Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GoBears84

Using Draft Dominator for Week 1

27 posts in this topic

As the season begining there will probably be a number of questions regarding the release of the Lineup Dominator. I'll try to answer the most FAQ's so you don't have to search the entire forum:

When will the Trade Dominator and the Lineup Dominator be coming out?

..Typically we see them coming out in Week 2: Trade Dominator coming out Tuesday and the Lineup Dominator slated for Thursday.

How do I use my DD League File? I don't want to lose my draft data.

..Save your draft as MyLeague-W01.ddf. You can add/drop players easily by right clicking and moving to appropriate teams or back to the Player Pool. Next week, just import the MyLeague-W01.ddf into LD and you are ready to go.

How do I determine which players to add/drop and which players to start this week?

..Projections will continue to be released this week. In Game By Game, set week 1 = 1.0 and all of the other weeks to 0. Hit recalculate... and the players will have points just for week 1.

Good luck.

Joel

As the season begining there will probably be a number of questions regarding the release of the Lineup Dominator. I'll try to answer the most FAQ's so you don't have to search the entire forum:When will the Trade Dominator and the Lineup Dominator be coming out?..Typically we see them coming out in Week 2: Trade Dominator coming out Tuesday and the Lineup Dominator slated for Thursday. How do I use my DD League File? I don't want to lose my draft data...Save your draft as MyLeague-W01.ddf. You can add/drop players easily by right clicking and moving to appropriate teams or back to the Player Pool. Next week, just import the MyLeague-W01.ddf into LD and you are ready to go.How do I determine which players to add/drop and which players to start this week?..Projections will continue to be released this week. In Game By Game, set week 1 = 1.0 and all of the other weeks to 0. Hit recalculate... and the players will have points just for week 1.Good luck.Joel

:shock: Came in here just to ask these questions! Nice job.

Probably a dumb question, GoBears, but why do you suggest we rename our .ddf file before we import it to LD?

Actually, the recommendation is to rename your file before you start incorporating add/drop changes - but only if you want to save the results from your draft. With customized ADP lists and custom drop off calculations, owners now want to be able to refer back to the actual draft. If you rename it you can make changes to the .ddf without impacting the final draft results.

GoBears84 I would really appreciate a response to this.

My leagues can start 1QB 1RB 2WR 1Te 1 Def and 1 flex RB or WR. Also get 1 pt. per PPR. 6pts for td except for QB.

This morning I manually used the custom cheat sheet for my league based on Dodds/Norton Projections to get my pts. scored this week by position for trying to set up my starters. After doing this I thought I was pretty well set on my starters. After reading your post, I went into the DD and set my Game By Game to week one at 1.0 and the rest at 0.

Now since I have been using the PD for all my drafts with each expert being weighted at 20% each, I imported their projections into the DD and am coming up with very different numbers for the weekly totals. In most cases (I got 5 teams) it is telling me to start 1RB's and 3 WR's.

The biggest difference I see for a player is Dodds/Norton have Tatum Bell for 12.1 pts. (vs. Oakland) and now the DD has him for 18.5 which is about 6 pts. higher than Cadalic and Benson. Even more confusing is when I click on his player web page from the DD I see:

15 rushes 62 yds. .03 TD 2 Rec. 15yds. 0.1TD 10FPT!!!!!!!! This looks about right for my scoring system.

Please tell me what I am doing wrong or what projections to believe. Are the Dodds/Henry projections the best we have for now or can I even use the weight projections from the PD to get my numbers.

TIA

GoBears84 I would really appreciate a response to this. My leagues can start 1QB 1RB 2WR 1Te 1 Def and 1 flex RB or WR. Also get 1 pt. per PPR. 6pts for td except for QB.This morning I manually used the custom cheat sheet for my league based on Dodds/Norton Projections to get my pts. scored this week by position for trying to set up my starters. After doing this I thought I was pretty well set on my starters. After reading your post, I went into the DD and set my Game By Game to week one at 1.0 and the rest at 0. Now since I have been using the PD for all my drafts with each expert being weighted at 20% each, I imported their projections into the DD and am coming up with very different numbers for the weekly totals. In most cases (I got 5 teams) it is telling me to start 1RB's and 3 WR's. The biggest difference I see for a player is Dodds/Norton have Tatum Bell for 12.1 pts. (vs. Oakland) and now the DD has him for 18.5 which is about 6 pts. higher than Cadalic and Benson. Even more confusing is when I click on his player web page from the DD I see:15 rushes 62 yds. .03 TD 2 Rec. 15yds. 0.1TD 10FPT!!!!!!!! This looks about right for my scoring system. Please tell me what I am doing wrong or what projections to believe. Are the Dodds/Henry projections the best we have for now or can I even use the weight projections from the PD to get my numbers.TIA

My league settings have him at 15 pts (non PPR) so that's pretty close to yours. If you look at the PD projections, you see Henry still has him lower than the rest. Apparently Henry is going to update his projections today or tomorrow so that may have an impact. Are you just using Dodds/Henry, or are you using 20% across all of the experts?I'm going to go ahead and continue to use the weighted PD, updating my numbers as late as possible.

Actually I was comparing Dodds/Henry to the 20% guys. My DD is now showing the weighted numbers but giving Bell 18 pts just seems unrealistic. Where do the web pages numbers come from? I would guess Dodds. That's why Bell only has 10 pts there. Since I've been using the 20% guys for my drafts, I'll give their #'s a little more consideration than just Dodds/Henry. Make sense? Just curious, would you start Bell over Cadillac or Benson? I've got the same problem with Dallas and Oakland. Dodds doesn't like Oakland but the 20% guys do.

Do you know when the LD comes out will the 20% guys be doing weekly projections or is Dodds the only option?

TIA

Do you know when the LD comes out will the 20% guys be doing weekly projections or is Dodds the only option?TIA

For LD, I believe it will be all Dodds, but Bruce will need to confirm. Henry might be doing D's and IDP's.

For the Lineup Dominator...

Dodds does the current week Offense and team defense

Herman does the current week Kickers

Norton does the current week IDP

Henry does the forward weeks offense and team defense

Herman does the forward week Kickers

Norton does the forward week IDP

Gray does the SOS.

Thanks for your guys replies but now that I think about it isn't the whole process a little contradictory. First off I'm sure many people like myself used the PD and weighted experts to do their draft. In other words we wanted to spread the risk and not depend on one or two people. Now we are starting to pick starters and we only have basically Dodd's numbers to rely on in the LD.

Think of this for example although I am using made up numbers. 4 of the experts really like Oakland's defense so they each projected 220 pts. Dodds think they stink and projected 120 pts. giving them a total of 1000 pts divided by 5 equals 200 pts. With 200 pts this puts Oaklands defense say in the top 3 so I drafted them very high. Now out comes the LD and since Dodds thinks they will only score 120 pts he has them ranked in the bottom 3 and should never see the playing field. In some instances this is actually happening as in the Tatum Bell case I mentioned in the above post.

Now I am thinking did I make a big mistake in drafting Oakland so high. According to Dodds I did. I might also think I had a great draft but when I look at the LD it sucks according to Dodds.

I think you see where I am going with this and would very much like to hear your thoughts. Maybe ALL 5 of the experts should be required to do projections for the LD if we are depending on their numbers to do our draft. Let me also say I have been using the LD the past 3 years with Dodds projections only and for the most part they have been pretty good for me. Maybe I just got lucky.

Thanks for your guys replies but now that I think about it isn't the whole process a little contradictory. First off I'm sure many people like myself used the PD and weighted experts to do their draft. In other words we wanted to spread the risk and not depend on one or two people. Now we are starting to pick starters and we only have basically Dodd's numbers to rely on in the LD.Think of this for example although I am using made up numbers. 4 of the experts really like Oakland's defense so they each projected 220 pts. Dodds think they stink and projected 120 pts. giving them a total of 1000 pts divided by 5 equals 200 pts. With 200 pts this puts Oaklands defense say in the top 3 so I drafted them very high. Now out comes the LD and since Dodds thinks they will only score 120 pts he has them ranked in the bottom 3 and should never see the playing field. In some instances this is actually happening as in the Tatum Bell case I mentioned in the above post. Now I am thinking did I make a big mistake in drafting Oakland so high. According to Dodds I did. I might also think I had a great draft but when I look at the LD it sucks according to Dodds.I think you see where I am going with this and would very much like to hear your thoughts. Maybe ALL 5 of the experts should be required to do projections for the LD if we are depending on their numbers to do our draft. Let me also say I have been using the LD the past 3 years with Dodds projections only and for the most part they have been pretty good for me. Maybe I just got lucky.

I was wondering if Bruce or one of the FBG's would weigh in, since it's their policy.I essentially agree - I would love to see more projections, but it's not how FBG's is setup. That said, it is Dodds for the current week and Henry going forward - and while they will be different, they should be close. If Henry thinks they are good and Dodds thinks they are bad, they will move to a middle ground where they can both agree.Finally, it's OK to disagree with Dodds. If your Raidah defense is playing a week offense, it's OK to start them over a higher rated team. Projections aren't always correct...Joel

Why are the DD results so different from the MyFBG cheatsheets even with the same scoring?

Eli Manning goes from #4 to #21 for instance. That's outrageous.

Why are the DD results so different from the MyFBG cheatsheets even with the same scoring?Eli Manning goes from #4 to #21 for instance. That's outrageous.

The MyFBG cheatsheet is based on the hand-crafted projections for the week, and takes into account the current injury situation with Plaxico and Shockey and their limited play during pre-season. DD is just the yearly projections weighted by a simple strength-of-schedule value, weighting how good the player is expected to be on average throughout the season versus how good the defense is supposed to be on average.

GoBears84,

He said "This morning I manually used the custom cheat sheet for my league based on Dodds/Norton Projections to get my pts. scored this week by position for trying to set up my starters."

I've been reading and trying things, but don't have a grasp yet on how to take the results of my draft, and somehow using MFL or something else, get weekly individual player predictions. I've honestly tried reading just about everything posted, but still come up dry.

Is there another post that takes you step by step through how to do this?

When I tried to import my Yahoo league (11475) I must not have done it correctly because none of my players show up. Or at least I don't know what to read into it.

And I'd love to see individual player weekly porjections.

So once again, testing your patience, but have to ask. Thanks again

GoBears84,He said "This morning I manually used the custom cheat sheet for my league based on Dodds/Norton Projections to get my pts. scored this week by position for trying to set up my starters."I've been reading and trying things, but don't have a grasp yet on how to take the results of my draft, and somehow using MFL or something else, get weekly individual player predictions. I've honestly tried reading just about everything posted, but still come up dry. Is there another post that takes you step by step through how to do this?When I tried to import my Yahoo league (11475) I must not have done it correctly because none of my players show up. Or at least I don't know what to read into it.And I'd love to see individual player weekly porjections.So once again, testing your patience, but have to ask. Thanks again

In DD, look for "Weekly Points" along the header. Open it up and you'll see all the projected points for each of your players for the entire season. Refer to those for week 1. After week 1, switch over to the LD.And I don't think you can import Yahoo leagues yet...

GoBears84,He said "This morning I manually used the custom cheat sheet for my league based on Dodds/Norton Projections to get my pts. scored this week by position for trying to set up my starters."I've been reading and trying things, but don't have a grasp yet on how to take the results of my draft, and somehow using MFL or something else, get weekly individual player predictions. I've honestly tried reading just about everything posted, but still come up dry. Is there another post that takes you step by step through how to do this?When I tried to import my Yahoo league (11475) I must not have done it correctly because none of my players show up. Or at least I don't know what to read into it.And I'd love to see individual player weekly porjections.So once again, testing your patience, but have to ask. Thanks again

In DD, look for "Weekly Points" along the header. Open it up and you'll see all the projected points for each of your players for the entire season. Refer to those for week 1. After week 1, switch over to the LD.And I don't think you can import Yahoo leagues yet...
GoBears84...thanks for trying...I appreciate your patience. When I click on "Weekly Points" all I see are each of our 12 teams, along with the weekly points for each. But I don't seem to see anything specific to my team, and don't see any individual points. I'm sure I'm doing something incorrectly, but can't seem to put my finger on it. Anything else you can think of?

GoBears84...thanks for trying...I appreciate your patience. When I click on "Weekly Points" all I see are each of our 12 teams, along with the weekly points for each. But I don't seem to see anything specific to my team, and don't see any individual points. I'm sure I'm doing something incorrectly, but can't seem to put my finger on it. Anything else you can think of?
Sorry when I wrote that I was on a PC without DD loaded so I ws going by (faulty old man) memory-- right NEXT to weekly points is the header is Team WP's. That's what you want. You can also go to Pool WP to see if there is a player with more points should you need to pick somebody up already.

Sorry when I wrote that I was on a PC without DD loaded so I ws going by (faulty old man) memory-- right NEXT to weekly points is the header is Team WP's. That's what you want. You can also go to Pool WP to see if there is a player with more points should you need to pick somebody up already.

GoBears84! You guys are amazing! I am continually dazzled by what you have here, and how little I know about it. Those two screens are really helpful!

A follow-up question...I have swapped out a player in free agency, and would like to update my team. including those two new screens you introduced me to. Seems like it should be an easy thing to do. Is there a way to take my draft now and change it if I trade someone or if I swap out someone? Again...I'm blown away by what you guys have here!

GoBears84! You guys are amazing! I am continually dazzled by what you have here, and how little I know about it. Those two screens are really helpful!A follow-up question...I have swapped out a player in free agency, and would like to update my team. including those two new screens you introduced me to. Seems like it should be an easy thing to do. Is there a way to take my draft now and change it if I trade someone or if I swap out someone? Again...I'm blown away by what you guys have here!

Thanks, but all the credit goes to Bruce. Guys like me, Anon, Upchuck and others are just helping out because we have a lot of experience with it.I have to laugh I was looking for the thread about using the DD as LD when I realized I was already in it.You can manually move players from your team to the player pool or another team and from the player pool to your team by right clicking on them

Bumpidy-bump to the top of the Forum. :lmao:

Thanks GoBears84. As usual, your suggestions are spot-on.

Have a great season!

I think this answered my earlier post about missing features. I guess it's lineup dominator that I'm remembering, odd to not have it out prior to week 1. Thanks.

The only problem is that week 1 projections are NOT updating into the DD. Recent changes like Mike Bell are not taken into account. It's amazing that week 1 and the fantasy playoffs are the worst times of the year for DD/LD users .... week 1 we don't get updates and in the fantasy playoffs they stop doing look-ahead projections.

The only problem is that week 1 projections are NOT updating into the DD. Recent changes like Mike Bell are not taken into account. It's amazing that week 1 and the fantasy playoffs are the worst times of the year for DD/LD users .... week 1 we don't get updates and in the fantasy playoffs they stop doing look-ahead projections.

Probably because Thomas is still listed as doubtful. Check again on Saturday. You can also import into PD and then into DD and see if those update.

Probably because Thomas is still listed as doubtful. Check again on Saturday. You can also import into PD and then into DD and see if those update.
The updates Ariakas is refering to (I believe) are those linked to on the Week One Content page. All the DD/LD/VBD updates are as of 9/7. None of the newer projections on the WOC page are available for import/update to DD/LD/VBD hence the frustration. I updated one of my leagues as suggested via VBD, no change. :confused:

The updates Ariakas is refering to (I believe) are those linked to on the Week One Content page. All the DD/LD/VBD updates are as of 9/7. None of the newer projections on the WOC page are available for import/update to DD/LD/VBD hence the frustration. I updated one of my leagues as suggested via VBD, no change. :wall:
Bump - because people will be looking for it :yes:

The updates Ariakas is refering to (I believe) are those linked to on the Week One Content page. All the DD/LD/VBD updates are as of 9/7. None of the newer projections on the WOC page are available for import/update to DD/LD/VBD hence the frustration. I updated one of my leagues as suggested via VBD, no change. :wall:
Bump - because people will be looking for it :yes:
And again this year....