP Coaches Corner thread. Mostly MAT will be useful for examining matchups (for and against) but here's a few examples of other ways you might leverage this tool. Feel free to suggest other ways as you learn the ins and outs of the database.

Example:

Trying to decide to go with a big play 3-4 OLB or steady tackling 4-3 LB in a tackle neutral league? Set MAT to sort for linebackers against the team the 3-4 OLB faces that week over the prior four week period (i.e. LBs against OAK between weeks 6 and 10). Look to see if similar linebackers have been successful in pass rush. See a clear trend either way? Decision made.

Example:

Want to know if the player who just replaced an injured or underperforming player in the lineup is worth picking up? Set MAT to sort for that team's position before and after the change (i.e. LBs for JAX bef/aft Peterson's injury or DBs for WAS bef/aft Archuleta's benching).

Note: We are still working on database modifications to allow searching by ILB/OLB, DT/DE and CB/S. WLB/MLB/SLB and FS/SS may also be possible somewhere down the line. For now, though, DD has put a lot of time into putting the current version together and we wanted to make what we had available to the subscribers. If we can assure that the database will be more helpful with the extra designations, we'll hopefully be able to put them into the next version of MAT (and all the other database tools).

Big thanks to Doug Drinen for all his hard work for us hardcore IDPers this offseason. :thumbup: Bookmark and enjoy.