What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Turfwar.com (3 Viewers)

Thanks again Dodds for the heads-up on this one. And thanks for the great customer service TurfWarrior. Looks like Waverider (aka Billsville Trojans) finished #1 and #3 overall in the ALL game and #8 in the Early game for total winnings of $6075!!! I finished #1 overall in the Early game for $2500. Plus several other members cashed as well like Gangster, DaddyFatSacks, and BoomBoom. The bottom line is that FBG forum members represented! Out of the $25k in prize money for this week, I think we may have collectively won $10k. :hifive: :hifive: :goodposting:
Congrats to everyone, and thanks again FBG and TurfWar! I would never have known about this contest, and now I can pay some bills, and for good karma, kick in a little to charity (maybe Katrina-related, it was the Saints scoring only 14 that gave me an extra $250, pushing me from 4th to 3rd)!

Thanks again Dodds for the heads-up on this one. And thanks for the great customer service TurfWarrior. Looks like Waverider (aka Billsville Trojans) finished #1 and #3 overall in the ALL game and #8 in the Early game for total winnings of $6075!!! I finished #1 overall in the Early game for $2500. Plus several other members cashed as well like Gangster, DaddyFatSacks, and BoomBoom. The bottom line is that FBG forum members represented! Out of the $25k in prize money for this week, I think we may have collectively won $10k. :pickle: :hifive: :moneybag:
Congrats to everyone, and thanks again FBG and TurfWar! I would never have known about this contest, and now I can pay some bills, and for good karma, kick in a little to charity (maybe Katrina-related, it was the Saints scoring only 14 that gave me an extra $250, pushing me from 4th to 3rd)!
I haven't heard from all this week's winners yet but I can tell you the following as of 8 am CT:1) FBGs have won over $15,000 of the $25,000 cash prizes for this week2) FBGs took 1st place in EACH of our 4 weekly contests - that's $12,500 right there.Clearly there are some great football minds out there!

Last edited by a moderator:
I work for a payroll company and it is my understanding that you need to give a social security number as these earnings will be reported as gambling winnings on a W2-G. There are certain monetary limits that apply and they may even dock your payout for federal withholding.

See below forms and instructions :

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw2g.pdf
Just want to be clear: Turf War is defined legally as a "game of skill", as such any winnings are not defined as gambling winnings. Gambling winnings result from winning "games of chance". As I mentioned in an earlier post, the Online Gambling legislation passed by Congress last fall contains a specific exemption for Fantasy Sports contests that follow the guidelines set forth in the legislation. Turf War fully complies with each of those guidelines and is therefore a game of skill and legal in the U.S.

I work for a payroll company and it is my understanding that you need to give a social security number as these earnings will be reported as gambling winnings on a W2-G. There are certain monetary limits that apply and they may even dock your payout for federal withholding.

See below forms and instructions :

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fw2g.pdf
Just want to be clear: Turf War is defined legally as a "game of skill", as such any winnings are not defined as gambling winnings. Gambling winnings result from winning "games of chance". As I mentioned in an earlier post, the Online Gambling legislation passed by Congress last fall contains a specific exemption for Fantasy Sports contests that follow the guidelines set forth in the legislation. Turf War fully complies with each of those guidelines and is therefore a game of skill and legal in the U.S.
that is great news! thanks Turf Warrior!

I got 6th in this weeks all games contest. An extra $150 is never a bad thing.

P.S. I was weary of sending the SS#, but due to this thread I feel a bit better about the legitemacy of it.

I just missed some money taking 15th in one of the contests, My account is up to 21 credits with multiple leagues 1sts and seconds in the subleagues.

I got my email too. My credits still say 4 and I earned another 10 this week. Waiting for the update to 14....subgroup finishes : three 1st place (6) and four 2nd place (4)
Jeff,I started the day with 4 credits and since some scores were updated I have four 1st place finishes (4 * 2) = 8 and two second place finishes (2 * 1) = 2. My total credits is now 13 and I think it is supposed to be 14.Thanks for checking into this.
My credits are fubar too...gave me 9 and I should have 12. Hopefully this can get fixed!

I got my email too. My credits still say 4 and I earned another 10 this week. Waiting for the update to 14....subgroup finishes : three 1st place (6) and four 2nd place (4)
Jeff,I started the day with 4 credits and since some scores were updated I have four 1st place finishes (4 * 2) = 8 and two second place finishes (2 * 1) = 2. My total credits is now 13 and I think it is supposed to be 14.Thanks for checking into this.
My credits are fubar too...gave me 9 and I should have 12. Hopefully this can get fixed!
Hey again ct,We're aware of the situation and are in the process of making the appropriate adjustments.

Hey again ct,We're aware of the situation and are in the process of making the appropriate adjustments.
Mine went through correctly..the credits that is but I see you are doing site maintenance? Got this when I tried to do a play now You will be able to see previous rosters in an upcoming version which is coming soon.

Anybody know why I get this when I try to get back on the site?

$('widget_time_header_image').src = $('widget_time_header_image').src.gsub('pixel.gif', 'type_img_all_contest_closes.gif'); GameDay.countdown.setTarget(new Date(2007, 8, 30, 11)); GameDay.countdown.setCredits(4); Element.update("login_or_logout", "LOGOUT (3MTA3)"); $("login_or_logout_link").onclick = "goto_page('/logout')";

I've cleared cookies and everything but still doesn't work. I just signed up this morning, now I get a white screen with the above junk.

site is back up :ptts:
really? seems like a pretty stable venture....
$('widget_time_header_image').src = $('widget_time_header_image').src.gsub('pixel.gif', 'type_img_all_contest_closes.gif'); GameDay.countdown.setTarget(new Date(2007, 8, 30, 11)); GameDay.countdown.setCredits(0); Element.update("login_or_logout", "LOGIN / SIGNUP"); $("login_or_logout_link").onclick = "goto_page('/login')";
This is what I see when I click on the link.

Disclaimer: These guys advertised in our email newsletter this week.

I know there are a lot of different contests out there, but this looks like a lot of fun one each week. I was able to meet the owners in Las Vegas (at the Fantasy Sports Trade Association) and am impressed with what they have put together. You essentially choose a team and then also answer questions like will Travis Henry rush for over 100 yards (which can earn you extra points if you get them right). Win top spots and get paid. They have 4 different contests each week that correspond to game times.

I am posting here because this contest will be free to play this week. But they are still giving away the $25,000 and I would love for a Footballguy to win.

Turfwar.com
silly me I didn't realize Dodds was selling crack and I was about to go to his corner to buy some.Turfwar got me hooked real quick

I need to start hashing out the $ excuses for the wife now. "But Tomlinson was a lock to get 100 yards and 3 TDs" isn't gonna cut it as an excuse

Disclaimer: These guys advertised in our email newsletter this week.

I know there are a lot of different contests out there, but this looks like a lot of fun one each week. I was able to meet the owners in Las Vegas (at the Fantasy Sports Trade Association) and am impressed with what they have put together. You essentially choose a team and then also answer questions like will Travis Henry rush for over 100 yards (which can earn you extra points if you get them right). Win top spots and get paid. They have 4 different contests each week that correspond to game times.

I am posting here because this contest will be free to play this week. But they are still giving away the $25,000 and I would love for a Footballguy to win.

Turfwar.com
silly me I didn't realize Dodds was selling crack and I was about to go to his corner to buy some.Turfwar got me hooked real quick

I need to start hashing out the $ excuses for the wife now. "But Tomlinson was a lock to get 100 yards and 3 TDs" isn't gonna cut it as an excuse
does their web site actually work?

I'm at work and I would like to read up on this but I'm not sure if my company will see it as a gambling site. Anyone try going to this site while at work?

Bri said:
Joe T said:
does their web site actually work?
whaddya mean?turfwar.com gives ya a blank white page?works for me
Thanks for your patience - we're back up this morning after making some performance enhancements; the 1st thing you'll probably notice is that the roster picker application is much faster than in our earlier release. We're also adding some additional functional over the next several weeks that I'm sure you're going to appreciate.

So it was free last week. Was that just a promotional thing? What are the costs this week?
Sweet J,Yes, last week was our last free week - however every person that signs up gets 4 free promotional game credits to use whenever they'd like. One thing I'd like to point out is that these 4 promotional credits are not redeemable for cash at the end of the season. Any other credits earned through subleague wins, or credits paid for but not used, ARE redeemable at the end of the season at the rate of $5 per credit.Hope that answers your questions.

derek19 said:
I'm at work and I would like to read up on this but I'm not sure if my company will see it as a gambling site. Anyone try going to this site while at work?
Again, just to reiterate, Turf War is a game of skill as defined by the recent Online Gambling legislation (as opposed to a game of chance) and is therefore exempt from online gambling/gaming restrictions and legal to play in the U.S.The Fantasy Sports exemption is contained in the SECURITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY FOR EVERY PORT ACT OF 2006 under UNLAWFUL INTERNET GAMBLING ENFORCEMENT SEC. 801. at the tail end of the bill.

For those of you interested in reading this legislation here is the link, remember the fantasy sports exemption is near the end of this lengthy document:

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/ge...d=f:publ347.109

derek19 said:
Again, just to reiterate, Turf War is a game of skill as defined by the recent Online Gambling legislation (as opposed to a game of chance) and is therefore exempt from online gambling/gaming restrictions and legal to play in the U.S.The Fantasy Sports exemption is contained in the SECURITY AND ACCOUNTABILITY FOR EVERY PORT ACT OF 2006 under UNLAWFUL INTERNET GAMBLING ENFORCEMENT SEC. 801. at the tail end of the bill.

For those of you interested in reading this legislation here is the link, remember the fantasy sports exemption is near the end of this lengthy document:

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/ge...d=f:publ347.109
I think he's inferring how his boss might think of it. No need to risk your job when you can do it at home kinda thing.

So it was free last week. Was that just a promotional thing? What are the costs this week?
Sweet J,Yes, last week was our last free week - however every person that signs up gets 4 free promotional game credits to use whenever they'd like. One thing I'd like to point out is that these 4 promotional credits are not redeemable for cash at the end of the season. Any other credits earned through subleague wins, or credits paid for but not used, ARE redeemable at the end of the season at the rate of $5 per credit.Hope that answers your questions.
That sounds GREAT! I assume it is FIFO, so that if I play all 4 games this week, it deducts the promotional credits first and any remianing credits would be redeemable.BTW : I think my credit balance should be 14 instead of 13.Let me know when you can verify this.thanks!

That sounds GREAT! I assume it is FIFO, so that if I play all 4 games this week, it deducts the promotional credits first and any remianing credits would be redeemable.BTW : I think my credit balance should be 14 instead of 13.Let me know when you can verify this.Thanks!
Correct on the FIFO. And we'll be making subleague credit adjustments soon.

4:45 PM PST - Website is showing a lot of "Oops, we dropped the ball" on most things I've clicked. I'll try again later tonight. Thanks TW!

I just entered some rosters but I am not confident in the least that it actually worked, it was kinda buggy... Anyone else still having any problems?

Now I'm confused....how many credits does it cost for one entry in any of the games?

For some reason I thought you could play 5 entries in one game for one credit which would allow you to play 5 entries in all 4 games with 4 credits.

So with the promotional 4 credits, how many game entries can you actually make?

I looked on the website and found no answer to these questions.

Please clarify....

Now I'm confused....how many credits does it cost for one entry in any of the games?For some reason I thought you could play 5 entries in one game for one credit which would allow you to play 5 entries in all 4 games with 4 credits.So with the promotional 4 credits, how many game entries can you actually make?I looked on the website and found no answer to these questions.Please clarify....
Not sure either, that's part of the confusion I'm having as well. I managed to enter 5 rosters in one game with my 4 credits. Now I have 0 credits left. :lmao:

I just reviewed the Terms of Use, it seems that the "ALL" game is 2 credits PER ENTRY. The "EARLY" "LATE" and "NIGHT" are each 1 credit for EACH ENTRY.

I got spoiled last week when I entered 20 entries for free. I was thinking the 4 promotional credits were the equivalent of that. The 4 promotional credits give you 2 entries in the ALL or 4 entries in any other game.

Now I need to clarify this with all the people I hyped this up to this week.........it's not quite what I thought it was.

No fault of Turfwar, just my lack of understanding.

Now I'm confused....how many credits does it cost for one entry in any of the games?For some reason I thought you could play 5 entries in one game for one credit which would allow you to play 5 entries in all 4 games with 4 credits.So with the promotional 4 credits, how many game entries can you actually make?I looked on the website and found no answer to these questions.Please clarify....
Not sure either, that's part of the confusion I'm having as well. I managed to enter 5 rosters in one game with my 4 credits. Now I have 0 credits left. :yawn:
Last night we installed the ability to enter more rosters than you have credits to pay for - you'll have to pay for the unpaid rosters before game time Sunday otherwise they will be automatically deleted.

Can someone post the player scoring here?

I can't read it on that web site. Thanks in advance.

Turf Warrior said:
Joe T said:
http://www.turfwar.com/pages/scoring

Can anyone else read this?

I tried printing it as well, but that didn't work either.

I know this is some sort of scam, but it is roping me in anyway.
At the moment we're not seeing the same thing you're seeing but are troubleshooting your issue. What browser and version are you using?
Looks like version 6.0.2900Browser = IE

Users who are viewing this thread