What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chuck*** thread (1 Viewer)

dickey moe

Fingerpicker
First episode tonight.

Saw the pilot episode in-flight a couple of weeks ago. It was funny and clever and the CIA agent chick is hot. I would probably watch it regularly if it wasn't for MNF or if I had a TIVO. Still, I'll be surprised if it lasts longer than one season.

It looks mildly amusing. Decent characters, and it seems like fairly intelligent humor with enough lowbrow from his friend that it should be funny.

She's hot. Adam Baldwin was too serious so far. And the NSA/CIA bickering seemed off. But I enjoyed it enough to keep Tivoing it for a while.

Not horrible. It had some good moments. And she is pretty hot. It's worth a second viewing.

Last edited by a moderator:
It reminds me a lot of the show Psych. It wasn't bad though, I'll keep watching if I don't have anything else to do.

It reminds me a lot of the show Psych. It wasn't bad though, I'll keep watching if I don't have anything else to do.
I think you're right - but I think Psych is a little better. I probably won't watch it again - just meh for me, and I don't want to add new TV shows unless it is really good (for example, Damages is really good).

I watched it and enjoyed it. It is on before Heroes so I probably will watch it along with Journeyman.

All good comments.

Mildly entertaining, with the promise of something more, but the disappointment of nothing really new. But it's on before Heroes, so there ya go.

I was actually disappointed in Vorenus... Journeyman. I hope they write a fleshier character/situation for him, or that show is going to be :lmao:

Watched the pilot a few weeks ago thru the magic of Tivo. Was disappointed. At times it was painful to watch.

The whole CIA/NSA killing each other thing was ridiculous.

Wasn't impressed. This show will need a LOT of those CIA agent in her underwear strapping on knives and whatnot scenes to stay on the air. She's AWESOME.

So I was watching tonight and I caught something. Chuck blurts out why Oceanic 815 was shot down. For those of you that watch Lost you'll recognize that as the flight that our survivors were on.

All good comments.Mildly entertaining, with the promise of something more, but the disappointment of nothing really new. But it's on before Heroes, so there ya go.I was actually disappointed in Vorenus... Journeyman. I hope they write a fleshier character/situation for him, or that show is going to be :shrug:
So what's lacking with this show? It just isn't working for me... bad writing? :thumbdown:

All good comments.Mildly entertaining, with the promise of something more, but the disappointment of nothing really new. But it's on before Heroes, so there ya go.I was actually disappointed in Vorenus... Journeyman. I hope they write a fleshier character/situation for him, or that show is going to be :shrug:
So what's lacking with this show? It just isn't working for me... bad writing? :thumbdown:
Which one? I thought Chuck had some moments and I don't find Journeyman to be all that bad.

All good comments.Mildly entertaining, with the promise of something more, but the disappointment of nothing really new. But it's on before Heroes, so there ya go.I was actually disappointed in Vorenus... Journeyman. I hope they write a fleshier character/situation for him, or that show is going to be :bye:
Which one? I thought Chuck had some moments and I don't find Journeyman to be all that bad.
Chuck... I don't see it being any different episode to episode, and it's just not funny enough for me. The chick is pretty... umm... pretty. But the rest is just meh for me.Journeyman grew on me last night. I like that the writers are weaving the characters' histories into the story-line of the show which relieves it from being just Quantum Leap2 Electric Boogaloo. But where's Pulo, dammit!

All good comments.Mildly entertaining, with the promise of something more, but the disappointment of nothing really new. But it's on before Heroes, so there ya go.I was actually disappointed in Vorenus... Journeyman. I hope they write a fleshier character/situation for him, or that show is going to be :bye:
Chuck... I don't see it being any different episode to episode, and it's just not funny enough for me. The chick is pretty... umm... pretty. But the rest is just meh for me.Journeyman grew on me last night. I like that the writers are weaving the characters' histories into the story-line of the show which relieves it from being just Quantum Leap2 Electric Boogaloo. But where's Pulo, dammit!
Well I think there is some background noise they have to get out of the way in the first few shows. He has to bond to CIA chick cause NSA dude is going to do him in once the new computer is online. He has to start being a more willing participant, can't be dragging him along kicking and screaming all the time. So I think they are getting those out of the way. As I mentioned in the Journeyman thread most shows need some time to hit their stride. Very few shows are hits out of the gate and some of the biggest hits ever took a whole season to get going. Look at Seinfeld or Cheers.But Chuck has done enough so far for me to give it a few more episodes before I cash out, as has Journeyman. Although I am not sure Journeyman is going to make it that far due to ratings. I think a bunch of people switch from Heroes to MNF.

So I was watching tonight and I caught something. Chuck blurts out why Oceanic 815 was shot down. For those of you that watch Lost you'll recognize that as the flight that our survivors were on.
Caught that and had to rewind for the wife.

I thought it was interesting, since Lost is an ABC show, that they would cross reference it like that.

Chuck learning how to fly and land a helicopter in 12 seconds pretty much sealed the deal for me not watching it anymore.

I don't know who the chick is, but she is definitely hawt. And the geeky sidekick from Chuck's work is almost entertaining. But overall I don't think this show can survive. It's not all that good IMO.

Chuck learning how to fly and land a helicopter in 12 seconds pretty much sealed the deal for me not watching it anymore.I don't know who the chick is, but she is definitely hawt. And the geeky sidekick from Chuck's work is almost entertaining. But overall I don't think this show can survive. It's not all that good IMO.
Yes but the background for that was his video game playing. And really a lot of these simulators are very true to life. You wouldn't want that to be your pilots only training but it is better than nothing. Plus it's a tv show where all the nations secrets are downloaded into his head and he isn't sitting in some lab underground somewhere. Why sweat the small stuff?

I thought it was interesting, since Lost is an ABC show, that they would cross reference it like that.
During an episode of the Office , when Dwight was "training" Ryan one of the many questions he was throwing at him was "What is the dharma initiative?"

i think this is a great show.

the two chicks are hot. the sister is an improved version of Tiffany Amber Thiessen.

i think this is a great show.

the two chicks are hot. the sister is an improved version of Tiffany Amber Thiessen.
While I don't agree that she's improved over TAT, it's interesting that you say that, considering she was a regular on Saved By The Bell: The New Class.

NCCommish said:
eagles2007 said:
i think this is a great show.the two chicks are hot. the sister is an improved version of Tiffany Amber Thiessen.
Yeah the sister is defintely hot. I liked last nights villian as well. Scar and all.
So re: blondy... anybody else notice the bad skin? Am I being too picky here... I mean- she's hot as all crap in that WeinerDog outfit, but I keep zoning in on the pock-marks.

NCCommish said:
eagles2007 said:
i think this is a great show.the two chicks are hot. the sister is an improved version of Tiffany Amber Thiessen.
Yeah the sister is defintely hot. I liked last nights villian as well. Scar and all.
So re: blondy... anybody else notice the bad skin? Am I being too picky here... I mean- she's hot as all crap in that WeinerDog outfit, but I keep zoning in on the pock-marks.
The small imperfections make her that much hotter. She's easily top 3 on TV right now.

NCCommish said:
eagles2007 said:
The small imperfections make her that much hotter. She's easily top 3 on TV right now.
I hadn't even noticed.

I wouldn't get too attached to either this show or Journeyman... NBC's Monday Night Ratings are in shambles right now.

She's hot. Adam Baldwin was too serious so far. And the NSA/CIA bickering seemed off. But I enjoyed it enough to keep Tivoing it for a while.
She is indeed hot, moderate snaggle-tooth and all.I have to disagree on Adam Baldwin. By far my favorite Baldwin.

I wouldn't get too attached to either this show or Journeyman... NBC's Monday Night Ratings are in shambles right now.
That's surprising. I figured they'd lose people after Heroes who go over to MNF, but I would have hoped the first two shows were gaining steam.

NCCommish said:
eagles2007 said:
I noticed it the first episode, lots of make-up caked on to fill them in.

The subtleties of this show are great.

The hot redhead slipped the diamond into Morgan's Tyrell Corporation messenger bag. :lmao:

Is this worth watching? I have the first couple of episodes on DVR. Premise seemed pretty good. I've also got Pushing Daisies on the DVR, which I definitely plan on watching. Don't really want to add a lot of TV viewing, but just want a few FBG opinions.

Is this worth watching? I have the first couple of episodes on DVR. Premise seemed pretty good. I've also got Pushing Daisies on the DVR, which I definitely plan on watching. Don't really want to add a lot of TV viewing, but just want a few FBG opinions.
It's not going to get any Emmys but I enjoy it.

The subtleties of this show are great.

The hot redhead slipped the diamond into Morgan's Tyrell Corporation messenger bag. :thumbup:
Completely missed that.But was loling to myself re: "subtletites", given the insane hotness of the two chicks and the show taking EVERY opportunity to take their clothes off.

Let's just say I'm growing on the show.

[WillyWonka] Scratch that. Reverse it. [/WillyWonka]

Me too. I'm not going to be too bummed when it's cancelled (just doesn't feel like it has long term potential), but it's a weekly watch until that point.Pushing Daisies, however, is simply outstanding.

Anyone watching this tonight? Another movie reference. They got the guy from Big Trouble in Little China and his name is Lo Pan and he's in a wheel chair. The Chinese agent trying to rescue her Brother from Lo Pan? Maio Yin.

Anyone watching this tonight? Another movie reference. They got the guy from Big Trouble in Little China and his name is Lo Pan and he's in a wheel chair. The Chinese agent trying to rescue her Brother from Lo Pan? Maio Yin.
Yep

I thought that was a nice touch, but man, this show has got to get a little bit of an edge soon or I'm tuning out.

I thought that was a nice touch, but man, this show has got to get a little bit of an edge soon or I'm tuning out.
For me it is a nice quiet, non-"thought provoking" show. Just fun. Before Heroes, Journeyman and Californication which are more high paced.

Me too. I'm not going to be too bummed when it's cancelled (just doesn't feel like it has long term potential), but it's a weekly watch until that point.Pushing Daisies, however, is simply outstanding.
Good posting, especially re: Pushing Daisies.Chuck's co-worker/friend Morgan cracks me up. Anyone else recognize him as the lovestruck driver from that On-Star commercial?

The Chuck producers seem intent on inserting an extra hottie in every episode. GB that.

I actually laughed out loud when they said his name. :thumbup:

Good posting, especially re: Pushing Daisies.Chuck's co-worker/friend Morgan cracks me up. Anyone else recognize him as the lovestruck driver from that On-Star commercial?

The Chuck producers seem intent on inserting an extra hottie in every episode. GB that.
Yep

Yep
:thumbup: Rachel Bilson is yummy.It's not the best written show on TV, but for someone that only watches 3-4 shows a week, I try to make sure this is one of them.

Users who are viewing this thread