What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** Official - The Big Bang Theory thread **** (1 Viewer)

No thread on it, I have watched the shows not expecting much. The show is what it is for now... a simple comedy with some cliches. Its pretty funny though. Passes the time nicely before switching over to Heroes.

Season 3 out on DVD as well tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
The first episode was horrible, but I didn't cancel it off on my DVR and I'm glad now. Pretty funny show. This with How I Met Your Mother makes for a pretty enjoyable 44 mins of TV watching later in the week.

This is the first week that I actually chortled... twice. If not for it's cherry timeslot, I doubt it ever would have had the chance to do so.

This show is ok. Whatever. But WTF is up with the laugh track/studio audience laughing?!? I thought they stopped putting those on shows. That sucks.

It's still on the season pass list, but is treading on thin ice.

I think this show is definitely improving. It's still the weak link of the CBS Monday lineup, but at least it's no longer the weak link of the entire television season.

I don't watch many sit-coms anymore, but I really like this one. The Indian guy and the Jewish guy may be cliched sidekicks, but they're pretty well done. I do wish they'd bring back the nerd chick though, she was comic gold!

I don't watch many sit-coms anymore, but I really like this one. The Indian guy and the Jewish guy may be cliched sidekicks, but they're pretty well done. I do wish they'd bring back the nerd chick though, she was comic gold!
The horny Jewish guy doesn't seem like that much of a cliche to me, and his lines keep getting better as his character is being developed.I don't think Sara Gilbert is doing too much, so we will probably see her back. I thought her first appearance was just a gimmick, but her second shot made me think she might be used as a recurring character.Here's an observation: Is it just a coincidence that the show has gotten better since they have pulled back on all the geeks having the hots for the blonde?

I enjoy this show, but I didn't watch the first few episodes, which may be why I like it. Sheldon was extremely funny in last night's episode.

Show started out meh but has really picked up the last few episodes.

I pretty much watch the whole 2 hour block.

My rank

Two And A Half Men

Rules Of Engagement

How I met

Big Bang

But all better than most stuff on TV.

My wife and I both love this show. Just downloaded the eps last week and got caught up.

The horny Jewish guy doesn't seem like that much of a cliche to me, and his lines keep getting better as his character is being developed.I don't think Sara Gilbert is doing too much, so we will probably see her back. I thought her first appearance was just a gimmick, but her second shot made me think she might be used as a recurring character.Here's an observation: Is it just a coincidence that the show has gotten better since they have pulled back on all the geeks having the hots for the blonde?
Yes, but they had to have them act that way in the beginning. I think she's one who ties the show together - tough to find a good looking chick who can pull of that role and be believable.

Yes, but they had to have them act that way in the beginning. I think she's one who ties the show together - tough to find a good looking chick who can pull of that role and be believable.
I was reading the response you were replying to and thinking "this guy thinks about TV a bit too much. I mean, it's just television." Then I noticed who posted it. :wub:

I was reading the response you were replying to and thinking "this guy thinks about TV a bit too much. I mean, it's just television." Then I noticed who posted it. :(
:lmao:

It's pretty good but I think that the producers realize the chick isn't the selling point anymore.
Yep, the focus is squarely on the 4 nerds and their inter-relationships.BTW, I hope no one has missed that the two main nerds names are "Sheldon" and "Leonard" and that Sheldon Leonard was a famed TV producer of sit coms such as The Andy Griffith Show", the "Richard (****) Van Dyk Show" and "I Spy" with Robert Culp and Bill Cosby.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sheldon is one of the best TV comedy characters to come along in quite some time. The Sheldon-focused episodes are by far the best ones.

Love it.

CBS has taken over my TV for sitcoms.

With HIMYM...this...and Rules of Engagement.

If only they had not gotten rid of "the Class".

Love it.CBS has taken over my TV for sitcoms.With HIMYM...this...and Rules of Engagement.If only they had not gotten rid of "the Class".
My wife was also a big fan of the Class. One of the few shows that would make her laugh out loud.

Great season finale. Loved Sheldon looking for his perfect seat. Can't wait to see him finally fall for a girl. He'll lose his mind.

jamny said:
Great season finale. Loved Sheldon looking for his perfect seat. Can't wait to see him finally fall for a girl. He'll lose his mind.
There was that one episode where Sheldon snagged Raj's girl, but I'm not sure that counts.

jamny said:
There was that one episode where Sheldon snagged Raj's girl, but I'm not sure that counts.
Yeah, because he told her she looked like an Indian princess from some fairy tale his mother read him as a child. It was a pretty funny episode.

jamny said:
THE CATS ALIVE
Another show, Bones (FOX), also mentioned "Schroeder's Cat" during that same time-slot that same night. I fully expected to see another reference on House that night too.

jamny said:
Last night's show was not the season finale. The show last night was one of the first ones.

Challenge Everything said:
jamny said:
Last night's show was not the season finale. The show last night was one of the first ones.
I was talking about last weeks season finale. I only just watched it last night after coming back from vacation.

lexmark said:
B Maverick said:
jamny said:
THE CATS ALIVE
Another show, Bones (FOX), also mentioned "Schroeder's Cat" during that same time-slot that same night. I fully expected to see another reference on House that night too.
Bones is a great show, wonder if i missed the reference.

show has really picked up with the writing. begining of first season, i didnt think it was going to make it. need more outside of top 3 characters though

show has really picked up with the writing. begining of first season, i didnt think it was going to make it. need more outside of top 3 characters though
Yup.The dialogue between Sheldon and Raj was good stuff."You're not familiar with Indian cinema, are you?" -Sheldon to Raj. :PHoward had some great lines also.

They need to bring back the nerdy chick who made it with Leonard last year and then dumped him. She had definite potential as a character. Her feud with Sheldon could be comic gold.

They need to bring back the nerdy chick who made it with Leonard last year and then dumped him. She had definite potential as a character. Her feud with Sheldon could be comic gold.
and the rest of the characters from Rosanne

Users who are viewing this thread