What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Jim Leonhard (1 Viewer)

Chaos Commish

Footballguy
Somebody named Jim Leonhard had 8 solos, 5 assists, a pass defended and got an interception and returned it 36 yards. Nice day.

Obviously, Ko is out for a good piece of the season. Leonhard is listed at 5-8 and 185. I don't see a reason to get excited about the Bills FS. I wasn't excited about Ko. But perhaps OCs will see this as a weakness to exploit and Leonhard will continue to see himself in the middle of things. Seems like a longshot, but that's all I got.

Anyone?

Somebody named Jim Leonhard had 8 solos, 5 assists, a pass defended and got an interception and returned it 36 yards. Nice day.Obviously, Ko is out for a good piece of the season. Leonhard is listed at 5-8 and 185. I don't see a reason to get excited about the Bills FS. I wasn't excited about Ko. But perhaps OCs will see this as a weakness to exploit and Leonhard will continue to see himself in the middle of things. Seems like a longshot, but that's all I got. Anyone?
Jim Leonhard is a former WI Badger - amazing story. Was a walk on - by the 3rd year full scholarship. He is a tazmanian devil - always everywhere all over the field. Motor running all the time. Classic blue collar worker - overachiever. Nice to see he is transforming all that in the NFL - not to many Badgers make it big in the NFL - M Bennett, R Dayne, B Calhoun.....My 2 cents

I remember him at Wisconsin, but I never thought he'd make it in the NFL. He went undrafted in a lousy draft class, but he's clearly a very hard worker. Thanks Pretender, I'm getting more intrigued reading your description and looking at that stat line.

I'd like a report from someone who watched the Broncs and Bills yesterday. Was he picked on? Or, did he just go all tazmanian?

Last edited by a moderator:
Free preview of the DEFENDER or PRETENDER feature in this week's Reading the Defense... :lol: .

FS Jim Leonhard (8-5-0, INT) – PRETENDER

The Bills defense has been decimated over the past month. Free safety Ko Simpson joined the long list of severe injuries to the Buffalo starting unit after suffering a broken ankle in the first quarter last week. Jim Leonhard stepped in and filled up the boxscore with 13 total tackles. He’s likely to be the hottest DB pickup in all IDP leagues this week. But, unless you’re in a particularly deep league, leave him off your list in favor of a better option. Leonhard faced 71 offensive plays against Denver and 56 that resulted in a tackle or sack, both above average numbers. The free safety position was ably manned by Simpson last year, who was able to top five solo tackles only once in 2006 on his way to a 51 solo tackle finish. The Tampa-2 defense does not provide much tackle opportunity for tackles for it’s free safeties and there’ll only be scraps behind Paul Posluszny, Angelo Crowell and Donte Whitner in future weeks. The Bills defense may be bad, but they won’t be bad enough to give Leonhard enough opportunity. Let someone else insert the coming 2-1-0 weeks into their starting lineup.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tasmanian Devil; "Taz" for short, is described as: "A strong murderous beast, jaws as powerful as a steel trap, has ravenous appetite, eats tigers, lions, elephants, buffaloes, donkeys, giraffes, octopuses, rhinoceroses, and moose." However, this definition is only partially accurate. He also eats chickens, ducks, and especially rabbits.

:lmao:

i saw report that Whitner would head to FS, and this guy would take over at SS.

Not being a Buffalo Bill expert, does this position switch matter, and do you even believe it?

He appears in a few highlights. Getting burned by Stokely and making a decent but saving tackle on Henry. He was lined up over the slot all day and definitely playing in the box (SS) on the Henry highlight.

Plot thickening, Mr. Pretender? Also, be sure tazmanian devils eat football players when other game isn't available.

JOBOOZOSO said:
i saw report that Whitner would head to FS, and this guy would take over at SS.Not being a Buffalo Bill expert, does this position switch matter, and do you even believe it?
I'm looking around for this report with no luck. Do you have a link?I did find expectations that Jaroun will be very active seeking veteran help on the waiver wire this week. I cannot find anything about Leonhard and Simpson switching positions.

JOBOOZOSO said:
i saw report that Whitner would head to FS, and this guy would take over at SS.Not being a Buffalo Bill expert, does this position switch matter, and do you even believe it?
I'm looking around for this report with no luck. Do you have a link?I did find expectations that Jaroun will be very active seeking veteran help on the waiver wire this week. I cannot find anything about Leonhard and Simpson switching positions.
I haven't seen anything either...but with Leonhard at only 180 pounds, it would surprise me to see him at SS.

JOBOOZOSO said:
I haven't seen anything either...but with Leonhard at only 180 pounds, it would surprise me to see him at SS.
I saw a similar note but it suggested Wendling SS/Whitner FS.

Jim cant go to SS at that size, forthermore he is listed as the back up FS.

Wendling is listed at 3rd string SS and is a rookie.

The speculation in this thread doesnt seem to make much sense.

>>> And when I look at the preseason gamebooks - the 4th game had Whitner and Ko start. Yet at the second defensive drive (when many starters have been removed) you will immediatley see Leonhard and George Wilson (the listed 2nd string safeties everywhere) get some action/tackles/stats. I think that should paint a pretty solid picture of where the Bill safety situation was just a few days ago.

Unless something has really changed in the past 8 days, I wouldnt expect any out of the ordinary change of positioning. Though Leonhard may prove to be a good IDP play. Especially if he becomes the picked on man of the defensive unit.

Users who are viewing this thread