What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chuck*** thread (1 Viewer)

Loved the Die Hard references. Was expecting more Groundhog Day references as well with the Ned Ryerson name.

Looks like this might not make the cut into next season with NBC's loss of 5 hours of primetime to Jay.

Looks like this might not make the cut into next season with NBC's loss of 5 hours of primetime to Jay.
I will write an angry letter if this happens.
Here, here. I only record a couple shows on NBC and this one is probably the only one worth watching. I just watch Heroes because I have watched it since day one, but it is no Chuck.Man, with BSG done, Lost only a couple eps from its final season, losing Chuck could really suck. Man, I hope Fringe is doing OK on Fox or I may just have to cancel Dish. The kids can suffer like me. :lmao:

i really expected the previews to say series finale for next week after watching this week. surprisingly, it was only season finale. any update on its future?

i really expected the previews to say series finale for next week after watching this week. surprisingly, it was only season finale. any update on its future?
Nope. It's fate is still undecided, but the 5 hrs worth of Leno crap severely shrinks the available airtime. I'd unfortunately say it's a 33% chance at best.

is this shows ratings that bad?

why would it get axed.

best show not on HBO IMO
NBC continuously finishes 4th on Monday nights.http://www.zap2it.com/tv/ratings/zap-tv-ra...0,3792974.story

The thing I wonder about though, is how is DVR recording being taking into account on ratings nowadays. I watch DWTS and Chuck and Heroes on Monday night and know I can't be the only one that does this. I always watch DWTS live though and watch Chuck and Heroes on the DVR.

ETA: Should have read the fine print....

Ratings information is taken from fast national data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are preliminary and subject to change.

This still screws over Chuck and Heroes in my situation because oftentimes I won't watch them on Monday night.

Last edited by a moderator:

why would it get axed.

best show not on HBO IMO
NBC continuously finishes 4th on Monday nights.http://www.zap2it.com/tv/ratings/zap-tv-ra...0,3792974.story

The thing I wonder about though, is how is DVR recording being taking into account on ratings nowadays. I watch DWTS and Chuck and Heroes on Monday night and know I can't be the only one that does this. I always watch DWTS live though and watch Chuck and Heroes on the DVR.

Ratings information is taken from fast national data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are preliminary and subject to change.

This still screws over Chuck and Heroes in my situation because oftentimes I won't watch them on Monday night.
If I was paying for advertising I wouldn't put my money into a show that is heavily dvr'd. That being said if last weeks episode was the last of the season that would have been a good one to end on.

why would it get axed.

best show not on HBO IMO

If I was paying for advertising I wouldn't put my money into a show that is heavily dvr'd. That being said if last weeks episode was the last of the season that would have been a good one to end on.
The thing is, even the shows I saw I watch live, I don't actually watch live. I'll start watching them 15 minutes in for an hour show and FF through all the commercials and finish it the same time it actually finishes. I can't be the only one who does this. Is that any different than watching the show the next day?

If he's no longer the intersect where does this show go? :shrug:
I was wondering the same thing and this was the primary reason I expected next week to be the series finale.
Hope not.
If, in two weeks, that is the last episode of the show to ever air, it will be one of the least satisfying finales of all time. Chris Fedak, the guy who created the show, said people will set their living rooms on fire.
http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/04/...z-isnt-sure/?hp

If he's no longer the intersect where does this show go? :lol:
I was wondering the same thing and this was the primary reason I expected next week to be the series finale.
Hope not.
If, in two weeks, that is the last episode of the show to ever air, it will be one of the least satisfying finales of all time. Chris Fedak, the guy who created the show, said people will set their living rooms on fire.
http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/04/...z-isnt-sure/?hp
That would be very, very bad. Thing is, NBC did the same thing to me last year with Las Vegas.

I just stumbled across this thread. This is one of the shows that I try to watch live, but DVR just in case. Regardless, I hope it comes back, one of my favorite shows on TV right now.

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto,

Mata ah-oo hima de

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto,

Himitsu wo shiri tai

You're wondering who I am-machine or mannequin

With parts made in Japan, I am the modren man

I've got a secret I've been hiding under my skin

My heart is human, my blood is boiling, my brain I.B.M.

So if you see me acting strangely, don't be surprised

I'm just a man who needed someone, and somewhere to hide

To keep me alive-just keep me alive

Somewhere to hide to keep me alive

I'm not a robot without emotions-I'm not what you see

I've come to help you with your problems, so we can be free

I'm not a hero, I'm not a saviour, forget what you know

I'm just a man whose circumstances went beyond his control

Beyond my control-we all need control

I need control-we all need control

I am the modren man, who hides behind a mask

So no one else can see my true identity

Domo arigato, Mr. Roboto, domo...domo

Thank you very much, Mr. Roboto

For doing the jobs that nobody wants to

And thank you very much, Mr. Roboto

For helping me escape just when I needed to

Thank you-thank you, thank you

I want to thank you, please, thank you

The problem's plain to see: too much technology

Machines to save our lives. Machines dehumanize.

The time has come at last

To throw away this mask

So everyone can see

My true identity...

I'm Kilroy! Kilroy! Kilroy! Kilroy!

What a great season (I hope) finale. Man, I kept hitting the button on my remote to see how close it was to the end and that was with 30 minutes left. Jammed pack of good show. This show is really, really good. It would really suck to see it end now. I have one more season of Lost, no BSG, probably no Sarah Conner Chronicles, no more "good" Heroes episodes, etc. Man, I may actually have to watch one of the 50 or so crime/cop/lawyer/serial killer/doctor/ripped from the headlines shows that are always on. I would much rather watch a show with some originality that isn't like everything else.

I posted Mr. Roboto before getting to the end, THIS SHOW CAN NOT END :shrug:
:rolleyes: I had no idea the show was in trouble until I read this thread a few weeks ago. Not sure if I would have rather been blissfully ignorant and then got #####-slapped or if the dulling of the pain is better. Such a damn good show with hot chicks, comedy and enough action/story to be great out of the ordinary entertainment.

Loved the "Matrix" nod with the I Know Kung-Fu line.

I liked the show, and it could have really taken off with a season of Chuck as an unknowing badass.

chuck is probably my favorite show on TV. (big bang theory for comedy), mentalist for drama

NBC is the suck if they actually cancel this show. it's smart, funny, action and a lot of awesome all rolled into one.

heroes since season 1 has plain sucked. leno has sucked since like 1994 or whenever he came on. i mean, do we really need him on at 10 pm every night, who is going to watch that crap.

if that was the end, it makes me very sad.

NBC ruined scrubs as well. they are idiots, but hey they will have the olympics. yeah. :moneybag:

"Son, why are you letting Sam Kinison and an Indian Lesbian ruin your wedding?!?"

Perhaps the best line in the history of Chuck.

Okay. When Chuck flashed and went all ape-#### Chuck Norris on the bad guys, I leaped out of my chair cheering. My wife came in and thought I had gone insane. God I am going to miss this show. I really am.

A little more hopeful outlook:

Will Chuck's Mad New Skills Save the Show?

Apr 28, 2009 06:53 PM ET by Matt Mitovich 12 Comments

Does Chuck have some fight left in him?

Chuck creator Josh Schwartz promised a "game-changing" finale, and boy, did he deliver! Chuck's hot new brand of flashes, though, left us with several burning questions. Schwartz was kind enough to address our queries, as well as offer a status report on the beloved, butt-kicking and yet still-on-the-bubble action-comedy.

TVGuide.com: Dude, awesome season finale!

Josh Schwartz: Aw, thanks.

TVGuide.com: I got wind of the "game-changing" twist back in March, but made sure to keep mum.

Schwartz: Thank you for that. Luckily, only very few people knew [the twist], and we were able to keep it contained.

TVGuide.com: These new flashes that give Chuck an ability, how long will each one last? Like, could he "forget" kung fu in the middle of a fight?

Schwartz: What I will say is that people who are concerned that these new powers will somehow change the tone of the show or of our guy, don't be. There is a plan in place, and the tone of the show and Chuck's underdog quality will remain intact.

TVGuide.com: Will he flash on, like, a foreign language one week? And then safecracking skills the next? That kind of a thing?

Schwartz: There are a lot of options, a lot of opportunities for us to go down different paths.

TVGuide.com: Might this make Casey, who's used to being the bacon-saver, a bit jealous?

Schwartz: Certainly we're always, always looking for ways to heighten conflict between Chuck and Casey. That's a really fun dynamic for the show.

TVGuide.com: Will there be implications for Chuck and Sarah with this new development?

Schwartz: The most immediate way it impacts them is they can only be together if he is not the asset. That's why they were able to move their relationship forward in the penultimate episode, because the Intersect was out of his head, and she was no longer going to need to protect him. But now...

TVGuide.com: He's more valuable than ever.

Schwartz: Exactly. So that dynamic has changed, and it certainly puts their relationship back in jeopardy. But Chuck and Sarah's relationship will be one of the major driving stories of next season — should we have one.

TVGuide.com: Oh, don't talk like that.

Schwartz: But I have to.

TVGuide.com: What did you think about the Save Chuck Subway effort? I'd like to think it got the tide turning in the direction of a Season 3 pickup.

Schwartz: The fan reaction, the Save Chuck campaign that started on the blogs and with the critics and with the fans, on Facebook and Twitter, has been one of the most amazing experiences of my life to witness — and certainly the most creatively gratifying. Everybody involved in the show has been very, very moved and very emotional about how vocal people have become. The Subway [campaign] was a brilliant idea by somebody on the Television without Pity message boards. It really speaks to how sophisticated and savvy Chuck viewers are, to utilize product integration to save their show rather than just reject it out of hand. I have heard anecdotally stories of Subway lines out the door. I know that [subway execs] have also been extremely surprised by the level of promotion for Subway amidst all of this.

TVGuide.com: But what is NBC thinking these days?

Schwartz: Well, NBC has always really loved the show. They have been very supportive of the show, and they really do love and support the show. It's not lost on them, the fan reaction, the critical support, and this grassroots movement that's taken hold. All of that is very significant in indicating momentum for the show, growth for the show, and a really loyal and fervent fan base for the show.

TVGuide.com: So you feel like it's a genuinely difficult decision NBC is facing?

Schwartz: They have a very tight schedule this year, so...

TVGuide.com: Are you an expensive show, or just not an NBC Universal-owned show?

Schwartz: We're not an expensive show, we're not a cheap show — I think we fall in the middle. They don't own us, so there is that, but at the same time... . There are pluses and minuses to being owned [by the network you air on], I guess.

TVGuide.com: Is Bryce truly and sincerely dead this time?

Schwartz: He is dead.

TVGuide.com: You left the door open for Scott Bakula to return as Chuck's father. Is he on board for further appearances, should you get renewed?

Schwartz: We would love to have Scott back; he was such a fantastic part of the show and he surpassed all of our hopes and expectations for what he would bring to the part. He grounded the show emotionally, and he kicked ###.

TVGuide.com: Would next season be the season we explore Chuck's mom?

Schwartz: We're still formulating our thoughts for the new characters. We know the larger arc for next season that we want to play out, we know the direction we want to take the show, and we know how next season would end.

TVGuide.com: Does it end as good as this one?

Schwartz: Yeah, we're really excited about it. And one thing I will promise for next year is that, come hell or high water, Jeffster shall return!

Oh that is too bad! I went to grade school with Vik Sahay, and was really happy for his success.... I hope he goes on to more stuff, he is very funny, and actually was as a little kid too! '

edit.. misread.. glad it isnt cancelled..

It's official: NBC renews 'Chuck' (but there's a catch)

Never underestimate the power of a $5 footlong.

NBC has finalized a deal to bring Chuck back for a third season, multiple sources confirm.

That's the good news. Here's the bad news: The 13-episode pickup came after Warner Bros. agreed to make significant budget concessions, including scaling back the number of episodes several members of the show's stellar supporting cast will appear in and, per one insider, possibly eliminating one actor altogether (R.I.P. Anna Wu?). The show is also expected to cut two of its staff writers.

But back to the good news: Chuck lives on! Celebrate in the comments section!

For up-to-the-minute renewal-cancellation-pickup scuttlebutt throughout the weekend and into upfront week, stay close to both my blog (the one you're reading now!) and Twitter feed. And to track the status of your favorite bubble show, there's my Fall TV Cheat Sheet. Finally, for the official schedule announcements (beginning with Fox tomorrow) proceed to the Hollywood Insider blog.

Users who are viewing this thread